The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2021, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Shake things up in a good or bad way...?
No idea. The Court has wanted a review of the royal finances for years. It's been common knowledge since the fifties that both Gustav VI Adolf and Princess Sibylla had to add private funds to the appanage to keep the organisation going something that has continued under the current king. The pandemic year have proven how financially vulnerable the court is since much of its activities are dependent on revenues from visitors and rents. From what I've heard Djurgården and the royal privilege over it especially has been given a very thorough looking into.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 09-17-2021, 08:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
No idea. The Court has wanted a review of the royal finances for years. It's been common knowledge since the fifties that both Gustav VI Adolf and Princess Sibylla had to add private funds to the appanage to keep the organisation going something that has continued under the current king. The pandemic year have proven how financially vulnerable the court is since much of its activities are dependent on revenues from visitors and rents. From what I've heard Djurgården and the royal privilege over it especially has been given a very thorough looking into.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Royals Community mobile app

I read in the Finance section of the Royal Court website that the revenue from the Royal Djurgården either matches or exceeds the total amount of the state apanage (I can't remember the exact figure). It would be a big blow to the Court finances then if the State took that over.

On the other hand, unlike what happens to most of the royal palaces, I understand that the Court, through the Djurgården Administration Office, pays directly for the maintenance of public buildings inside the Royal Djurgården itself. If the State takes that over, I suppose it will have to start footing the maintenance bills too.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I read in the Finance section of the Royal Court website that the revenue from the Royal Djurgården either matches or exceeds the total amount of the state apanage (I can't remember the exact figure). It would be a big blow to the Court finances then if the State took that over.

On the other hand, unlike what happens to most of the royal palaces, I understand that the Court, through the Djurgården Administration Office, pays directly for the maintenance of public buildings inside the Royal Djurgården itself. If the State takes that over, I suppose it will have to start footing the maintenance bills too.
Djurgården and other properties in Stockholm that belongs to that administration has been making headlines for years because of alleged shadiness when it comes to who gets to live there and how much they pay for the privilege. It's going to be interesting to see what the inquiry has to say about it. Generally every attempt by the state to regulate the royal family and the court (Line of succession, the Guadalupe fund etc...) has resulted in an eventual backlash against the latter with the politicians pretending that it's raining.