The Swedish Royals and the Global Child Forum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hope her english will improve. Those who criticised Daniel for his accent should take at look at this video. Hope double standadaes will be applied. Anyway, Sofia managed to lead a fine speech, not brilliant but not so bad for a first time.

good for Sofia.
for others it was years before they did a solo international trip
great first steps in her new role

I just watched the video of the full speech. I think Sofia did extremely well for a first speech in her new role. She referred to her notes quite a lot but so do lots of Royals. Sofia's speech flowed well and she engaged with the audience at appropriate moments. She didn't hesitate at the wrong time or make many blunders, and when she did she recovered quickly.

I think her English is fine, and I quite like her accent.

She needs to fine-tune a few things, like her hair, but other than that I think she is settling into the job of Princess of Sweden very smoothly.

The speech was very good IMO. Very confident in her presentation. I actually liked her accent and her few little blunders.

it was nice to hear sofia speaking in english. her accent in english is somewhat strange, although i am sure it will improve over time.

I criticized the SRF and Prince Carl-Philip a lot for the decision to permit Sofia Hellqvist into the family, but I also promised I would give her credit where due. So, here I am;)!

I think she did amazingly well with her speech. She was obviously a little nervous and has an accent that takes some getting used to(when speaking English)but she was also poised, gracious and sincere.

Very impressed so far!

Especially for Prince CP's sake, I am glad that things have been going well for Sofia. He and the SRF may well have felt that Sofia could carry out the duties required of her but until she was actually seen in action no one could be really certain. I'm sure there will be slip ups on occasions but she is out there getting on with her new role and that is what really counts.

Sofia did an amazing job, and I was proud to see her taking on a big responsibility like that.

For a person who claimed a day before that she isn't nervous at all, wow, how nervous she was. She should have learned her speech better, perhaps then she wouldn't have stumbled in names and majesties. And the constant touching of her hair didn't look good. And like her CV has been whitewashed, she exaggarated at her speech "I have spent over five years in this beautiful country working with children", giving the impression that she has lived in South Africa for over five years.

:previous:Maybe she meant five cumulative years? Surely she understands that it can be verified that she did not spend five consecutive years living in Africa.

Anyway the hair touching was a sign of nerves. I was more impressed by the way she kept such great eye contact with the audience.

Her English is very very very good. You can tell she lived in an English speaking country for a few years. Well done Sofia!

I'm Swedish, and my English is usually quite good. But if I would try to make a public speech in front of all these people, and with media watching me, I assue you that my Swedish accent would be more distinct than usual, and that I would stumble on a few words here and there. All in all, she did fine. There are things to improve, yes. But just the fact that she's sent on an important solo trip so soon after the marriage tells us something.

For a person who claimed a day before that she isn't nervous at all, wow, how nervous she was. She should have learned her speech better, perhaps then she wouldn't have stumbled in names and majesties. And the constant touching of her hair didn't look good. And like her CV has been whitewashed, she exaggarated at her speech "I have spent over five years in this beautiful country working with children", giving the impression that she has lived in South Africa for over five years.

Agree 100%
I thought her English was fine though. She did live in NY but that doesnt make her native speaker level.

The fifth Global Child Forum will be held on 26 November 2015 at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Forum, with more than 30 prominent speakers and under the patronage and active participation of Their Majesties the King and Queen of Sweden, will showcase practical examples and create action-oriented tools for cross sectorial partnerships.
The Global Child Forum 26 november 2015 _ Global Child Forum

Princess Sofia attends today at the Global Child Forum Board meeting according to the calendar.

On 25th November the king, the queen, crown princess Victoria, princess Madeleine and princess Sofia attend at a dinner in connection with the Global Child Forum and and on 26th November at the Global Child Forum.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

I wonder if there will be pics... last time she participated in a board meeting there were none.

Is Sofia a board member or representing the SRF?

According to the website of the Global Child Forum, the members of the Board are:
Chairman: Mr Ulf Karlberg, Global Child Forum
Mr Rolf Abdon, CEO, Abdon Mills
Ms Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, First Lady of the Court, The Royal Court
Ms Anna de Geer, Former Secretary General of the World Childhood Foundation (the website hasn't been updated, WCF has a new Secretary General)
Ms Karolin A Johansson, Marshal of the Court, The Royal Court
Auditor: Ms Evy Jacobsson, Authorised Public Accountant, PWC

The king is the Honorary Chairman of the Forum.
Governance _ Global Child Forum

If Sofia will be a member of the board, I guess the website will be updated soon.

Last edited:
Royal Court Security stopped this morning Victoria to be with at the Palace. The Crown Princess and the king should not stay in the same room because of the security situation in Sweden:
- That's right, confirms Margaret Thorgren.
Outside the Royal Palace was uniformed police positioned at several places with automatic weapons - something that has not even been the case in neither the royal weddings or baptisms.
This morning the court's security took the decision that Crown Princess Victoria can not attend the conference. They dare not let the king and the country's future head of state, Crown Princess Victoria, stay in the same premises.
- It is with the elevated security situation in Sweden to do, Thorgren said.
When parts of the royal family came into the Hall of State this morning at 9:00 Crown Princess Victoria was not even on the Royal Palace.
- No, the Crown Princess is not here. We will not go into where the crown princess is, says Thorgren.
The king was the opening speech and mentioned naturally nothing of what had taken place shortly before when the security department took the decision to remove Victoria from the program.
- Wish you all a good and inspiring day, the King declared.
Victoria stoppas från Global Child Forum _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

The Crown Princess has had to cancel her participation. The reason is that the security has been increased due to the prevailing situation in Sweden.
- The Security Organization has made the judgment, Margareta Thorgren said.
The king and the crown princess should not, under the circumstances, therefore, be at the same room. The crown princess is feeling good.
- This is about security, nothing else, says Margareta Thorgren.
Victoria ställer in på grund av säkerhetsskäl _ Svensk Damtidning

Photos
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...590_951729458251197_4964313712723556100_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=536a002a561b563d7a02ec9e40b0e32f&oe=56DCAD2C
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUuZB6sUsAAFjNu.jpg:large
APA-Picturedesk

Sofia visade upp sin bebismage _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Margareta Thorgren says to Aftonbladet:
- Due to the threat that has been in Sweden for the last weeks, it is a judgment that the court's safety has made.
Is there a threat to the rest of the royal family?
- I do not want to answer to that.
Although she did not go to the conference now, is there continued heightened security around Victoria?
- That I will not comment.
Thorgren would not say if there are specific threats that have come in or whether the assessment is based solely on the elevated threat level in Sweden.
Victoria stoppas från Global Child Forum _ Krim _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Armed police in Sweden is always a sign of a very serious situation.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

And why the king has hired Margareta Thorgren? She is a total mess.

The court's safety allegedly stopped Crown Princess Victoria from participating in the Global Child Forum at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on Thursday. According to reports in several media, it had to do about security - something denied by the court.
- It is not true, the crown princess has other commitments, says Margareta Thorgren to SVT News.
According to Expressen the general threat was considered to be too high, and the court does not want the king and the crown princess staying in the same room at the same time.
- Because of the security situation in Sweden, it is a judgment that the court's security organization is doing, Margareta Thorgren said.
Even to Aftonbladet Thorgren said that the threat is behind the decision.
But when SVT News talks to the court's press officer, she takes back the data.
- The Crown Princess has other commitments. We have an active royal family and several other members of royal family to participate. This was planned earlier, says Thorgren to SVT News.
Victoria påstods stoppas från möte – förnekas av hovet - Nyheter _ SVT.se

Last edited:
According to Margareta Thorgren Expressen got wrong information from the court, which led to that the magazine went out with that the threat situation in the country meant that Victoria canceled her participation at the conference.
The reason would have been that the king and the heir to the throne should not be staying in the same place.
According to the court, this is wrong.
- That Victoria isn't attending is because she has other commitments, not because of the security, says Margareta Thorgren.
Hovet_ inte på grund av hotbild som Victoria inte deltar - DN.SE

Maybe there is a real threat, and Thorgren doesn't know what to do.

Expressen has now updated their original article:
The Crown Princess has other commitments now and the rest, I have no comment, Thorgren says.
How will it be with other program events when the Crown Princess will attend?
- As always at all events the royal family does we always have a safety mindset. It has been so in the past and so even now.
- The reason that the crown princess is not with is that she has other commitments today and the rest about the safety and the assessments made, it's nothing we commented in the media.
But the decision was made because of the security situation?
- When it comes to security, there is nothing we comment but when it comes to that the crown princess is not with, it is because she has other commitments.
When you spoke with us earlier, it was about the increased security?
- Of course the increased security means that we have a security organization that is fully committed to different things but it's nothing that we comment in the media.
- It was planned that way, but there are several in the royal family who's in this seminar and the royal family has very many commitments and in this case made it a reprioritisation of the princess' part.

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Även Madeleine på plats i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
It was on the official agenda that Victoria will participate in the dinner and now has other commitments. This Margareta Thorgren made them a bit mess i think.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - That the SRF has a notoriously bad PR department can't be only their fault. We've seen over and over again ever since Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg left the job how there's misinformation and chaos. It has to have something to do with the Royal family itself - Chris & Madeleine seems to be the tip of the iceberg but there's apparently a lot more going on behind the Palace gates to cause this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I read the words from Margareta Thorgren, but I don't understand them...:confused:

Is she saying there are security issues, but Victoria suddenly has other engagements that have popped up and is therefore unable to attend, but it sure has nothing to do with security?

I need an aspirin! :argh:

I never thought I would see the day, but I did. What an incredible mess this is.

Is Margareta Thorgren trying to blame someone else from the court? She is the head of that department so I thought that everything that is communicated goes through her.
I'm also not sure I buy this security thing, although I don't say that it can't be possible. I just think this is weird overall.

Back
Top Bottom