Program for the State Visit, starting tomorrow morning.
Press release from The Government Offices: https://www.regeringen.se/artiklar/2...fran-tyskland/
- Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel receive President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender at arrival at Stockholm-Arlanda Airport.
- The King and Queen greet their guests at the Royal Mews before a cortege through Stockholm.
- The traditional welcome ceremony at the Inner Courtyard at the Royal Palace of Stockholm contain the inspection of the Grenadier company from the Royal Life Guards, and the playing of the national anthems. The Royal Couple and Presidential Couple greet the official delegations.
- The King and the President will make press statements at Lovisa Ulrika's Dining Room.
- The King and Queen will give a private luncheon at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. At the same time is the Minister for Foreign Affairs giving a luncheon for the German delegation at Arvfursten's Palace.
- The King and Queen, together with President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender, visit the German Church in the Old Town of Stockholm. The Church is celebrating 450 years, and is one of the oldest churches outside Germany. They are received by Pastor Jörg Weissbach, and Daniel Höffker, Chair of the Church Council.
- President Steinmeier visit Riksdagen and is greeted by Speaker Andreas Norlén and Managing Director Ingvar Mattsson. President Steinmeier will give a lecture in the Second Chamber; "Innovation and partnership: Europe’s path into the future”. The lecture will be live at the website riksdagen.se. The King will attend.
- President Steinmeier will be received by Prime Minister Stefan Löfven for a meeting. The meeting will be about German-Swedish relations, collaborations in Climate, Energy and Digitalisation.
- The Queen and First Lady Büdenbender visit Barnombudsmannen (The Child Ombudsman), which is a Governmental authority to represent childrens' and youths' rights in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child. They are received by Barnombudsmannen Elisabeth Dahlin.
- The Queen and First Lady Büdenbender visit Barnahus. A place where children that might be exposed for crime have the possibility to tell their story in a safe space.
- The King and Queen give a Gala dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Due to the pandemic and current restrictions it is conducted in a reduced format.
- The King and Queen receive President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender at Drottningholm Palace. The Presidential Couple will be shown public parts of the Palace, as well as Drottningholm Palace Theatre.
- The King and President Steinmeier visit Scania in Södertälje. Scania is since 2014 part of Volkswagen Group. Scania aims to provide sustainable transportation. Electrification, batteries and, AI will be discussed.
- The Queen and First Lady Büdenbender visit Silviahemmet, who aims to provide knowledge on dementia, and to provide care with highest possible standard. The Queen founded Silviahemmet in 1996.
- The Queen and First Lady Büdenbender visit the German School, to talk about the pupils' experience of digital teaching during the pandemic. The school is the second oldest German School outside Germany, and has about 600 pupils.
- The City of Stockholm give a luncheon at Stockholm City Hall. Hosts are Cecilia Brinck, Chair of the City Council, and Anna König Jerlemyr, Chair of the Board of the City Council. The Royal Couple, the Presidential Couple, the Crown Princess Couple, and Prince Couple, and an additional 30 guests attend.
- The King and President Steinmeier visit Karolinska University Hospital and the Karolinska Institute. Björn Zoëga, Managing Director of Karolinska University Hospital, and vice-chancellor Ole Petter Otterssen. The visit will be about to maintain the security for patient during the covid-19 pandemic and how a University Hospital is able to be a hub for knowledge and how to handle challenges related to health and medicine.
- The Queen and First Lady Büdenbender visit The Goethe Institute, where they will participate in a panel discussion on language knowledge and exchange between Germany and Sweden.
- The King and President Steinmeier visit ArkDes, Sweden's centre for architecture and design, and the story of Swedish architecture and sustainable will be told, with a focus on building with wood. At ArkDes is a digital visit to Sara Culture House in Skellefteå, the world's highest wooden building, taking place.
- President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender host a concert for their hosts at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm, followed by a reception, reduced in format due to the pandemic and current restrictions.
- The King and Queen, and President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender, visit Esrange in Kiruna, they are greeted by CEO Stefan Gardefjord. Esrange is owned and operated by Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) for national and international resear, as well as commercial activities.
- Luncheon in Kiruna City Hall, Kristallen (The Crystal). County Governor Lotta Finstorp, Stefan Sydberg, Chair of the Municipal Council, and Gunnar Selberg, Chair of the Board of the Municipal Council. During the luncheon do Kiruna municipality inform about the ongoing move of the city (due to the mining) and how to develop the city and maintain the cultural heritage.
- The King and Queen, and President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender, visit LKAB (Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB. The Governmental company founded in 1890 is an international company. The visit will be about the sustainable transformation of the iron- and steelindustry, fossil-free production, and CO2-free operation.
- The King and Queen will take farewell of President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender during a ceremony at Kiruna Airport.