Summer Holidays with the Swedish Royal Family: 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Solliden Sessions published this article at its website, about the royals at Lena Philipsson's and Carola's concerts.

The royals gather at Solliden Sessions
After Peter Jöback's successful premiere, the bar was set, but with artists such as Lena Philipsson and Carola next in line to step up on the solid stage, we did not have to be directly worried about the sequel either. During the sold-out evenings and with royalty in the audience, fantastic concerts worthy of the surroundings have been offered. Lena Philipsson attracted both the King and Queen who, together with Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle and Princess Madeleine and family, enjoyed a wonderful evening.
In addition, almost the entire royal family joined when it was time for Carola to sing, the day before the Crown Princess' birthday.
Kungligheterna samlas på Solliden Sessions - Solliden Sessions

Svensk Damtidning has photos of the Crown Princess family visiting ICA market in Loftahammar yesterday.

The Crown Princess family has left Öland for a boat holiday!
Victoria and her family have gone on holiday in the archipelago. On Sunday, they visited ICA market in Loftahammar.
ICA customer Jean Modin tells to Svensk Damtidning that everyone was there, Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar with an AIK t-shirt.
Loftahammar in Västervik municipality has 800 inhabitants. And even though it is not every day you see royalty, the customers in the store were respectful of royalty.
Was there a big fuss in the store?
- No! I don't think so many people understood that it was them. I heard Victoria's voice and saw that it was a bunch of people in the wrong place, so I thought why are they standing here? But it was the guards.
Victoria was cool as usual, among other things she chatted with an older woman in the shop.
- She is super nice, says Jean.
She didn't see exactly what the royals were buying, but they had a shopping cart. Outside, Rio was barking a little.
- Oscar held his father's hand, and I almost didn't recognize Estelle if I am to be honest, she has become so big!
Kronprinsessan på hemlig båtsemester – vi har bilden! _*Svensk Dam

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia, and Carl Philip, Sofia and Julian attend this evening at Lisa Nilsson's first concert in Solliden Sessions. Carl Philip and Sofia arrived a little later than the king and queen. Lisa Nilsson has another concert tomorrow.
Kungaparet på Lisa Nilsson – se de nya bilderna här! _*Svensk Dam

Lisa Nilsson
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050011S16273681252059483

Sofia left the concert when it started to rain.
- There was a risk that it would start to rain. I appreciate that they nevertheless took the risk of getting here. I thought that was great, Lisa Nilsson says.
The royal family has a long and strong feeling for Lisa Nilsson. Among other things, they wanted Lisa to sing at Prince Bertil's funeral service in the Castle Church, Stockholm Castle in 1997.
- I have met them before, but it was nice to see them again. Always fun with nice visits, says the singer.
The king and queen came first to the concert. When it had started, Carl Philip and Sofia also went there, but the princess later withdrew when the rain threatened.
- It was a completely magical evening and Lisa was fantastic. I have seen her a number of times, but this was her absolute best concert, says producer Patrik Krall.
Kungafamiljens besök på Solliden uppskattades av Lisa Nilsson_ ”Tycker det var flott”
Kungen gör repris på sopsäcken – se bilderna här! _*Svensk Dam

Lisa Nilsson sang also at Victoria and Daniel's pre-wedding concert:

Last edited:
Does the King always wear maroon (?) slacks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos by SPA of the king and queen at Lisa Nilsson's concert on Monday 26th July, they were welcomed by Patrik Krall from Krall Entertainment, the organizer of the concerts.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Halva sommaren kvar! - Solliden Sessions

Carl Philip, Sofia and children at Solliden today.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR8-Yi7qDY_/

Gorgeous photo at Generation Pep's Facebook:
Hello,
Great that summer is here! This summer, our family will be outdoors as much as we can. We will cycle, swim and play outdoors.
Something we have noticed is that the children quickly become very creative and come up with fun games as soon as we go out. So staying outdoors is probably our best tip for creating joy of movement for our children!
Hope you have a nice and active summer
Greetings
Victoria & Daniel

Great to see that the Crown Princess family is involved in Generation Pep's work also during the summer.

Playing sports with dad Daniel seems to be one of Estelle and Oscar's favorite activities during the summer holidays.
In a new picture, they are seen posing together with a football, and in a summer greeting, the others are encouraged to play outdoors.
The picture was posted on the Crown Princess couple's organization Generation Pep's Facebook page on Friday. Generation Pep is a non-profit organization that works for the health of children and young people, among other things by disseminating knowledge and supporting schools. The goal is to increase physical activity and improve the eating habits of children and young people.
Nya bilden på Estelle –*uppmuntrar till utomhusaktivitet

Magical photo! Daniel, Oscar and Estelle charm everyone!
As you know, Daniel is our sports prince and is particularly involved in children's health, young people should be active, is the motto.
And to move, this also applies to the crown princess family's children. It will be clear with the new picture!
Daniels nya bild på Oscar och Estelle charmar alla! _*Svensk Dam

I know people are going to yell at me but I wish they would cut those boys hair. Looks scraggly and unkempt.

I know people are going to yell at me but I wish they would cut those boys hair. Looks scraggly and unkempt.

I mean, their hair is just long? Doubt a cut would be suggested if they were girls.

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf visits today the traditional Enthusiast Vehicle Exhibition at Solliden, he inaugurated it.
Solliden - Borgholm, Ruotsi - Paikallinen yritys _ Facebook

The king took photos
https://gramho.com/media/2630737629912183215

https://gramho.com/media/2630700930532706899

After a year break, the Enthusiast Vehicle Exhibition at Solliden Palace is back and will break a record with 400 vehicles. Several highlights are promised.
https://imengine.gota.infomaker.io/...crop_w=1.000&crop_h=0.998&function=cropresize
Rekord hos kungen_ 400 fordon ställs ut på Solliden – ”Det blir en höjdare”

King Carl Gustav out first in his Mustang from Solliden, nice conversation with the King and invited HM to James Bond 007 Museum Nybro Sweden
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSCjzOIF68K/?utm_medium=twitter

Carola published a video from her concert at Solliden Sessions and wrote "Prince Daniel's favorite: 'No hideaway, for the runaway!" (Carola's hit "Runaway")
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR5rjI_h6Wd

Carola, Daniel and the King
https://image.svenskdam.se/sdluqlzr...28915663&width=1600&height=840&compression=80

Last edited:
Aftonbladet had yesterday an article about the royal family and Öland, it is a paywall article. I found this information of the article:

Journalist Lotta Reberg at her Instagram:
"Gotland has its Stockholmers and its own governor. But Öland has the royal family. For 75 years, the King has returned there several times a year. First as a baby, then a coveted bachelor and then with his family. At this point, the family knows the island. Here they can live everyday life, shop in ICA and at Pelles' in the market square. The King and Queen have also shopped at flea markets on the way down to the southern cape. And the islanders have a special relationship with the royal family, and vice versa. Today I have a four-page article in Aftonbladet about the royal life on the island."
https://gramho.com/media/2630629282489875341

Öland - an eternal oasis for the royal family

Svensk Damtidning tells that Daniel has been playing padel frequently at Padel Arena Borgholm, which is only a few minutes from Solliden Palace by car. The new arena is one of the most modern in Sweden.
The other day he took a padel lesson with coach Stefan Wilson and he plans to take more.
Daniel discovered the popular sport already in 2019 when he participated in the event "Move for fun" on Öland. In an interview with Aftonbladet, he has acknowledged his interest.
- I try to play it a couple of times a week.
Svensk Damtidning also claims that Daniel and Victoria have a competition, the couple will find out who is really the best at padel.
Daniels rivalitet med Victoria – så tänker han vinna _*Svensk Dam

Artist Lill Lindfors (81) had a concert in Solliden Sessions on Tuesday 3rd August, the first for her in a year and a half.
No one in the royal family could attend Lill's performance. She, on the other hand, is far from a stranger to the royal family.
- They sent me a cute message. Unfortunately they could not come but it was thoughtful that they wrote to me, Lill says.
Lill Lindfors and her husband Anders Byström are registered on Öland and have a farm in Löttorp. They are quite often at Solliden to visit the exhibitions, the Kaffetorpet or because Lill Lindfors has an audience with the royal family.
ÖLAND_ Lill Lindfors första turné sedan pandemin

Lill Lindfors hosted the concert on queen Silvia's 70th birthday.

Last edited:
Solliden Palace at its Facebook:
In connection with our Garden days, the King and Queen handed out diplomas to all participants in this year's Themed Gardens Exhibition. Lotta Sjöberg, Gunnel Carlson and Karin Fransson were present while @karlfredrik.se who was busy with TV recording, participated digitally.
This year's exhibition is about greenhouses, these lovely rooms in the garden that are not only a place for cultivation but also for recreation, creativity and socializing. The four famous profiles that inspire visitors by having decorated each greenhouse in their very own unique way.
The exhibition is carried out in collaboration with @classicum.se and will remain in the park until 3 October.
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- Hasselfors Garden
- Beijer Bygg in Borgholm
- Nybloms Papper
- SIA Glass
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSUUTddsV4E/?utm_source=ig_embed

Svensk Damtidning writes that Madeleine met Louise "Lussan" Thott, Gustav Thott and their son Alexis (Madeleine's godson) in Solliden.
And Svensk Damtidning "knows" that Madeleine is planning an bigger reunion, a dinner in Stockholm, for her friends. Exactly who will come has not been determined, but it is believed to be people from Madeleine's closest circle. In addition to Lussan, Lovisa de Geer, Katarina von Horn, Sofi Fahrman, Natalie Werner, Ellen Dinkelspiel, Lina Tham von Heidenstam, Louise Cronstedt, Veronica Arph, Isabelle Brummer Lewenhaupt and Emma Pernald.
Madeleines hemliga middag med Carl Philips ex _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Last edited:
Artist Hasse "Kvinnaböske" Andersson and his wife Monika Forsberg love gardening and they participated at Solliden Palace's "Themed Gardens" competition in 2018 with their garden. They won the Visitors' Award.
Hasse Andersson and Monika Forsberg told at their interview at Svensk Damtidning some weeks ago that queen Silvia came and talked with them, when they were working at their garden at Solliden. They say that queen Silvia is such a warm and nice person, and that she told that Estelle and Leonore used to come there to the Themed Gardens and water the flowers before the visitors arrived. There were small watering cans there that the children could use. Hasse and Monika have been inspired by Queen Silvia, the queen has fuchsias in a beautiful, high iron arch in Solliden. Hasse and Monika have geraniums and petunias.

Both Svensk Damtidning and Expressen have written how Carl Philip and Sofia and Madeleine and Chris and their children all stay at Kavaljershuset during their stay in Solliden.
The director of the press department Margareta Thorgren could not reveal to Expressen what the royal family's summer plans are. However, she says that the family will traditionally be on Öland to celebrate Crown Princess Victoria's birthday on 14 July.
Prinsparets okända sommarhus - gamla mötesplatsen

Svensk Damtidning writes that according to their information, the whole royal family is now at Solliden celebrating Midsummer.
- They celebrate privately. But it will be a traditional midsummer celebration, Margareta Thorgren says.
For parts of the royal family, the summer holidays have also just begun. Victoria will continue to work for a while. From Tuesday to Wednesday, she be for two intense days at the UN Ocean Conference in Lisbon, Portugal.
Kungafamiljens privata midsommar – så firar de! _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Margareta Thorgren told to Svensk Damtidning that Chris O'Neill has to go to USA during the summer, and he will not attend Victoria's birthday concert.
- Chris tries to be part of this as much as he can, but now he unfortunately can not be because he will be in the USA to work a couple of days, unfortunately, confirms Margareta Thorgren.
When will Chris O'Neill leave Sweden?
- I do not know, they are together now, but he will have to go there due to his work.
Chockbeskedet_ Chris väljer bort Victoria _*Svensk Dam

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Carl Philip, Sofia, Alexander and Gabriel have been seen on the King's boat Polaris in Sainte-Maxime, so they have been at Villa Mirage.
Sofias och Carl Philips lyxsemester i St Tropez _*Svensk Dam
https://image.svenskdam.se/mega8738...=8600703&width=1600&height=838&compression=80
https://image.svenskdam.se/mega8738...oph=100&width=1600&height=1068&compression=80
https://image.svenskdam.se/11-86006...oph=100&width=1600&height=1068&compression=80

Yesterday the swedish press published a story:
TV-profile Fredrik Wikingsson had taken his place at the front of SAS's flight from Nice to Stockholm when he was suddenly asked to move further back in the plane. The reason: King Carl XVI Gustaf wanted to sit in Fredrik's place. This could be seen at the video Wikingsson posted to his Instagram.
Fredrik Wikingsson laughs out loud that the video has been spread and says to Aftonbladet:
- I do not know how it goes when the royal couple travels in normal cases, but I guess they always have some kind of priority on the front row to avoid going through the whole cabin. But I must also have some kind of priority because this time I ended up in place 1F while SAS had placed the king in line 3, he says.
Was it the onboard staff who asked you to move or one of the king's guards?
- No, one of the king's friends asked if I could imagine exchanging places with the king.
When did this happen?
- I had sat down and then one of the king's friends came and sat down next to me and said something like: "The king is on his way on board, do you want to change seats with him?" I sat there completely in my own world and just: "What did you say?". It is perhaps clear that the king did not step in first, so then they wanted to investigate the possibility of that.
Här behöver tv-profilen byta plats på flyget för kungen

The King came to his meeting with prime minister Magdalena Andersson yesterday.

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill enjoy their holidays in St. Tropez

https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/m...yxlunch-med-nara-vannerna-i-st-tropez/8603662

They are again with Adrienne's godmother Natalie Werner and her husband Dag Werner. They were with them in St. Tropez also in 2016 and 2017. Madeleine was Natalie's bridesmaid at her wedding.
https://image.svenskdam.se/1-8603854.jpg?imageId=8603854&width=1600&height=838&compression=80

On Thursday Madeleine will be in Frankfurt, Germany, with a work event with World Childhood Foundation.

This evening is the first concert of Solliden Sessions this summer. Lisa Nilsson has her concert today.
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia are at the concert, with their friends singer Lill Lindfors and her husband Anders Byström.
Lill Lindfors and Anders Byström live on Öland. Anders Byström is a member of the board of Sollidens Slott AB.
https://imengine.gota.infomaker.io/...crop_w=1.000&crop_h=1.000&function=cropresize

Profimedia gallery

Kungen och drottningen på konsert - Victoria syns inte till _*Svensk Dam

Photos by SPA, the man sitting behind the king and queen is obviously the King's aide-de-camp.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Lisa Nilsson posted to her Instagram:
"What a day! Tour of Solliden in the beautiful gardens and the fantastic exhibition with art installations by @susanne_demone, premiere night for @sollidensessions with our concert "Duo in good times and bad", fine visit by the royal couple and Lill Lindfors & Anders, and a wonderful audience with lots emotions, laughter and singing! Pictures in selection, swipe: Meeting with the royal couple and Lill, concert, Solliden walk which ended with a parade together with Susanne's "Hondjävlar" and the very tired resting angel .. So very nice in one day. Thanks to everyone who came and contributed in different ways, thanks @krall_entertainment @missssssofie @asanathell and thanks @winthermattias for the great sound! (For occasional reason: My floral stage dress is sewn at @camillathulindesign)
https://gramhir.com/media/2876696759978871388

Last year's Solliden Sessions had a maximum limit of 500 in the audience, where everyone could sit. Now the event can take in 800 people, and even standing audiences.
Queen Silvia and Lisa Nilsson
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/2c/bf/2cbfd0f45a354dfab06c999aeda78eb5/16x9/1280@60.jpg
Lisa Nilsson uppträdde under premiären av ”Solliden Sessions”

Lisa Nilsson sjöng för kungaparet - och Lill Lindfors - GALA magasin

Lisa Nilsson told to Svensk Damtidning about the meeting with the King and Queen after her concert.
Lisa says that the king and queen came and Lill Lindfors also with her husband. It was fun to meet them all. Parts of the royal family were there last year too. It was a dear reunion, you could say.
This is not the first time Lisa has met the royal family. The first time she was 19 years old. She thinks it's not quite as nervous anymore (Lisa is 51 years now). Now it feels safe, they have fun and the royals laugh and they wave!
Lisa says that it feels honoring and nice that the king and queen take the time to come here. It shows that this is what they care about. That they care about artists. So there's something every time.
A real highlight for Lisa was, after all, the meeting with Lill Lindfors who kept the royals company during the evening. Lisa says that Lill is one of Sweden's biggest and oldest stars now. Lisa is so glad Lill had time to come. It was a great moment that they all had a chat there.
Lisa Nilsson efter framträdandet framför kungafamiljen _*Svensk Dam

According to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine and Chris attended in St. Tropez at the party organized by Nils Tham. Nils Tham's mother is Lottie Tham, sister of Stefan Persson, main owner of H&M.
Nils Tham is one of Sweden's youngest billionaires. He and Félice Jankell are getting married this summer and have a child together.
Madeleine is a good friend of the Tham brothers.
It is unclear whether Carl Philip and Sofia were also present to enjoy a festive evening.
Chris & Madeleine på hemlig miljardärsfest hos Thorsten Flincks svärson _*Svensk Dam

Solliden Sessions about the first concert
Yesterday, June 6, this year's Solliden Sessions finally started. It was a sunny and fantastic premiere night with Lisa Nilsson on stage. Together with her guitarist, she offered stories from life, laughter, recognition and above all lovely music.
Premiär med Lisa Nilsson - Solliden Sessions

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and Estelle attended at a concert of Magnus Uggla, Miss Lee and Petter at Borgholm Castle this evening.

The event was sold out, there were 4,500 people in the audience. Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were in the VIP area and applauded in the songs.
Kronprinsessan Victoria med familj på Miss Li konsert på Öland

You can see them in the "VIP-area"
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/2d/3c/2d3cf3b695fd4f05becd85d9f8971296/16x9/1280@60.jpg

More photos from the yesterday's concert at Borgholm Castle
ANP Foto

Back
Top Bottom