The Nobel Prize 2013 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who watched the actual banquet? Anyone know what the announcers where saying about Estelle around the 1 hour mark?

Over 30 hours in an airplane to get home to Daddy King's traditional Nobel banquet at the castle. - Yes, all time schedules worked a everything could be solved for the Crown Princess.

I looked at duration of flights between Stockholm & Johannesburg and found that they range between 17 and 22 hours, I did not see any which takes 30 hours. I know that they were travelling on a private Falcon flight, should make it better, no?

I looked at duration of flights between Stockholm & Johannesburg and found that they range between 17 and 22 hours, I did not see any which takes 30 hours. I know that they were travelling on a private Falcon flight, should make it better, no?

The press has been writing about 15 hours with the government plane Gulfstream. When I looked flights from the net from Stockholm to Johannesburg,, they were 15-22 hours.

Gorgeous photos from PurePeople, you can get them into whole screen size
Princesse Victoria Retour brillant pour les Nobel 2013 après l'hommage à Madiba

Victoria gravid igjen Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland

https://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/victoria-35933982_mbhf-33830596/2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

Skirt släp på slottet Ebbas Blogg SVT.se

2013 Nobel Laureates arrive at the Nobel Banquet Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nobel Prize 2014

The 2014 Nobel Prize

This year's laureates are:
Physics - Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura
Chemistry - Eric Betzig, Stefan W. Hell and William E. Moerner
Physiology or Medicine - John O'Keefe, May-Britt Moser and Edvard I. Moser
Literature - Patrick Modiano
Economic Sciences - Jean Tirole

33c96ih.jpg

The Nobel Prize ceremony takes place on December 10, at the Stockholm Concert Hall. The Royal Family will be in attendance, King Carl XVI Gustaf will present the prizes.

King Carl XVI Gustaf hosts a banquet on December 11, at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.​

Last edited:
This year with two Norwegian prize winners it would be a nice gesture to see someone from the Norwegian Royal Family in Stockholm. But of course that is highly unlikely, the Royal family attend the events in Oslo for the Peace prize winners. Though my thought is that King Harald and Queen Sonja could head to Stockholm on December 11th to attend the Kings Dinner at the Royal Palace. Neither the King or Queen usually attend the Peace Prize Convert on that day anyway.

This year with two Norwegian prize winners it would be a nice gesture to see someone from the Norwegian Royal Family in Stockholm. But of course that is highly unlikely, the Royal family attend the events in Oslo for the Peace prize winners. Though my thought is that King Harald and Queen Sonja could head to Stockholm on December 11th to attend the Kings Dinner at the Royal Palace. Neither the King or Queen usually attend the Peace Prize Convert on that day anyway.

Or perhaps Princess Martha Louise could attend now that she's moved back to Norway, plus I don't think she's attended the Nobel festivities in Oslo in the past few years

Exactly! King Harald and Queen Sonja aren't the only members of the Norwegian royal family, who could attend to the Nobel festivities. Then again, I think you have to be invited to them in advance, and I don't know if anyone from the Norwegian RF is invited.

Or perhaps Princess Martha Louise could attend now that she's moved back to Norway, plus I don't think she's attended the Nobel festivities in Oslo in the past few years

That would be a good idea. I didn't even think about Princess Märtha Louise. Then could she and her husband attend both days.

Yes they have to be invited. I guess they would attend the event as the guests of the King, so it would not ne any trouble.

Margareta Thorgren, the director of the information and press department, has confirmed to Expressen, that the whole royal family is planning to attend at the Nobel Prize ceremony. She said also that whole Madeleine's family will come to Sweden, so that means that Chris attends at the festivities too. Even Sofia Hellqvist is expected for the first time to be invited because she and Carl Philip are now engaged.
Madeleines besked Hela familjen på Nobel Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Margareta Thorgren, the director of the information and press department, has confirmed to Expressen, that the whole royal family is planning to attend at the Nobel Prize ceremony. She said also that whole Madeleine's family will come to Sweden, so that means that Chris attends at the festivities too. Even Sofia Hellqvist is expected for the first time to be invited because she and Carl Philip are now engaged.
Madeleines besked Hela familjen på Nobel Nyheter Expressen
Translation

It is very good news. Both that there will be more glitter for us, but also an opportunity for us to see the whole family gathered. Personally, I don't see it as a surprise that Sofia will attend, it's much harder to know what Princess Madeleine and Chris decides to do.

It is very good news. Both that there will be more glitter for us, but also an opportunity for us to see the whole family gathered. Personally, I don't see it as a surprise that Sofia will attend, it's much harder to know what Princess Madeleine and Chris decides to do.

"expected for the first time to be invited", as LadyFinn's Google Translation (perhaps too literally) says. I'm not sure how to interpret that. Are we sure that Sofia is set to attend or do we have to wait and see if she does?

"expected for the first time to be invited", as LadyFinn's Google Translation (perhaps too literally) says. I'm not sure how to interpret that. Are we sure that Sofia is set to attend or do we have to wait and see if she does?

Yes, I put it here as a Google translation, but Expressen writes literally so. It is the Nobel Foundation which invites the people, but of course they discuss with the court about if Sofia should be invited. Like we know, Daniel and Jonas were invited in 2009, but Daniel couldn't attend because his doctors adviced him not to attend.

I don't know either to be honest, and I don't when I read it in Swedish either. I guess that nothing is sure until the Family eneters the stage on December 10th, but as Press Director says, and that I think is the important thing in the article, is that the whole Family are planning to attend. Let's hope so!

It is the Nobel Foundation which invites the people, but of course they discuss with the court about if Sofia should be invited. Like we know, Daniel and Jonas were invited in 2009, but Daniel couldn't attend because his doctors adviced him not to attend.

Jonas attended but if I recall correctly, he did not sit with the family. So we'll see if Sofia is invited and if so, where she is seated.

Considering the double standards that Jonas and especially Daniel had to endure, I wouldnt be surprised if Sofia is invited AND is seated with both Daniel & Chris :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Jonas attended but if I recall correctly, he did not sit with the family. So we'll see if Sofia is invited and if so, where she is seated.

Considering the double standards that Jonas and especially Daniel had to endure, I wouldnt be surprised if Sofia is invited AND is seated with both Daniel & Chris :whistling::whistling::whistling:

As Jonas and I think Daniel attended the Nobel Prize when they were engaged to Madeleine and Victoria respectively, did Chris attend the Nobel Prize whilst he was engaged to Madeleine? Even though it wasn't that long ago, I seem to have forgotten most of the appearances from Madeleine and Chris during their engagement and before their wedding.

As Jonas and I think Daniel attended the Nobel Prize when they were engaged to Madeleine and Victoria respectively, did Chris attend the Nobel Prize whilst he was engaged to Madeleine? Even though it wasn't that long ago, I seem to have forgotten most of the appearances from Madeleine and Chris during their engagement and before their wedding.
Chris didn't attend the Nobel Awards when he was engaged. Iirc, he was in NY because of his work.

Sorry, correct, Chris has never attended the nobels, neither engaged nor married. it will be the first time in 2014.
Jonas attended when engaged, but he did not sit with the family (in the same position as Sofia this year).
If Sofia is allowed to sit with the family I am wondering if she is also allowed to wear a tiara.

Congratulations to Japanese physicists !:flowers:

The Nobel events have been added to the calendar of the royal family.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

As expected Sofia isn't included in the calendar because she is not part of the official Royal Family yet.

For the seating arrangement I think Sofia will be seated in the audience near Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson. It's harder to know with Chris if he will be on stage with the Family or in the audience. I think maybe the latter, because he doesn't hold a title and does not undertake official duties otherwise. But I can't make up my mind really

Is anyone else having problems getting to the official royal site? I tried last night, and again this morning and there is no response.

They could break with protocol and let Chris sit on stage as he is married to Madeleine. However, I think that Chris, gentleman as he is, will sit with Sofia in the audience. This would give a better impression. If Jonas sat in the audience Sofia will as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

They could break with protocol and let Chris sit on stage as he is married to Madeleine. However, I think that Chris, gentleman as he is, will sit with Sofia in the audience. This would give a better impression. If Jonas sat in the audience Sofia will as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Or both Madeleine and Chris could seat in the first row together with Princess Christina. And perhaps from next year also Carl Philip and Sofia. So that only the monarch and the Heir will be seated on stagfe in tzhe future.

Did Chris attend the Nobel in 2012? Last year Madeleine was pregnant and they decided to stay in the USA but I don't remember if he attended when they were engaged...

Did Chris attend the Nobel in 2012? Last year Madeleine was pregnant and they decided to stay in the USA but I don't remember if he attended when they were engaged...

No, Chris didn't attend in 2012. The reason was that he had to work. Madeleine attended alone.

The Nobel events have been added to the calendar of the royal family.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The King and Queen will attend the Nobel Prize Concert in the Stockholm Concert Hall in December 8th. The first time in a few years someone from the Royal Family attend. What I remember Princess Christina has attended the event for some years.

Back
Top Bottom