The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-21-2023, 11:25 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 33,922
Anyone who wants a person - Swedish, foreign or stateless - to receive one of the Royal Orders use the proposal form for order proposals, see link below.
The Order of the Seraphim - for the Swedish royal house and on the government's foreword, preferably heads of state and equals.
The Order of the Sword for military personnel who, within the military field, have made personal efforts for Sweden or for Swedish interests.
The Order of the Polar Star for people who have made personal efforts for Sweden or for Swedish interests, especially in public activities, as well as for well-executed public duties and assignments.
The Order of Vasa - for people who have made personal efforts for Sweden or for Swedish interests, especially in non-public activities, as well as for well-executed public duties and assignments.
The proposal form
https://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...llningsbar.pdf

Anyone who wants a Swedish citizen to receive a royal medal uses the proposal form for medal proposals, see link below.
The Seraphim Medal for exceptional humanitarian or general service to society.
H. M. The King's Medal for special merit.
The Litteris et Artibus Medal for artistic contributions mainly in music, stage production and literature.
The Prince Eugen Medal - for artistic efforts in other fields.
The Prince Carl Medal - for national or international humanitarian activities.
The proposal form
https://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...llningsbar.pdf

Kungl. Maj_ts Orden _ Kungahuset
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-27-2023, 02:13 PM
doro's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: So Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 295
According to the blog Phaleristica, the Order of The Polar Star can be awarded with the black sash of 1748
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-28-2023, 05:39 PM
doro's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: So Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 295
Sveriges Radio about the new orders and decorations' system

Nu ska svenskar kunna f ordnar igen - Godmorgon vrlden | Sveriges Radio
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-28-2023, 06:06 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 8,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Anyone who wants a person - Swedish, foreign or stateless - to receive one of the Royal Orders use the proposal form for order proposals, see link below.
The Order of the Seraphim - for the Swedish royal house and on the government's foreword, preferably heads of state and equals.
The Order of the Sword – for military personnel who, within the military field, have made personal efforts for Sweden or for Swedish interests.
The Order of the Polar Star – for people who have made personal efforts for Sweden or for Swedish interests, especially in public activities, as well as for well-executed public duties and assignments.
The Order of Vasa - for people who have made personal efforts for Sweden or for Swedish interests, especially in non-public activities, as well as for well-executed public duties and assignments.
The proposal form
https://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...llningsbar.pdf

Anyone who wants a Swedish citizen to receive a royal medal uses the proposal form for medal proposals, see link below.
The Seraphim Medal – for exceptional humanitarian or general service to society.
H. M. The King's Medal – for special merit.
The Litteris et Artibus Medal – for artistic contributions mainly in music, stage production and literature.
The Prince Eugen Medal - for artistic efforts in other fields.
The Prince Carl Medal - for national or international humanitarian activities.
The proposal form
https://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...llningsbar.pdf

Kungl. Maj_ts Orden _ Kungahuset
So, what's the difference between the Polar Star and Vasa? They have exactly the same description, so when should someone be nominated for one or the other?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-28-2023, 06:25 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malm, Sweden
Posts: 4,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
So, what's the difference between the Polar Star and Vasa? They have exactly the same description, so when should someone be nominated for one or the other?
The Polar Star is for people who have excelled themselves while having a public role or working in the public sector.
The Vasa is for those who have excelled themselves while in a private capacity or working in the private sector.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-28-2023, 07:50 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 8,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The Polar Star is for people who have excelled themselves while having a public role or working in the public sector.
The Vasa is for those who have excelled themselves while in a private capacity or working in the private sector.
Thanks! Now I'm seeing the difference in 'public' vs 'non-public' (although the final part includes 'public' for both).

"especially in public activities" vs "especially in non-public activities"

"as well as for well-executed public duties and assignments" vs "as well as for well-executed public duties and assignments" --> so, no difference here?!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-11-2023, 08:41 PM
doro's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: So Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 295
According to blog Phaleristica on Twitter:

"1952 was the first year that women were allowed to receive Swedish orders. Instead of knights, they became members. From 2023, women will also become knights of the Swedish orders."

https://twitter.com/phaleristica/sta...CzoeSVhqstAAAA
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-16-2023, 06:31 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 1,022
The Royal Orders has released a website https://kungligmajestatsorden.se/

The website contains some new information and pictures. For instance are The Statutes of the Orders published. It is also confirmed women will become Knights, bot members (that is new appointments as of 2023). The sash of the Order of the Polar Star will once again be black, replacing the blue/yellow sash introduced in 1975.

Information about the process is explained, and that the Orders are awarded by the King in extraordinary Chapters of the Royal Orders. The insignas will be handed over at a ceremony at the Royal Palace, or at a Swedish Embassy for those living abroad.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royals on Coins, Medals Etc RoyalistRiley Royal Ceremony and Protocol 12 03-08-2023 06:21 AM
Spanish Royal Orders and Medals linda85 Royal Family of Spain 32 10-04-2021 01:18 PM
Royal Romanian Orders, Decorations and Medals Lord Rossmore The Royal Family of Romania 33 06-04-2021 12:15 PM
Medals For Everyday Attire? Aleviate Royal Ceremony and Protocol 14 06-19-2019 09:21 AM




Popular Tags
#rashidmrm abdullah ii abolished monarchies africa america arcadie claret bevilacqua caribbean charles iii claret current events danish royal family death denmark duarte pio edward vii elizabeth ii emperor naruhito empress masako espana fallen empires garsenda genealogy grace kelly harry history hobbies hollywood house of gonzaga identifying jordan royal family king charles king philippe lady pamela hicks mall coronation day matrilineal monaco monarchy movies need help new zealand; cyclone gabrielle official visit order of precedence pamela mountbatten portugal preferences prince christian princess of orange queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde republics restoration royal initials royal wedding royal without thrones silk spanish history state visit state visit to france state visit to germany switzerland tiaras visit wine glass woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises