The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 09-17-2021, 08:43 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Shake things up in a good or bad way...?
No idea. The Court has wanted a review of the royal finances for years. It's been common knowledge since the fifties that both Gustav VI Adolf and Princess Sibylla had to add private funds to the appanage to keep the organisation going something that has continued under the current king. The pandemic year have proven how financially vulnerable the court is since much of its activities are dependent on revenues from visitors and rents. From what I've heard Djurgården and the royal privilege over it especially has been given a very thorough looking into.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-17-2021, 09:05 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 8,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
No idea. The Court has wanted a review of the royal finances for years. It's been common knowledge since the fifties that both Gustav VI Adolf and Princess Sibylla had to add private funds to the appanage to keep the organisation going something that has continued under the current king. The pandemic year have proven how financially vulnerable the court is since much of its activities are dependent on revenues from visitors and rents. From what I've heard Djurgården and the royal privilege over it especially has been given a very thorough looking into.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Royals Community mobile app

I read in the Finance section of the Royal Court website that the revenue from the Royal Djurgården either matches or exceeds the total amount of the state apanage (I can't remember the exact figure). It would be a big blow to the Court finances then if the State took that over.


On the other hand, unlike what happens to most of the royal palaces, I understand that the Court, through the Djurgården Administration Office, pays directly for the maintenance of public buildings inside the Royal Djurgården itself. If the State takes that over, I suppose it will have to start footing the maintenance bills too.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-17-2021, 10:55 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I read in the Finance section of the Royal Court website that the revenue from the Royal Djurgården either matches or exceeds the total amount of the state apanage (I can't remember the exact figure). It would be a big blow to the Court finances then if the State took that over.


On the other hand, unlike what happens to most of the royal palaces, I understand that the Court, through the Djurgården Administration Office, pays directly for the maintenance of public buildings inside the Royal Djurgården itself. If the State takes that over, I suppose it will have to start footing the maintenance bills too.
Djurgården and other properties in Stockholm that belongs to that administration has been making headlines for years because of alleged shadiness when it comes to who gets to live there and how much they pay for the privilege. It's going to be interesting to see what the inquiry has to say about it. Generally every attempt by the state to regulate the royal family and the court (Line of succession, the Guadalupe fund etc...) has resulted in an eventual backlash against the latter with the politicians pretending that it's raining.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-19-2022, 10:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 998
The Government's Proposition on the revised Order System snd the Public Flag Days was today handed over to the Riksdag. The MPs have until May 4th to write motions before it is handled in the Constitional Committe and after that in the Chamber.

No major (or none) changes from what we already know:
https://riksdagen.se/sv/dokument-lag...och-de_H903232

Sent from my SM-A725F using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-15-2022, 07:06 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,198
The Swedish Parliament voted to approve the proposed reformed Royal order system. The proposition was approved with the votes 274 for, 23 against with 52 members of parliament absent from the vote. This means that the Order of Vasa and Order of the Sword are to be reinstated and together with the Order of the Polar star will be available to be conferred on deserving Swedish citizens. The new reformed honours system will enter into force on January 1, 2023.


I don't know why the typeface of half the post looks different and I don't know how to change it?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-15-2022, 07:19 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 8,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The Swedish Parliament voted to approve the proposed reformed Royal order system. The proposition was approved with the votes 274 for, 23 against with 52 members of parliament absent from the vote. This means that the Order of Vasa and Order of the Sword are to be reinstated and together with the Order of the Polar star will be available to be conferred on deserving Swedish citizens. The new reformed honours system will enter into force on January 1, 2023.


I don't know why the typeface of half the post looks different and I don't know how to change it?
Have they published the new regulations for the awards yet, or will that come only later?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-15-2022, 10:04 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 8,310
What is the reasoning behind the new Order system? What are the major changes and why was it deemed necessary?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-15-2022, 10:18 PM
Count langley's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
What is the reasoning behind the new Order system? What are the major changes and why was it deemed necessary?


Currently orders cannot be conferred on Swedish citizens outside the royal family. The reform will allow H.M. the King to grant these honors to Swedish citizens.
__________________
Count Langley
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-16-2022, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 5,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
What is the reasoning behind the new Order system? What are the major changes and why was it deemed necessary?
I know you've already seen my answer to your question in Royal Orders and Decorations of Victoria, Daniel and the Children, and I am sorry for being unable to add any further information, but I will repost it in this thread for any readers who may not have seen the parliamentary committee's reports explaining the changes to the honors system.


The renewal of the honours system was one of the responsibilities of the same parliamentary investigation which resulted in the removal of five of the King's grandchildren from the Royal House and the forthcoming changes to the annual financial reports of the Royal House. The commission's work commenced in 2018.

The reports produced by the commission in 2021 explain the historical developments in the orders system and the rationale for the planned reforms. Although they are in Swedish, the reports include detailed summaries written in English.

https://www.regeringen.se/rattsliga-...09/sou-202174/

For additional information in English, one can read LadyFinn's and JR76's many posts about the parliamentary investigation from 2018-2022, mainly in the thread Costs and Finances of the Swedish Royal Family. The orders reform has also been discussed in Swedish Royal Orders & Medals.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The Swedish Parliament voted to approve the proposed reformed Royal order system. The proposition was approved with the votes 274 for, 23 against with 52 members of parliament absent from the vote. This means that the Order of Vasa and Order of the Sword are to be reinstated and together with the Order of the Polar star will be available to be conferred on deserving Swedish citizens. The new reformed honours system will enter into force on January 1, 2023.
Interesting. Which parties voted against or abstained?



Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see what the inquiry has to say about it. Generally every attempt by the state to regulate the royal family and the court (Line of succession, the Guadalupe fund etc...) has resulted in an eventual backlash against the latter with the politicians pretending that it's raining.
Could you tell more about the mentioned backlashes (perhaps in another thread)? I'm not familiar with those incidents.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-31-2022, 02:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 998
King Carl Gustaf will attend an extraordinary meeting with the Royal Orders on December 2nd:
https://www.kungahuset.se/mediecente...022%2F12%2F02#

No information has been shared about the meeting yet, but it's reasonable to think that the new Statues of the Royal Orders, and other practical issues concerning the revival of the dormant orders, is on the agenda.

Hopefully, more details how everything will work with new system will be shared following this meeting.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish Royal Orders and Medals linda85 Royal Family of Spain 32 10-04-2021 02:18 PM
Royal Romanian Orders, Decorations and Medals Lord Rossmore The Royal Family of Romania 33 06-04-2021 01:15 PM
Medals For Everyday Attire? Aleviate Royal Ceremony and Protocol 14 06-19-2019 10:21 AM
Royals on Coins, Medals Etc RoyalistRiley Royal Ceremony and Protocol 12 03-20-2018 06:12 PM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii africa albert prince consort all tags america arcadie claret austria braganza british royal family camilla caribbean caroline castile charles iii claret congo current events danish royal family death de la cerda denmark duchess of kent duke of cambridge elizabeth ii emperor naruhito empress masako espana garsenda genealogy grimaldi guzman history identifying india introduction ivrea jordan royal family king charles king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten maria ii matrilineal monarchy need help official visit order of precedence orleans-braganza pedro ii portugal prince albert monaco prince andrew prince charles queen camilla queen elizabeth queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration royal initials spain spanish royal family state visit switzerland visit wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises