The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2017, 01:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has a short clip of queen Silvia speaking at "Drottningholms Slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home) which will be broadcasted at SVT1 on 5th and 6th January.

The king and queen live at Drottningholm Palace. But their home is haunted by ghosts, says Queen Silvia at "Drottningholm Palace - a royal home."
- There are ghosts, there are many. There is a lot of history here, there are also little friends ... ghosts. They are all very friendly, but sometimes you feel that you are not alone. So come and feel yourself walking around here in the dark and so. It's very exciting, says Queen Silvia in the program.
The Queen stresses, however, that they are "harmless" ghosts.
- You do not get scared, it's a kindness that exists. What if they could tell?
Princess Christina, who among other things has written a book about Drottningholm Palace, is also interviewed at the program. She agrees with the queen of the existence of ghosts in the Palace.
- Of course there are. It haunts at all the old houses. There is much energy in this house and it would be strange if it wasn't reflected in little sounds and shapes. In all the old houses there are stories of ghosts, she says.
Christina believes that it is mostly human imagination speaking.
- Sometimes, people think they see figures. Mostly when it becomes a little dusk or at night, of course. And then the imagination starts to fly.
Drottning Silvia_ Det spökar på Drottningholms slott _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Old 01-03-2017, 07:36 AM
Majesty

I am surprised to read that the queen believe in ghosts! I would never have imagined that. I think that it is true that sometimes old houses are "full of the past", but I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe they used the wrong term...

Old 01-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I am surprised to read that the queen believe in ghosts! I would never have imagined that. I think that it is true that sometimes old houses are "full of the past", but I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe they used the wrong term...

Both the Queen and Christina said "spöken" = ghosts

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Both the Queen and Christina said "spöken" = ghosts

Ehm, yes, that what I said they believe in. I don't understand what you meant.Sorry.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ehm, yes, that what I said they believe in. I don't understand what you meant.Sorry.
I interpreted the last sentence of your post, which included the word "term", as a question if they had been misquoted.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I interpreted the last sentence of your post, which included the word "term", as a question if they had been misquoted.

Ah, yes. Stupid me! Sorry, but I didn't sleep much last night. No, what I meant is that the queen should have thought more about what to say about this strange phenomena and perhaps have called them "paranormal activity".
Old 01-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

Quote:
Ah, yes. Stupid me! Sorry, but I didn't sleep much last night. No, what I meant is that the queen should have thought more about what to say about this strange phenomena and perhaps have called them "paranormal activity".

In Swedish it's basically the same thing. To call ghosts anything else would just sound silly. Ghost is actually the word that sounds more sensible than words like spirits, supernatural etc...

Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Actually in Swedish it's basically the same thing. To call ghosts anything else would just sound silly.

Okay. I was trying to sound funny. Never mind.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm tired too, sorry haha :)

Old 01-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

SVT and other swedish media reports that the queen telling about the ghosts in Drottningholm has been big news at the media abroad, for instance in Germany, and in Time, The Guardian, Daily Mail and BBC.
Drottningens spökhistorier – en världsnyhet _ SVT Nyheter

First part of "Drottningholms slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home). Parts of it have been filmed in the beginning of 2016.
Victoria shows the Silk Cabinet, a present to King Gustaf III in 1781. Already in 1750's they started to produce silk in Drottningholm. Everything new was brought to Sweden, Asia became interesting, East India Company was growing. Silk was already then an important thing. When the cabinet is opened, there are samples of colours what could be produced also in Sweden.
Drottningholms slott - ett kungligt hem - Avsnitt 1 _ SVT Play

Some screenshots
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The second part of "Drottningholms slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home). It starts with queen Silvia taking us to the private part of the Palace Park. Victoria presents the Hall of State. Christina tells about the Generals Hall.
Drottningholms slott - ett kungligt hem - Avsnitt 2 _ SVT Play

Some screenshots
https://imageupper.com/i/?S030001003...48369284656013

What a great documentary. To hear the stories told by the royal ladies, to see all those grand rooms with gorgeous paintings and tapestries. I have to look it many times, there is so much to watch, so many interesting details.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Majesty

^^^ LadyFinn, would you be so kind to post the online link of the entire documentary?
Old 01-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
^^^ LadyFinn, would you be so kind to post the online link of the entire documentary?
I have posted the links to both programs of "Drotthingholms slott - ett kungligt hem" to my posts. Both programs are about an hour long.

It is a pity that the press hasn't written more about the programs, only about queen Silvia's ghosts stories.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I have posted the links to both programs of "Drotthingholms slott - ett kungligt hem" to my posts. Both programs are about an hour long.

It is a pity that the press hasn't written more about the programs, only about queen Silvia's ghosts stories.
Yes, I was too in a rush and asked you without previsouly checking...
Old 01-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

A video of the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy on 20th December 2016. The royal family arrives and after that the members of the Academy arrive and bow to the king. The royal family members are shown from time to time.
At 1.46.18 Sara Danius, the Permanent Secretary of the Swedish Academy, says at her speech:
"Before I go over to this year's prizes, I would also like to mention the Crown Princess Couple’s cultural effort at Haga Palace, a serie of literary salons which was launched successfully last year. This year, members Östergren and Riad and I myself attended at the salons. The group of people is small, mixed and young, and varies time after time. The intellectual theme is always current. What can one say about such a foresight? Simply: Hats off!"
The gathering ends and the royal family leaves.
(There is also video from 2015 formal gathering).
https://vimeo.com/svenskaakademien

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010090...54438362044352
Old 04-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Commoner

Help me find....

Hi users on theroyalforums.com! I've recently joined this page ang I really enjoy it.

(This is specially to all the swedes out here)

So, I really love the Swedish royal-family (I'm Swedish by myself) and I've recently started to pay extra attention to the royal couple King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia. I remember that the Swedish TV-channel TV4 aired a documentary about the royal family back in 2010 I think. I would REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see it again and I've been searching like crazy but I can't find it and it's not available at TV4.se

So please, if you have any clue on what I can do to find it, please help me! :)
Old 04-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There's a thread about it here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tv4-27552.html

I think you can log in and view the documentary here:

Nordic World AS : Bernadotte - a Royal Family

Hope this helps some and welcome to TRF!!
Old 04-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Commoner

Thank you so much! I will try the links rn!
Old 04-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Commoner

I tried making an account, but why do you have to write your adress, company etc? Is there any other site where you can view theese? Thank you
Old 04-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe doing a search with "The Bernadotte Family" (2010) - Swedish Documentary by TV4" as the search keyword.

I didn't check YouTube and there's a possibility that it could be there.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has found out that SVT is planning a new documentary about the royal family. The working title is "Royal Wedding Dresses". The documentary will, according to information to Expressen, be sent in the spring and all the royal women - Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine and Sofia - participate.

Now Sara Bull, the producer who also makes "The Year of the Royal Family" for SVT, confirms that the program will be broadcasted.
- We are still in the middle of production and have plenty left to do and we probably thought to keep the project as a secret, but as Expressen has found out about program, it's still fun to finally tell about what we have worked with during the last year.
What will we see in the program?
- Without doubt, we have a very unique material because we have had the opportunity to follow behind the scenes and film in places where no television team has been released before. We have received exclusive interviews with Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Madeleine and Princess Sofia. For the first time, they tell about the work behind the wedding dresses, but also offer personal memories from their wedding day.
- Unfortunately, I can not tell you more now, but I can say it's unbeatable to get to do this program with SVT because it allows us to access SVT Archive with all the amazing pictures from the different weddings that will be wonderful to showcase the Swedish people again - now with full focus on the royal wedding dresses' story, says Sara Bull.
The documentary "Royal Wedding Dresses" came after the exhibition with the same name at the Palace.
- The exhibition became overwhelmingly popular and because it is not only beautiful wedding dresses but also a form of documentary of time and part of Sweden's cultural heritage and design history, we wanted to take this opportunity to make this program for SVT, says producer Sara Bull.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och prinsessan Sofia avslöjar allt om sina bröllop _ Kungligt _ Expressen