Princess Birgitta and Family, Current Events Part 1: December 2002 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Birgitta's everyday life is in the city of Santa Ponsa. The king's sister has no plans to move home to Sweden.
Birgitta rarely attends royal festivities and events in Stockholm. At the royal children's wedding she was of course one of the guests of honor, but otherwise the princess is pleased to represent Sweden abroad.
In fact, we probably won't see Birgitta in Stockholm, all spring. When we reach her over the phone (in the middle of a golf round) there is nothing to indicate that the princess misses the cold Sweden.
Will the princess come to Stockholm this spring?
- I don't think so.
Birgitta has told us that the Swedish winter never attracts. It's too cold and awful simply. Besides, she has her dear golf club in Santa Ponsa - and plays almost every day. 18 holes take about 1.5 days to go, the princess has explained, and in addition she spends time with friends on the golf course. Birgitta is still in good shape and the training makes her feel good.
But once she gets "home", the guest room at the Palace is always ready for the princess. If she does not live there she likes to stay at Hotel Diplomat.
Birgittas tydliga besked om framtiden _ Svensk Dam

Princess Birgitta talks about her heart problems
Right now Princess Birgitta is in the home quarantine in Mallorca and she tells Svensk Damtidning the main reason why she absolutely must not get infected by the corona virus.
Princess Birgitta is used to social life with friends out on the golf course. But now she is forced to stay home because of the corona virus.
- I am really bored. I sit here, between my closed doors and drink coffee. We can only go out if we are going to shop or go to the pharmacy. Otherwise, we'll stay inside.
The princess is missing the golf I understand?
- Yes, I really do.
Birgitta also says that she has close contact with her children, who live in Munich. They are worried about their mother because she was hospitalized two months ago, due to heart problems.
- My heart had to be restarted. But now I feel good. My kids keep talking about me being in a risk group, but I don't want to listen to it.
But despite the fact that Princess Birgitta thinks that the clock goes slowly when she can't be out golfing, she is set to follow the Spanish authorities' recommendations. And stay inside as long as needed.
Is the princess worried about the corona virus?
- I'm not the one who worries me unnecessarily but it is a serious situation and we have to conform with it. But I am basically a positive person and believe that we will ride out this storm.
Prinsessan Birgitta berättar om hjärtproblemen _ Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Princess Birgitta has left her home in Santa Ponsa in Mallorca and returned to Sweden.
- Princess Birgitta has been in Sweden for some weeks now, says Margareta Thorgren to Expressen.
- She left Spain during the time when it was still possible to travel. Now she will be in Sweden for some time to come.
Prinsessan Birgitta är tillbaka i Sverige – har flytt coronadrabbade Mallorca _ Svensk Dam

When was the last time she stayed for an extended length of time in Sweden? On the positive side, one hopes it will provide her and the rest of the Haga siblings a rare opportunity to reconnect.

When was the last time she stayed for an extended length of time in Sweden? On the positive side, one hopes it will provide her and the rest of the Haga siblings a rare opportunity to reconnect.
Although that sounds nice given that those over the age of 70 are encouraged to self isolate and unnecessary long distance travels are discouraged I doubt that we'll get a Haga reunion within the foreseeable future

Although that sounds nice given that those over the age of 70 are encouraged to self isolate and unnecessary long distance travels are discouraged I doubt that we'll get a Haga reunion within the foreseeable future

Ah, you are right, of course (I forgot that the King and Queen were in self-isolation despite the younger generation of royals still carrying out a few engagements). Well, perhaps after the threat has passed, the Princess can remain long enough to see her Swedish family members.

The corona crisis in Spain, where so many are infected and where hundreds die every day, eventually became too much: Over one a week ago, Princess Birgitta chose to leave her home in Santa Ponsa, Mallorca.
Now she is back in the Sweden where she was born and grew up. But when Svensk Damtidning speaks to her, she is brief about the decision to return home:
- These are difficult times now. Another time, it is better to talk.
In ordinary cases when Princess Birgitta is visiting Stockholm she often lives at Hotel Diplomat on Strandvägen. However, it is not known how she solved her housing situation this time, but she has a caring brother and the king probably makes sure his sister has arranged the accommodation. There are quite a few smaller floors at the Royal Palace, and also plenty of space at Drottningholm Palace. After all, the royal couple at Stenhammar have been there for a few weeks.
The court doesn't want to comment on anything further about Princess Birgitta's stay in Sweden.
- She's here as a private person, so it's not something the court informs about, says Margareta Thorgren.
Prinsessan Birgitta_ _Det är svåra tider nu_ _ Svensk Dam

:previous: Oh look, there they are, the King, Queen and Princess Birgitta taking a Sunday walk while maintaining social distancing:flowers:

- Princess Birgitta has been in Sweden for about a month. She is at Stenhammar and celebrated Easter with the royal couple, says Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning.
At Stenhammar there are many fancy rooms available. 20 more specifically. And then the princess gets some long-awaited time with her beloved brother - whom she has no chance to meet very often.
Prinsessan Birgittas liv på Stenhammar _ Svensk Dam

Unforgettable pictures of Princess Birgitta and Hansi
Princess Birgitta was married to Johann Georg Prince von Hohenzollern for 55 years. But they did not live together. We remember a marriage that stood out in royal contexts.
Although the relationship was often questioned, they loved each other as friends and Birgitta still mourns her husband, who passed away four years ago - after a time of illness.
Oförglömliga bilder på prinsessan Birgitta och Hansi _ Svensk Dam

Princess Birgitta's daughter Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach founded Desideria Care e.V. in 2017.
Désirée speaks at the video about dementia care, which Desideria Care e.V. published some days ago, she starts speaking at 0.33.

Princess Birgitta has left Stenhammar Castle and Sweden and gone to Germany.

Princess Birgitta, 83, has been living in the city of Santa Ponsa in Mallorca for 18 years, where she enjoys the sun and often spends her days on the golf course.
Spain declared national emergency because of the corona virus, and the right to move outside was severely restricted. But before that, Princess Birgitta had the chance to get to Sweden, the court confirmed in March.
Now Princess Birgitta tells us that she has lived in isolation ever since - along with her brother King Carl Gustaf and sister-in-law Queen Silvia.
- Yes, I have lived with them for over a month and a half, says Princess Birgitta.
The three senior royals have lived at Stenhammar castle outside Flen. The King and Queen have previously stated that they don't meet their family, other than through digital channels, and work from home.
How has it been for the princess to hang out and be so close with the King and Queen?
- Obviously, it's been very nice. I've seen a lot of Sweden. It is very gratifying because I have been away from Sweden for almost 60 years, so everything was very positive.
On Walpurgis Night evening, the king's 74th birthday was celebrated, and last Saturday the trio appeared on an excursion at Strömsholm Palace outside Västerås.
But earlier this week, the royal couple had to say goodbye to their resident guest. Princess Birgitta has now left Sweden and gone to Germany where all her three children live - Carl Christian, 58, Désirée, 56, and Hubertus, 53.
- I live with my son in Munich. I will try to get to Spain but I don't know how it will go - we will see, says Birgitta.
Is the princess longing for Mallorca?
- Yes, of course, to my own four walls. Now I feel homeless, she says and continues:
- What I look forward to most of all now is to come to Mallorca, I must say. To my home, being homeless doesn't feel so great. Uncertainty is terrible - can you come back? And if so, when and where? That makes it difficult.
In addition to the fear of not coming home - how is the princess physically?
- Otherwise everything is perfect, I feel great.
Will the princess return to Sweden this summer?
- No no no - I don't think we can fly the way we want anymore, it's just that.
Prinsessan Birgittas oro för framtiden_ ”Hemlös”

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach has also worked a lot at home during the corona crisis.
At Facebook of Desideria Care e.V. on 5th May:
Today a warm greeting from one of our home offices. By Désirée von Bohlen and Halbach, board member at Desideria Care, systemic coach and family therapy consultant at Omsorg. What is she doing at the home desk today?
"The Corona crisis has been going on for a few weeks now and I believe that we in the Desideria Care team are coping very well with the situation! I've always worked a lot from home, so I get along quite well. Of course, I lack the personal contact and the associated spirit from which we could all benefit. I also miss the presence coaching with my clients. But the time spent with Corona also has many positive aspects for me. For example, online coaching, which is now increasingly coming into focus. And we are currently working hard to bring a new and future-proof coaching offer to our clients! I find it a very exciting topic. Warm greetings to all interested parties!"
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a91467b6efbb18a0e80aedd96b1e8024&oe=5F0B8F3F

Princess Birgitta is back in Santa Ponsa, Mallorca. But she can not really live as she has done before.
At the end of March, Princess Birgitta's beloved Spain was affected by the coronavirus. Suddenly, the country's death toll was the second highest in the world and the king's sister was forced to act. She took her pack and left Santa Ponsa and flew home to Sweden to move in with the royal couple - at Stenhammar Castle.
Now Birgitta is back in Spain, despite the fact that the virus continues to spread in a furious roof. Svensk Damtidning called the princess to find out what everyday life looks like right now.
Birgitta about her new everyday life
- We can move outdoors on the street, but then we have to wear a mask.
- And I get to play golf again! All sports are allowed - and then you avoid the mask.
In fact, Spain has introduced strict rules to combat the pandemic. And if you do not follow the rules, you risk high fines. The penalties for not wearing a mouth guard are regulated by local laws and therefore vary, but it can cost up to 100 euros, equivalent to just over 1000 kronor, to go without. If you throw a used mask on the ground, you risk up to SEK 30,000, according to El Mundo.
But despite the mask. Birgitta points out that she has a much more fun everyday life than last spring.
Hårda kravet på prinsessan Birgitta –kan riskera böter _ Svensk Dam

The King's sister took the plane home to Stockholm. She managed to come up with one of the last scheduled flights before the borders were closed. And then Birgitta lived with the royal couple at Stenhammar for almost two months.
Now the princess is back in Santa Ponsa and for Svensk Damtidning she tells about the time with her dear relatives, who she otherwise lives so far away from.
- We ate lunch, dinner and went for walks. We hardly met anyone.
And when Svensk Damtidning asks what an ordinary day could look like, Birgitta gives a humorous answer.
- We had to go through the days and hope for better times.
Birgitta bodde ihop med Silvia – nytt avslöjande om drottningen _ Svensk Dam

The XXIXth edition of the traditional Trofeo S.A.R. Princesa Birgitta de Suecia Golf Tournament should have been held on 3-5 September at Club de Golf Santa Ponsa in Mallorca. It has been cancelled.
TORNEOS _ GOLF SANTA PONSA _ MALLORCA

Svensk Damtidning called princess Birgitta. Birgitta says that the sun shines in Mallorca, it's 23 degrees out there and she is playing golf. She is sad that she can't meet her child and grandchildren. But fortunately Birgitta can spend time with her great interest, golf, there are no restrictions in it. The golf course is also the only place where Birgitta avoids wearing masks. But on evenings and weekends, Birgitta stays home. She says that they can't go out, all parties and social stuff are canceled. You just have to persevere.
Prinsessan Birgitta om sin stora sorg _*Svensk Dam

Yes Pss Desiree does great work with her Foundation. The number of people suffering from Dementia is frightening. The present condition of the Pandemic make's the isolation even worse ,for the patient and the caretakers.

Svensk Damtidning has spoken with princess Birgitta, who now lives a quiet life in Santa Ponsa, in Mallorca. She can still enjoy long rounds of golf, but she longs for her children who usually visit her on a regular basis. Now Christmas Eve is here and Birgitta thinks of her loved ones. This year it is extremely unclear whether she will be able to be visited by anyone other than her eldest son Carl Christian. This is due to the restrictions that exist in large parts of the world.
Birgitta says that she doesn't know if Désirée and Hubertus will be able to come to visit. However, she says that she is doing very well despite the difficult world situation, you have to be careful and follow the rules.
Hemska beskedet till prinsessan Birgitta precis innan jul _*Svensk Dam

Svensk Damtidning has called princess Birgitta, she got the news about Victoria and Daniel been tested positive for Covid-19 on Friday. Birgitta said that it's unpleasant. You always get sad when it affects your family. Birgitta said that she will contact queen Silvia in the afternoon and hear how they are doing.
Birgitta upprörd över beskedet – ska kontakta drottning Silvia _*Svensk Dam

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach, the founder of Desideria Care e.V., was a guest at at the Kleines Theater Haar at DienstTALK with Matthias Riedel-Rüppel.
"The association "Desideria Care e.V." was founded in 2017 by Désireé von Bohlen und Halbach. She takes care of families who have a relative with dementia. 1.6 million people in Germany suffer from Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. The care structures are very much geared towards the needs of the sick. But what happens to the relatives?
What motivated the daughter of Brigitta of Sweden and Johann Georg von Hohenzollern to get involved in this area? How can you particularly support those affected and their families in the corona pandemic?"
Désirée's interview starts at 25.00.
Désirée's daughter Carolina zu Ortenburg takes care of the social media in Desideria Care e.V.
Desideria Care e.V. _Über uns

Matthias Riedel Rüppel, Tobias Probst, Tobias Boeck, Désirée von Bohlen von Halbach Founder Desideria Care, Anja Kälin and Isabelle Henn at the photo session for the program Music in the Head in cooperation with Desideria Care e.V. at the Kleines Theater Haar, 18th April 2021.
https://www.imago-images.de/bild/st/0116870630/w.jpg
Tobias Boeck and Désirée von Bohlen von Halbach
https://www.imago-images.de/bild/st/0116870633/w.jpg
https://www.imago-images.de/bild/st/0116870634/w.jpg

Last edited:
Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach on 13th June in a Podcast "Kasia trifft..."
Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach is the founder of the social start-up “Desideria Care”, which is committed to helping people with dementia and, above all, their relatives. Your mission is to promote a dementia-friendly society. She talks to Kasia about her great project.
Who is Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach?
Désirée is a systemic consultant and family coach. She came into contact with the subject through her aunt, Queen Silvia of Sweden, who set up a foundation dedicated to caring for people with dementia with dignity. “The need of the relatives is very close to my heart. Many do not even realize that they need help”, says Désirée, who knows from her daughter's anorexia illness how important it is in difficult phases of life to have people to help you. In order to give something back to society, she founded the “Desideria Care” association four years ago.
„Es ist nicht alles furchtbar, wenn die Diagnose Demenz im Raum steht_ – Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach bei „Kasia trifft ...“ _ www.emotion.de

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach with her co-workers on 15th June
"Desideria Care's journey began 4 years ago Today we are not only celebrating a birthday, but above all you: THANK YOU for the trust you have placed in us, the openness and the motivating feedback."

Desideria Care e.V. organized at the Kleines Theater Haar a virtual concert, second in series "Musik im Kopf".
Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach spoke in the beginning of the concert.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Together with Desideria Care e.V. we would like to give people who live with dementia and their families a morning dedicated to music and memories!
Music creates what words can often no longer do. It opens the door to memories. Only this moment counts. It puts a smile on the face of all listeners. Here you can be as you are - authentic, spontaneous and touched.
Désirée speaks at 34.50

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach a couple of weeks ago in a Podcast "Tanja Valérien – Gespräche über Wandlung":

Tanja Valérien speaks to Désiree von Bohlen und Halbach about her life as a born princess of Hohenzollern and niece of the Swedish king ... Her big concern, with her non-profit Munich association “Desideria Care”
To help relatives of people with dementia ... with why she didn't want to be a girl in the past ... the extreme connection to her mother, Her Royal Highness Brigitta Princess of Sweden and Hohenzollern ... about the deceased father, the renowned art historian and general director of the Bavarian State Painting Collections the art gallery of the Hypo-Kulturstiftung in Munich ... the two serious accidents that turned their life into a drama ... their two marriages and three children ... the difficulty of having a son live with his father ... the inexplicable love for men who are hunters, aristocratic circles, separation, miscarriage, family tradition, fate, change, blended family, taboos, tolerance, compassion and late fulfillment.
https://www.donna-magazin.de/leben-...gallery-vertical-prop/neues-podcast-foto.webp
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Vgb6jyrPnDvPNgrMJ5wdP

Statement by Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach on the occasion of the PresseClub forum "Dementia - Re-encountering forgetting" on September 20, 2021
On the occasion of World Alzheimer's Day and the Bavarian Dementia Week, Bavaria's Minister of Health, Klaus Holetschek, will discuss with Désirée von Bohlen and Halbach, Dr. Katharina Bürger and Prof. Dr. Johannes Ebke on new approaches to improving the living situation of people with dementia and their families.
https://desideriacare.de/fileadmin/...t_Desiree_von_Bohlen_beim_PC-Demenz-Forum.pdf

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach at PresseClub München's event on 20th September
On the day before World Alzheimer's Day, Bavaria's Minister of Health and Care, Klaus Holetschek discussed with Dr. Katharina Bürger (Chair of the Alzheimer Society Munich and Head of Studies at the Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research, LMU Klinikum), Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach (1st Chair of Desideria Care e. V., Munich) and Prof. Dr. Johannes Ebke (Munich University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics, Digital Transformation Lab of Munich University of Applied Sciences and the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship (SCE)), about specific measures and new approaches to improving the living situation of people with dementia and their families.

Back
Top Bottom