Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 2: January 2019 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson have tested positive for covid-19
Tord Magnuson tells this exclusively to Svensk Damtidning:
- We tested positive, but we are healthy now and feeling good. So it's nice. We were quarantined for a week, but it felt like a common cold. We have been vaccinated three times, so it is certainly the reason.
Tord says that they have thoughts on how they became infected. They think it was on New Year, during the festivities that were then.
Kungens syster sjuk efter nyårsfest – maken berättar _*Svensk Dam

Tord Magnuson was with the king and queen and the crown princess couple at opera "Löftet" at the Royal Opera on 15th February. And Tord Magnuson attended with the royal family on Friday at "Child protection can not wait" event. Svensk Damtidning was of course worried why princess Christina wasn't at these events and contacted the court.
- The princess is healthy and feeling well, the reason is that she has had other activities, said Margareta Thorgren.
Därför saknas prinsessan Christina – hovets besked _*Svensk Dam

Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson were at the official dinner last night. Tord Magnuson had a plaster cast on his left foot.
Tord turned 81 years today. Svensk Damtidning called Tord who was happy and cordial despite the injury. He told that he and Christina had a very successful evening at his brother-in-law's big dinner.
- It was a very good atmosphere and nice in every way!
But what about the leg? Have you injured yourself?
- Yes. I have a cast on one leg after a ski accident. I get it away in two weeks, after Easter. Then it will be easier!
Prinsessan Christinas man gipsad på kungens middag – berättar om olyckan _*Svensk Dam

Tord is a very handsome man and looks very well for an 81 year old!

He is indeed! In fact they both make a healthy and attractive looking couple!!!

Princess Christina, the Honorary Chairperson of Confidencen (Ulriksdal Palace Theatre), delivered Anders Wall Foundation's Confidencen-scholarship (SEK 125000) to soprano Josefine Mindus on 14th March. Josefine is also a composer, and completed her studies at the Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien in Hanover in 2021 and has been part of the opera studio at the Komische Oper in Berlin since 2020.
https://www.wallstiftelsen.se/images/stipendiater/Confidencen-Josefine-X.jpg

At the video at 2.17 Princess Christina delivers the scholarship to Josefine Mindus at Confidencen.

Gustaf Magnuson worked at Autoropa since 2006 and quit there last autumn. Now he works at Roots as Managing Partner and CEO. Tord Magnuson is a board member.
Founded in 2021 in Stockholm, ROOTS is an advisory and investment firm, providing advice and capital to companies, entrepreneurs and founders operating in the food and agri-tech sector.
Our Firm Roots

Tord Magnuson attended yesterday evening Panos Papadopoulos' book release "Panos, My Life, My Odyssey".
Tord with Panos
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2022/06/dsc_3301.jpg?strip=info&w=1925

Today, Panos Emporio is one of the most established luxury swimwear brands in the world, and is the choice of celebrities and royal families, among others. Panos Papadopoulos created this empire in his new country Sweden.
200 invited famous people were invited to Nobis Hotel Stockholm to the book release.

On Sunday, September 18 at 15.00, Princess Christina will come to Sofiero together with author Carl Otto Werkelid to talk about the book "Hon kallades Daisy". Moderator is Ulf Dahlström. The author's talk is included in the entrance fee to the castle park, but the number of places is limited and can be booked on Sofiero's website. The book is available for purchase on site. Princess Christina and Carl Otto Werkelid are available for book signings after the talk.
Författarsamtal med prinsessan Christina på Sofiero _ Sofiero slott och slottsträdgård

Svensk Damtidning has spoken with Tord Magnuson and asked about the injury he had on his feet, he had a plaster cast on it in April after a skiing accident.
It is a happy and cordial Tord who answers the phone when we call, and he comes with a reassuring message:
The leg is fine.
- It feels absolutely excellent. It is completely fixed and there are no complications with it.
You are fine otherwise too?
- Yes.
At the same time, it took a while before the leg was completely healed, he says:
- It took March, April, May, June... Yes, until now roughly.
Prinsessan Christinas man i olycka – så mår han nu _*Svensk Dam

Princess Christina delivered the Prize "Teacher of the Year" to Patrik Vesterlund from Nyköping, Södermanland at Lärargalan (Teachers' Gala) on 10th October at the Stockholm Concert Hall. Daniel delivered a prize at the gala in 2020.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Gustaf Magnuson at Innovation Forum in the beginning of June 2022, with his business partner from Roots Advisory & Invest, Tom Ahldin.
https://sebgroup.com/ImageVault/pub...n_gustaf_magnusson_Innovation_Forum_mingl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tord Magnuson yesterday at the premiere of Jill Johnson's "Simply the Best" show at Cirkus. Singer Jill Johnson turns 50 years in May and has been 30 years at the music business and celebrates these with a big show.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2023/01/dsc_7341.jpg?strip=info&w=1800
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2023/01/dsc_7343.jpg?strip=info&w=1800
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2023/01/dsc_7457.jpg?w=963&h=&zoom=2

Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson attended on a musical service at the Royal Chapel on the Epiphany Day 6th January. Unfortunately no photos, but the Royal Court Parish posted to its social media:
"The Epiphany offered a distinguished musical service in the Royal Chapel where a new grand piano was put into use. The service was attended by Princess Christina Mrs. Magnuson and her husband.
At the grand piano: concert pianist Roland Pöntinen
At the organ: court organist Mary Ljungquist Hén"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnHJn0isBXN/

Last edited by a moderator:
Gustaf Magnuson's ex-wife Vicky Andrén Magnuson had her 40th birthday on 25th January and is on Zanzibar, Tanzania to celebrate it.
She thanks at her Instagram post among others for the great relationship she has with Gustaf and his family.
"40 years…and life is good!! I’m thankful for being in good health and more confident now than ever before. I’m thankful for my experiences in life. I’m very thankful for my beloved daughter Désirée. I’m thankful for the great relationship I have with my daughter’s father and family. I am thankful for my dear friends who pep-talk and support. I am thankful for my mother who is always there to back-up. I am thankful for my awesome colleagues who constantly inspire and make everyday fun Last but not least, I am thankful for my wonderful partner who’s there through thick and thin and now spoils me with this incredible vacation to celebrate my birthday Thank You!!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn1wzWkM6wK/?hl=fi

Gustaf Magnuson's ex-wife Vicky Andrén Magnuson had her 40th birthday on 25th January and is on Zanzibar, Tanzania to celebrate it.
She thanks at her Instagram post among others for the great relationship she has with Gustaf and his family.
"40 years…and life is good!! I’m thankful for being in good health and more confident now than ever before. I’m thankful for my experiences in life. I’m very thankful for my beloved daughter Désirée. I’m thankful for the great relationship I have with my daughter’s father and family. I am thankful for my dear friends who pep-talk and support. I am thankful for my mother who is always there to back-up. I am thankful for my awesome colleagues who constantly inspire and make everyday fun Last but not least, I am thankful for my wonderful partner who’s there through thick and thin and now spoils me with this incredible vacation to celebrate my birthday Thank You!!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn1wzWkM6wK/?hl=fi

I get very excited when people visit Tanzania! I was born there! I hope she had a great time!

Princess Christina yesterday:

SWEA International at its social media
"A festive moment yesterday when SWEA International handed over the donation of SEK 1,070,000 to Beredskapslyftet for the benefit of the Ukrainian Support Center in Stockholm.
Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson, SWEA's honorary chairman, handed the symbolic check to Malin Leffler, chairman of the non-profit organization Beredskapslyftet, which organizes the Ukrainian Professional Support Center in Stockholm.
The Ukrainian ambassador Andrii Plakhotniuk, SWEA's international chairman Catarina Hansson, co-founder Fredrik Hillelson and a number of Sweors and Ukrainians participated in the festive event.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CpvgojGMT2M/?hl=fi
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpw7kiGD-Yv/?hl=fi

Princess Christina at the video at 7.40
- It is a fantastic joy for me to be part of a ceremony like this. You know how much money that is already. I want to address all Ukrainians here and at home in Ukraine. You should know that Sweden and the Swedes feel strongly for you and for your struggle, says Christina.
https://image.svenskdam.se/swea-ukr...oph=100&width=1600&height=2038&compression=80
Prinsessan Christina fångad på bild – sanningen ute _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Princess Christina has given an interview to Icakuriren, a weekly family magazine. The interview was done at the Royal Palace. Christina reveals that she is writing a new book.

Christina tells that she met Silvia Sommerlath for the first time when Silvia was visiting Solliden. She was as shy as Christina. The meeting was easy and pleasant. Christina prefers only to be called and addressed by her first name, she has never cared much for the title of princess.
Christina has probably always pushed for changes. When her brother became king, it was also important to her that they would be sensitive to the new and not always stick to old traditions. The king abolished the curtsies. Many of the employees were older and they found it embarrassing when they curtsied them.
Christina spoke out in favor of a female succession to the throne already in her 20s.
- Yes absolutely. It was completely obvious to me and still is.
Christina was seven years old when the family moved from Haga into the Palace. She was the only one of the four sisters who was allowed to go to regular school.
- It was exciting to move to the city. I got to move more freely, but not exactly run alone in the streets.
Christina definitely wanted a real job after her university degree. Issues of justice have always been close to her heart. She got involved in the Red Cross early on, first as a volunteer and eventually she was recruited to the management and became chairman of the board in 1993. There her name was always Christina Magnuson. The visits in the 70s to refugee camps in North Africa strongly influenced her. She became even more convinced that one must get involved.
When the conversation turns to the war in Ukraine, the commitment becomes clear.
- This is an international conflict, not a "special operation". There are rigorous rules for how we should treat each other in a war. Unfortunately, Russia has completely thrown them overboard. It's so obvious! I get so upset!
But are you allowed to speak out on political issues?
- These are humanitarian issues that are about people. I cannot accept Russia behaving this way. They have previously signed the Geneva Convention. They are not ignorant, they know exactly what applies - and they do the opposite!
For Christina, it was natural to speak publicly about the breast cancer she suffered 13 years ago. There is a great need for those affected to tell about the difficult time they are going through. The treatment of cancer has become so much better, but rehabilitation is often forgotten, she believes.
After having written two books, Christina has a new book in the works, about another interesting relative. But she does not yet want to reveal who it is about.
More here:
Prinsessan Christina_ ”Kvinnlig tronföljd är fullständigt självklart”
Translation

Last edited:
Christina has probably always pushed for changes. When her brother became king, it was also important to her that they would be sensitive to the new and not always stick to old traditions. The king abolished the curtsies. Many of the employees were older and they found it embarrassing when they curtsied them.
I've read about this before in secondary sources so it's nice to hear it from one of the horse's mouths.
After having written two books, Christina has a new book in the works, about another interesting relative. But she does not yet want to reveal who it is about.
That's exciting news! Both of her previous books have been an enjoyable read so I'm looking forward to the new one. I wonder what relative Christina is writing about? I know she's fond of Queen Josefina, but it'd be really interesting if she wrote about one of her mother's parents. Though I'm sure that she's writing about a Swede and I'm equally sure that the Sachsen-Coburg-Gothas are one can of worms that she doesn't want to open.

Princess Christina's third book with Carl Otto Werkelid:

Joséphine
Distant in time - but close to me
Author: Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson
Release date: 2023-10-31
"If she hadn't existed, I wouldn't have existed either," writes Princess Christina in her personally resonating portrait of Queen Joséphine, the doldis of the Bernadotte dynasty. A multi-talented, socially aware, strong-willed and stubborn woman who was deceived, but bided her time and gained an importance in Sweden that impresses her late relative.
Joséphine was a devout Catholic and a granddaughter of the French Revolution. Her father was the adopted son of Napoleon and her grandmother the Empress of France. With alluring list from Karl XIV Johan, the first Bernadotte king, she became Crown Prince Oscar's wife to start the new royal dynasty.
Joséphine Bonnier Fakta

Last edited:
Princess Christina was celebrated due to her 80th birthday with both a concert at Gripsholm Castle and a lavish birthday party.
Svensk Damtidning publishes photos which Christina's friend, Fredrik Robertsson, shared at his Instagram stories from the birthday concert where, among others, Victoria is seen. It seems that the concert was yesterday.
Fredrik Robertsson went to the party with his fiance, court hairdresser Jonas Hellström, who usually takes care of queen Silvia's hairdos.
Se bilderna från prinsessan Christinas lyxiga 80-årsfirande! _*Svensk Dam

Norwegian soprano Synne Vinje at her social media
"Yesterday I had the pleasure of singing on the anniversary of princess Christina of Sweden in Gripsholm Castle, Mariefred This, together with my dear friend and co-soprano, Amanda Liljefors, with a baroque ensemble, led by Mats Liljefors, with the wonderful pianist Valeria Rejsan and even with the actor Andreas T Olsson proclaiming and reading!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CvjlD4Pg-yI/?img_index=1

Last edited:
Oscar and Emma Magnuson have divorced after eleven years of marriage.
On Wednesday, the divorce went through after a six-month consideration period.
- We have decided to go our separate ways. But we are good friends and continue to have a good relationship. We have decided that it is better for us. That's what happens in life, says Oscar Magnuson to Expressen.
Kungabarnens kusin Oscar Magnuson skiljer sig _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Princess Christina and Carl Otto Werkelid told about the third book they have written together, "Joséphine", at Bonnier's Book Club's member event on 25th October.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy1aEJRsVNX/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy1WMPNsocn/?img_index=1

Guest Editor's Choice
October: Denise Rudberg
Tips about: Joséphine. Distant in time - but close to me by Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson.
At the top of my wish list of a book to read right now is Joséphine. Distant in time - but close to me by Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson.
I am so impressed by Princess Christina's choice to take on the women of history and thus breathe new life into their destinies. My own ever-increasing interest in history contributes, of course, but it feels so obvious to us that in troubled times we look back in order to be able to look forward.
Gästredaktörens val _ Bonniers bokklubb
https://i.postimg.cc/tJpYg54j/J1.jpg

The book's official release date is today.
Some pages of the book
Joséphine _ Avlägsen i tid – men nära mig

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom