Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to ask this question.

I am ordering Aret med Kungafamiljen 1976-2009 this week. I read the available description of what it contains, now is it videos year by year or just pictures? Part I read is that it says it contains pictures of the royal children.

Anybody speak fluent Swedish or knows more about it?

I do not speak swedish but i own the boxset and i can tell you that thos are videos year by year and there are also subtitles!

Thank You! I ordered the box set this morning and it is supposed to be here in a few weeks! :)

I am not fluent in Swedish, I can read some, so I am assuming they will have subtitles in English as well.

Hope it will be enjoyable to watch.

A film about Victoria and Daniel's love story, broadcasted before the christening on German channel ZDF. Unfortunately, it repeats mostly the material that was already shown in another film before their wedding. Nevertheless nice to watch :)

A trailer from SVT's "Året med kungafamiljen - The Year with the Royal Family"
Trailer | SVT Play

The program will be shown on SVT 1st January at 20.00 swedish time. It will also be available on SVT Play in internet.

Last edited:
Is there a special link for the broadcast on SVT.se?

It was told that it will be put on SVT Play when it is shown live on SVT 1.
Thank you LadyFinn for your prompt answer! So I just have to refresh svtplay.se around 20:00 hours?

I want to thank you for always posting pictures and I wish you a happy new year :)

I really enjoy watching this programme which is always a good balance between the R Family and the Swedish population. All my attempts at downloading it and saving it on my computer have failed so far. SVT rights on this programme are predominant. We have better watch it as much as possible while available.

Thanks for the link!!

Anyone know where you can download this to keep it? I've tried stream transport and my cometbird browser to download the video (both use to work!!) but to no avail :(

They have changed everything and they made it almost impossible to do. There are ways, but they shouldnt be discussed. ;)
Since they own the rights they could sell it, not show it for a little while and that's it.

Nice videos..I just wish they had English subtitles or something! Couldn't understand a thing.

Could any Swedish speaking member be so kind and summarize the part about Victoria, Daniel and Estelle from Året med kungafamiljen? That would be wonderful :flowers:

Here are the main points about their life as a family

Victoria tells that Estelle is getting teeth: You can charm everyone with your two teeth, don’t you Estelle? And that is why they are in lack of sleep but people can manage very well with a little sleep too. Estelle has started to crawl a few weeks ago (the interview was done on 8th December) and she is very fast in that…
Both Victoria and Daniel say that the night when Estelle was born is a moment they will never forget. It was full of joy, happiness and relief that everything had gone well. Daniel says that all feelings and senses were wide open, there was a little fear and knowledge that nothing should be taken for granted. But now we have her here and it is so great.
Victoria says that Estelle is everything for them and they do everything on her terms. It is great how she is living in the moment. When she discovered her shadow, it was nice. Or snow on her nose, she first tasted snow the day before.
They were glad when they heard about the engagement of Madeleine and Chris and are waiting for the wedding. Daniel says that they have spent some time with Chris, it has been nice. Victoria adds, that in the summer in Solliden they were together. Madeleine and Chris live in New York, so they don’t meet so often, but with today’s technics it is easy to keep contact. Victoria says that they send photos of Estelle every day and Madeleine sends photos of herself (everyday, Daniel joked).
When Estelle starts to cry and Daniel takes her in his arms, he smiles: It is good that people see that you have some temperament also. Daniel jokes to the interviewer: We want to show a very harmonic child…
Victoria says that since their work is so public, they have a big need for privacy. And with Estelle they have got that privacy, they appreciate it a lot and hope that it will continue. Daniel adds that they hope that when they are skiing on their holiday, they would be left in peace. Victoria thinks that the press has been reporting about the royal family with various ways: from the joy of Estelle’s birth to the books and paintings (regarding the king). She says that during the years she has been able to build an ability to react to the press, but they are all only humans. Daniel says that they are official persons and the press has every right to question if they do something contradictory. They have a role to represent Sweden and they can be criticized if they are not doing a good work. But there is a difference to when one is charged with something that has nothing to do with the person’s job, role or the truth.
According to Victoria Estelle is a happy, open, curious and social and likes people. Daniel jokes that as new parents they probably aren't very objective: Estelle is totally unique. Victoria hopes that Estelle will always be as observing and interested as she is now. The most difficult thing has been the balancing the role as a crown princess and as a mother. It has been great to be at home with Estelle, Daniel has also been at home as much as he can, it's great to be with Estelle together. But they have their official duties and they try to organize it so that one of them could be home with Estelle. It doesn't always work though.
To the question if Daniel has a fourty-year-crisis he answers with Estelle in his arms: Can anyone have a crisis with a little one like this. It doesn’t feel so, maybe the crisis will come later.

Last edited:
Victoria tells that Estelle is getting teeth: You can charm everyone with your two teeth, don’t you Estelle? And that is why they are in lack of sleep but people can manage very well with a little sleep too. Estelle has started to crawl a few weeks ago (the interview was done on 8th December) and she is very fast in that…
Both Victoria and Daniel say that the night when Estelle was born is a moment they will never forget. It was full of joy, happiness and relief that everything had gone well. Daniel says that all feelings and senses were wide open, there was a little fear and knowledge that nothing should be taken for granted. But now we have her here and it is so great.
Victoria says that Estelle is everything for them and they do everything on her terms. It is great how she is living in the moment. When she discovered her shadow, it was nice. Or snow on her nose, she first tasted snow the day before.
They were glad when they heard about the engagement of Madeleine and Chris and are waiting for the wedding. Daniel says that they have spent some time with Chris, it has been nice. Victoria adds, that in the summer in Solliden they were together. Madeleine and Chris live in New York, so they don’t meet so often, but with today’s technics it is easy to keep contact. Victoria says that she and Daniel send photos of Estelle everyday and Madeleine sends photos of herself (everyday, Daniel joked).
When Estelle starts to cry and Daniel takes her in his arms, he smiles: It is good that people see that you have some temperament also. Daniel jokes to the interviewer: We want to show a very harmonic child…
Victoria says that since their work is so public, they have a big need for privacy. And with Estelle they have got that privacy, they appreciate it a lot and hope that it will continue. Daniel adds that they hope that when they are skiing, they would be left alone and the press wouldn't send photographs to take photos when they are in private. Victoria thinks that the press has been reporting about the royal family with various ways: from the joy of Estelle’s birth to the books and paintings (regarding the king). She says that during the years she has been able to build an ability to react to the press, but they are all only humans. Daniel says that they are official persons and the press has every right to question if they do something contradictory. They have a role to represent Sweden and they can be criticized if they are not doing a good work. But there is a difference to when one is charged with something that has nothing to do with the person’s job, role or the truth.
According to Victoria Estelle is a happy, open and curious person. She is social and likes people. Daniel jokes that as new parents they probably aren't very objective: Estelle is totally unique. Victoria hopes that Estelle will always be as observing and interested as she is now. The most difficult thing has been the balancing the role as a crown princess and as a mother. It has been great to be at home with Estelle, Daniel has also been at home as much as he can, it's great to be with Estelle together. But they have their official duties and they try to organize it so that one of them could be home with Estelle. It doesn't always work though.
To the question if Daniel has a fourty-year-crisis he answers with Estelle in his arms: Can someone have a crisis with a little one like this. It doesn’t feel so, maybe the crisis will come later.

You are the best LadyFinn! Thank you!

Thank you so much LadyFinn! It's so much more fun watching it knowing a little bit of what they are saying :flowers:

I loved the way Carl Philip was looking at the screen when Sofia was interviewed.

Last edited:
Here are the main points about their life as a family

They were glad when they heard about the engagement of Madeleine and Chris and are waiting for the wedding. Daniel says that they have spent some time with Chris, it has been nice. Victoria adds, that in the summer in Solliden they were together. Madeleine and Chris live in New York, so they don’t meet so often, but with today’s technics it is easy to keep contact. Victoria says that they send photos of Estelle every day and Madeleine sends photos of herself (everyday, Daniel joked).
Victoria says that since their work is so public, they have a big need for privacy. And with Estelle they have got that privacy, they appreciate it a lot and hope that it will continue. Daniel adds that they hope that when they are skiing on their holiday, they would be left in peace. Victoria thinks that the press has been reporting about the royal family with various ways: from the joy of Estelle’s birth to the books and paintings (regarding the king). She says that during the years she has been able to build an ability to react to the press, but they are all only humans. Daniel says that they are official persons and the press has every right to question if they do something contradictory. They have a role to represent Sweden and they can be criticized if they are not doing a good work. But there is a difference to when one is charged with something that has nothing to do with the person’s job, role or the truth.
According to Victoria Estelle is a happy, open, curious and social and likes people. Daniel jokes that as new parents they probably aren't very objective: Estelle is totally unique. Victoria hopes that Estelle will always be as observing and interested as she is now. The most difficult thing has been the balancing the role as a crown princess and as a mother. It has been great to be at home with Estelle, Daniel has also been at home as much as he can, it's great to be with Estelle together. But they have their official duties and they try to organize it so that one of them could be home with Estelle. It doesn't always work though.
To the question if Daniel has a fourty-year-crisis he answers with Estelle in his arms: Can anyone have a crisis with a little one like this. It doesn’t feel so, maybe the crisis will come later.

:previous:
Awwwwww :wub:

I am rather surprised about the question to Daniel about a "fourty-year-crisis". Are there cultural differences about the age for crisis? In French speaking countries the age for crisis is fifty!?
About the programme, which I enjoyed thoroughly, I liked the bit with the two elder citizens, who had met Daniel when he visited their gym course.
It also strike me that the Queen and Daniel gave the two interviews with most content (particularly Daniel at the factory about entrepreneurship issues), while Victoria and CPh remained in the sphere of family issues.

I am rather surprised about the question to Daniel about a "fourty-year-crisis". Are there cultural differences about the age for crisis? In French speaking countries the age for crisis is fifty!?
About the programme, which I enjoyed thoroughly, I liked the bit with the two elder citizens, who had met Daniel when he visited their gym course.
It also strike me that the Queen and Daniel gave the two interviews with most content (particularly Daniel at the factory about entrepreneurship issues), while Victoria and CPh remained in the sphere of family issues.

Yes, here in Finland it has also before been a "Fifty-year-crisis", but nowadays it's been talked about age crisis often also when someone has 30th or 40th birthday, at least the people I know talk about that.
Maybe the producers wanted to focuse to the new role as a mother for the crown princess.

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall is intended as presenter of a new large royal television venture. According to Resumé a production company has followed him in the spring and recorded a pilot episode that now is offered for TV channels.
The plan is to bring up the competition with SVT's "The Year with Royal Family". In this new program with Lindwall, however, the TV host is more in the center and there would be a program of four episodes during the Christmas and New Year. Lindwall tells to Resumé that he has played in a pilot where he takes viewers behind the scenes. Nothing is clear, but they see a great interest in this.
One possible channel for the new venture is TV4. If the project comes true, there will likely also be broadcast on Expressen.se.
SVT, which has a special agreement with the court on "The Year with the Royal Family," doesn't fear competition, but welcomes the initiative. Producer Sara Bull from SVT says that competition is always good and she wishes Lindwall good luck.
Sara Bull does SVT's special about the King - "40 years on the throne" - which will be aired on September 15.
Resumé Tar upp kampen med SVT s kungliga tittarsuccé
Translation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom