Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone be so kind as to tell me at what the King says at the very beginging when they are at Solliden? (Around 2:30?) I know he was talking about Estelle coming up with a name but I am not sure what else he said... :)

I understood "morfar" which means grandfather.

Is anyone of you so kind and could give me a short translation about the interview around min 39:13? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone of you so kind and could give me a short translation about the interview around min 39:13? Thanks in advance.

I posted 2 links on my blog here with translations and transcript of the whole show. I hope that helps you! :)
https://sarahbellar.tumblr.com/post/71925824368/2-links-for-you

The king said that he was thinking about the name to the exhibition and that it could have been a chance to Estelle "What does Grandfather do?" And that that is just what it is about, what the Grandfather has done during the 40 years and that is what you are going to see.

Thank you! What did he say right before he turned it over to Silvia?? :)

Reviews of the program:

Aftonbladet: Estelle, the Star at the Castle
Estelle: stjärnan på slottet Tv-krönikan
Translation

Expressen: Björkman: "Felt a little more lively than last year"
Björkman Kändes lite piggare i år Nöje Expressen Nöje Nöjesnyheter Musiknyheter Filmnyheter
Translation

SVT has put a lot of videos to their website of the program. there are some which weren't seen at the program, like Victoria and Daniel visiting Fryshuset and Naturum, Daniel in Ockelbo Camp and the state visit from Turkey and Portugal.
Fler glimtar från året som gått SVT.se

I loved the video. Not that I understood a lot of what they were saying, but it was a really nice selection of moments. It was great seeing the shots of Victoria and Estelle being at the Sports Day in Haga Park with Daniel. They all seemed incredibly relaxed.

Thank you Sarahbellar for the translations, now I can watch it again understanding a little bit more... ;)

SVT has put a lot of videos to their website of the program. there are some which weren't seen at the program, like Victoria and Daniel visiting Fryshuset and Naturum, Daniel in Ockelbo Camp and the state visit from Turkey and Portugal.
Fler glimtar från året som gått SVT.se

Bonus interviews with the Queen!!! :) :) (except no subtitles :( )

https://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/615220736793490105_174080491
https://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/615226011743138604_174080491
https://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/615237315731549771_241388994
Videos from the other day at the Swedish Academy

I enjoyed watching the Året med kungafamiljen documentary. The clips of Estelle were adorable, particularly the bits where Victoria was kissing Estelle and also when Estelle was standing on Victoria's legs. The clips of the sports day at Haga Palace were also sweet.

I was wondering what the PR were saying about King Carl Gustaf when he was impolite to the interviewers - thanks for the translations, Sarahbellar. They're much appreciated.

Last edited:
I enjoyed watching the Året med kungafamiljen documentary. The clips of Estelle were adorable, particularly the bits where Victoria was kissing Estelle and also when Estelle was standing on Victoria's legs. The clips of the sports day at Haga Palace were also sweet.

I was wondering what the PR were saying about King Carl Gustaf when he was impolite to the interviewers - thanks for the translations, Sarahbellar. They're much appreciated.

The negative things about the king at Året med kungafamiljen were:
SVT investigated who's paid for the renovations of Stenhammar.
During the last couple of years it's been renovated from the inside out. Statens fastighetsverk and the courts own accountants confirm that arount 9 million SEK (about 1,4 millon euros) have been taken from his apanage = taxpayers money. When SVT confronted the king about this, he snapped them of and according to the reporter swore at them and asked why they never told the truth.
The other incident was when the King and queen were on their county trips and the king wasn't at all happy when the reporters asked about Madeleine's pregnancy which was revealed the same day and what the king thought about becoming a grandfather again, but the king wanted to talk about the county visit. He was grumpy. The PR-expert thought that the king should of course have known that Madeleine's pregnancy was the thing which interested the media.

I enjoyed watching the Året med kungafamiljen documentary. ... The clips of the sports day at Haga Palace were also sweet.

I enjoyed very much watching it as well. Great that Scandinavian countries can have such a long programme every year, in my country, Belgium, that would not be possible. We have however short weekly programmes, but not at a time of high attendance, and there are no special contributions from royals to these programmes.

This year's programme concentrated on the 40 anniversary of the reign of CG. It is striking that their intensive activities over several months did not improve his popularity, and the review went into some of the latest controversies.

I also liked the clips of the sports day at Haga Palace. I was surprised to see that Victoria and Estelle came and watched some games. I did not remember having seen pics about that in July?! So could they be kept secret for the year's review.

If I may, I would like to mention what stroke me most about the king in 2013: during their trip to the US, there were interviews. CG took the time to answer several questions, maybe it made him feel important. The journalists also wanted to ask questions to the queen, she started answering, and he dropped in immediately saying that there was no time for futher questions...!!

Last edited:
I think that Victoria and Estelle with Daniel's sister Anna and her family came a lot after Daniel to the Hagapark on the Sports Day on 8th September. To the media it was told only about Daniel attending, so the cameras and reporters were after him. Victoria and Estelle could came quietly after and only SVT knew they would be there. That was done great, the Sports Day is Daniel's initiative and the focus should have been on him, as it was.

Would love to know what they are saying!

Sorry if this has been asked before...but are there any sites that have translated subtitles or a way to get them for the videos?

The videos from Öppet arkiv can only be seen in Sweden.

Sadly yes :( :( if anyone in Sweden knows how (it is really easy) to use "aTube Catcher" and wants to record the video for us and post it on YouTube- I think you would be amazing! :) :)

I love it. I loved the video of Estelle making Christmas cookies. Just precious.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

a lovely video of the King and his sisters celebrating St.Lucia(the beginning of Christmas celebrations in Sweden)....the singing is angelic :)

Can someone translate or summarize this video please?
Drottningen om prinsessan Lilians humor: ”Hon var en isbrytare” | SVT Play

Here is an old video of them in the 1980s enjoying Drottningholm. The kids running around is great. Carl Philip has the cutest laugh.
Nyårsbesök på Drottningholm | SVT Play

This is a video from 2010 where Silvia sounds a lot like Victoria. :)
https://youtu.be/ZFtlRtDuRJc

I just found this video of Silvia becoming scared by a fake person. You can here her little scream which is adorable. https://youtu.be/qq5ZiJrXb_M

Queen Silvia has given an interview to Reinhold Beckmann from german TV ARD, it will be shown on Thursday at 23.30.
Königin Silvia von Schweden - Beckmann - ARD Das Erste

Queen Silvia at the interview of Reinhold Beckmann, which will be shown in ARD tonight.
Königin Silvia schwärmt bei Beckmann über ihre Enkeltöchter - Royals - Bild.de

Queen Silvia's interview on ARD by Reinhold Beckmann, video
Video Königin Silvia von Schweden im Gespräch mit Reinhold Beckmann ARD Mediathek Das Erste

Svt

Hello my friends!

I was at the birthday concert of Princess Victoria. It has me very much. I am a very big fan, I want to dowload the video from SVT. Is this possible and how do you do that? Maybe one of you has picked up and it can make purely on You Tube. There I can dowload it. I would also download the video from Haga Palace also like. The baptism of Princess Leonore is on You Tube, but the reception is not. That there is again only at SVT. I would be happy to answer.

Thank you.
Much love Sabrina

Hej mina vänner!

Jag var på födelsedagskonsert för prinsessan Victoria. Det har jag väldigt mycket. Jag är en mycket stor fan, jag vill dowload videon från SVT. Är detta möjligt och hur gör man det? Kanske en av er har plockat upp och det kan göra rent på You Tube. Där jag kan dowload det. Jag vill också ladda ner video från Haga slott också vilja. Dopet av prinsessan Leonore är på You Tube, men mottagningen är inte. Att det är återigen bara på SVT. Jag skulle gärna svara.

Tack.
Mycket kärlek Sabrina

Hallo ihr Lieben !

Ich war bei den Geburtstagskonzert von Prinzessin Victoria. Es hat mir sehr gefallen. Ich bin ein sehr großer Fan. Ich möchte das Video von SVT dowloaden. Ist das möglich und wie macht man das ? Vielleicht hat es einer von euch aufgenommen und kann es bei You Tube reinstellen. Dort kann ich es dowloaden. Außerdem würde ich das Video von Schloss Haga auch gern haben. Die Taufe von Prinzessin Leonore ist bei You Tube, aber der Empfang nicht. Das gibt es wieder nur bei SVT. Würde mich auf Antwort freuen.

Danke.
Viele liebe Grüße Sabrina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom