Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Carl Philip guest in the new "Hellenius hörna"
In a video clip on Instagram David Hellenius lets followers see how he, in police attire, stops a car and asks the question. The car sits none other than Prince Carl Philip.
"David, I know you. I told you that I will not be involved in your program," said the prince, and runs away.
The video (published this mornint) is a commercial for the program manager's show 'Hellenius hörna "on TV4.
- I can confirm that the prince will be a guest at the premiere program. I feel nervous and at the same time very enjoyable and luxurious that he has chosen me. I'm very proud to have him. It feels great, says David Hellenius.
The host says that the prince has long been a dream guest and it's been a lot of work behind getting him to the studio.
- Absolutely, this is the first time he makes a great TV interview, so we've worked a lot with it. It will be a very unique program. He's single guest in a half hour and it is the first time he makes such a great interview, says David Hellenius.
Will the prince be involved in more skits in the program?
- It may be seen. But I can say that people should not miss the program, said Hellenius mysteriously.
The premiere of "Hellenius hörna" with Prince Carl Philip as a guest broadcast on TV4 on Friday 17 October.
Prins Carl Philip gäst i nya "Hellenius hörna" | Nöje | Expressen
Translation

Hellenius Hörna is a swedish talk show, started in 2013. It has sketches/skits which are related to the guests.
The Court's PR-machine is running for full before the wedding, it seems. Madeleine held a very low profile, but that isn't the case now.

Last edited:
Two photos from the TV-program "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family), which will be shown on 6th January in SVT.
https://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/b1/b7/b1b765cb186848b4ab3df0142bbd3c5a/4x3/912@70.jpg
https://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/1b/f5/1bf5f54a8dad4ab2a1608d50436ea6df/16x9/912@70.jpg

SVT has put some videos to the website of "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family). Daniel and Peter Forsberg golfing is kind of funny.
Glimtar från året som gått SVT.se

A new clip from "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family). The princesses at a carriage with a pony and Madeleine and Chris tell about the future.
Prinsessan: Vi flyttar hem igen - Nyheter | SVT.se

Last edited by a moderator:
Madde looks radiant. CP & Sofia are so in love!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Estelle is such a delightful and lovely child. She surely is the star of the family now.
From these clips I get a feeling that I will be disappointed to this year's program. It should show the work of the royal family and not concentrate on holidays.

Could anybody tell me what the King is saying to Estelle? I can catch bits and phrases but not everything.

Thank you to those who posted more videos from Aret Med Kungafamiljen. :flowers: I can't wait to watch the programme - it's going to be so adorable with Estelle and Leonore. Next year, Leonore's sibling will probably be included as well.

Estelle seems to be a very active and lively little girl and she strikes me as one of those children who always likes to take part in activities and join in with things. I noticed that she was one of the first to go into the carriage.

Can anyone translate the short clip of Carl Philip and Sofia? I don't speak much Swedish at all, so I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Producer Sara Bull tells about the making of the "Året med kungafamiljen". About the day in Solliden she tells that they were at the private part of Solliden, at the park, but they didn't get inside. And there were orders regarding security, they were told that they should not film the security cameras etc.
Bull tells that it is difficult to choose what to put to the program, they follow the royal family the whole year. But they can't be everywhere where the members of the royal family are.
Ã…ret med kungafamiljen | SVT Play

The program will be shown today at 20.00.

Sofia tells about her first meeting with the royal couple:
- It was a fantastic experience. We had a very nice lunch at Solliden. I would stay overnight and queen came with a sleepover packet to me and gave me a big hug. I have felt very welcome from day one and nothing else, she says.
Also Carl Philip's first encounter with Sofia's parents in Älvdalen went well.
- That was how easy and enjoyable any time. It felt like coming home, he says.
Sofia Hellqvist and Prince Carl Philip talk about also about the engagement and how they look on Sofia's participation in the TV show Paradise Hotel and in the newspaper Slitz.
- Much has been written about it in many years. Which I think is pretty boring. For me it was ten years ago. I have moved on in life. I do not regret anything, it has built me as a person, says Sofia Hellqvist to SVT.
- But I would not have made the choices today if I had request. But I'm ready to look ahead.

At the program
• The Queen tells of how she turned down the Polar Prize Award Ceremony
• The king tells what he thinks about several royals in Europe abdicated in recent times.
• SVT has followed the royal couple in France and and Crown princess Victoria in Ghana and Tanzania
• The King and Prince Carl Philip at the castle Stenhammar
• SVT has gone to a STCC race with Prince Carl Philip,
• The program describes how Prince Daniel meets young entrepreneurs.
• SVT is by HM Queen Silvia when she meets Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai.
Nu berättar Sofia om Paradise hotel-tiden Nyheter Expressen

Last edited:
At the program
• The Queen tells of how she turned down the Polar Prize Award Ceremony
• The king tells what he thinks about several royals in Europe abdicated in recent times.
• SVT has followed the royal couple in France and and Crown princess Victoria in Ghana and Tanzania
• The King and Prince Carl Philip at the castle Stenhammar
• SVT has gone to a STCC race with Prince Carl Philip,
• The program describes how Prince Daniel meets young entrepreneurs.
• SVT is by HM Queen Silvia when she meets Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai.

I noticed that each member of the TF had two coverage items in the programme, as they were best representing their activities.
Overall I had the impression that the programme emphasized the presence of Madeleine and her family, as a sign of coming back, (their removal from NY is just being confirmed).
Thus not leaving the involvement of the new generation to Victoria and her family, and! to Carl Philip and Sofia. She was given a chance of starting an attractiveness campaign towards the Swedish population. There were however no signs of a very warm welcome towards her from V&D or M&Chr ... for those who still have reservations towards her.
As usual a quite enjoyable programme.

This year's program was probably the worst of "Året med kungafamiljen" I have ever seen.
Maybe around 15 minutes of their work and 45 minutes from Solliden and family celebrations. It should have been the other way round. 45 minutes of work and 15 minutes from Solliden.
This programme is the royal family's only chance to show the people what they actually do during the year. What they are paid for, what they do with the taxpayers' money. So little of their work normally reaches the people because media doesn't cover their real work but focuses on fashion, baby-cuteness and love stories.
32 minutes had gone and the only work events shown were the Sweden Dinner and the king and Carl Philip patting cows in Stenhammar. Then they went with Victoria and Daniel to Iceland and showed whales! SVT made the trip look like they were there only sight-seeing. They could have shown when Victoria and Daniel visited the Össur prosthetics company. They were shown a bionic leg and a boy demonstrated his new leg. And the talk "what you are going to do in the summer?", when the program is shown in January.
And about the state visit to France the main thing was the meeting with Zlatan, although there were much more important meetings and visits.
Yes, it was kind of interesting to follow this farmer couple to their Sweden dinner. But the program should be at least twice longer, now it took too much time from the program.
Estelle is very cute, but she was shown too much. I am unsure if Victoria and Daniel are pleased with how much she was used during an hour, SVT must have used all the clips of her they got that day.
Way too long interviews with Madeleine, Chris, Sofia and Carl Philip. A lot of talk with a lot of self-evidences.
People write critical comments to the events at the court Facebook by saying that "we should get away with these dependents", or "think how many poor and miserable people could be helped by the apanage"?
The economical situation is getting worse. People get frustrated.
The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel work quite much and what was shown? The king in Stenhammar and in France. The queen with Malala and with Madeleine in Childhood. Super short clip of Victoria’s visit to Ghana and Tanzania and Daniel at the Young Entrepreneurs event. And the Iceland trip. Estelle’s first work day was lovely, though.
If the royal family wants to show what in their work is important for them, SVT betrayed them really bad. According to SVT the royal family can’t affect on what they choose to show at the program. I would have wanted to see for instance he king’s work with WWF and scouts, the queen’s work with her foundations and getting many prizes during the year, Victoria at the UN Global Forum with Ban Ki-moon and Nordens Ark’s celebration and at the events of Baltic Sea and climate change. And Daniel at the Sports Day and working for more organ donations. A real talk and real work.
Although Daniel's interview of the organ donations has been shown before, it is so important matter that something about that should have been shown in this program too. To show that a member of the royal family really tries to help the people of Sweden with his work.
The royal family could also some year tell why they chose some of their patronages, and about the work of the royal foundations. Hardly anyone knows how the foundations work and what the members of the royal family do in them.

Last edited:
This edition was indeed less "informative", but more "family" oriented. I think that it reflects the new family situations, and aims at reassuring the population about the young generation: Madeleine to be again more involved, with also a growing family; so everything ok, in case no new baby comes for V&D, and limiting the impact of the arrival of Sofia.

Regarding reporting on activities I found particularly poor indeed the info on the activities of King CG and CPh. It is maybe in relation to this weakness that the reporting on Daniel was limited.
The worst was probably mentioning exclusively the meeting with the football player while they were in Paris. If that is the benefit of the trip, it is very weak.

At Swedish Radio P1's program "Nordegren & Epstein" were discussed about this year's program.
Reporter Louise Epstein interviewed SVT's Commissioning Editor Factual Entertainment, Peter Nyrén. She pointed out that there was a lot of Solliden, Estelle, Leonore and green grass. She wonders why there was so little about their work.
Nyrén says that it happened a lot at the royal family's private life.
Epstein asks: "Why the royals don’t get any questions about their work?" "How do you choose what to put to the program?"
Nyrén says that at the end of the year they look what during the year happened is worth to put to the program.

There are also two other people interviewed.
Lars Josefsson from SVT's Uppdrag granskning (Mission investigation) , Espstein asks from him: "You have done many tough investigations, why you have never investigated how well the royal family does their work?"
Josefsson says "We do investigations about inequality and misfortunes. We did something when the book The reluctant monarch was published."
Epstein says: "There are questions which could be made. How much representation we get with the money? Has the work of the royal family become more effective or less effective? How big power the royal court has? When are you going to do something with these questions?"
Josefsson says that he can not promise anything.

The third person interviewed is Kristina Widestedt, a researcher and teacher in journalism at the Stockholm University.
Epstein asks: "Why the royal family gets so few questions about their work?"
Widestedt says: "That is difficult to say but I think that the journalists and the public have still a little oldfashioned way to see what the royal family is. This is a bunch of very special and a little curious people. Those people become interesting themselves without that we need evaluations about their work. It is enough that these people exist and go around and show themselves".
Epstein: "How the media should work when they handle the royal house?"
Widestedt: "I miss overviews, figures how many official dinners are organized, how many people are invited, what sectors in the community they represent. How many visits to companies the royal family does? Who does most work?"
Nyrén says that he thinks that they choose what is worth to show about the events during the year and they have a rather good balance at the program.
Kungen och hans jobb - Nordegren & Epstein i P1 Sveriges Radio

I looked at the video again, looking more at détails. I think that the dess code (casual) of the royals is not left to their choice, but all of them should contribute to the message. Looking at the men, only ing CG wears colourful casual clothes, he looks quite smart. The 3 younger men are almost wearing a uniform, white shirt and biege trousers), so they don't get any emphasis. The situation is almost similar for the women. Hope this doesn't appear too frustrating for them. I ddon't get that impression when looking at summer family pictures of other royals.

SVT Aret med kungafamiljen 2014

Hallo ihr Lieben !

Wer hat von euch die Doku "Aret med kungafamiljen 2014" aufgenommen und kann es bitte z.B. bei You Tube hochladen. Wie geht dowloaden bei SVT ? Wer kann das bitte für mich machen. Bei mir geht das nicht. Ich würde den schönen Film so gerne besitzen.
Danke.

Viele liebe Grüße
Sabrina

Hej alla!

Vem har tagit ifrån dig den "dokumentär Året MED kungafamiljen 2014" och det kan behaga t.ex. Du Tube uppladdning. Hur fungerar det dowload på SVT? Vem kan göra för mig, snälla. Med mig kan du inte. Jag skulle ha den vackra filmen så mycket.
Tack.

Massor av kärlek
Sabrina

Hello everyone!

Who has taken from you the "documentary aret med kungafamiljen 2014" and it can please eg You Tube upload. How does it work dowload at SVT? Who could do for me, please. With me you can not. I would have the beautiful movie so much.
Thank You.

Lots of love
Sabrina

Here is a lot of short video clips of the swedish royal family in various events
swedish monarchy Stock Videos | swedish monarchy Stock Footage | Framepool

The royal court has updated to their Youtube many videos of the state visits to Finland
In 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiNTPjUT9NA
In 1996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbSZ6_Bqi5c
In 1983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Q7rr4iyl4
In 1952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oOvXoAqRlA
In 1936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyF_KDRAF5g

Last edited by a moderator:
To bad its a great interview and one of the few we have seen madeleine speak