State Visit from Brazil to Sweden: September 11-12, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally thought Madeleine looked better tonight than Victoria. Victoria's dress was just not "elegant" enough if you will. As for Madde, we all know she likes to show a little more cleavage (sp) than her sister. I would have liked to see Victoria sport another tiara though. And her sister.

it's a pity that CP Victoria's hairdresser doesn't know how to place the amethyst tiara correctly.

I'm not so sure it's the hairdressers fault. Between the tiara itself, and the frame, there is a considerable spacing which isn't very flattering. It looks more like a bejewelled halo half the time.

Madelein looked fine, always beautiful, yes she looked a little heavier, not gaunt. She didn't look 5 years older. Her tiara is pathetic. It should be retired or made into a bracelet. Victoria looked lovely and I know the tiara sits funny, but it is still gorgeous. Silvia, who is my favorite, her gown, I thought, was too, I can't even think of a term, but I didn't like it, with all that shirring, it is not becoming. I love the saphire parure, but not with that dress. Yuck. Too bad, she is a beautiful woman.

Did they arrive in the late afternoon? It seems to me that the Queen and the Crwon Princess are wearing outfits made out of material more suited to evening than day time.

I like Madelene's tiara, I think being too over the top isn't always the best, her dress was stunning and I'd rather see that than a tiara. But thats just my opinion.

Victoria looked great, but she didn't seem very happy so she didn't 'shine' as much as the others, but who can really tell from a few photos? ;)

No. The Swedish royals wore Brazilean Orders. The Order of the Southern Cross for The King, the Queen and the Crown Princess. Lower Orders for Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.

:flowers:
Oh, thanks Henri. Just because i think it appears strange as when Brazilean President paid a State Visit to the UK, i saw QEII wore the collar instead of sash like this?So maybe QSilvia and Princess Victoria got higher order than QEII?

I agree with some of you : Madeleine is a little too fat now, just my opinion ...

I like Victoria's dress : elegant and stylish . Not as usual, where she's often boring ... Maybe the colour could have been different .
Madeleine's one : well, a little boring, since it's always the same style . No surprise at all ...:neutral:

Shame on anyone who comments on Madeleine's weight in a negative way. HRH looks perfectly healthy so what's it matter if she's put on a few pounds...hardly a concern.

Just as beautiful, just as splendid and just as royal.

Last edited:
is it just me or does prince carl phillip get more handsome everytime time i see him- yumyum he's a gorgeous as his sisters ;)
i thought all the ladies looked beautiful- i agree about madeleins tan and little bitty tiara (i missed it in the photos until i went back to look)
quick question do all countries award sashes? i mean brazil doesn't have a royal family but it awards sashes and such?

COPYRIGHT

COBERTURA GRATUITA

Diariamente, a equipe de repórteres fotográficos da Agência Brasil produz uma média de 100 imagens, diretamente de Brasília, e as distribui gratuitamente para todo o país. Todo esse conteúdo pode ser adquirido em várias definições, inclusive em alta resolução, e ser utilizado livremente, mediante citação do crédito.
FREE COVERAGE

Daily, the photographers of Agencia Brasil produce an average of 100 images, directly from Brasilia and distributes them to the whole country. All of this content can be obtained in several resolutions and can be used freely, with the credit
These images are posted because they're 'copyright free', nothing has changed about the forums' policies.

Agência Brasil / Ricardo Stuckert/PR

Last edited:
I don't think Madeleine's extra weight is a negative thing.
IMO she looks so grown up now... she lost her girly-look during the last time.
I think she looks very beautiful; very glowing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agência Brasil / Ricardo Stuckert/PR

Wow wow all photos more beautiful and dress best tonight dinner!!!

Silvia great.

Victoria beautifull. Maybe she should wear fringe tiara...
ANP Beeldbank

Madeleine well the colour of her dress is not for her (maybe wrong lights) and wrong tiara. In some photos she lok bigger than Victoria. (Her arms looks bigger than normal.)

No. The Swedish royals wore Brazilean Orders. The Order of the Southern Cross for The King, the Queen and the Crown Princess. Lower Orders for Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.

:flowers:

It appears as though Carl Philip and Madeleine were given the Order of the Rio Branco.

The ladies are absolutely gorgeous! I like Victoria's sense of style. I bet Queen Sylvia is very pleased with this visit.

Wonderful pictures, Anna. :flowers: Is this sort of state-visit to the Nordic countries mentioned in the Brazilian newspapers?

Wonderful pictures, Anna. :flowers: Is this sort of state-visit to the Nordic countries mentioned in the Brazilian newspapers?

A little bit here and there. They focus more on the political aspect of it, but I bet that the magazines will bring at least something within the week - the love when Brazilians mix up with royalty:lol:

It was mentioned about the economic aspect of the visit, the ethanol production and the number of Swedish industries in Brazil, nothing about gala dinners. Maybe the gossip magazines will show something in their next editions.

Do CP Victoria, P Madeleine, & P Carl Philip know how to speak portugese?

No not very much I belive. Victoria once said in an interview that she knows some Brazilian childrens songs, but thats about it.

In an interview for a Brazilian magazine some years ago Silvia has said her children don't speak Portuguese. Maybe they learned since then but I don't believe it.

Shame on anyone who comments on Madeleine's weight in a negative way. HRH looks perfectly healthy so what's it matter if she's put on a few pounds...hardly a concern.

Just as beautiful, just as splendid and just as royal.

Well that was a bit agressive, we all are entitled of our own opinion

I think Madeleine looked really good than Victoria. She's really beautiful and her gala dress suited her. Victoria's dress for me is not very elegant.:ermm:

I think they all looked great. I noticed madeleine's weight too. I know its hard to loose weight, but i'm almost concerned. I'm going to be nice and say its her time of the month. I'm going to be a doc and every lb overweight you are is bad for you. It's even worse to go up and down, I don't think i'm the only one thats noticed that, but thats what she does. Its a huge strain on anyones heart.

I also want to state I don't want her to look like Mary Kate Olsen. I'm just saying she needs to be in her BMI and Madame Royale, she does not look like it. She looks good, but not at her top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful pictures of a wonderful State Visit hosted by one of the Best current Royal Families who have seldom put a wrong foot forward. The Royal ladies all looked tops in their gala dresses. For the two young princesses, I especially like Madelaine's dress. I like the pleated skirt of Victoria's gala dress, the waist but the halter-neckline looks slightly too casual, IMHO.

I really enjoyed these pics. I dont think that Madeleine looked overweight in the least! CERTAINLY she has not gone out of her BMI!!!! I think both girls look lovely, as usual, and their mother, as always is stunning.

hello
i am fan of queen silvia of sweden
i like her style in dresses
i can't watch photos
of her state visits in any place
i want to make collection of evening gowns
worn in state visits like bulgaria
also state visit from china to sweden
i like her style
i hope to post links or photos
and file about queen silvia evening gowns
from 2003.2008