Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 8: Sept. 2017 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King and Queen and prince Daniel had today a meeting with representatives of The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise.
Court website
They received information about how Swedish companies are affected by the ongoing war in Ukraine. The representatives of the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
Fredrik Persson, Chairman of the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
Jacob Wallenberg, Chairman Investor
Helena Hedblom, President and CEO of Epiroc
Johan Torgeby, President and CEO of SEB
Sofie Eliasson Morsink, CEO of Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
Per Wallentin, CEO of Knowit
told that most Swedish companies can no longer operate in Ukraine and many have also chosen to close down their operations in Russia.
Kungaparet och Prins Daniel i möte med Svenskt Näringsliv _ Kungahuset

Expressen writes that next week's Sweden Dinner is especially long-awaited. Due to the corona pandemic, the Sweden Dinner has been canceled several times in recent years. This year, in addition to the royal couple, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will also participate. But Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel miss this year's dinner.
- The entire royal family would have participated, ie the royal couple, the crown princess couple and the prince couple, says Ulrika Näsholm, information secretary at the court.
- But Prince Daniel has been appointed honorary doctor at Karolinska Institutet and the Sweden Dinner unfortunately clashes this year with the graduation ceremony in Stockholm City Hall, so the Crown Princess couple will be there instead.
In the Blue Hall, the honorary doctors, including Prince Daniel, will be recognized for their efforts that in various ways have been important for Karolinska Institutet's research and education.
Kronprinsessparet missar smokingmiddag på slottet

Last edited by a moderator:
King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip were informed about Sweden's upcoming presidency of the EU during the first half of 2023, during a meeting with Secretary General Jens Granlund, EU Director Eva Sjögren and EU Minister Hans Dahlgren today, April 25:

** kungahuset: Möte på Kungl. Slottet inför Sveriges EU-ordförande*skap 2023 **

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip were informed about Sweden's upcoming presidency of the EU during the first half of 2023, during a meeting with Secretary General Jens Granlund, EU Director Eva Sjögren and EU Minister Hans Dahlgren today, April 25:

** kungahuset: Möte på Kungl. Slottet inför Sveriges EU-ordförande*skap 2023 **

Is Sweden the only European royal house which includes a "spare" in this sort of official briefing? From memory, I don't recall Benedikte or Joachim, Astrid or Märtha Louise, Elena, Margriet or Constantijn, Astrid or Laurent attending similar meetings routinely.

The King and Victoria attended today the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs at the Royal Palace.
The Council is a consultation group between the Riksdag and the Swedish Government, The King as its Chairman. The Council consists of the Speaker and nine other members from the Riksdag, together with nine deputies.
The Council meets at the invitation of the government.
Utrikesnämnd på Kungl.*Slottet _ Kungahuset

The King and Queen and the Crown Princess Couple held a diplomatic reception for ambassadors from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Laos, Mongolia, Panama, Poland and Vietnam.
Diplomat_mottagning på Kungl. Slottet _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Queen Silvia, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Princess Beatrice with husband Edoardo Mapellli Mozzi attended the Dyslexiforum (World Dyslexia Assembly Sweden) at the Royal Palace today, April 27:

** rex gallery 1 ** rex gallery 2 ** ppe gallery **

** gtresnews gallery ** anp gallery ** profimedia gallery ** dailymail article **

** svenskdam: JUST NU: Historiska bilden! Sofia med prinsessan Beatrice på slottet **

** gettyimages: SWE: Prince Carl Philip And Princess Sofia of Sweden Attends Dyslexiforum 2022 **

Last edited:
A TRUE Royal Fab Four...I love it!;)

I wondered why members of the two royal families were attending together given that they appear not to be close, but the Royal Court's article explains that the conference was jointly arranged by the Prince Couple's Foundation and the British dyslexia organization Made by Dyslexia for which Princess Beatrice is an ambassador.

https://www.kungahuset.se/arkiv/nyh...onellt-symposium-om-dyslexi-pa-kungl.-slottet

I am a bit surprised that Princess Beatrice and Edo Mapelli Mozzi are flanking the Queen in the official photographs, as unlike the Prince Couple they are not working royals representing their monarchy.

It is nice that Prince Carl Philip was able to speak from experience in his address, and I appreciate his acknowledgement that he was fortunate to have received the help and the inclusion that he did.

https://www.kungahuset.se/arkiv/tal...ilips-tal-vid--world-dyslexia-assembly-sweden

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria attend a seminar on cybersecurity at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH).
Profimedia gallery

It takes a maximum of five minutes when Viktor Engström, a student at KTH Ethical Hacking Center, shows how he hacks into an unknown mobile phone.
The king, queen and crown princess seem both surprised and terrified at how seemingly simple and vulnerable it is.
Sårbarhet och säkerhet i fokus _ KTH

Kronprinsessan & kungaparet på seminarium och cybersäkerhet - GALA magasin

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Carl Philip and Sofia at the Sweden Dinner this evening.
Profimedia gallery

Familjefest på slottet – Silvia är nattens drottning! _*Svensk Dam

The court at its website about the Sweden Dinner
The Royal Couple gave a Sweden Dinner to draw attention to people who have made significant contributions to Sweden locally, regionally or nationally. Invited guests were representatives from cultural life, business, health and medical care, education, sports and association life from Sweden's 21 counties, as well as the country's governors.
The approximately 180 guests were received and greeted by the King and Queen and the Prince and Princess in Lovisa Ulrika's dining room on the Bernadotte floor. The dinner was served at the White Sea Hall.
The king had Skåne County Governor Anneli Hulthén at the table. On his left side, the King had Rector Ylva Fältholm.
The Queen had Östergötland County Governor Carl Fredrik Graf at the table, who also gave the evening's speech of thanks. On his right side, the Queen had state epidemiologist Anders Lindblom.
Prince Carl Philip had Kronoberg County Governor Maria Arnholm at the table. On his left, the Prince had chef Stephanie Pascalle Verstift.
Princess Sofia had Kalmar County Governor Peter Sandwall at the table. On his right side, the Princess had head of research Mikael Dolsten.
Kungaparet gav Sverige_middag för att upp_märk__samma svenska insatser _ Kungahuset

The guest list
Gästlista Sverigemiddag 29 april 2022 _ Kungahuset

Video at court Facebook
Kungahuset - Sverigemiddag på Kungl. Slottet _ Facebook

Legion-Media gallery

Video from Sweden Dinner by SPA

https://www.kungahuset.se/arkiv/nyh...onellt-symposium-om-dyslexi-pa-kungl.-slottet

I am a bit surprised that Princess Beatrice and Edo Mapelli Mozzi are flanking the Queen in the official photographs, as unlike the Prince Couple they are not working royals representing their monarchy.

Well, Beatrice and her husband were "guests of honour" of the swedish royal family, so to speak, and, after all, she is the granddaughter of a worldwide royal icon.
What surprised me more was that Beatrice, as a "minor" british Princess, born to the system, just sat down before The Queen of Sweden did. I might be wrong but my feeling was Queen Silvia looked a bit puzzled for a second or so, too.

Also interesting to hear Pr. Carl Philip very formally adressing his wife as "Princess Sophia" while in other royal houses it is just "my wife" or the 1st name ("Catherine and I...."). But I think the otherwise very relaxed scandinavian monarchies are much more formal comparing to Britain or other continental monarchies when it comes to formal dressing, orders and titles.

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and Crown princess Victoria attend this evening at the Swedish Olympic Committee's reception at the Stockholm City Hall. The Olympic troops from Tokyo and Beijing are celebrated by the Swedish Olympic Committee.
On the right Mats Årjes, President of the Swedish Olympic Committee.
Pic 1
Pic 2
TT Nyhetsbyrån gallery

Photos by SPA
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7

Imago-Images gallery

The Swedish Olympic heroes from both Tokyo and Beijing were hailed in Stockholm City Hall. The royal couple and Crown Princess Victoria were among the guests - along with medalists from the two games. Biathlete Elvira Öberg said that she probably never been to something this nice before. She hadn't met the king before and said that it will be exciting.
Ski cross-country skier Sandra Näslund said that to be celebrated by the royal family is very big and it will be very nice to be here and celebrate with everyone else.
Guldglitter och glans på OS-stjärnornas gala

Kungaparet och Kron_prinsessan firade svenska OS-hjältar - GALA magasin

Good photos at the Royal Court's article
Victoria with swimmer Sarah Sjöström, who is Generation Pep's Pep Ambassador.
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18...KRPP_Olympiska_foto_Henrik_Kindgren_SOK-2.jpg
Kungaparet och Kronprinsessan deltog i firandet av svenska olympier _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Video by SPA from the Olympic Committee's Reception
Arriving

Last edited:
Queen Silvia and Carl Philip are at the Circus in Stockholm to see the Kyiv Grand Ballet's performance of Giselle. They were welcomed by Ukrainian Ambassador Andrij Plachotnjuk. The ambassador's wife Viktoriia Plachotnjuk sits beside Carl Philip. Behind queen Silvia is her lady-in-waiting Harriet Bredelius.
Profimedia gallery

Photos by SPA
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Dansföreställning med Kyiv Grand Ballet _ Kungahuset

Drottningen och prins Carl Philip på dansföreställning - GALA magasin

Ukrainian prima ballerina Kateryna Kukhar posted this photo with queen Silvia and Carl Philip to her Facebook
"16 cities of Norway are already behind and the next country of the charity tour in support of Ukraine - Sweden.
Yesterday the Queen of Sweden - Sylvia and Prince Carl Philip visited our show of solidarity.
We are very grateful for your help and support! Swedish Royal Family has been supporting our country for a long time and continues to do so especially now!
The people of Sweden have fully shared our feelings and once again convinced that Ukraine is about courage, freedom and a bright future!
We believe in it!"
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...DB-6yZ6GQWaxOPyMhx1sQi8FpmufA3Z6w&oe=62819437

According to the calendar, King Carl Gustaf and prince Daniel visit KTH Innovation on Monday 16th May.

Also interesting to hear Pr. Carl Philip very formally adressing his wife as "Princess Sophia" while in other royal houses it is just "my wife" or the 1st name ("Catherine and I...."). But I think the otherwise very relaxed scandinavian monarchies are much more formal comparing to Britain or other continental monarchies when it comes to formal dressing, orders and titles.

I completely agree with you. I am not sure why the Scandinavian monarchies are often depicted as "bicycling monarchies" in comparison to the British monarchy by English-speaking royal watchers, as the Scandinavian monarchies seem in my eyes to be more formal, ceremonial and traditional overall. Frankly, I think that at times the debatable claim that the British monarchy is more formal and traditional than other European monarchies is used as a shield to defend its more outdated or negative aspects.

According to the calendar, King Carl Gustaf and prince Daniel visit KTH Innovation on Monday 16th May.

Have the King and Prince Daniel previously held any joint engagements with only the two of them?

Either way, it is nice to see it happen.

Have the King and Prince Daniel previously held any joint engagements with only the two of them?

Either way, it is nice to see it happen.

Yes, at least in April 2012 they attended together at The King's Foundation Ungt Ledarskap - Young Leadership's seminar. And in June 2012 they attended together at the opening of CellMax Technologies new antenna lab and research facility.

Former Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt about the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs
"Historic day of decisions for Sweden. First meeting of the all-party Royal Advisory Council under chairmanship of the King. It has to be consulted. Then for the first time since February 24th also debate in parliament. And of course government decision to apply for @nato membership."

After attending with Victoria at the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs King Carl Gustaf and Daniel visited KTH Innovation. At the center of entrepreneurship at KTH (The Royal Institute of Technology) is KTH Innovation, providing world-class support for new ideas from students, researchers and employees.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The Royal Court about the visit
The visit began with a conversation about the conditions in Sweden for new knowledge and new ideas to be translated into innovations and entrepreneurship. The King and Daniel received a presentation of three research-based startups from KTH. The afternoon at KTH ended with the King and Daniel talking to the company representatives.
Kungen och Prins Daniel på Kungl. Tekniska högskolan _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Nice to see the King and Prince Daniel doing an engagement together, I hope it will happen more often.

I have seen the photo of Carl Bildt on my twitter feed today as well, what a moment was marked with this picture. After so many years of neutrality the Russians managed to make Finland and Sweden join the transatlantic alliance.

I have seen the photo of Carl Bildt on my twitter feed today as well, what a moment was marked with this picture. After so many years of neutrality the Russians managed to make Finland and Sweden join the transatlantic alliance.

Yes, these last months have been strange, for me as a Finn also. Last year I thought that Finland would not join Nato during my lifetime. And here we are now.

King Carl Gustaf was interviewe when he arrived to the visit to KTH:
- We have had an Advisory Council on the Foreign Affairs today where the government has had the opportunity to share and discuss the issue with various party leaders. It has been an interesting and good meeting, the King said.
Was it an expected decision?
- It's been a long time coming. This situation has come close to us. It's inconvenient.
Tomorrow's visit by the Finnish President, what can come out?
- It can be very exciting. This visit has been planned for many years, but has unfortunately been postponed due to the pandemic. But now we have planned this, it will be very nice. It's a reunion, the President has visited here before and we have met several times. He has a lot of initiated and interesting things we can discuss, it will certainly be exciting.
Will both countries submit their applications for NATO membership at the same time?
- We will see that in time. The negotiations are ongoing all the time.
Photos of the King and Daniel in KTH, by SPA.

KTH Innovation at its website:
How research can be transformed into innovations and new companies was the theme when HM King Carl XVI Gustaf & HRH Prince Daniel visited KTH Innovation.
KTH Innovation arranged a roundtable discussion to tell about our work, what the conditions are for new innovations in Sweden, and what is important when bringing new technology to the market. Present were King Carl XVI Gustaf, Prince Daniel, KTH's Rector Sigbritt Karlsson, Head of KTH Innovation Lisa Ericsson, and Philip von Segebaden, Head of Development Office.
- It was extremely fun to have the King and Prince Daniel visit. They are very interested in how research results are translated into benefit in society and had very interesting questions and thoughts about how it works in practice. So we have had a crash course in research commercialization, you could say, says Lisa Ericsson.
Kungen och Prins Daniel besökte KTH Innovation _ KTH

Kungen och prins Daniel besökte Kungl. Tekniska högskolan - GALA magasin

Last edited:
Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria arrived to Helsingborg to attend at events at the H22 City Expo. Victoria is the official patron of the H22 City Expo.
They attend together in the morning at seminar "The dementia-friendly city - seminar on an inclusive city" at Clarion Hotell SeaU. The seminar is organized in connection of the H22 City Expo by BoKlok and Silviahemmet Foundation.
Photos by SPA

Queen Silvia said at her speech at the seminar among other things:
"I am so happy to be here in beautiful Helsingborg and to have the opportunity to visit this exciting city fair, H22 City Expo. And it feels especially fun to be here with the Crown Princess, who is the fair's official patron. (...)
Building a dementia-friendly society is entirely possible. But it requires awareness, knowledge and cooperation. And it requires someone to go first! It is therefore with great pleasure that I visit SilviaBo Skrabelycke today - dementia-adapted apartments that have been created through collaboration between three disciplines: dementia knowledge, interior design and housing construction."
H.M. Drottningens inledningsanförande vid seminariet Den demensvänliga staden _ Kungahuset

Legion-Media gallery
Legion-Media gallery

The queen and Victoria attend together also at the official inauguration of the H22 City Expo at 16.00. Victoria inaugurates the Expo.
Victoria visits alone Recolab and attends UN Conference, H22 +50 Session. Queen Silvia attends alone the inauguration of SilviaBo and a dementia-friendly walkway and the inauguration of the Garden of Memories and Knowledge.

Victoria said at her inauguration speech among other things:
"It feels very fun to be here today to inaugurate the H22 City Expo with you.
I also have the great privilege today to be here with my mother, the Queen, and I know that she is as happy as I am to experience your beautiful city in early summer attire.
Helsingborg has a special place in my family's history - and in our hearts. The summer memories from Sofiero Castle run like a red thread through my family. Beautiful Sofiero, who my great-great-great-grandfather, then Crown Prince Oskar, and his wife Sofia of Nassau moved into 156 years ago. (...)
You citizens of Helsingborg have shown an impressive concentration of power with H22 and really showed the ability to drive change. It is a strength for your city that you should be proud of.
Just like the previous large fairs here in Helsingborg, the H22 City Expo reflects both the present and the future. I am convinced that this fair will also leave strong memories, and contribute to a positive development - for Helsingborg, Sweden and the world."
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans tal vid invigning av H22 City Expo _ Kungahuset

The queen and Victoria at the inauguration
Pic 1
Pic 2
https://bildix.mmcloud.se/bildix/ap...-bca4-d7d76932ca4b.jpeg?fit=crop&w=1200&h=630
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=386057040230482&set=a.209080771261444
https://bildix.mmcloud.se/bildix/ap...8-8a3e-bf92b2a6d2c9.jpeg?fit=crop&w=980&h=551

Victoria på uppdrag med mamma Silvia – och alla ser samma sak! _*Svensk Dam
Drottningen och Kronprinsessan besökte Helsingborg - GALA magasin

SPA's video of queen Silvia and Victoria in Helsingborg on 31st May.

“Stockholm+50: a healthy planet for the prosperity of all – our responsibility, our opportunity” (Stockholm+50) will take place five decades after the 1972 United Nations Conference on the Human Environment. The event will provide leaders with an opportunity to draw on 50 years of multilateral environmental action to achieve the bold and urgent action needed to secure a better future on a healthy planet.
About _ Stockholm+50

With UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-antonio-and-picture-id1241051015?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-antonio-and-picture-id1241050828?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...f-sweden-and-picture-id1241049846?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ent-uhuru-un-picture-id1241050166?s=2048x2048

His Majesty Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden kicks off the #Stockholm50 Commemorative Moment, reminding us that we have the tools to make a healthier planet, and now is the time to use them

Fifty years since we first acknowledged the impact of development on the environment. “But we we don’t have another fifty years to turn development around” said King Carl Gustav of Sweden

Commemorative Moment dedicated to the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment, held here in Stockholm from 5-16 June 1972.
“We do not have 50 more years to turn development around. The time is running out” ~ His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf

H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf reminds us that in 1972 thick, black smoke from industry was considered a sign of progress & proseperity. Not anymore

At #Stockholm+50 : The King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf: “You have the knowledge, you have the tools. Now, make it happen”

https://twitter.com/Utrikesdep/status/1532279923678883840
https://twitter.com/SwedeninSA/status/1532278515629948928
https://twitter.com/World_FoodForum/status/1532276766940844032

The King said at his speech among other things:
"Fifty years ago, on June fifth in 1972, the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment opened here in Stockholm, on invitation of the Swedish government. I was a young Crown Prince back then, and I attended the opening ceremony at the Royal Opera house together with my grandfather, King Gustaf Adolf.
Today, I am a grandfather myself. And I am very pleased to be here, at Stockholm +50, with my daughter, Crown Princess Victoria! (...)
For me, personally, the Conference was a starting point for a life long commitment to issues relating to the environment and nature conservation. An interest that I am pleased to share with my daughter, the Crown Princess, Advocate Emerita of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals."
The speech
H.M. Konungens tal vid FN-konferensen Stockholm +50 _ Kungahuset

Abdulla Shahid, President of the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly, posted photos to his Twitter
"Honoured to have an audience with H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf, & Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Victoria.
Commended the Swedish leadership on environment conservation & #climateaction."
https://twitter.com/UN_PGA/status/1532311015370674184?cxt=HHwWkMCyyf-v7sMqAAAA

Court website, with good photos
Kungen och Kronprinsessan vid miljökonferensen Stockholm*+50 _ Kungahuset

Photos by SPA
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and Carl Philip attended yesterday the unveiling of the memorial stone on the occasion of the Swedish Navy's 500th anniversary. There was a parade with Swedish warships, speeches were given and the king unveiled the stone.
The King and Carl Philip were accompanied by Lieutenant general Jan Salestrand, the Chief of H.M.The King's Military Staff. The Chief of Navy, read admiral Ewa Skoog Haslum (Victoria's former aide-de-camp), attended also the event.
The King was supposed to attend alone, but a couple of days ago Carl Philip was added to the court calendar to attend too.
Photos by SPA.

Kungen och prins Carl Philip vid firandet av Marinen 500 år - GALA magasin

SPA published today a video of the King and Carl Philip at the unveiling of the memorial stone on the occasion of the Swedish Navy's 500th anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom