The Nobel Prize 2013 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are these tiaras their personal property?
I suppose so. At least I have never heard that there are tiaras set aside for the use of the ladies-in-waiting. That would be quite strange, imho.

Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister eg. is a countess and comes from an old Swedish aristocratic family. Kristine von Blixen-Finicke is also an aristocrat. We must keep in mind that tiaras were quite the fashion once. All rich ladies had them, not just Royals. And many families passed them down till today.

Cut steel tiara and the dress from her friends wedding for Victoria, and the cameos. She looks fabulous and Daniel looks to be over the moon to have Victoria on his side again. Connaught Tiara for queen Silvia.
APA-Picturedesk

Last edited:
Victoria looks amazing! Great dress, great jewels. On one photo, from the side, it just looks if she's pregnant...
Daniel looks so happy to have his wife back next to him!

Cut steel tiara and the dress from her friends wedding for Victoria, and the cameos. She looks fabulous and Daniel looks to be over the moon to have Victoria on his side again. Connaught Tiara for queen Silvia.
APA-Picturedesk

I can only say one thing : VICTORIA :) ;) That's how a real Princess should look. The jewels from the cameo parure works excellent with the cut steel tiara and that gown.

Our belgian Nobel Francois Englebert (physics) was sitting on the right side of HM the Queen for the Gala Dinner. Great.

Yes however I have the feeling that Mrs Englert had not measured adequately the importance of the event regarding her clothing. To me is was dressed in a very common way, more suitable for a gathering with friends rather than a Nobel prize dinner. I felt ashamed for her. We have nice clothes shops and even well known fashion designer in Belgium ... a missed opportunity

Last edited:
I can only say one thing : VICTORIA :) ;) That's how a real Princess should look. The jewels from the cameo parure works excellent with the cut steel tiara and that gown.

She looks marvelous, they look so happy to be together, ... and she looks pregnant in my view. I have had the impression, for some time. Let's see what official news say... (Believe me, I am against pregnancy hysteria).

Victoria looks amazing! Great dress, great jewels. On one photo, from the side, it just looks if she's pregnant...
Daniel looks so happy to have his wife back next to him!

I don't think I've ever seen him smile so broadly!

My, she looks glowing! I agree with Emma NL that she looks... well, we're not to speculate;)

Also, I agree with Hans-Rickard that the cameos go amazingly well with the cut steel tiara. Maybe that's because they come from the same epoch? Both are Nnapelonic pieces.

And I have to disagree with Anne2 about the apropriateness of the dress. I find it rather glamourous. And we must not Forget the the King's dinner is always a less glamorous

She could be pregnant but it can also be the dress that makes her look pregnant. Time will tell.

Btw what necklase is The Queen wearing ?

My, she Looks glowing! I agree with Emma NL that she looks... well, we're not to speculate;)

Also, I agree with Hans-Rickard that the cameos go amazingly well with the cut steel tiara. Maybe that's because they come from the same epoch? Both are napoleonic pieces.

Sorry to disagree with Anne2 about the appropriateness of the dress. I find it rather glamourous. And we must not forget the the King's dinner is always a less glamorous affair than the actual awards ceremony. There have been years, when Victoria and Madeleine wore very tuned down outfits with only brooches or necklaces in their hair. But today Victoria even treats us with the cameo necklace for the first time (or has she worn it before?).

Crown Princess looks as radiant as ever!

Photos from IBL, you get them even more bigger by clicking them and then clicking from the left "Presentation (800px) - 800"
IBL Bildbyrå

Countess Bettina Bernadotte with Philipp Haug
https://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fo...6A71AE4EFAF7CB1A08FF530B7E5F69824EC85E&sz=800
The Head of Victoria's household, Marshal of the Court Karolin A. Johansson with Andreas Hamrin.
https://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fo...AF196910E43408B7EEF245091D4F88F86445C7&sz=800
The queen's lady in waiting Eva Hafström
https://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fo...AF196910E43408B7EEF245091D4F88F86445C7&sz=800

https://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030011B138679783172647
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030021B138679783172647
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030031B138679783172647
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030041B138679783172647
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030051B138679783172647

Här fortsätter firandet på Slottet i Stockholm Nyheter Expressen
Though he king in all the glory was the evening's host, but at this dinner was a another royal glistening little extra special: Crown Princess Victoria.
Just hours before, she had landed with the Government plane and hurried home to Haga Palace. For nearly two days had Victoria been traveling to represent the Swedish royal family at the memorial ceremony in South Africa for the deceased Nelson Mandela. Over 30 hours in an airplane to get home to Daddy King's traditional Nobel banquet at the castle.
- Yes, all time schedules worked and everything could be solved for the Crown Princess. We were unable to make the trip and attend the dinner, said Annika Sönnerberg, deputy CIO at court.

