The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

You can watch TV4's and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow's program "Kungahuset 9-5" at TV4play, but you have to register if you haven't done it already previously. It is free.
Kungahuset 9-5 - Streama TV4 Play

TV4play has published another short video from "Kungahuset 9-5", Daniel at Sports Day and Prince Daniel's Race.
Prins Daniel_ _Väldigt nöjd med min roll_ - Streama TV4 Play

Old 12-28-2016, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Another preview form tonights aret med kungafamiljen, this time an interview with Princess Madeleine and Chris while on a visit to Gotland with Leonore
Här klappar prinsessan Leonore sin häst för första gången | SVT Play

Old 12-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Here is the link to SVT's traditional "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family)
Året med kungafamiljen 2016 _ SVT Play

Victoria was interviewed at Haga Palace.
https://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/D14829531251117655_2.jpg
https://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/D14829531251117655_1.jpg

The best at the program were the interviews with the king and Victoria. The king was relaxed and Victoria is such a pro, her knowledge and passion at the environmental, water and sea issues is great to hear. And it was nice to see Daniel playing floorball with the kids in Jordbro, he is so natural with the kids. It was also good that they didn't show so much the big events of the year which had had their own programs.
The program was better than in many years.

TV4's "Kungahuset 9-5" was a huge disappointment. I liked the interviews of the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel. It is always good when the royals speak seriously about their work. But there was too much of everything at the program, too short clips, bad filming, it was confusing. And the music was just awful. No solo events of the queen were shown. Ebba Kleberg von Sydow was shown too much. The part of the royal fashion was totally unnecessary.

In the unique interview at Året med kungafamiljen with Crown Princess Victoria at Haga Palace, where the whole crown princess family lives, Victoria tells in a very personal way about her concern for the state of the Baltic Sea.
- The Baltic Sea is so complex and looks so beautiful on the surface. But then, with a little more information, you realize that it is feeling very bad, she said at the program.
Crown Princess Victoria takes at the the program up availability of fish as a concrete example of how badly the Baltic Sea is feeling.
- When I was little we fished a lot outside Öland, particularly Kalmarsund. There are other fish that you get up today, if you even get fish. Sometimes there is not enough fish. Then we have the algal bloom that most people who try to swim in the sea in the summer suffer. You realize that you can not swim or it does not look especially fun, says Victoria.
Victoria also mentions that Princess Estelle, 4, shares concerns with her.
- Our daughter Estelle is four years old, but we talk with her about it. That the fish is not good, that we fish in a way that is not sustainable. We talk a lot about dead zones and oxygen deficient seafloors. That out of ten of the world's dead marine zones, seven are at the Baltic Sea.
Victorias och Estelles oro för framtiden _ Kungligt _ Expressen

En Frisk Generation (The Healthy Generation) Foundation tells at their social media that Daniel's visit to their activity in Jordbro is shown at the program. Daniel is the patron of En Frisk Generation.
https://www.facebook.com/enfriskgene...type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOkrB9EA...riskgeneration
Old 12-30-2016, 12:52 AM
Royal Highness

I always have a feeling that Victoria (and Carl Gustav) articulate very distictively when they speak.
When I hear others speak Swedish it flows more.
But this can be a totally wrong impression as I don't speak any Swedish.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Despite me not speaking swedish, I was able to catch some parts of the speech with the help of subititles, as I know some swedish words...
Old 12-31-2016, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

About Victoria's interview at "Året med kungafamiljen"
Victoria said about her speech at the king's 70th birthday that most important thing to bring out for her and on her sibling's behalf was that they love their dad as a father and what he has meant to them, but also that they appreciate him for what he has done as a king also.
Victoria also told what she wants to take with her from her mother and father about the way to be king and queen one day in the future:
- I think that as a child one watches her parents and says that I take that with me and that I hopefully can improve and manage, I have very wise parents, two very curious parents. I think curiosity is something I particularly want to protect and the best way give to my children, I think it is a great gift to be able to be curious, because I think that in that way most things will be easier.
Kronprinsessan Victoria_ ”Jag har väldigt kloka och nyfikna föräldrar” Gala magazine _ Gala magazine

Video of Victoria's interview where Victoria speaks about Estelle as a big sister, and also the baptisms are shown.
Så är Estelle som storasyster_ ”Otroligt varm” _ SVT Play
Old 01-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has a short clip of queen Silvia speaking at "Drottningholms Slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home) which will be broadcasted at SVT1 on 5th and 6th January.

The king and queen live at Drottningholm Palace. But their home is haunted by ghosts, says Queen Silvia at "Drottningholm Palace - a royal home."
- There are ghosts, there are many. There is a lot of history here, there are also little friends ... ghosts. They are all very friendly, but sometimes you feel that you are not alone. So come and feel yourself walking around here in the dark and so. It's very exciting, says Queen Silvia in the program.
The Queen stresses, however, that they are "harmless" ghosts.
- You do not get scared, it's a kindness that exists. What if they could tell?
Princess Christina, who among other things has written a book about Drottningholm Palace, is also interviewed at the program. She agrees with the queen of the existence of ghosts in the Palace.
- Of course there are. It haunts at all the old houses. There is much energy in this house and it would be strange if it wasn't reflected in little sounds and shapes. In all the old houses there are stories of ghosts, she says.
Christina believes that it is mostly human imagination speaking.
- Sometimes, people think they see figures. Mostly when it becomes a little dusk or at night, of course. And then the imagination starts to fly.
Drottning Silvia_ Det spökar på Drottningholms slott _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 01-03-2017, 06:36 AM
Majesty

I am surprised to read that the queen believe in ghosts! I would never have imagined that. I think that it is true that sometimes old houses are "full of the past", but I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe they used the wrong term...
Old 01-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I am surprised to read that the queen believe in ghosts! I would never have imagined that. I think that it is true that sometimes old houses are "full of the past", but I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe they used the wrong term...

Both the Queen and Christina said "spöken" = ghosts

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-04-2017, 07:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Both the Queen and Christina said "spöken" = ghosts

Ehm, yes, that what I said they believe in. I don't understand what you meant.Sorry.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ehm, yes, that what I said they believe in. I don't understand what you meant.Sorry.
I interpreted the last sentence of your post, which included the word "term", as a question if they had been misquoted.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I interpreted the last sentence of your post, which included the word "term", as a question if they had been misquoted.

Ah, yes. Stupid me! Sorry, but I didn't sleep much last night. No, what I meant is that the queen should have thought more about what to say about this strange phenomena and perhaps have called them "paranormal activity".
Old 01-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

Quote:
Ah, yes. Stupid me! Sorry, but I didn't sleep much last night. No, what I meant is that the queen should have thought more about what to say about this strange phenomena and perhaps have called them "paranormal activity".

In Swedish it's basically the same thing. To call ghosts anything else would just sound silly. Ghost is actually the word that sounds more sensible than words like spirits, supernatural etc...

Old 01-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Actually in Swedish it's basically the same thing. To call ghosts anything else would just sound silly.

Okay. I was trying to sound funny. Never mind.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm tired too, sorry haha :)

Old 01-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

SVT and other swedish media reports that the queen telling about the ghosts in Drottningholm has been big news at the media abroad, for instance in Germany, and in Time, The Guardian, Daily Mail and BBC.
Drottningens spökhistorier – en världsnyhet _ SVT Nyheter

First part of "Drottningholms slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home). Parts of it have been filmed in the beginning of 2016.
Victoria shows the Silk Cabinet, a present to King Gustaf III in 1781. Already in 1750's they started to produce silk in Drottningholm. Everything new was brought to Sweden, Asia became interesting, East India Company was growing. Silk was already then an important thing. When the cabinet is opened, there are samples of colours what could be produced also in Sweden.
Drottningholms slott - ett kungligt hem - Avsnitt 1 _ SVT Play

Some screenshots
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 01-06-2017, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

The second part of "Drottningholms slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home). It starts with queen Silvia taking us to the private part of the Palace Park. Victoria presents the Hall of State. Christina tells about the Generals Hall.
Drottningholms slott - ett kungligt hem - Avsnitt 2 _ SVT Play

Some screenshots
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030011E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030021E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030031E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030041E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030051E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030061E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030071E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030081E148369284656013
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030091E148369284656013

What a great documentary. To hear the stories told by the royal ladies, to see all those grand rooms with gorgeous paintings and tapestries. I have to look it many times, there is so much to watch, so many interesting details.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Majesty

^^^ LadyFinn, would you be so kind to post the online link of the entire documentary?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
^^^ LadyFinn, would you be so kind to post the online link of the entire documentary?
I have posted the links to both programs of "Drotthingholms slott - ett kungligt hem" to my posts. Both programs are about an hour long.

It is a pity that the press hasn't written more about the programs, only about queen Silvia's ghosts stories.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I have posted the links to both programs of "Drotthingholms slott - ett kungligt hem" to my posts. Both programs are about an hour long.

It is a pity that the press hasn't written more about the programs, only about queen Silvia's ghosts stories.
Yes, I was too in a rush and asked you without previsouly checking...