Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 2: January 2019 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Christina and Carl Otto Werkelid were interviewed at Radio P4 Extra about their book.
Prinsessan Christina fru Magnuson lär känna sin farmor – i ny bok 5 maj kl 15.25 - P4 Extra – Gästen _ Sveriges Radio
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_zgfwzpWA3/

Princess Christina talks about her new life, after leukemia. She has a long sick time behind her, with her chronic leukemia and the very tough stem cell treatment she went through three years ago.
But now it has brightened for Princess Christina. She has just released her second book, She was called Daisy - Finding a Grandmother, and the work of getting to know Crown Princess Margareta - during three long winters in the Royal Palace archives - has been a good help on the road to healing.
- It has been a puzzle since no one who knew her is left, so I have been looking for clues and allowed to enter her world. And it's been an adventure.
This is stated by Princess Christina in P4 Extra, where she was a guest today with the host Titti Schultz. Or rather: Titti Schultz was a guest she Princess Christina, for the interview was done at the book publisher in Stockholm.
Christina continues:
- For me, it is a very personal attempt, a selfish project to find my grandmother and to get into a person that I very much wanted to get to know.
The Margareta that Princess Christina met during the work emerges as a warm and spontaneous personality, but also with a seriousness and depth.
Have you found any events about Crown Princess Margareta where you felt that "no we can't bring this"?
- Yeah! But there will be no glimpses of it, because that is why they have not been taken!
But this is where Princess Christina's co-author Carl Otto Werkelid hawks a bit, and says that at this point they have not agreed quite:
- I probably wanted to bring little more than Christina has thought…
Christina, your grandmother was just 38 and pregnant with her sixth child when she unexpectedly died of blood poisoning. What made that your grandfather never wanted to talk about her after that?
- Yes, I have been thinking about that too. There are certainly different explanations. Of course, it was such a shocking experience for the whole family. And perhaps it was also the spirit of 1920, after the war, when so many had lost relatives. You couldn't afford to grieve in the way we do today.
Princess Christina also tells her that her grandmother and grandfather were so in love.
- It was something that I absolutely wanted to show with the book. And it is also something that feels very warm in my heart!
“How do you talk about this in the royal family? Do you walk around thinking about your relatives as historical persons? Or like ordinary people?" asks P4 Extras Titti Schultz. And Christina replies spontaneously:
- Well, like ordinary people! This is our family!
Then Carl Otto Werkelid gets asked if he has found any similarities between Princess Christina and her grandmother Margareta. And he answers sincerely, despite Christina's happy protest:
- There are similarities absolutely! It is precisely in this to be very grounded, to have a clear picture of what one is doing and what the role and mission entails. That there should be a balance. There is no affectation, but straight like it is.
- Haha, I don't hear this! says Princess Christina with a giggle.
Prinsessan Christina i ny personlig intervju! _ Svensk Dam

It has been a tough spring for the king's sister, Princess Christina. In 2016, she was diagnosed with chronic blood cancer. An illness that meant she had to undergo regular chemotherapy treatments and cut down on her official commitments.
But fortunately, treatments were effective and in recent years Christina has enjoyed life as a pensioner and spent much time with her children and grandchildren. Then came the coronavirus and suddenly Christina's medical history became extremely present again. As a former cancer patient, she was particularly vulnerable and the princess once again had to isolate herself to avoid becoming infected.
Christina has therefore not met her loved ones during the spring, which of course has been tough. The only one she has really been in close contact with is her husband Tord Magnuson, Svensk Damtidning has found out. The couple lives on Slottsbacken, in the middle of the city, but there have been no major excursions in the royal capital.
When the government released some of its restrictions, and announced to the public that it is okay to travel in Sweden, it was a real joy message for Christina and Tord. The couple has a summer house on Ingarö, in Värmdö municipality outside Stockholm. A favorite place that they usually go to. And now they can return to their favorite island and enjoy some of the Swedish summer in the Stockholm archipelago.
Glädjebeskedet till prinsessan Christina*efter den tuffa våren _ Svensk Dam

Vicky at her Instagram
"My latest modelling job for new exquisite swedish brand #worldofines out now"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCI1XufJ4vt/

World of INES is a Swedish fashion brand. World of INES design is created by Pernilla D Litzén.
The vision of World of INES is to design and offer affordable luxury clothing that can be worn one season to the next but always with a distinct fashion edge. The aim is to design feminine and individualistic clothes in small volumes, with a French touch when it comes to details, colours and prints, while design, style and craftsmanship are truly Swedish. World of INES clothes are to be used and loved for many years.
World of Ines

Vicky continues also her Film/TV/photo production work
"Tb to last weeks job on a tv commercial. Just love how we come in and take over small towns, bridges and streets with a bunch of equipment and gear. And just as quickly vacuum ourselves up and move to next location. Always putting our best efforts in as a team to achieve the best result."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCIglg-puvB/

World of Ines:
Behind the scenes AW20
A couple of weeks ago, we had the photoshoot of our nice blouses to be released in the beginning of August!
We photographed on beautiful and talented model Vicky Andrén Magnuson and together with photographer Camilla Svensk and Make Up- & Hair artist Diana Tillström we had a wonderfully inspiring day together!
Behind the scenes AW20 - World of Ines

Lars Wallin on designing Vicky Andrén's wedding dress
They may have gone their separate ways. But we still remember Gustaf Magnuson's wedding to Vicky Andrén. In his "Summer" talk, his friend Lars Wallin now talks about the emotional details of the wedding.
At the end of August 2013, the royal children's cousin, Princess Christina's son, Gustaf Magnuson, married supermodel Vicky Andrén.
Today, Vicky and Gustaf have gone their separate ways. In January this year, they filed for divorce. They have a child together, a little daughter.
Lars Wallin about designing Vicky's wedding dress:
- It is always extra special when you know the bride from ancient times. As for example with the Swedish top model Vicky Andrén. Vicky was only 13 years old when we first met. I was in Italy making a TV recording for Model Search. We were going to do her first photography and filming and I immediately saw that she was a natural talent.
- Since then, we have done many photoshoots and shows over the years - both in Sweden and abroad. So when she was going to marry Gustaf Magnuson, Princess Christina's son, and asked me if I wanted to make her wedding dress, I was naturally extra happy. When you know a person, it is easier to bring out the personality in the dress. I wanted to make a large silhouette that would feel "royal", then it can easily get a little heavy but we worked with thin materials to get a sheer lightness. It was layers of silk organza and French lace that we cut out and sewed on by hand. They formed an organic pattern that looked like they were climbing over the dress.
- I think it's extra fun when the whole studio has to make an effort to the breaking point. And when their professional skills are put to the test. I myself was a guest at the wedding. Sometimes I get invited, even though I do not know the bride before.
Lars Wallin concluded:
- It's so special with weddings. To be involved in creating perhaps life's most important dress. Expectations are sky high. There are so many nerves, emotions and love.
Lars Wallin om att designa Vicky Andréns brudklänning _ Svensk Dam

Gustaf and Vicky's divorce isn't clear yet, officially they are still married.

Now that really is wonderful photo. It speaks of two people alive with the joy of living. The mutual comfort of a life well lived is there for all to see. They epitomize the word "content ".

Princess Christina came across a piece of family history that she had to document. She contacted her friend and journalist Carl Otto Werkelid, and together they wrote the book "She was called Daisy - to find a grandmother".
The book is about Crown Princess Margareta, the English girl who met Gustaf VI Adolf at a ball in Cairo in 1905 and then gave birth to five children, one of whom was Christina's father, Gustav Adolf. Margareta died only 38 years old.
The book was released in April and has become a bestseller. According to figures from the site Boktugg, it has consistently been on the top list of the best-selling non-fiction books in the country. In April and May, it climbed to the top of the top list for a few weeks, only beaten by a cookbook by Paul Svensson.
A consolation for Christina, whose book launch others have received a shock because of corona. In October, it was thought that an exhibition about Princess Margareta would be held at the Royal Palace, due to the fact that this year, 2020, it is a hundred years from her death. Then, of course, Christina would participate and get to share her new insights.
But then the coronavirus came and put an end to all plans. Now the exhibition has been postponed until the autumn of 2021 instead. A sad message for Christina - and for all of us.
Prinsessan Christina offer för stort bakslag _ Svensk Dam

Vicky was modelling at NK Galan at Ljusgården in NK on 29th August.
Fashion designer Lars Wallin won this year's Honorary Award during the NK Gala 2020 and was honored with a fashion show featuring some of his foremost couture creations.
https://www.nk.se/globalassets/sb-2...g?ref=8021CFAFD2&w=2880&format=jpg&quality=85
https://www.nk.se/globalassets/sb-2...g?ref=703E55CF3A&w=2880&format=jpg&quality=85

Vicky at her Instagram
Thank you #larswallinofficial and #nkgalan2020 for a great show! ❤ Feel so blessed being able to catch up and work with such amazing people I've know for so many years and Congratulations my dear lovely friend #larswallin for you honorary award..30 years designing couture!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEhbQ2WJ5Iv/

On Monday Vicky was posing for new photos to her agency Mikas Stockholm https://www.instagram.com/p/CEj61CRpXjm/

Princess Christina came across a piece of family history that she had to document. She contacted her friend and journalist Carl Otto Werkelid, and together they wrote the book "She was called Daisy - to find a grandmother".
The book is about Crown Princess Margareta, the English girl who met Gustaf VI Adolf at a ball in Cairo in 1905 and then gave birth to five children, one of whom was Christina's father, Gustav Adolf. Margareta died only 38 years old.
The book was released in April and has become a bestseller. According to figures from the site Boktugg, it has consistently been on the top list of the best-selling non-fiction books in the country. In April and May, it climbed to the top of the top list for a few weeks, only beaten by a cookbook by Paul Svensson.
A consolation for Christina, whose book launch others have received a shock because of corona. In October, it was thought that an exhibition about Princess Margareta would be held at the Royal Palace, due to the fact that this year, 2020, it is a hundred years from her death. Then, of course, Christina would participate and get to share her new insights.
But then the coronavirus came and put an end to all plans. Now the exhibition has been postponed until the autumn of 2021 instead. A sad message for Christina - and for all of us.
Prinsessan Christina offer för stort bakslag _ Svensk Dam

Is that atypical for a royal biography?

16th August 2020

Divers searched for missing family heirloom in Lake Mälaren
On Sunday, the environmental initiative Rena Mälaren made an attempt to find Princess Christina's family heirloom, which disappeared eight years ago after a theft.
However, the expedition didn't succeed, the more than 50 divers who participated find the most decks and used boat batteries, says Fredrik Johansson who is behind the project.
- In two years, we have found over 12 tons of rubbish, he says.
Dykare sökte efter försvunnen släktklenod i Mälaren - DN.SE

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEALWm5pSco/

Last edited:
Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson attended a gala for the benefit of Swedish Musicians' Union's Crisis Fund on 8th October at Vasateatern.

It was their good friend, fashion and PR professional Fredrik Robertsson, who turned 35 and celebrated by inviting his 48 closest friends to an exclusive gala evening at Vasateatern in Stockholm: A small charity dinner and concert to support the Swedish Musicians' Union's Crisis Fund and the musicians, artists and stage workers who have been hit by the economic crisis due to the pandemic.
Everything was corona-secured: Between three and five people at each table - and considerable distances between the tables.
Nya bilder på prinsessan Christina! _Svensk Dam

I'm jealous! He's tall and slim and can rock a fantastical gown with elan.

Princess Christina is an incredibly popular member of the Swedish royal family. But despite the love from the Swedish people, she has chosen to keep a low profile in the public.
Princess Christina is perhaps the sister who has worked most in her brother's office. When the king and queen have needed help with the representation, Christina has always been there for them. She lives on Slottsbacken, in the middle of the action, and often moves out in Stockholm city.
But the fact is that Christina does not like to be associated with her title. Among other things, she has worked with the Red Cross and then Eva von Oelreich, who was previously the organization's chairman, told how the princess was as a colleague.
- Christina was extremely easy to work with. Concrete and factual. Always equally well-read and a very deep knowledge of everything we did. She was also very listening, Eva von Oelreich has told in an earlier interview with Expressen.
They got to know each other in the early nineties and Christina was very clear from the beginning how she wanted to be titled. And not.
- She made it clear early on that she was Christina Magnuson. Not Princess Christina. She used to say that here I am chairman Christina Magnuson. Not a princess.
In 2010, Christina suffered from breast cancer and in October 2016, the court announced that the king's sister suffered from chronic blood cancer. In other words, the last few years have been really tough for the princess, but she has gone through both chemotherapy and radiation. And today Christina is well and can enjoy the quiet life as a pensioner, with her husband Tord, the three sons and grandchildren.
Oväntade orden om prinsessan Christina _Svensk Dam

Gustaf and Vicky's divorce has been finalized a few weeks ago.

Princess Christina was interviewed in September by Kyrkans Tidning, the Church of Sweden's editorially independent newspaper.
Princess Christina talked at the interview about her book of her grandmother crown princess Margareta "Hon kallades Daisy", which she wrote with Carl Otto Werkelid. And she spoke also about herself.
Kyrkans Tidning met Princess Christina and Carl Otto Werkelid in the Church of England in Stockholm. In 1913, Margareta laid the first brick of the church, which seven years later had a new glass window, in memory of the dead Crown Princess.

No, we will "never in life" get to read Princess Christina's memoirs or hear her in Sommarprat. She has the same attitude as her grandmother Crown Princess Margareta, rather depict others than allow herself to be depicted.
Christina was only three years old when her father died. She doesn't remember anyone telling her that her Dad was dead, she and the King were so small. It took Christina many years to realize that she had no father. Only as an adult she started to miss. Only after a certain experience and maturity you realize what you have lost. Christina doesn't remember anything about her Dad. They had the family and so many people around them who all did the best they could, and they didn't talk about the dead. Christina points out that her mother lost a much-loved brother in the war and her mother's youngest brother lived severely traumatized by the war at their home in Haga.
When Christina's siblings heard that she was going to write a book about their grandmother, they didn't like it at all, that is completely unnecessary, they said. But now when they have read it, they are really happy about it, it feels very fun.
Christina's grandchildren are still quite young and haven't started asking about their grandmother's relatives, they have a hard time even realizing that Christina's background is not like all other grandmothers'. One of Christina's sons is interested and now there are great opportunities to search for information.
Every day, Christina embroiders for a while, it's a therapy thing for her. Her children wonder what she should do with all the finished embroidery, sell them at auction, do an exhibition, they say. But it is the doing itself that is the fun, not the result. Christina says that there will be no exhibition.
Christina has a personal faith that is expressed in different ways. She is active in the court parish, where she was a member of the church council for many years. Now she is chairman of the annual church meeting and a sounding board for church music. Christina is amused by music and has constant discussions with the court organist about what should and should not be played. She sang for a long time in a choir, but finds it difficult to choose a favorite hymn.
Prinsessan Christina delar sin farmors hjärta för kyrkan och tron _ Kyrkans Tidning
Translation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom