Princess Birgitta and Family, Current Events Part 1: December 2002 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be curious about their reasons for believing abdication would be a bad thing for their brother.

They were brought up in the old fashioned court of Gustaf V and Gustaf VI Adolf… The former being on the throne through 2 world wars when almost every big monarchy fell, and remaining there despite becoming senile in the last years of his life… The latter being very close to the British Royal Family in a time when the abdication crisis was a very hot topic…

No doubt they have been influenced by a view from the generation above them that abdications is something you shouldn’t do…

Last edited:
It is also refreshing to see that though the Haga princesses were raised being treated as lesser than their younger (for some of them much younger) brother solely because they were girls, the dynamic hasn't prevented them from enjoying a more normal older and younger sibling relationship in private life.

I would be curious about their reasons for believing abdication would be a bad thing for their brother.
Judging by what the sisters themselves and those around them in their childhood have said the constitutional differences between them and their brother is a harder pill to swallow for you than it has been for them.

Judging by what the sisters themselves and those around them in their childhood have said the constitutional differences between them and their brother is a harder pill to swallow for you than it has been for them.

Not sure what you mean: that the sisters believe the constitution should have continued to deem women less qualified than men for the position of head of state? As that is the pill which I think is well that women are no longer forced to swallow, as you put it. If that is what you meant, I would be interested to know when they said so.

If, on the other hand, you were referring to their satisfaction with their private lives and family relationships, then I'm at a loss to see where we disagree.

Not sure what you mean: that the sisters believe the constitution should have continued to deem women less qualified than men for the position of head of state? As that is the pill which I think is well that women are no longer forced to swallow, as you put it. If that is what you meant, I would be interested to know when they said so.

If, on the other hand, you were referring to their satisfaction with their private lives and family relationships, then I'm at a loss to see where we disagree.
The assumption of yours that the sisters' constitutional status meant that they were treated as being of less value than their brother while growing up has no base in what they and those around them have ever said about their upbringing and their family dynamics.

The assumption of yours that the sisters' constitutional status meant that they were treated as being of less value than their brother while growing up has no base in what they and those around them have ever said about their upbringing and their family dynamics.

They were raised in the knowledge that they were treated as being of less value by the constitution, as you acknowledged, and by extension the political establishment if not the general public. It seems to have been your assumption that my post meant they were treated as lesser in their family dynamics.

Last edited:
They were raised in the knowledge that they were treated as being of less value by the constitution, as you acknowledged, and by extension the political establishment if not the general publilc. It seems to have been your assumption that my post meant they were treated as lesser in their family dynamics.
Since you didn't specify your opinion more exact that's a very easy assumption to make.

Last edited:
2. Desideria Care & Play charity golf tournament was organized on on June at the Tegernsee Golf Club Bad Wiessee.
Photos of Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach at Desideria Care's Facebook
"The 2nd charity golf tournament Desideria Care & Play at Tegernsee Golf Club Bad Wiessee was a great success! 68 golfers raised a handsome donation of 50,900 euros for the work of our association. Thanks to everyone who made this day possible, who were there and who support us and our work. We are already looking forward to the next tournament!"
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=606047521629417&set=pcb.606047584962744
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=606047524962750&set=pcb.606047584962744
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=606047528296083&set=pcb.606047584962744

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach at Desideria Care's campaign
"Don't be surprised - join in!
With a selfie in a bathrobe in a place where you wouldn't normally stand like that, we want to show solidarity with the 1.8 million people in Germany who are currently suffering from dementia!
Why? Because it is important to draw much more attention to Alzheimer's dementia and to support dementia research in Germany!
Join us and post your selfie in a bathrobe in an unusual place in September and link to @bademantelchallenge"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwpVy-5NOB1/?img_index=1

Svensk Damtidning writes about princess Birgitta's interview in Expressen.
Birgitta told that during the covid pandemic she was really bored, sitting at her home drinking coffee. They were only allowed to go out if we are going shopping or to the pharmacy. She belonged to a risk group when the pandemic hit with full force. She went home to Sweden, and lived with the King and Queen in Stenhammar Castle.
Birgitta now talks about her time in Sweden and reveals what the King is like behind the scenes, how the King made every dinner for them.
- My children were so worried about me. They said: "You must not stay in Spain!" Then I stayed with them in Stenhammar for a month and a half and he cooked every single dinner.
Yes, he has a bit of an unexpected talent in the kitchen, says Birgitta, and he should be particularly good at sauces. But not everything was to her liking.
- There were some strange dishes that I couldn't eat, I had to make my omelettes and spaghetti myself. But he is fantastic at sauces and sauces are the art of the kitchen.
Prinsessan Birgitta om Kung Carl Gustafs okända talang _*Svensk Dam

The XXIXth edition of the traditional Trofeo S.A.R. Princesa Birgitta de Suecia Golf Tournament will be held November 1-4 at Club de Golf Santa Ponsa in Mallorca.
Program
November 1 and 2 – Wednesday and Thursday:
- Official training days (Golf Santa Ponsa I and II)
- Thursday, November 2. 18:00 – Welcome cocktail at the Hotel Kimpton Aysla Mallorca
November 3 – Friday:
- 8:00 – First day of competition at Golf Santa Ponsa II
November 4 – Saturday:
- 8:00 – Second day of competition at Golf Santa Ponsa I.
- 19:00 – Awards dinner at the Hotel Kimpton Aysla Mallorca
https://www.fbgolf.com/upload/media...a-xxix-trofeo-princesa-birgitta-de-suecia.pdf

Princess Birgitta has again spoken with Hänt Magazine.
This time she spoke about that although her children are cousins of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine, they don't hang out too often with the king's children. They live in so many different countries, so it's not that easy to get them together. The children have jobs, they have their own children and they have a lot to do, so it is not very easy to get it all together. But they all otherwise get on very well together. Birgitta is asked if her children spend time with Victoria sometimes and Birgitta says that when they see each other, of course, but they never see each other. Birgitta's children live in Germany and have their jobs and families there, so what would they do in Sweden all the time. It doesn't work. It is simply natural that it is so. Birgitta awaits her children visiting her on Mallorca in October.
Därför umgås inte kronprinsessan Victoria med sina kusiner _ Hänt

They are, first of all, much older than Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine.

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach was on World Alzheimer's Day 21st September interviewed on ZDF.
"“In Germany alone, around five and a half million relatives take care of their family members suffering from dementia. Around 85 percent need support themselves in order to get through what can often be long-term stress,” says our founder Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach. Désirée can currently be seen in the ZDF program “Volle Kanne”. There she talks about the performance and burden of caring relatives and what needs to change in society. She also presents the Desideria Prize for photography.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CxchrZwti8T/?img_index=1
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cxc8M8VN1UE/?img_index=1
Volle Kanne mit Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach 21. September 2023 - ZDFmediathek.html

Charity Auction in benefit of Desideria Care e.V. on 5th October
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx-2FrKtbAR/?img_index=1
Profimedia gallery

"Great evening with a great result! We would like to thank all buyers and sponsors as well as all artists for the generous donation of their works. We would especially like to thank Sotheby’s Cologne @sothebys and the three Rotary Clubs Vienna-West, Vienna-Belvedere and Cologne Ville for making this possible for us. We are overjoyed and pleased that we can use the proceeds from this charity art auction to further expand our offerings to strengthen relatives of people with dementia and thus advance our vision of a dementia-friendly society."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CyLVc2pNLOp/?img_index=1

Last edited:
Princess Birgitta has been interviewed by Expressen. It's a paywall article.
The friends of the same age are whiny. The kids say she needs to calm down.
But Princess Birgitta continues to live her own life in Mallorca - and goes absolutely crazy when she meets Rafael Nadal.
- In my head I am still 25 years old. But my children say "Mommy, you're not 25 anymore", she says and laughs.
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/ef/9c/ef9c177865c440768e9e52b6e9b4f25d/annan/640@60.jpg
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/14/cf/14cf7c1a6f3748b99aaad8d65bb1f395/16x9/1280@60.jpg
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/58/f2/58f2788734f7439483cd800cd6a5d826/16x9/1280@60.jpg
Sanningen om separationen från maken – därför lever prinsessan Birgitta ensam på Mallorca _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Allt om kungligt quotes the interview:
Birgitta talks about her concern for Madeleine and Chris moving to Sweden next year. Birgitta doesn't understand that. How will Chris manage it? Madeleine yes, but Brigitta doesn't understand how Chris is going to manage it. But they want to come home because they want the children in Swedish schools.
In the 90s Birgitta and her husband moved apart and never lived together again, even though they were married. Birgitta says that it was only because he wanted to move into town. Birgitta had always lived outside Munich in Grünwald, and then her husband wanted to move into town. Birgitta didn't want to move and asked if she could stay on Mallorca instead. It was practical. He had his job and his interests. Birgitta had her golf and her life.
Birgitta enjoys the sun on Mallorca. She doesn't understand how people cope with the climate in Sweden. Maybe people get used to it, she doesn't remember what it was like. She can't imagine moving to Stockholm. She thinks it's the best for her on Mallorca, there she has her golf, that's why she came there in the first place.
Prinsessan Birgittas oro för Madeleine och Chris - Allt om kungligt

Princess Birgitta this evening at an event of XXIX Trofeo Princesa Birgitta de Suecia (The XXIXth edition of the traditional Princess Birgitta of Sweden Golf Tournament).
https://i.postimg.cc/2jxS86BP/B1.jpg

There were training days yesterday and today and the competition on Friday and Saturday.

Last edited:
Princess Birgitta celebrates today her 87th birthday.

Hänt Magazine called Birgitta yesterday and asked how she is going to celebrate her birthday. Birgitta said that she doesn't celebrate much, she doesn't want to, because it is not fun to get old, so it's just as well to take it easy. She'll celebrate a bit of course, just calm and peaceful. She doesn't wish anything else than that she gets to be healthy. Health is the most important thing. In recent days there hasn't been much golf, because the weather has been a bit dull for some days. But when it gets better, she'll be out again, she hopes.
Därför firar inte prinsessan Birgitta sin 87-årsdag _ Hänt

Birgitta said to Svensk Damtidning today that she is having a group of Swedish girlfriends over for dinner tonight. She told that the King had just called, congratulated her and told how beautiful it is in Sweden right now, with all the snow.
SD asks if Birgitta has got a present? Birgitta said that she doesn't need that. Only that she can have health. Now she feels fine. A week ago she had surgery on her arm. It wasn't a fracture, it was blood that had run down the arm, the arm was like a balloon. It was serious then, but now it's resolved. Now she has no problems.
Prinsessan Birgitta tvingad till operation _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
CEO of Desideria Care e.V., Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach had a very special appointment at the Munich KinderHOUSE, a German/English-speaking parent-child initiative. 20 children between ages of 6 and 10 welcomed her to present her with a check for 500 euros for Desideria Care's work. They raised the money through a bake sale in December.
Some of the children have already had their first contact with dementia and, for example, grandmas or grandpas who suffer from dementia or have died from it. They took the opportunity to find out more about the illness from Désirée, who says: “I was deeply touched by how many questions came. The children deal with the topic very seriously, they want to understand why grandma or grandpa changes so much and what happens to them. You might think that dementia is far away, especially among little ones, but reality shows that this issue also affects young people and worries them a lot”.
Kinder vom KinderHouse München spenden 500 Euro an Desideria _ Desideria

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom