Count Björn Bernadotte gave a speech at the delivery of EuroNatur Preis held at Mainau Castle on 11th October.
Count Björn Bernadotte attended on 13th October at a discussion about how mentally sick workers can return to the job? On the World Day for Mental Health, Das Zentrum für Psychiatrie Reichenau invited employers to an information event at Radolfzeller Innovationszentrum. Count Björn Bernadotte described the difficulty as an employer to find out what work a sick employee, who has to handle machines for example, can continue to do without endangering himself and others. Furthermore, an employer must always keep an eye on the fairness of all employees.
Radolfzell_ Neue Hilfen für psychisch kranke Arbeitnehmer _ SÜDKURIER Online
Count Oscar "Oscis" Bernadotte, 96, told to Expressen, that his love Margot Ekelund, 95, died in the end of September.
Oscar remembers her with a big smile.
- She was a wonderful person. Took care of her family, happy, innovative ... wonderful. A good person, says "Oscis" when he remembers Margot.
Oscar Bernadotte was second cousing to the king's father, Gustaf Adolf, and is a little brother to Dagmar von Arbin. Dagmar von Arbin is 101 years old and the oldest living person in Bernardotte family.
Several times Oscar and Margot have been attending dinners and events in the family - with the royal family present.
Last year they were invited to Haga Palace by Crown Prince Victoria and Prince Daniel in connection with the funeral of Gunnila Bernadotte of Wisborg.
- But we were never engaged or married, me and Margot, says Oscar and continues:
- We got to know each other for, yes, 60 years ago. But then we have hung up together for maybe 15 years. Then there was love at first sight. We have just met over weekends and in the summer. She has lived in Stockholm and I live in Uppsala.
Why didn't you ever get married?
- It has been wonderful anyway. And you don't get married in the 90's. It will be difficult then, that's my opinion.
Oscar tells, that Margot Ekelund worked as a university teacher in Stockholm. She passed away in the end of September.
- I miss her. Margot was an extremely nice person.
"Oscis" is now planning, together with Margot's family, the funeral.
Has the royal family heard of Margot's death?
- I have not had any long conversations with them, I don't want to disturb the king and queen.
Margot Ekelund became 95 years old and left three children. Daughter Marianne, 72, tells:
- She never got really old. She was happy and alert until she died. It was fun I think.
Margot Ekelund är död – var vän till kungafamiljen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Count Oscar Bernadotte and Margot Ekelund arriving to Te Deum on Victoria's 40th birthday, 14th July.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Count Oscar Bernadotte, his sister Dagmar von Arbin (101 years old) and countess Marianne Bernadotte attended today at the funeral of Margot Ekelund at Gustaf Adolf Church in Östermalm.
It was hard for count Oscar to say the final farewell to his Margot
Så hedras kungafamiljens släkting Margot Ekelund _ Svensk Damtidning
Tobias Bücklein has been climbing at the forest in Mainau Island with count Björn Bernadotte.