Kungen höll Nobelmiddag Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of this dress at all, but it's lovely to see Vickan & Daniel looking so happy!

I was also just informed that one of Madeleine's friends wore the same to dress to her wedding this summer!

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised that the Steel Cut Tiara goes so well w/the cameo necklace. Who would have thought?!

And, BTW, she does have that "certain" glow ;)

My, she Looks glowing! I agree with Emma NL that she looks... well, we're not to speculate;)

Also, I agree with Hans-Rickard that the cameos go amazingly well with the cut steel tiara. Maybe that's because they come from the same epoch? Both are napoleonic pieces.

Sorry to disagree with Anne2 about the appropriateness of the dress. I find it rather glamourous. And we must not forget the the King's dinner is always a less glamorous affair than the actual awards ceremony. There have been years, when Victoria and Madeleine wore very tuned down outfits with only brooches or necklaces in their hair. But today Victoria even treats us with the cameo necklace for the first time (or has she worn it before?).
Yes, yes and yes!
She looks great and Daniel is beaming which is just beautiful.

Wow Victoria looks amazing! She definitely has a certain glow and I love the cut-steel on her. And the cameos are to die for. Stunning, simply stunning.

The Nobel Prize 2013

I was also just informed that one of Madeleine's friends wore the same to dress to her wedding this summer!

Yes- Karini Gustafson-Teixeira, she happened to be pregnant with twins when she wore it... I think she may have been 5 months or so...

Victoria loves the cut steel and wears it beautifully....after seeing the pics I had to rush here and see if I'd missed any important announcement...

Yes she looks definitely pregnant, but a year or so ago I thought the same. However, this time, looks like it's really it. She must not be having sickness with her pregnancy as she's getting around so well.

Back to dresses and my earlier post, may I underline that I was commenting on the dress of Mrs Englert, and NOT the one of Victoria, which I like very much as well!

did someone see the dress of Princess Christina at the King's dinner yesterday (December 11th)?

ROP81:That lady seriously need to sign up for Queen Silvias tiarahair workshop,

Yes it looks like it's going to fall off her head. It is a pretty tiara but a bad hair dresser who let her go out like this.

What caught my attention was the lady in the yellow gown behind her........that is one bad decision making in what she is wearing, the style is for a younger woman, for her age this was not very becoming as it showed her bony shoulders and neck. No need to cover up yet something with a more lady like neckline and a great necklace would have been so much better. Why is it that some women dress like they are in their 20's when they are older is beyond me.

Anne2:
I am also against pregnancy rumors of any kind, yet I saw the pictures and it looks that way from the side view. If so, then that would be great as she needs time for raising children while doing her duties. Daniel looks so happy and thrilled to have her back beside him, he just can't stop smiling or looking at her. I'll also wait and see what the court says...........hoping it's true though!

Yes she looks definitely pregnant, but a year or so ago I thought the same. However, this time, looks like it's really it. She must not be having sickness with her pregnancy as she's getting around so well.

She said in South-Africa: 'We will talk about that later.' when the press asked how she was feeling. Could that be an indication that they know something we don't know? Or their enhusiastic smiles: do they know something we don't know?
She definitly looks pregnant now.

She said in South-Africa: 'We will talk about that later.' when the press asked how she was feeling. Could that be an indication that they know something we don't know? Or their enhusiastic smiles: do they know something we don't know?
She definitly looks pregnant now.

It was prime minister Reinfeldt who said: We will talk about that later, the newspaper corrected it to their article after they had published it. Victoria were this dress already in September.

Victoria hann fram till Kungens middag för Nobelpristagarna Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Guld, silver och stål på slottet igår Hovbloggen
Translation

Victoria de Suecia, radiante, se incorpora a la celebración de los Nobel Revista Semana
Translation

Photos
Bildextra – se alla klänningarna på kungamiddagen Svensk Damtidning

Victoria von Schweden Strahlender Aufritt beim Nobelpreis-Dinner BUNTE.de
Translation

Finnish MTV: "Victoria sparkled like a queen at the dinner"
Victoria sädehti Nobel-illallisella upeana kuin kuningatar - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV.fi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom