The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thought Madde looked quite different when she wore that dress before if it is the same dress. Her hair in an upswept manner. Quite nice.

Very elegant for Madeleine.

Now they just showed Silvia's dress there. It looks redder than in that photo. Very nice. And that necklace looks quite lovely as well.

Maybe it was the lighting but the makeup looked a little odd on Victoria. I hope it was the lighting. I don't want it to be the truth. It probably isn't. I shouldn't worry. She's always lovely. I liked the dress though. I'll hold back then on my final judgement until the photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Victoria looked especially nice and I liked her jewellery. I hoped though that she would've had a new tiara to go with the dress with blue stones perhaps...

One thing that bothered me was that their dresses didn't go together very well. I was looking forward to new dresses with bright colors but the outcome was pretty dull...

Two little pictures

Attachments

• nobel1.jpg
    nobel1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 359
" I think Victoria looked especially nice and I liked her jewellery.:

I bet you are right. She looked great to me. The dresses didn't go well with each other. That is right. Relatively boring. And not a new one for Madde. Certainly a vibrant color on Silvia! She is so classy.

it was smil? I never heard of that. Worked well with my RP though.

IMO Victoria wore the loveliest dress. And the only new one. I think I said already enough bad about the dress of Madeleine in the jordanian-state-visit-thread. I just don´t like it. And Silvia´s pink is too flashy.

So it really was pink then? I saw it on the video and it looked more redder. But it was practically fuschia? Victoria did have a nice dress. Showed off her arms and her shoulders. She has very nice shoulders. I wasn't a big fan of Madde's dress but I liked the way she looked. More mature. She will get more beautiful as the years go by if this is any indication. Like her mother.

I don't think it's hard to change a dress into a top and a skirt. The skirt Victoria is wearing today looks EXACTLY the same as the one she wore at the Jordanian state visit. Or maybe it just looked like a whole dress at the jordanian state visit.

But I'm pretty sure it's the same skirt. In this picture you can see a seem on her stomach, so I think it has always been a two-piece.

Attachments

• V_bl__kl_nning.jpg
    V_bl__kl_nning.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 352
Cissan you are right, you can see the curve...my apologies...I still don't believe the skirt is the same however.

bigger one...I had to cut it, because otherwise it was too big...First part:

I still disbelieve, that it´s the same skirt!

2nd part

3rd part ...little Madeleine looks so bored.

Attachments

• nobel6.jpg
    nobel6.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 353
  • nobel7.jpg
    nobel7.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 319
  • nobel8.jpg
    nobel8.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 347
i dont' get why madeleine doesn't have a new dress... she just wore that. it's boring. like last year she had a brand new dress... but i thought maybe they don't want as much headlines as last year ..because of the dress being "too revealing"

I'm still not sure it is the same dress... There are more layers in the dress we saw today! Also, the fabric on the dress she wore during the Jordanian visit seems a bit more shiny.
Could be that parts of the old dress were used but still the new dress seems to have more fabric in it... :unsure:

I agree with Catharina...the only thing which seems to be the same is, that both dresses have frills...but even the frills look different

from expressen.se

Attachments

• nobel10.jpeg
    nobel10.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 367
I am joining this debate a bit late, but I have to agree with Lena and Catharina and those who don't think the dress from today's ceremony and the Jordanian state visit are the same. Even if the argument is that the dress has been altered from the Jordanian state visit, I would have a hard time believing it, as clearly (to me) the fabrics are different and the shade of blue are different from one another.

I am not sure if this is a new dress, but I definitely think this is a very different dress from the one Victoria wore for the Jordanian state visit.

I tend to think it's a different dress as well. It's a different shade of blue (quite lovely on the Crown Princess btw) and not as light catching as the Jordanian state visit dress.

how boring that none of the royal ladies wore a new dress... I think its great that they use their dresses more than once, but at Nobel??!

Carl Philip looks cute :p

Yennie said:
how boring that none of the royal ladies wore a new dress... I think its great that they use their dresses more than once, but at Nobel??!

Carl Philip looks cute  :p
So do you think too, that Victoria´s skirt was "recycled"?

From AP and Dagens nyheter
7# What are Madeleine and Victoria thinking? "Can´t pass it by...please god, relieve me of this boredom!"

Attachments

• nobel1.jpeg
    nobel1.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 358
  • nobel2.jpeg
    nobel2.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 289
  • nobel3.jpeg
    nobel3.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 244
  • nobel4.jpeg
    nobel4.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 313
  • nobel5.jpeg
    nobel5.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 309
  • nobel6.jpeg
    nobel6.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 371
  • nobel7.jpeg
    nobel7.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 270
  • nobel8.jpeg
    nobel8.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 336
I am home again

I would like to her how many crowns the dresses get

1 is bad :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: 5 is great

Ok...
Queen Silvia: :king: :king: I´m not fond of the colour.
Crown princess Victoria: :king: :king: :king: :king:
Princess Madeleine: :king: It looks like a curtain with laces
Princess Lilian: :king: :king: :king:

I can´t judge princess Christina at the moment...I need a better pic of her.

Originally posted by Josefine@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:53 pm
I would like to her how many crowns the dresses get

1 is bad :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: 5 is great
Queen Silvia - :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: - Great colour and cut to the dress

Crown Princess Victoria - :king: :king: :king: - The colour was very nice, but I am not crazy about that outside layer to the skirt. What was that about?

Princess Madeline - :king: - Too matronly and unstylish and unshapely for someone as young and beautiful and nicely-figured as Madeline.

Princess Lillian - :king: :king: :king: :king: - A nice dress all around for the Princess. The only thing that would've given her my complete thumbs up would be a richer colour rather than the bland cream colour of her dress.

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:59 pm
Princess Madeleine: :king: It looks like a curtain with laces
That made me laugh out loud in my office! :lol:

This dress makes her (Madeleine) looking as if she would weigh over 70 kg (more than 155 pounds) . And she does 100% not.

Queen Sylvia :king::king::king::king:
Her dress is very nice, but I'm debating on the necklace, it seemed rather large for such a slender neck, but alas, this is just my opinion.

Princess Madeleine :king::king::king::king::king:
I love this dress, her hair, everything. She looks elegant, and grown up. It's a great cut for her, and it makes her hair look less yellow then it seems to be lately. It also makes her tan look a little more gentle.

Crown Princess Victoria :king::king::king::king::king:
A great style, and if this is indeed the same skirt as the Jordan Visit the top is much better matched. The top showcases her toned upper body!

Princess Lillian :king::king::king::king:
Looks as gorgeous as ever, however I must agree with Alexandria the color was a little bland for my liking.

I think overall, all the Royal ladies did well for the Nobel.

Lena- I couldn't disagree (in the nicest way possible as I tend to agree with you on most of your posts!) more about Madeleine looking heavier in the cream dress...I think she looks slightly trimmer, but again that is just me.

Originally posted by Britters@Dec 10th, 2003 - 3:28 pm
I think overall, all the Royal ladies did well for the Nobel.

Lena- I couldn't disagree (in the nicest way possible as I tend to agree with you on most of your posts!) more about Madeleine looking heavier in the cream dress...I think she looks slightly trimmer, but again that is just me.
No problem with that. A message board/forum lives from it´s discussions :flower:
But I fear you can´t me convince that much, that I think the dress is cute ;)

Queen Silvia :king: :king: :king: :king: - very pretty. I loved the color too, looked really nice with her jewels.

Crown Princess Victoria :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: - I think she looks great. I'm not too crazy about that particular tiara though.

Princess Madeleine :king: :king: - agree that she looks matronly, and it looks as though she is just trying to hard since she was criticized for looking too sexy and revealing. She took this one waaayyy to far.

Princess Lilian - :king: :king: :king: :king: - gorgeous as always. Could be livened up a little though.

I dont think that its the same one she wore at the Jordanian statevisit, but I think I´ve seen the "top" before, but with a different skirt

it looks as though she is just trying to hard since she was criticized for looking too sexy and revealing. She took this one waaayyy to far
I agree with you on that one!

Queen Silvia :king: :king: :king: :king: a nice dress with beautiful color that matches her dark hair beautifully, but i think she would have looked even better in a slightly "larger" dress, more volume so to say...

Crownprincess Victoria :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: I love this dress on her, it has the volume that i wanted in silvias dress and the colour works very good on her, maybe that second layer in the skirt looks kind of odd, but on the whole i love it!

Princess Madeleine :king: :king: :king: :king: She looks elegant and very royal, but i tend to agree with some of the others that she looks a bit to old in it. But the colour is nice.

Princess Lillian :king: :king: :king: :king: She´s such a sweat little lady that almost always looks nice. The dress fits her well i think the only thing is that the dress could have had more coulour

A little boring i think about the jewels. The queen fits good in that tiara and it was a long time ago that she wore it on the nobel day so that´s good, but madeleine and Victoria could have done better. we have seen those tiaras on them for quite a lot of times now, it would have been fun with some changes, but i like them anyway.

Well now i have to go back to the tv to watch the show, i absolutely love this day :wub:

I thought Queen Silvia looked lovely, but I expected Her to wear something more spectacular to the Nobel as She has in previous years, but the dress was pretty and I loved the color.

I thought Crown Princess Victoria looked absolutely amazing. I loved everything about the dress, the color, the style, the shape. It was amazing. I especially loved her posture while sitting, making sure that her dress flowed over the chair making her look more regal and magnificent.

I thought Princess Madeleine's dress was amazing as well. She really looked elegant, mature (not in a bad way), and classically beautiful. I loved the lace, the color, the style, everything. Yet I must say that I thought Princess Madeleine shouldn't have worn this dress so close to the time she wore it to the Jordanian State Banquet. If you are going to repeat the dress so close after wearing it once, I think you should have it altered or wear it with new jewels.

Princess Lilian looked very classic and beautiful as well.

I haven't seen any pictures of Princess Christina.

Originally posted by Yennie@Dec 10th, 2003 - 3:38 pm
I dont think that its the same one she wore at the Jordanian statevisit, but I think I´ve seen the "top" before, but with a different skirt
So in the worst case the skirt and the top is recycled :p

@Josefine

On Aftonbladet there´s a serial of pictures...unfortunaetly the pics are to huge to post...

It seems as if in the eyes of the scandinavian newspapers Madeleine can do never wrong in fashion-things... Madeleine forgylte Nobelfesten i Sverige (the same headline was in Aftonbladet) or Stjal showet igjen

Back
Top Bottom