The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 2 (June 2018 Onwards)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Madeleine today announced in a video on childhood.se that the winner of the Childhood Prize 2020 is Mette Gustafsson.

ABB donates SEK 9.5 million to charity at a time when many children around the world are particularly vulnerable due to the covid-19 pandemic.
As part of its efforts to promote social progress, ABB is renewing its partnership with the World Childhood Foundation, a global child rights organization working to prevent violence and sexual abuse against children.
ABB and the World Childhood Foundation have a long-standing and committed partnership that began more than 20 years ago, when the company became one of the organization's founding partners. The foundation was founded by H.M. Queen Silvia.
ABB stödjer World Childhood Foundation med donation - ABB

Queen Silvia had to day a digital meeting with Kenneth Bengtsson, Chairman of the World Childhood Foundation, and Paula Guillet de Monthoux, Secretary General of the World Childhood Foundation.

And later she had a digital meeting of the Childhood Executive Committee.

Queen Silvia attended yesterday a digital board meeting of the World Childhood Foundation Germany.

Björn Rosengren, President and CEO of ABB, and Johan Karlsson, Founder and President of Slättö, were elected as new members at the World Childhood Foundation's board meeting on March 11, 2021.
ABB, as a co-founder of the World Childhood Foundation (Childhood), has a long-standing and strong partnership with the foundation founded in 1999 by HM Queen Silvia.
- Promoting social progress is one of the three main pillars of ABB's sustainability strategy. As part of this, we are now strengthening our commitment to Childhood's important work in several ways. As a board member, I look forward to contributing to the work of securing children's rights worldwide, says ABB's President and CEO Björn Rosengren.
Through his company Slättö, a Nordic real estate investor, Johan Karlsson is a multi-year partner for Childhood. He already sits on the board of Childhood USA.
Björn Rosengren, ABB och Johan Karlsson, Slättö tar plats i World Childhood Foundations styrelse - World Childhood Foundation

The Board of World Childhood Foundation Sweden
Childhoods styrelse - World Childhood Foundation

Madeleine launched World Childhood Foundation's new project Stella Polaris
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMg6mqHIqnf/

AI project should stop abuse of children
Through new technology that more easily identifies perpetrators and victims, the goal is for fewer children to be exposed to sexual abuse online. The project is called Stella Polaris and is a virtual defense force for vulnerable children. It is carried out by the World Childhood Foundation and funded by the Swedish Postkodlotteriet. No similar initiative exists yet, but will be created during the four years the project runs.
AI-projekt ska stoppa övergrepp mot barn - World Childhood Foundation

Last edited:
Queen Silvia and Madeleine paid today a digital visit to the Philisa Abafazi Bethu Family Center in Cape Town, South Africa. The center is one of several that receive support from the World Childhood Foundation.
Together with Childhood's board, the queen and Madeleine met the center's founder Lucinda Evans, who helps abandoned children, abused women and children who have been sexually abused.
Queen Silvia visited Lucinda Evans in 2019 on site in Lavender Hill, when the business was run from Lucinda's backyard. Today, they received information about how the project has grown and about the family center's new premises, which were built with support from Childhood.
Drottningen och Prinsessan Madeleine på digitalt besök med Childhood - Sveriges Kungahus

Only queen Silvia was listed to attend this visit at court calendar.

Queen Silvia and World Childhood Foundation's board made today a digital visit to Barnrättsbyrån (The Children's Rights Agency), which offers social and legal support to vulnerable children.
WCF's Secretary General Paula Guillet de Monthoux welcomed all participants to the visit. WCF's Program Director/Deputy Secretary General Britta Holmberg informed about why the foundation chose to support the Child Rights Agency, since it was founded in 2011. Now WCF will invest both money and commitment to further strengthen children's rights in Sweden.
The Agency's founder and general secretary Elin Wernquist presented some of the organization's employees and told about the activities.
Drottningen deltog i digitalt besök hos Barnrättsbyrån - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Queen Silvia had today a digital meeting with the Childhood Executive Committee.

Queen Silvia had today a digital meeting with World Childhood Foundation's International Council.

Queen Silvia attended today a digital board meeting of the World Childhood Foundation.

Giva Sverige (the Swedish Fundraising Association) is the professional membership body for fundraising organisations in Sweden. They updated to their website some time ago the collected funds each member association got in 2020.
The World Childhood Foundation got in Sweden collected funds from fundraising in various events and sold products SEK 33 679 000 (in 2019 the sum was SEK 40 670 000).
World Childhood Foundation - Giva Sverige

Queen Silvia inaugurated today digitally Barnahus Ortenau, the fifth Childhood-Haus in Germany. The queen's speech was recorded at Drottningholm Palace. A Childhood-Haus is for children who are suspected of having been subjected to violence or sexual abuse.
Barnahus houses are established in Germany with the support of the World Childhood Foundation.
Drottningen invigde Barnahus Ortenau - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Photos at court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...2207520000../4354580757934136/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...2207520000../4354582484600630/?type=3&theater

The queen's speech (in german), she said among other things
"I've been dealing with this topic for so many years and yet I have the feeling that the urgency has not decreased - no, in times of the corona pandemic we have to be more vigilant than ever."
H.M. Drottningens tal vid invigningen av Childhood-Haus Ortenau i Offenburg, Tyskland den 1 juli 2021 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
Queen Silvia and Madeleine took today part in a digital steering group meeting in the World Childhood Foundation.

Queen Silvia attended today World Childhood Foundation Executive Committee Meeting.

Queen Silvia participated yesterday in the round table meeting "De osynliga barnen" (The Invisible Children). The purpose of the meeting was to draw attention to and strengthen the work against sexual abuse of boys and to highlight the special vulnerability of LGBTQ young people.
The round table meeting was arranged by the World Childhood Foundation together with Regnbågsfonden (the Rainbow Foundation) and took place at Berns in Stockholm.
Drottningen vid rundabordsmöte kring de Osynliga barnen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Queen Silvia's speech
H.M. Drottningens tal vid rundabordsmöte kring de _Osynliga barnen_, 19 oktober 2021 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Photos at court Facebook by World Childhood Foundation
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

Jonas Gardell, the co-founder of Regnbågsfonden, at his social media
"Queen meeting! Or what do you say? Today, Regnbågsfonden and Childhood conducted a full-day roundtable discussion with children's rights organizations, the LGBTQ movement, authorities, denominations and researchers to draw attention to boys and LGBTQ children who are exposed to sexual abuse. It has taken 2 years to prepare for this conference and I hope it will give rings on the water this year in the future to never make these children invisible again. And Queen Silvia was with us all day! Thanks to everyone who participated!"
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1e068957703016371b2211ed6a522519&oe=6194FCDA
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e907d74db45f5800e3d16073d5759518&oe=61939F6E

Last edited:
Madeleine at her Instagram
Now we have opened the nomination for the Childhood Prize 2021! I am very happy to sit on the jury again this year and look forward to taking part in all the fine nominations.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVSWN7loza8/

Queen Silvia and Madeleine participated yesterday in a digital steering group meeting in the World Childhood Foundation.

Queen Silvia attended today World Childhood Foundation's Executive Committee Meeting.

Queen Silvia attended today a digital meeting of the World Childhood Foundation's International Council.

Queen Silvia attended today World Childhood Foundation's Annual Meeting, it was a digital meeting.

World Childhood Foundation published today press information:
Queen Silvia has asked Madeleine to take a new leadership role, and Madeleine has accepted to be the Deputy Honorary Chair of the whole World Childhood Foundation organization.

H.R.H. Princess Madeleine will be Deputy Honorary Chair and will, along with Honorary Chair H.M. the Queen to lead the World Childhood Foundation.
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine has accepted H.M. The Queen's invitation. This good news was announced during Childhood's annual meeting and means that H.R.H. Princess Madeleine from now on appears side by side with H.M. The Queen in matters concerning Childhood. It is part of the long-term plan for the organization and the vision developed for 2030.
"We are extremely pleased that H.R.H. Princess Madeleine takes on an even bigger role for Childhood. We see it as a natural step in terms of her big commitment to children's issues and experience of various roles within the organization", says Kenneth Bengtsson, chairman of the World Childhood Foundation.
"I feel honored and happy about the trust. There are big shoes to fill but I will do my absolute utmost. The support from the whole Childhood family makes me feel safe in this", says H.R.H. Princess Madeleine.
Prinsessan Madeleine intar ny roll för Childhood - World Childhood Foundation
Court website
Prinsessan Madeleine intar ny roll som vice heders_ordförande för Childhood - Sveriges Kungahus

Queen Silvia turns 78 today.
And at lunchtime on her birthday, the queen took the opportunity to announce that she will hand over the honorary chairmanship of the Childhood Foundation to Madeleine - who will initially be deputy honorary chair.
Margareta Thorgren says:
- The princess has for a long time had a great commitment to the work in and around Childhood, both in Sweden and in the USA, she says.
When Madeleine steps in and assumes the role of the organization's new honorary chair has not yet been decided. The queen will remain for some time to come, at the same time as Madeleine will be deputy honorary chair.
- It will be a successive succession, says Margareta Thorgren.
Silvias beslut_ Madeleine blir ordförande i Childhood

Childhood's website hasn't been updated yet.
Childhood´s Board of Directors - World Childhood Foundation

It will be interesting to see what queen Silvia does with Mentor Foundation and Silviahemmet Foundation. No other family members have been active in these organizations, so will any of them succeed queen Silvia in Mentor and Silviahemmet?

Last edited:
Very interesting! I think most, myself included, had deduced from the events of the last few years that Princess Madeleine was eventually headed for a full withdrawal from public life. But apparently it will not be that simple.

The transitional period in which Princess Madeleine will work side by side with the Queen in preparation for a future succession is a very sensible idea, and demonstrates that the Queen happily does not have insecurities about being outshone by her successor. Has it ever been implemented before with other royal charities?

I realize that the World Childhood Foundation is a worldwide organization, as the name implies, but I wonder if Princess Madeleine being based in the United States will influence the organization in the future.

Last edited:
What a nice Christmas Greeting at the end of the video.

Svensk Damtidning speculates that Madeleine's working life will change when she now is the Deputy Honorary Chair of the World Childhood Foundation and has asked this from the court.
Margareta Thorgren wrote at a SMS to Svensk Damtidning: "Yes, there will surely be some job changes for the princess now with the new position."
Madeleines nya liv i Florida – hovet uttalar sig _*Svensk Dam

Princess Madeleine met the Mayor of Miami in Miami yesterday for the foundation’s Care Coin Programme:

** Pic **

Back
Top Bottom