The Swedish Royal Family and the Military

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Helicopter

:-(lol)

Perhaps learning to fly a helicopter will be good.

Especially when we have only 1.5 years left to offer the opium industry better ways to make a living. i would fly with her.

i'll fire the missiles Victoria flys the helicopter. That way any blood is on my hands if anyone gets killed or hurt. Naturally her parents and Sweden must approve.

It would be a great thing to do to offer a new more friendly global industry in that region as agreed. Some reports claim Opium kills 100,000 people every year that's 800,000 people in eight years. One of those people could be the next peace keeper or find the cure for cancer.

Peace,

E-T

The Queen of Denmark and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark both have had military training.

Even The Queen of the United Kingdom had some sort of military training.

I didn't know that The Crown Princess of Denmark had a military training. Where can I find out more about that?

Peace

Even The Queen of the United Kingdom had some sort of military training.

Old worlds have learned much from war and perhaps has become obsolete to be in the military if not a choice.

Labouring is a good education too as it does teach one the value of hard work for the betterment of a peaceful world. We need all kinds of people to assure happiness as agreed.

Peace,

E-T

Is the leg OK?

/18/03, SODERTALJE, SWEDEN --- Crownprincess Viktoria on a three-week basic military training at Swedint (Swedish Armed Forces for International Activities). The media was shown a "first-aid" training session outside Camp Almn s, about 40 kilometers away from Stockholm.

pictures from www.corbis.com

:-(lol)

Nice of her to repair the leg. How did the leg get injured?

See that's what good about Swedes they'll break your leg then fix it.

Victoria will be a great soldier or what ever she chooses.

Peace,

She did a exercise as a ordely in the military in 2003. It was the same date as George Bush issued his declaration to go to war in Iraq if Saddam didnt give up. Its in the link sent by the former poster.

For you who cant speak swedish(i guess most of you) the leader of the exercise also explained that they had to run 1 km in full military gears in 7 minutes. The crownprincess did it in 4.

Off course, she had been coached by Daniel for 2-3 years by then.

Good for Prince Carl Philip! Though I hope that should they decide to send him abroad, they'll be careful about it so what happened with Prince Harry won't repeat itself.

does the artilcle say anything about where he is going to serve? wonder how his gf feels about this?

If almost sounds like he's being sent away.

Why cant he mind his own business, stay out of the affairs of other countries and just carry on cutting ribbons and looking pretty.:bang:

He's fighting for his country, What is exactly wrong with that?
And how on earth does it come under "not minding his own business", he joined the forces and now he is fighting with his comrades.

He's fighting for his country, What is exactly wrong with that?
And how on earth does it come under "not minding his own business", he joined the forces and now he is fighting with his comrades.

"Fighting for his country ?"....I didnt realise Sweden was at war with anyone.

Perhaps someone is trying to cool off their relationship by separating them. This has all happened rather quickly which is rather suspect. This is what it looks like or sounds like IMO. Interesting to see where the relationship will go from here.

if she really wanted to..she could wait for him imo..maybe this is a test of somesort

Well, he didn't have to accept service abroad, this was his own choice. I doubt his parents would go so far as to pressure him to put his life in danger as some sort of 'test'. Maybe it's a test they decided to give themselves, if it's a test at all.

Perhaps someone is trying to cool off their relationship by separating them. This has all happened rather quickly which is rather suspect. This is what it looks like or sounds like IMO. Interesting to see where the relationship will go from here.

Hmm, didnt they already try this plan a while back with another member of the family? Did it work? Nope, her boyfriend got a box with 30 letters instead;)

I hope Carl Philip is not going to Afghanistan.:eek: Even if this is true and someone wants to separate him and Sofia, this is going too far.:p
I have some idea about CP dating Sofia.:idea: What if he does not treat this relationship seriously. What if from the day one he met Sofia he thought about her as a fun date only and that he never going to marry her. Probably Sofia knows it and rather is not expecting more than just fun. Knowing Sofia's past I assume she should not expect a lot from dating a royal.:whistling:
Carl Philip's prior girlfriend, Emma, was a very appropriate royal girlfriend, and after very long relationship CP may just look for amusement.
Some men today still divide women in old fashioned way on those who are for fun only and those who are for marriage only. Maybe CP is one of those men.:unsure:

I remember reading a while back that he was considering going into the military. I don't believe that his parents pressured him or told him that this is what he's going to do. Perhaps someone suggested this to him (going into the military)since he's getting so much criticism about not doing much of anything.

He's not going to be put directly in harm's way. No one would do that to him deliberatedly. It seems odd to me that the press would be telling everyone where he's going to be sent. They shouldn't be telling us this. We don't really need to know this. That's puts him at great risk.

Again, how is he fighting for his country ??????????? Sweden is not at war.

No, you're right, Sweden is not at war (and it is 200 years since the last time - 1809 against Russia), but Sweden has "peace keepers"(= armed troops) in Afghanistan .... so in that sense, Sweden is in fact at war ... and I guess the Swedish soldiers can't tell they are "fighting for their country" :) but they can tell they are fighting for peace.... (and thats wierd if you ask me...)

Again, how is he fighting for his country ??????????? Sweden is not at war.

Currently, Sweden has deployed military forces in Afghanistan with the International Security Assistance Force and in Kosovo as a part of the multi-national Kosovo Force as well as a naval force about to be deployed to the gulf of Aden as a part of recently established EU anti-piracy mission named Operation Atalanta .

So Sweden is participating in quite a few "fire fights" if you'd prefer to call it that, so IMO he would be fighting for his country and in the name of peace if he was sent to any of these places.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Carl Philip is not going to Afghanistan.:eek:

Carl Philip did his military service in the Swedish navy. He is currently in the naval reserve, so if he goes on active duty it will be in the navy. (He's never trained in the army or air force) Since Afghanistan is a landlocked country I think the chances of Carl Philip seeing active duty there are very remote!

Several posts have been deleted as they had nothing to do with the topic of this thread - the Swedish Royals and the Military. The purpose of US and British soldiers in Afghanistan has nothing to do with this. Any further posts on this will be deleted at moderator discretion.

Back
Top Bottom