State Visit from Jordan to Sweden: October 7-9, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
the state visit starts today
there will be many pictures to talk about
and the whole family will take part in the state visit

Polfoto 07-10-2003 STOCKHOLM 031007 Jordania's King Abdullah and Queen Rania was received by Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip when they arrived to Arlanda airport outside Stockholm for a 3 day offical visit in Sweden

1 to 9 - Polfoto
10 - ImagineScandinavia

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 446
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 471
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 566
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 467
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 543
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 473
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7,136
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 593
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 472
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 442
Last edited by a moderator:
1) Imagine Scandinavia
2) polfoto - Is that a hand or a handbag on Victoria´s waist?
3) Scandinavia

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 610
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 472
it must be a handLena do you have time to post the other pictures?

Until now there aren´t many new pictures, which you don´t have posted (at least not, when I search with the keywords Victoria+Madeleine+Silvia :unsure:
Which hand could this be?

PF

Attachments

• jord2.jpeg
    jord2.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 361
  • jord3.jpeg
    jord3.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 476
  • jord4.jpeg
    jord4.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 402
  • jord5.jpeg
    jord5.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 487
  • jord6.jpeg
    jord6.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 431
Originally posted by Lena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 12:23 pm
Until now there aren´t many new pictures, which you don´t have posted (at least not, when I search with the keywords Victoria+Madeleine+Silvia  :unsure:
Which hand could this be?
it looks like Queen Rania, it is a bit blue on the left side of Victoria

try this look at the left side after the word SØGNING
ther will you find the text - Alle billeder
then you choose royalt.....

Polfoto

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 592
Aaaahhh, thank you Josefine. I´vent seen that part of polfoto until now :blush:

Attachments

• jord7.jpeg
    jord7.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 332
nice pics!
I like Victorias outfit. But why is Madeleine wearing the same dress as she wore at the jubilee in september?! It would have been nice to see something new...

IBL Bildbyrå

#6 Carl Philip looks more like the Crown Prince at this picture

its not Ranias hand but princess lilians....

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,836
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 696
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 681
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 841
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 717
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 820
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 807
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 760
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 700
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 704
Pictures from IBL

Attachments

• 03100712.jpg
    03100712.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 03100714.jpg
    03100714.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 879
did you all like what they wore?
who was the best dressed...and who was no

Lillian looks so sweet....
I hope she will live many more years
is she in good health othervise?

I love Victoria´s jacket and I´m a little bit disappointed of Rania´s suit...Carl philip needs to pick his eyebrows in the middle of the forehead/at the beginning of the root of the nose (job for Madeleine? :p )...ah yes Madeleine...Madeleine looks kind of chubby in her outfit...but the great look of her sister today compensates all. And princess Lilian looks really agile for her age. I can´t wait to see the gala-pics :woot:

these was the guests at the lunch given by the King and Queen of Sweden
the king and queen of Jordan
Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine, Princess Lilian, Prince Ali, Prince Raad och Princess Majida.

I would love to see pictures of Prince Ali

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 5:00 pm
I love Victoria´s jacket and I´m a little bit disappointed of Rania´s suit...Carl philip needs to pick his eyebrows in the middle of the forehead/at the beginning of the root of the nose (job for Madeleine? :p )...ah yes Madeleine...Madeleine looks kind of chubby in her outfit...but the great look of her sister today compensates all. And princess Lilian looks really agile for her age. I can´t wait to see the gala-pics :woot:
I was also a bit of disappointed what Rania wore...
To bad madeleine wore dark, Victoria looked Modern....

Vasamuséet 2003-10-07 Drottning Rania, kung Abdullah, kung Carl XVI Gustaf, drottning Silvia, kronprinsessan Victoria

Vasamuséet 2003-10-07 Kronprinsessan Victoria

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 739
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 697
IBL Bildbyrå

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 667
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 696
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 687
maybe we could make it that way, that those who can swedish (at least a little bit-like me :rolleyes: ) are parting translations?! A little bit for Yennie, a little bit for Josefine, a little bit for Alva and a little bit for me?

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 5:27 pm
maybe we could make it that way, that those who can swedish (at least a little bit-like me :rolleyes: ) are parting translations?! A little bit for Yennie, a little bit for Josefine, a little bit for Alva and a little bit for me?
Yeas please you are a sweetie

7 October
Welcome ceremony at the royal castle
Visit at the Vasa Museum, Rania will visit the center for abused women

Meeting with the parliament spokes man and meeting with the Pime Minister Göran Persson at Rosenbad (Kung Abdullah).
Gala dinner hosted by the King and Queen Of Sweden at Drottningholms castle.

Thank you Josefine!!!! So it means, that gala dinner is today? I though that it'll be tomorow. So I hope to see pictures tomorow ;)

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 12:27 pm
Sure!

Wednesday 8 october
H.M. King Abdullah will be visiting the Export Council for a meeting with representatives for the Swedish Industry.

The royal Couples and Crown Princess will visit the Parliament where King Abdullah will hold a speach ( Alva comments;I don´t know if that´s so common during a state visit, maybe it´s because the fact that King Abdullah has some real power i Jordania rather than beeing just a formal King).

The Royal Couples and Crown princess will visit Ericsson in Kista (Alva comments: a suburb of Stockholm called the "Silicon Valley of Sweden" ( I grew up there :flower: ))

The City of Stockholm will be hosting a lunch at Stadshuset (Alva comments;= The City Hall, the place for the Nobel gala)

King Abdullah will be visiting AstraZeneca in Södertälje ( a small town, nowadays allmost a suburb of Stockholm).

Queen Rania will visit Konstfack ( the College/University of Arts and Crafts).

The Royal Couples visits the Mosque of Stockholm ( Alva comments;close to my home- maybe if the time is right i will be able to se them!)

During the evening the Royal Couple of Jordania will host a dinner at the Grand Hotel.

Thursday 9 october
Program in Kiruna ( Alva:in the far north of Sweden)
The Royal Couples and the C.P. will be visiting the mine/LKAB,the Insitute of Space Research, Jukkasjärvi and the church of Kiruna (Alva; interesting architecture)
The state visit ends with a reception at the City Hall of Kiruna.

Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 7th, 2003 - 5:01 pm
these was the guests at the lunch given by the King and Queen of Sweden
the king and queen of Jordan
Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine, Princess Lilian, Prince Ali, Prince Raad och Princess Majida.

I would love to see pictures of Prince Ali
Did you know that Princess Majida was born in Sweden and met her husband in London where she studied. I think her name was Margareta or something like that

-----------

what kind of Tiara is worn by Rania?

I did some carving in the pictures so they would fit
I think Victoria has the same dress like she had in the Stockholm magazine
But what about Madeleine

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 800
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 555
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 429
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 595
I don´t think that Carl-Philip and Madeleine were absent, but this jordanian photoagency probably focuses on their king and queen.
Why is polfoto now so slow with the pictures :( ...it´s so great that it became possible in the last years to get photos just 2 hours after the event.

It is the hand of Queen Rania. :flower:

Thank you Josefine, Yennie, Lena, Alva and everybody else for all these great pictures and the translations of the events and programs of the Jordanian state visit.

From the Glittering Royals Message Board ...

Attachments

• sweden_1.jpg
    sweden_1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 93,921
  • sweden_2.jpg
    sweden_2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 443
I love Queen Rania's new tiara! And look at the beautiful flower arrangements! They're very colorful and fun to look at.

Originally posted by AnaM@Oct 7th, 2003 - 9:32 pm
I love Queen Rania's new tiara! And look at the beautiful flower arrangements! They're very colorful and fun to look at.
AnaM I hadn't even noticed the floral arrangements. They are indeed very colourful and beautiful. Thanks for pointing them out.

King Carl XVI Gustaf Speech

Your Majesties,
Your Royal Highnesses,

Excellencies,

Honoured guests,

It is a great pleasure for the Queen and myself to welcome You and Your distinguished delegation to Sweden and to this dinner at our residence, Drottningholm Palace. There are very special ties between Your family and mine since the reign of the late King Hussein, whom we had the pleasure of welcoming to Stockholm, together with Queen Noor, almost twenty years ago.

The relations between our families have been strengthened by renewed contacts during the Queen's and my State Visit to Jordan in 1989. A visit that made deep impressions on the two of us for many reasons. We visited different parts of Your fascinating country, different institutions, organizations and projects. But what we most of all remember is the extraordinary landscape and the early morning tour through the exceptional remnants of Petra, a place that leaves nobody untouched.

Also Crown Princess Victoria came home after Her visit to Jordan two years ago with happy memories from Your country. The aim of Her trip was a field visit to United Nations regional organizations. But Petra - again - with all its history, and the spontaneous meeting there with Your Majesty, had left Her with deep impressions. So had Jerash. She also appreciated the great and personal hospitality shown to Her by Your Majesties and Your family in Your residence in Aqaba.

When this warm friendship between our families is combined with the close cooperation between our two nations the bonds become very strong. A State Visit is the ultimate sign of an excellent relationship and fruitful exchange of experiences in different sectors of society like politics, economy and commerce.

Our development cooperation in the sectors of water, energy, education and industry is, to my knowledge, running smoothly. I am happy to be able to tell you that an expansion of that cooperation has just been announced, including an environmental research project in Aqaba.

Your Majesty,

You and Your team are well known to us and the rest of the world for Your brave initiatives and hard work in reforming Your country, primarily in the economic field. It is my sincere hope that Your State Visit to Sweden will inspire You in Your efforts and lead to a continued development of contacts, not least between our business communities. During the next two days I will be pleased to show Your Majesty some areas, which may have the potential for such a development. I am convinced that You will find this a rewarding tour.

I would also like to mention the important role of Jordan in the dialogue between cultures, a dialogue aiming at defying ignorance, which unfortunately often leads to hatred as well as extreme political ideas and activities. In Sweden, with an increasing population with roots in foreign countries, cultures and religions Jordan's efforts to bridge such differences are most appreciated.

Your Majesty,

We all are aware of and closely follow the conflicts in the Middle East. Recent developments, close to Your borders, unfortunately do not make the picture very much brighter. Jordan has taken a moderate and pragmatic position. I cannot but express my deepest admiration for the tireless work You are pursuing for a sustainable peace in the region. A peace that also includes improved living conditions for Your people.

At Your side Queen Rania is taking impressive initiatives in the social field and within traditional culture. Her efforts have been admired not only in Jordan but also abroad. Earlier this year She was awarded the German Media Prize, a prize that She shared with Queen Silvia, for commitment and hard work for the less fortunate members of society.

Your Majesties,

I hope this evening and this visit will be filled with happiness and good fortune. Allow me for a second, though, to recall the fact that Sweden lately was struck by tragedy, when our Foreign Minister Ms. Anna Lindh was brutally murdered. The support and sympathy we have received from so many nations, among them Jordan, in this time of trial has strengthened our will to continue the path of democracy and an open society.

For the warm friendship between Jordan and Sweden as well as for Your Majesties and all Your family I wish to ask everyone to join me in a toast!

Welcome, thank you and SKÅL!

Ok, I´ve done it. But I think it´s not that difficult to understand, because it´s almost always the same (A was led to the board from B and sat next to C...)The only word, which made me nut, was "flankerades ". Maybe you could correct it, when it is wrong translated, Josefine

The king and king Abdullah were flanked (she sat next to both-after them) at the board of Queen Rania, which had the speaker (of the parliament) on her desk and the Queen, which had the prime minister on her other side. The crown princess was led to the board by prince Ali and had on her other side the speaker of the parliament.
Prince Carl-Philip led princess Masjda to the board and had Mistress of the Robes,
Countess Trolle-Wachtmeister on his left side. She was led to the board by prince Raed, which had princess Lilian on his other side. She was led to the board of the prime minister. Princess Madeleine was led to the board of the marshall of the realm Ingemar Eliasson and had prince Ali on her right side

maybe the photo-agencies (which are all scandinavian) are to busy with the engagement...but on the other hand colourpress, which started really hard-working, and with very fast picture-transfer has become really slow (there are also no engegament-pics) :cry:

It´s always the same...I´m moaning...and things are already there :p

Attachments

• jord10.jpeg
    jord10.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 67,259
  • jord11.jpeg
    jord11.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 598
  • jord12.jpeg
    jord12.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 644
  • jord13.jpeg