State Visit from Romania to Sweden: March 11-12, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
TE the President and First Lady of Romania, Traian and Maria Basescu, will pay a State Visit to Sweden.

"tisdag 11/3–onsdag 12/3 Inkommande statsbesök från Rumänien, president Traian Basescu – Kungafamiljen, Kronprinsessan"

Last edited:
What is the lady-program at first day of state visit in the afternoon?

And what are the ladies doing the second day in the morning before lunch?

Victoria looks simply divine...:wub:

And I adore that hat!!!

I am impressed!
Victoria looks stunning. Her whole look is really elegant. I simply love the jacket and the hat!

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Victoria looks beautiful!

Well what can I say about Crown Princess Victoria? She looks absolutely beautiful and stunning! Her hair is lovely, both her outfit and hat is very stylish. Crown Princess Victoria in my opinion looks like a fashion icon in that outfit, one of the finest and elegant I have ever seen her in. :clap:

Thank you for the photographs everyone.

who attend the state banquet? is there guestlist?

Victoria looked every inch a queen to be. Looked lovely at the airport. She looked elegent & very nicely put together. Im not too sure what to think about the queen's hat, its an okay hat for outdoors, but indoors? I thought it looked out of place. Besides that she looked nice.
Nice begining for a visit from both sides.
Would be interesting to get the programme of the visit.

Sweden's Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt shakes hand with Romania's President Traian Basescu during a meeting in Stockholm
Reuters/Daylife

From the gala dinner:
Queen Silvia, Romanian President wiife Maria Basescu and President Traian Basescu, King Carl XVI Gustaf, Crown princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine pose for photographers before a dinner.
ANP Beeldbank

Victorias daytime outfit was really beautiful. Although I can't believe that it is warm enough in Sweden for her to be outside without a coat this time of the year. She must have been freezing.

I am not particulary fond of the hem on Silvias dress in the evening. Its really quite odd. Nor am I all that fond of Madeleines dress or for that matter Victorias.

Is it me or does Madeleine seem to have put on a bit of weight. Not that it looks bad, and not that we all need to be stick thin. In fact I'm tired of everyone thinking that princesses and women in general need to be toothpicks! But she does seem a bit more solid, for lack of a better word.

And why oh why must Victoria wear that awful tiara when there are so many really and truly beautiful ones in their collection in Sweden? Never mind that it's about time that Madeleine also got a really solid piece as well instead of the thimble on her head.

And why is Madeleine wearing a different order than Silvia and Victoria?

Sad to say, but I don't think any of the royal ladies look good - the sashes are way to big to look elegant. Why does Romania not make their sashes in a 'lady-size'?

:)

Madeleine looks very healthy and pretty, but perhaps she could work on what are becoming some rather impressive 'tuckshop' arms.

For once, Victoria was far more beautiful than Madeleine during the Gala . She had a beautiful gown, a beautiful hair-do ( I like it when her hair are not up) and a beautiful face : she was stunning !:flowers:

Madeleine however was less shining and she is now, to my mind, too fat ...

Today morning, the queen and Mrs. Basescu visit Fryshuset in Stockholm!

At lunch the royal couple, crown princess Victoria and princess Madeleine attend at Grand Hotel with the guests.

Last edited:
I think I might be in the minority here but Madeleine looked REGAL. I just can't find another word.Everything about her tonight was absolutely breathtaking,her dress which I think complimented her color very well,her hair and that gorgeous smile.I didn't even (for once) mind the aquamarine tiara and her body language which conveyed a lot of confidence. I really must stop now but I just can't help gushing about her!!!

For once, Victoria was far more beautiful than Madeleine during the Gala . She had a beautiful gown, a beautiful hair-do ( I like it when her hair are not up) and a beautiful face : she was stunning !:flowers:

Madeleine however was less shining and she is now, to my mind, too fat ...

I would not call her fat by any means. She is most likely well within the normal and dictated weight guidelines for her body type and height. It is us as a modern culture who seem to think that any person who is not stick thin is "fat". We have as a modern culture, a distorted view of what is acceptable weight wise, and what is thought now a days to be acceptable is underweight medically.

Now, like many of us, Madeleine might carry her weight more in some places than in others, but she is by no stretch of the imagination fat.

I would not call her fat by any means. She is most likely well within the normal and dictated weight guidelines for her body type and height. It is us as a modern culture who seem to think that any person who is not stick thin is "fat". We have as a modern culture, a distorted view of what is acceptable weight wise, and what is thought now a days to be acceptable is underweight medically.

Now, like many of us, Madeleine might carry her weight more in some places than in others, but she is by no stretch of the imagination fat.
Amen! I found all of the ladies stunning at the state dinner. While Victoria's tiara is not a personal favorite of mine she carried it well. The dark blue of Madeleine's gown suited her to perfection. Even the tiny tiara, which seems to be a favorite of hers, looked nice. I think if I were Madeleine I might prefer it too -- it can't weigh much therefore no headache at the end of the evening.:) The Queen was perfect. Loved the dress, loved the tiara, loved everything about her! She has such elegance and grace. I wasn't crazy about the simplicity of the Romanian First Lady's gown but I loved the color. All in all very well done!

As for Madeleine's weight, she looked good to me. Not too thin, not to fat, just normal. And normal can be a very good thing indeed!

Cat

Empress and LadyCat: I totally agree with both of you on the weight-issue. It's just a shame it always has to be brought up when a woman does not look like Kate Moss.
Anyway, there's more important things in the world, like tiaras!! Although I'm sure it was very fashionable at the time of its creation, I just can't like the Cut-Steel tiara. I do prefer it to the aquamarine piece of Madeleine's and the infamous "jeep" tiaras, but I would love to see Victoria in the Connaught-tiara. The Queen could be a bit more generous towards her daughters! I think they all wore old dresses, but I don't mind that as long as they look good and a certain period of time has passed since we last saw them. It's a bit boring when some dresses are used over and over again.

I think that crown princess Victoria looked very lovely last night, although I´m not fond of that tiara. Princess Madeleine seems to have gained quite a few kilos, she looked almost fat today.
More photos of yesterday:
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress

According to magazine Svensk Damtidning, Victoria was the queen of the night:
Rumäniens presidentpar gästade kungafamiljen

Hola!/Victoria y Magdalena de Suecia adelantan la Primavera con sus galas y aderezos

Ok, I'm going to say this and keep in mind it's just my opinion. After I saw the first picture of Madeleine, the thought that came into mind was not that she had gained a few kilos, but she must have had a breast augmentation. They looked very large! Although, I think that maybe looking at further pics, she may have gained a few pounds, of course I think those few pounds have gone to her chest. Other than that, everyone looked lovely!

I never saw the tiara of Victoria before, any history about this one?

Back
Top Bottom