Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Thank you for posting that link, Meraude. One of the time periods I am most interested in with the royals is the one where Queen Victoria's grandchildren reached their maturity and married into most of the royal families of Europe. Thanks again!

New show on the german TV-channel ZDF called "Königliche Affären"! On 24th may there will be an episode about the swedish royal family! here's the link:

ZDF Royal - ZDF.de (German)

I´ve found that the royal court has an account at vimeo.com with some good videos - among them a very interesting one showing the ceremonies around an incoming state visit:
Inkommande statsbesök on Vimeo

I've just found a videos from
King Carl Gustaf 50th Birthday (11parts) 1996

Here are the first parts

SVT - Blandade klipp från Carl XVI Gustafs 50 år kalas (1996) [1/11] - YouTube

extra :)
SVT | Aktuellt Extra - Carl XVI Gustafs 50 års kalas (1996) - YouTube

Princess Victoria 18th Birthday (1995)(12 parts)
SVT - Kronprinsessan Victoria firar sin 18 års dag (1995) [1/12] - YouTube

and King Carl Gustaf 25 years of the trone (1998)(6 parts)
SVT - Carl XVI Gustaf - 25 år på tronen (1998) [1/6] - YouTube

Enjoy! :flowers:

I´ve found that the royal court has an account at vimeo.com with some good videos - among them a very interesting one showing the ceremonies around an incoming state visit:
Inkommande statsbesök on Vimeo

Thank you. Great video. It always brings tears to my eyes to hear "my" national anthem, Du Gamla, Du Fria.

A video from Expressen:
The court reporter of Expressen, Johan T Lindwall talking about the royal family.
Lindwall is saying that for Victoria, maybe there is princes or princesses coming. He tells that on Monday in Järfälla some children asked from Victoria: How many babies do you have in your belly? She smiled and thanked for the painting, but didn´t answer. Lindwall said that Victoria is really big and Lindwall also believes that the baby will be born before March. As for names, Lindwall believes Louise for a girl and - of course - Johan for a boy. They spoke also about that Daniel took Victoria to the concert of Joakim Thåström on March 2009, which was a little surprise, they seemed to like his music.
There is a lot of other stuff at the video. Lindwall says that Madeleine is the most royal of the royal family, then comes the king and the queen, and that Victoria and Daniel are the most "ordinary" of the royal family. Madeleine´s lifestyle is royal, Victoria and Daniel like to stay home and watch DVD - Dexter and House. Silvia was at first very angry when she found out that Carl Philip was dating Sofia. As the king thought in the beginning, that Daniel couldn´t be the right man as a spouse to the future queen of Sween, Silvia thought that Sofia couldn´t be the right woman for her son. But now Sofia seems to have convinced the king and the queen. Lindwall points out the dyslexia of the king, Victoria and Carl Philip, and that it is especially difficult for Carl Philip to speak in public because of that.
Lindwall tells that he was with Daniel in USA and that Daniel managed brilliantly his trip, although it can´t be easy for him to meet all these academic and educated people.
The video goes from the beginning until 17.00 and then again at 23.10 Lindwall starts to talk about Sofia and Project Playground, that she is now working whole time for the project, she was going to study but she changed her mind. Lindwall tells that Oriflame is the biggest sponsor of Playground. Lindwall is asked if Sofia was involved with Playground before she met Carl Philip and Lindwall says that is is a little mystery, nobody knows for sure, which came first, the start in Playground or meeting Carl Philip.
From 31.20 Lindwall tells that he and the other reporters often travel with the same plane with Victoria and Daniel and that the reporters are driven into different places in the cars behind Victoria´s and Daniel´s car, and after the cars comes a police car. Lindwall says that he has a very good relationship with Victoria and Daniel. In the beginning Daniel disliked him, because Lindwall waited him at the street when the relationship with Victoria came public and Daniel wasn´t used to the publicity. But nowadays they get along and can have a cup of coffee together during the trips.
Expressen.tv - Birros Bord - se TV på expressen.se

Last edited:
Yesterday I found and watch a documentary on ZDF about Victoria and Daniel and King and Queen :).They start and end with CP Victoria and Daniel , but big part of the documentary was about King and Queen :)
I don't understand everything because it was in German, and - Ich spreche etwas Deutch ;) :D

They have some video footage , who I was seeing for the first time :)
here is the link - Enjoy
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inha.../beitrag/video/1519580/Ein-Prinz-für-Victoria

Yesterday I found and watch a documentary on ZDF about Victoria and Daniel and King and Queen :).They start and end with CP Victoria and Daniel , but big part of the documentary was about King and Queen :)
I don't understand everything because it was in German, and - Ich spreche etwas Deutch ;) :D

They have some video footage , who I was seeing for the first time :)
here is the link - Enjoy
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhalt/21/0,4070,3989077-0,00.html#/beitrag/video/1519580/Ein-Prinz-f%C3%BCr-Victoria

Great you found it! I think they showed this documentary "A prince for Victoria" in 2010 just before the wedding, but a while ago I was looking for it and they had deleted it on the website. I think it's a lovely documentary, could watch it over and over again :)
In short, it's a film about Victoria and Daniel's love story, and it also mentions the love story of Carl Gustav and Silvia. They also talk a little about the history of the Bernadotte dynasty, that Bernadotte himself wasn't aristocratic and not even a Swede ;)

Last edited:
I wish somebody would sum it us for us ignorant in swedish!! :whistling:

Here´s what Victoria and Daniel tell about their baby:
Victoria says that it is just fantastic, it is something she has wished for so long. Daniel and she are thoroughly happy. It is unbelievably exciting, that Daniel and she will have a real little family of their own. She feels so happy and waits for to get to know this little person and to be able to follow how her child grows. It is their child and they will have to joy to follow he/she. It will be very exciting but she feels also enormous responsibility and she wonders if a person sometimes feels totally sure to be really ready to be a parent. Victoria says about the maternity/paternity leave that it surely isn´t a holiday, but that Daniel and she of course want to spend as much time with their child especially in the beginning as they can.

Daniel says to the reporter that having a baby, they feel so good of it: I get a warm feeling and a big smile on my lips when you started to spoke about it. Daniel says also that he tries to get Victoria slow her tempo, she demands so much from herself and he tries to say to her that she should take it easy.

The interviews of Victoria and Daniel were done on 8th November, during their visit to Västernorrland.

Carl Philip says that it is really great and exciting that his bigsister is having a baby. And queen Silvia says that her mother always said that grandchildren are the dessert of life, and she hopes that she will get to babysit sometimes.

Last edited:
Victoria says that it is just fantastic, it is something she has wished for so long. Daniel and she are thoroughly happy. It is unbelievably exciting, that Daniel and she will have a real little family of their own. She feels so happy and waits for to get to know this little person and to be able to follow how her child grows. It is their child and they will have to joy to follow he/she. It will be very exciting but she feels also enormous responsibility and she wonders if a person sometimes feels totally sure to be really ready to be a parent. Victoria says about the maternity/paternity leave that it surely isn´t a holiday, but that Daniel and she of course want to spend as much time with their child especially in the beginning as they can.

Daniel says to the reporter that having a baby, they feel so good of it: I get a warm feeling and a big smile on my lips when you started to spoke about it. Daniel says also that he tries to get Victoria slow her tempo, she demands so much from herself and he tries to say to her that she should take it easy.

The interviews of Victoria and Daniel were done on 8th November, during their visit to Västernorrland.

Carl Philip says that it is really great and exciting that his bigsister is having a baby. And queen Silvia says that her mother always said that grandchildren are the dessert of life, and she hopes that she will get to babysit sometimes.

that's very kind of you and very detailed, thank you!
what they are saying is very sweet!

:previous:
Thanks LadyFinn :flowers:
They would be a great parents and Queen Silvia definitely will be a very kind and loving grandmother :)

Thanks for translating LadyFinn :flowers: I was already wondering what they were saying about the baby.

LadyFinn said:

Thanks for the Text in English!! It's so Sweet to read what they say about the Baby! And you can feel the Love between Daniel and Victoria!! I can't wait to see her little Family on the Photos!!;-)

Does the Royal Court have a YouTube account, or is Vimeo more popular in Sweden?

Not sure where to ask this question.

I am ordering Aret med Kungafamiljen 1976-2009 this week. I read the available description of what it contains, now is it videos year by year or just pictures? Part I read is that it says it contains pictures of the royal children.

Anybody speak fluent Swedish or knows more about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom