The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 1 (May 2003-May 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have find an article about trip of royal couple in Bangkok today:

iFred.se » Blog Archive » Kungen & Drottningen

Is it right, that the queen give a lunch in Bangkok for her World Childhood Foundation today? I don't understand swedish!

Yes you are right ursulajohanna!
My swedish isn't very good, too. But i understand that she gave a lunch for 118 guest in Bangkok. It took place in Nai Lert Park. The charity lunch took place fro the partners of the World Childhood Foundation's in Thailand. I'm wondering if we'll see pictures of the lunch.

I am wondering, too if we don't see pictures of this event.

Last time, the queen travel very often top secret for her engagement of World Childhood Foundation, why?

I'm wondering too!
In general we did not see many pictures of the royals at their last official engagements.
But for the next ten day I hope to see many pictures of enthusiastic royals supporting their sportsmen and sportswomen.
The swedish press first speculated that the King and Queen cancel their trip to Beijing because of Princess Lilian, but fortunately they didn't.
I hope that Princess Lilian is well and that she recovers soon. According the swedish press the operation was good and the "oly lady" did well.

The private stop-over in Thailand has been planned since a long time, so them cancelling that and the attendance at the Olympics was never a realistic idea I would say... Just something the evening newspaper grabbed to make the story on Lilian's operation more dramatic. I'm sure the Queen has spoken with Lilian on the telephone and wished her all the best, they are very close IMO, but when she's rested and hopefully gotten better (even though Lilian's rehabilitation will probably take a long time) the King and Queen will be back in Sweden and they can visit her daily if they want. For now the royal children can stay with her and take care of her, plus her nurses and housekeeping staff and her labrador will surely take extra good care of their mistress :flowers:

GrandDuchess, I never heard about the trip to Thailand (Lunch for Childhood). Attend the royal couple more events during the two days in Bangkok?

It's pitty for us to see no pictures! It could a very advertising for her Foundation, or not???

Sorry ursulajohanna but I really don't know any details on the private stop-over in Thailand, I have just simply known for some time that they would be going there first but have not obtained any detailed information since this was a private visit.... I think that the Queen was scheduled to visit a WCF project as well though, but don't know where or when.

GrandDuchess, thanks for your thought/information about the private stop-over in Thailand.

I hope we will see beautiful pics of the royal couple today in Peking!

Queen Silvia Childhood Lunch in Bangkok

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;811253 said:
Yes you are right ursulajohanna!
My swedish isn't very good, too. But i understand that she gave a lunch for 118 guest in Bangkok. It took place in Nai Lert Park. The charity lunch took place fro the partners of the World Childhood Foundation's in Thailand. I'm wondering if we'll see pictures of the lunch.

Here is a link to a picture (not very clear) of the event
Bangkok Post | Outlook | ROYAL AID

Hermine, thanks very much for the link to the little picture from Lunch in Bangkok on 14th August 2008.

It's very pitty for us to see no more pictures of the lunch and reception in the evening in Bangkok for her World Childhood Foundation.

This has become quite quiet! ;-) Is there anybody out there? Acutally, I've been looking for the pictures that are shown in Aret med kungafamiljn 2006 of Madeleine with this baby, it's a Childhood Foundation Visit.

I think it's a place she visited on behalf of Childhood. So it's a baby from there, if I am not mistaken.

Queen Silvia will come to Berlin on October 15th
The Calendar says:
Board meeting of the World Childhood Foundation, Berlin; October 15th

This is just a board meeting behind closed doors though, no public engagement, so no media coverage... probably.
Probably, because the Swedish Royal website is one of the worst, least appealing and least reliable around. Frequent mistakes and omissions, based on a less than competent work of the Court's press and information department.

It's great that the Queen was in Berlin yesterday. But NO Photographer has met or see her?

It's pitty this ignorance of the press about her official events/charity last time!

Queen Silvia will come to Berlin on October 15th
The Calendar says:
Board meeting of the World Childhood Foundation, Berlin; October 15th

Queen Silvia has many charity board meetings throughout the year in different countries - which means nothing else each time but people sitting in a conference room behind closed doors, discussing their work. I can't remember ever seeing pics of them since they are no public events really... So there's actually no reason to complain (this time).

Madeleine appears on "RTL Spendenmarathon 2008" for WCF

So on 20.11 at 18 o´clock and the afternoon Madeleine has a Part of the show called "Spendenmarathon" for helpless peoples from German televison RTL gi don´t know if she coming to this show but safe she was filming from a crew at this video come´s there. For everybody who can´t see it RTL hast got a Live stream on TV-Programm, Wetter, Videos, News und Service, Stars und Serien - bei RTL.de

Here is the photo gallery of madeleines project for helpless children and youth mothers http://www.rtl.de/tv/spendenmarathon_971960.php?media=galerie1&set_id=17878

It seems that Princess Madeleine will not be present in person on the show - which might be a good thing, considering the average quality of shows on this channel.
I've read that there will be a live interview via satellite though, accompanied by footage from Madeleine's South Africa visit shown on the video.
Among the other patrons featured following in the same pattern is Annie Lennox.

Do you think there will be a live-interview tonight?
I wonder about this, because she is on a visit in New York with Queen Silvia.

Short interview between Wolfram Kons (working for RTL) and Princess Madeleine (videotaped by me). And even though they have tried to give the impression, it´s no "live video conference" ;)
YouTube - madsouthafrica.wmv

Yes, indeed, Princess Madeleine has a very firm voice.

Madeleine looks amazing with that blue dress!!!

It's great to see her participating in duties with her mother!

I cencerly hope that the Queen hasn´t done any "improvements" to her face that she has done on previous trips to Brazil this time a year...

she does have a very good voice and speaks english very well also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom