The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lena said:
Which tiara is that on Lilian?
Princess Lilian is wearing the Laurel Necklace Tiara.

The tiara is a diamond necklace with a laurel motif. A wedding gift from King Oscar II and Queen Sophie to Princess Margaret of Connaught, then it went to Prince Bertil.

pdas1201 said:
Princess Lilian is wearing the Laurel Necklace Tiara.

The tiara is a diamond necklace with a laurel motif. A wedding gift from King Oscar II and Queen Sophie to Princess Margaret of Connaught, then it went to Prince Bertil.
Thank you for the informations, pdas :)

I believe I am little late in posting my favorite dress worn by Victoria in the Nobel Prizes, well, here they are.

1) Blue dress worn in the 2003 Nobel Prizes (loved the small/tiny train)

2) Pink dress worn this year, kinda like Mary's dress worn at a wedding, liked that as well

3) Red dress worn in 2001

pdas1201 said:
I believe I am little late in posting my favorite dress worn by Victoria in the Nobel Prizes, well, here they are.

1) Blue dress worn in the 2003 Nobel Prizes (loved the small/tiny train)

2) Pink dress worn this year, kinda like Mary's dress worn at a wedding, liked that as well

3) Red dress worn in 2001
Can you post pictures of the dress's please.

Lena said:
After a long search I´ve finally found the first pictures of the dinner today at the Royal castle (at Corbis). The black dress, we have seen so many times before and the 4-button-tiara....hmmmmmmm, couldn´t she simply have "borrowed" the dress, which Madeleine would have worn yesterday? Madeleine is ill, she can´t fend ;)
But at least she looks happy and fit.
LOL...I agree about borrowing Princess Madeleine's dress. CP Victoria looked very fit both today and yesterday. She looks the best she has in years. Has anyone else notice that her face looks slimmer and more grown-up? I think she looks great.

Some photos from Corbis:

Attachments

• Family.jpeg
    Family.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 327
  • Siblings.jpeg
    Siblings.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 319
  • Silvia.jpeg
    Silvia.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Victoria.jpeg
    Victoria.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 366
  • Victoria2.jpeg
    Victoria2.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 348
  • Table1.jpeg
    Table1.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Table2.jpeg
    Table2.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Table3.jpeg
    Table3.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 354
  • Table4.jpeg
    Table4.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Carl Philip.jpeg
    Carl Philip.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 725
More from Corbis

Attachments

• Lilian.jpeg
    Lilian.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 302
  • RF.jpeg
    RF.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 400
  • Silvia.jpeg
    Silvia.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 367
  • CG.jpeg
    CG.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 232
hrhcp said:
Troll = a delightful little character from Scandinavian fairy tales ?
flöjten = swedish flapjacks?

So "trollflöjten" are flpajacks that walk themselves in one's mouth?

Not that fun, just the opera."Die Zauberflöte" or "The Magic Flute" in english. "Trolla"= to do magic "flöjt"= a flute,

HMQueenElizabethII said:
When i first see all your posts,you always complain everything.Nothing good!
Why do I have to pretend I like something if I don't???
Sorry I am not Mary Poppins like you.
Why do you pick on what I write? If you don't like what I write then DON'T READ WHAT I WRITE.
:mad:

The King's Dinner for the Nobel Laureates

On Saturday evening, The King hosted his annual dinner for the Nobel Laureates with their families and other guests. The 140 guests where received in Vita Havet, and the dinner was taken in the Karl XI’s Gallery. The Laureates where of course the Honorary Guests.

The Royal Family was represented by (except the King and Queen) Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Lilian and Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnusson with her husband General Consul Tord Magnusson. Countess Bettina Bernadotte af Wisborg and her husband were also invited. Other guests where representatives from the Government, the Ambassadors of the Laureate’s countries, representatives from the Nobel Foundation, representatives from the Royal Academies’ Nobel Committees, representatives from Norway and the Norwegian Nobel Committee, representatives from the Royal Academies involved with the Nobel Prize, representatives from various universities and colleges, the President of the Bank of Sweden and the President of the European Central Bank, and one representative from the Nobel family.

The King had Jacquelyn Savani, wife of the Nobel Prize winner in physics Professor David J Gross, to the table, and on his left side was the Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, Professor Aaron Chiechanover. The Queen had the Nobel Prize winner in physics, Professor Frank Wilczek to the table, and had the Nobel Prize winner in medicine, Dr. Richard Axel, on her other side, who in his turn had Princess Lilian to the table. The Crown Princess had the Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, Professor Aaron Chechanover, to the table, and had Nobel Prize winner in physics, Frank Wilczek, on her other side. Prince Carl Philip had Cornelia Bargmann, husband of the Nobel Prize winner in medicine, Dr. Richard Axel, to the table, and has Jacquelyn Savani on his left side.

The menu consisted of fried duck liver, saffron fried pikeperch with lemon glazed vegetables, whole roasted roe deer fillet, and apricot soufflé with hazelnut praline ice cream for dessert.

Lena has posted a few pictures from this in an earlier post.

Lena said:
After a long search I´ve finally found the first pictures of the dinner today at the Royal castle (at Corbis)...
I think the whole family looked fantastic! I like Silvias dress...its new right? Lilian is very.. well, cute! A very impressing lady
And Victorias dress, even if its old, is one of favourites! But she could have skip the necklace...
and ofcourse: Carl Philip is handsome as always :)

Lena said:
After a long search I´ve finally found the first pictures of the dinner today at the Royal castle (at Corbis). The black dress, we have seen so many times before and the 4-button-tiara....hmmmmmmm, couldn´t she simply have "borrowed" the dress, which Madeleine would have worn yesterday? Madeleine is ill, she can´t fend ;)
But at least she looks happy and fit.

I like the outfit of the Queen, though I can imagine, that not too many will agree. I wonder how her hairdo looks in detail...she hadn´t too much time to prepare today.
I actually much prefer Queen Silvia's outfit at this occasion than the one she wore to the ceremonies the previous day. Something about this outfit has more of a presence and seems more grand and regal to me (might be the colour contrast). While the white/silver dress from the night before seemed rather plain and, even though I don't care much for fussiness, I think the Nobel Peace Prize is one occasion in which fussiness and pomp in one's clothing is okay, even demanded!

As for Victoria's dresses the past two days, the pink dress was lovely on its own; the cut was nice and the colour I love. But I don't think it was appropriate for the occasion in that it didn't say much or do much for her. It seemed rather plain -- which I normally like, but as mentioned above, at the Nobel Peace Prize I want something more! I was delighted to see however no ponytail on Victoria at either night! I wouldn't have put it past her to don a ponytail to one of these ceremonies as I think her hair will refuse to form in any other style. :p

Yennie said:
I think the whole family looked fantastic! I like Silvias dress...its new right? Lilian is very.. well, cute! A very impressing lady
And Victorias dress, even if its old, is one of favourites! But she could have skip the necklace...
I think Silvia also wore that dress during the 2. gala on the statevisit to Iceland, at least it looks very much like the same dress

I also like Victorias dress even if it atleast the 3. time she wears it I agree about the necklace, Im sure it is worth what I will make my intired life but its to long and to grandma looking for my taste. I will never approve of that tiara, buttons are not ment to be worn on the head. CarlPhilip looks very handsom.....

Attachments

• is15.jpg
    is15.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 408
  • is11.jpg
    is11.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:
1: Good overview of the Nobel Prize Awards
2: This year's dessert
3 & 4: Our role model and idol :)D), Court Marshall Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg at the Nobel Banquet

Attachments

• Nobel Prize Awards.jpg
    Nobel Prize Awards.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 594
  • dessert.jpg
    dessert.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 393
  • VA3G0927.jpg
    VA3G0927.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,050
  • VA3G1253.jpg
    VA3G1253.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,035
Last edited:
I know Victoria has worn that black dress before (many times) but I understand why. She looks fabulous in it! It is so flattering on her and compliments her coloring as well. And even though I usually don't like that four-button tiara, I liked it this time. I think she looked great both days even though the pink dress was a little plain.

Yennie said:
At first, I thought you meant the necklace at the ceremony and I thought "I don´t believe it. I would have thought that Yennie would have liked it." Phew. The one at the banquet could have been left back though It doesn´t really fit. And that is my favorite dress of all of Victoria´s dresses.

I love silvia's hair. I thought Victoria was beautiful...even if her dress was a little simple. I think CP looks great with shorter hair.

I think Victoria's dress totally flattens her figure because it does not fit at all and it is a bit too lame for such an important occasion. I like her tiara and hair, though.

Dennism said:
At first, I thought you meant the necklace at the ceremony and I thought "I don´t believe it. I would have thought that Yennie would have liked it.
Haha you think you can read my mind now? It might be true :)
I liked the one she wore at Nobel on friday but I disliked the one she had on Saturday. But on the other hand, I´m not fond of jewellery at all.

I actually prefer CP Victoria's looks and dress on the 2nd Nobel gala - in spite of the Four Button tiara, which I usually hate on her.
But with her hair swept up again (it was about time!) and her dress being one of my favorites as well, and with her wearing for the very first time the long diamond necklace for the very first time - worn by Queen Silvia at her pre-wedding gala in 1976 - I just wish she would have appeared like that at the main event the night before.
Queen Silvia looks great as usual, but, mhm-hmmm, isn't the beautiful ensemble she's wearing one size too BIG for her?
More pics have appeared on rexfeatures.com , where you can see that Queen Silvia's dress has a very nice train...

Yennie said:
Haha you think you can read my mind now? It might be true :)
I liked the one she wore at Nobel on friday but I disliked the one she had on Saturday. But on the other hand, I´m not fond of jewellery at all.
Yes, it´s a skill that apparently, I didn´t know I had.

Two more pics from the King's Nobel Dinner for the Laureates with families and other people this past Saturday. Unfortunately I haven't found any pics with Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnusson or other guests, but in the 2nd pic here, you can see her husband Tord in the background. The pics are from the Royal Court:

Attachments

• NobelSlottet1webb.jpg
    NobelSlottet1webb.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 712
  • NobelSlottetwebb2.jpg
    NobelSlottetwebb2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 610
From SVT:

The Crown Princess

The Queen

Grand Duchess posted the original link to the page but I´ve decided to post the video links to help out those for whom Swedish is rather unreadable(which sometimes, trust me, includes some students of Swedish as well...:)) Be careful though. these go directly to a video on a page(or a standalone player) so if you have video problems sometimes, it may be wise to shut down your browser and to copy and paste the address into Real Player or Windows Media Player or whatever...

The King meets the Italian Boy

A good report on the proceedings.

All about the menu. Check out 3:00 when they bring out the dessert.

two photos that I dont think has been posted before. Victoria looks amazing!

Attachments

• nobel.JPG
    nobel.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 240
  • 20041011.JPG
    20041011.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 269
Yennie said:
two photos that I dont think has been posted before. Victoria looks amazing!

That she does. Thank you, Yennie for these photos.

The Nobel Prize 2005

Another year, another Nobel thread. It is time for the countdown to the Nobel festivities of 2005! Fasten your seatbelts & hold on! :)

NOBEL PRIZES 2005

# The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine - Barry J. Marshall, J. Robin Warren

# The Nobel Prize in Physics - To be announced on Tuesday, October 4 at 11:45 a.m. at the earliest

# The Nobel Prize in Chemistry - To be announced on Wednesday, October 5 at 11:45 a.m. at the earliest

# The Nobel Peace Prize - To be announced on Friday, October 7 at 11:00 a.m.

# The Bank of Sweden Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel - To be announced on Monday, October 10 at 1:00 p.m. at the earliest

# The Nobel Prize in Literature - The Swedish Academy will set the date for its announcement later.

For information about everything around Nobel things, I highly recommend the official website of the Nobel Foundation: http://nobelprize.org/

Last edited:
ki.gif

Press Release: The 2005 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

3 October 2005​

The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has today decided to award​

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for 2005​

jointly to​

Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren

for their discovery of​

"the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease"

More infomation:

BBC NEWS: "Nobel for stomach ulcer discovery"

The whole official press release (with info & graphics) by The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom