State Visit from Turkey to Sweden: March 11-13, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A preliminary and short programme for the state visit from Turkey (March 11-13) has been announced from the Swedish government. The visit will take place in Stockholm and Uppsala.

Monday, March 11th:
*Cortege from the Royal Mews (11:40 CET) to the Royal Palace. Official welcome ceremony at the Inner Court Yard.
*Private luncheon at the Royal Palace hosted by the King and Queen. The Crown Princess, Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip will also attend.
*The Swedish Minister for Finance, Mr. Anders Borg, hosts a luncheon at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Turkish delegation.
*President Gül meet the Speaker of the Parliament, Mr. Per Westerberg, and representativs of the political parties. President Gül will deliver a speech at the Riksdag.
*President Gül meet Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, with following press conference.
*State banquet at the Royal Palace hosted by the King and Queen. The Crown Princess, Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip will also attend.

Tuesday, March 12th:
*Reception and concert hosted the Turkish Presidential Couple. Attended by The King, Queen, Crown Princess, Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip.

Wednesday, March 13th:
*Visit to Uppsala by the Presidential and Royal Couples.
*Visit to Uppsala University and Carolina Rediviva.
*Luncheon hosted the County Governor Peter Egardt at Uppsala Castle.
*Farewell ceremony at Stockholm-Arlanda Airport in the afternoon with the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel.

Events at unknown dates, probably Tuesday, March 12th:
*A Turkish Institute for Research in Stockholm will be opened. Attended by President Gül and the King.
*A seminar about enterprise hosted by "Business Sweden". Attended by Minister for Trade, Mrs. Ewa Björling, and Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan.

I guess a more detailed programme will be revealed, with events for the First Lady Hayrünnisa Gül at March 11th.

The link to the programme (in Swedish):
Statsbesk frn Turkiet 11-13 mars 2013

According to the Royal Court the state visit will take place as planned.

From the website of the president of Turkey, a photo and a video:
President Abdullah Gül has arrived in Sweden to pay a state visit at the invitation of King Carl XVI Gustaf.
President Abdullah Gül was welcomed by Chief of Protocol Ambassador Caroline Vicini; Turkish Ambassador to Stockholm, Zergün Korutürk; Turkish Ambassador to Helsinki, Selah Korutürk, Swedish Ambassador to Ankara, Hakan Akesson and other officials at Arlanda Airport.
Presidency of the Republic of Turkey President Gül in Sweden

From the court website:
On Monday, 11 March Turkish President Abdullah Gül arrives to Stockholm at the invitation of HM King for a three-day state visit. No changes in the program will be made on the occasion of HRH Princess Lilian's death.
Inga förändringar för statsbesöket från Turkiet - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Turkey's President Abdullah Gul and his wife Hayrünnisa Gul are seen together with King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden at the Royal Mews in Stockholm.
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22743484&pos=2
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22743479&pos=1
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22743734&pos=0
The Royal Swedish flag and the Turkish flag on half-mast in front of the Royal Palace
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22743475&pos=7

Last edited:
I wonder if the ladies will wear dark colours at the gala and if they have such dresses to wear

I see that the royal family is wearing mourning -- very appropriate. I'm wondering what they will do for the gala dinner this evening?

Gallery with bigger photos
IBL Bildbyrå

You can get the photos bigger by clicking from the left
Presentation (800px) - 800

Victoria has the same broch as on her engagment a brosch that was given earilier by prince bertil and princess lilian

Why they all in black , the royal family ?

You can tell from the pictures that all the SRF had a bad night after the passing of Princess Lilian

You can tell from the pictures that all the SRF had a bad night after the passing of Princess Lilian
I really can tell, Victoria and Daniel have both red circles around their floading with tear eyes

I suspect it will be business as usual. The royal ladies will probably be conservatively dressed, but I suspect the state dinner will be held as usual.
The state dinner will certainly be business as usual. Princess Lilian knew better than anybody what it means with royal business going forward no matter what.

Queen Silvia and First Lady Hayrünnisa Gül were welcomed with flowers by representatives of the Rinkeby Acedemy, as they arrive for a lecture at Ernest & Young n Stockholm.
APA-PictureDesk

I see that the royal family is wearing mourning -- very appropriate. I'm wondering what they will do for the gala dinner this evening?

I was wondering about that too,it will be a very sombre few days for the Royal Family.

does anybody know what time the dinner should be starting at? Or has it already started?

does anybody know what time the dinner should be starting at? Or has it already started?

Last year at the state visit of the president of Finland, the gala dinner started at 20.00 swedish time.

Terrible circumstances but I admire the family for still doing their duty. The royal ladies look lovely even in mourning attire. It's a sweet nod to Princess Lillian that Victoria wore the brooch she gave her.

Back
Top Bottom