The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2019, 05:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

While in Sweden in November, princess Birgitta gave an interview to Svensk Damtidning, at the interview she spoke also about her daughter Désirée.

Crown Princess Victoria's cousin Désirée has a new career - and the support of Queen Silvia has meant a lot, her mother Princess Birgitta says.
Princess Désirée is Crown Princess Victoria's Swedish-German cousin, and they meet regularly when there is a large family party. But above all, she is Princess Birgitta's second oldest child, and it was a very proud mother who told about her daughter's new career when Svensk Damtidning met her during her Sweden visit.
Unlike Princess Birgitta herself, who grew up in an extremely protected royal world at Haga Palace, her three children have lived relatively ordinary lives. Which means they all work professionally.
And now Birgitta's daughter Désirée has found a job that she really loves, at age 56.
- She works as a dementia instructor at Malteser Stiftung in Munich, they have both nursing homes and day care for people affected by dementia, says Princess Birgitta.
A job that is about disseminating knowledge about dementia, both to the healthcare and care staff and to the relatives.
Mom Birgitta nodded proudly.
- She's so competent, I must say. So committed. I think it's great to see. Yes she has really found the right and she is so happy, it is fantastic.
- But it's not an easy job, after all. But very important. And she is very happy. I'm so happy for her.
Has she had contact with Queen Silvia in this?
- Yes, it was the Queen who helped her get into it all. After all, Désirée has trained in the dementia problem in Sweden, at Silviahemmet.
- Yes, that's right, says Silviahemmet's principal Wilhelmina Hoffman.
- Désirée has been trained as a Silvia home instructor through Silviahemmet and our collaboration with Malteserorden in Germany with concluding training days and examination at Silviahemmet in Drottningholm.
Princess Désirée is the daughter of Princess Birgitta and Prince Johann Georg (who passed away in 2016). Her title is Princess of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and she has seven names: Désirée Margareta Victoria Louise Sibylla Katharina Maria.
From her first marriage to Heinrich, Count of Ortenburg, Désirée has three adult children: Carl Theodor, 27, Frederick, 24, and Carolina, 22.
Today she is married to the German aristocrat Eckbert von Bohlen und Halbach, 63, who is the CEO of Bohlen Industrie GmbH. They got married in 2004 on Désirée's birthday and they celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary in November.
Drottning Silvias okända stöd till Victorias kusin _ Svensk Dam

Old 01-19-2020, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta celebrates today her 83rd birthday.

Here is a photo of Birgitta which I haven't seen before.
https://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...a-cordon-t.jpg

Old 01-23-2020, 09:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta spends almost all her days on the golf course. She has lived in Germany before but for many years the city of Santa Ponsa, in Mallorca, is her home.
Birgitta loves the sun and the proximity to the golf course and over the years she has created a large contact network on the beautiful holiday island. She hardly ever goes home to Sweden. It's too cold and dark, says Birgitta.
But luckily she has close contact with the children, even though they live so far away. All three, Carl Christian, 57, Désirée, 56, and Hubertus, 53, reside in Munich, but when Svensk Damtidning reaches Birgitta over the phone, it turns out that the youngest son Hubertus is actually visiting his mother, right now.
- My son is actually here for a whole week. We are playing golf right now.
Is he as interested in golf as his mother?
- He's started to get it. It has come in recent years.
Prinsessan Birgitta om veckan med sonen _ Svensk Dam
Old 01-26-2020, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta's everyday life is in the city of Santa Ponsa. The king's sister has no plans to move home to Sweden.
Birgitta rarely attends royal festivities and events in Stockholm. At the royal children's wedding she was of course one of the guests of honor, but otherwise the princess is pleased to represent Sweden abroad.
In fact, we probably won't see Birgitta in Stockholm, all spring. When we reach her over the phone (in the middle of a golf round) there is nothing to indicate that the princess misses the cold Sweden.
Will the princess come to Stockholm this spring?
- I don't think so.
Birgitta has told us that the Swedish winter never attracts. It's too cold and awful simply. Besides, she has her dear golf club in Santa Ponsa - and plays almost every day. 18 holes take about 1.5 days to go, the princess has explained, and in addition she spends time with friends on the golf course. Birgitta is still in good shape and the training makes her feel good.
But once she gets "home", the guest room at the Palace is always ready for the princess. If she does not live there she likes to stay at Hotel Diplomat.
Birgittas tydliga besked om framtiden _ Svensk Dam
Old 03-17-2020, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta talks about her heart problems
Right now Princess Birgitta is in the home quarantine in Mallorca and she tells Svensk Damtidning the main reason why she absolutely must not get infected by the corona virus.
Princess Birgitta is used to social life with friends out on the golf course. But now she is forced to stay home because of the corona virus.
- I am really bored. I sit here, between my closed doors and drink coffee. We can only go out if we are going to shop or go to the pharmacy. Otherwise, we'll stay inside.
The princess is missing the golf I understand?
- Yes, I really do.
Birgitta also says that she has close contact with her children, who live in Munich. They are worried about their mother because she was hospitalized two months ago, due to heart problems.
- My heart had to be restarted. But now I feel good. My kids keep talking about me being in a risk group, but I don't want to listen to it.
But despite the fact that Princess Birgitta thinks that the clock goes slowly when she can't be out golfing, she is set to follow the Spanish authorities' recommendations. And stay inside as long as needed.
Is the princess worried about the corona virus?
- I'm not the one who worries me unnecessarily but it is a serious situation and we have to conform with it. But I am basically a positive person and believe that we will ride out this storm.
Prinsessan Birgitta berättar om hjärtproblemen _ Svensk Dam
Old 03-30-2020, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta has left her home in Santa Ponsa in Mallorca and returned to Sweden.
- Princess Birgitta has been in Sweden for some weeks now, says Margareta Thorgren to Expressen.
- She left Spain during the time when it was still possible to travel. Now she will be in Sweden for some time to come.
Prinsessan Birgitta är tillbaka i Sverige – har flytt coronadrabbade Mallorca _ Svensk Dam
Old 03-30-2020, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Birgitta has left her home in Santa Ponsa in Mallorca and returned to Sweden.
- Princess Birgitta has been in Sweden for some weeks now, says Margareta Thorgren to Expressen.
- She left Spain during the time when it was still possible to travel. Now she will be in Sweden for some time to come.
Prinsessan Birgitta är tillbaka i Sverige – har flytt coronadrabbade Mallorca _ Svensk Dam
When was the last time she stayed for an extended length of time in Sweden? On the positive side, one hopes it will provide her and the rest of the Haga siblings a rare opportunity to reconnect.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
When was the last time she stayed for an extended length of time in Sweden? On the positive side, one hopes it will provide her and the rest of the Haga siblings a rare opportunity to reconnect.
Although that sounds nice given that those over the age of 70 are encouraged to self isolate and unnecessary long distance travels are discouraged I doubt that we'll get a Haga reunion within the foreseeable future
Old 03-30-2020, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Although that sounds nice given that those over the age of 70 are encouraged to self isolate and unnecessary long distance travels are discouraged I doubt that we'll get a Haga reunion within the foreseeable future
Ah, you are right, of course (I forgot that the King and Queen were in self-isolation despite the younger generation of royals still carrying out a few engagements). Well, perhaps after the threat has passed, the Princess can remain long enough to see her Swedish family members.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

The corona crisis in Spain, where so many are infected and where hundreds die every day, eventually became too much: Over one a week ago, Princess Birgitta chose to leave her home in Santa Ponsa, Mallorca.
Now she is back in the Sweden where she was born and grew up. But when Svensk Damtidning speaks to her, she is brief about the decision to return home:
- These are difficult times now. Another time, it is better to talk.
In ordinary cases when Princess Birgitta is visiting Stockholm she often lives at Hotel Diplomat on Strandvägen. However, it is not known how she solved her housing situation this time, but she has a caring brother and the king probably makes sure his sister has arranged the accommodation. There are quite a few smaller floors at the Royal Palace, and also plenty of space at Drottningholm Palace. After all, the royal couple at Stenhammar have been there for a few weeks.
The court doesn't want to comment on anything further about Princess Birgitta's stay in Sweden.
- She's here as a private person, so it's not something the court informs about, says Margareta Thorgren.
Prinsessan Birgitta_ _Det är svåra tider nu_ _ Svensk Dam
Old 04-05-2020, 05:38 AM
Serene Highness

It appears that Princess Birgitta is staying with the Royal Couple at Stenhammar. https://www.instagram.com/p/B-UY3DQJ...=16122laz84tpk
Old 04-05-2020, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Oh look, there they are, the King, Queen and Princess Birgitta taking a Sunday walk while maintaining social distancing
Old 04-15-2020, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

- Princess Birgitta has been in Sweden for about a month. She is at Stenhammar and celebrated Easter with the royal couple, says Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning.
At Stenhammar there are many fancy rooms available. 20 more specifically. And then the princess gets some long-awaited time with her beloved brother - whom she has no chance to meet very often.
Prinsessan Birgittas liv på Stenhammar _ Svensk Dam
Old 04-18-2020, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unforgettable pictures of Princess Birgitta and Hansi
Princess Birgitta was married to Johann Georg Prince von Hohenzollern for 55 years. But they did not live together. We remember a marriage that stood out in royal contexts.
Although the relationship was often questioned, they loved each other as friends and Birgitta still mourns her husband, who passed away four years ago - after a time of illness.
Oförglömliga bilder på prinsessan Birgitta och Hansi _ Svensk Dam
Old 05-03-2020, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta's daughter Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach founded Desideria Care e.V. in 2017.
Désirée speaks at the video about dementia care, which Desideria Care e.V. published some days ago, she starts speaking at 0.33.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta has left Stenhammar Castle and Sweden and gone to Germany.

Princess Birgitta, 83, has been living in the city of Santa Ponsa in Mallorca for 18 years, where she enjoys the sun and often spends her days on the golf course.
Spain declared national emergency because of the corona virus, and the right to move outside was severely restricted. But before that, Princess Birgitta had the chance to get to Sweden, the court confirmed in March.
Now Princess Birgitta tells us that she has lived in isolation ever since - along with her brother King Carl Gustaf and sister-in-law Queen Silvia.
- Yes, I have lived with them for over a month and a half, says Princess Birgitta.
The three senior royals have lived at Stenhammar castle outside Flen. The King and Queen have previously stated that they don't meet their family, other than through digital channels, and work from home.
How has it been for the princess to hang out and be so close with the King and Queen?
- Obviously, it's been very nice. I've seen a lot of Sweden. It is very gratifying because I have been away from Sweden for almost 60 years, so everything was very positive.
On Walpurgis Night evening, the king's 74th birthday was celebrated, and last Saturday the trio appeared on an excursion at Strömsholm Palace outside Västerås.
But earlier this week, the royal couple had to say goodbye to their resident guest. Princess Birgitta has now left Sweden and gone to Germany where all her three children live - Carl Christian, 58, Désirée, 56, and Hubertus, 53.
- I live with my son in Munich. I will try to get to Spain but I don't know how it will go - we will see, says Birgitta.
Is the princess longing for Mallorca?
- Yes, of course, to my own four walls. Now I feel homeless, she says and continues:
- What I look forward to most of all now is to come to Mallorca, I must say. To my home, being homeless doesn't feel so great. Uncertainty is terrible - can you come back? And if so, when and where? That makes it difficult.
In addition to the fear of not coming home - how is the princess physically?
- Otherwise everything is perfect, I feel great.
Will the princess return to Sweden this summer?
- No no no - I don't think we can fly the way we want anymore, it's just that.
Prinsessan Birgittas oro för framtiden_ ”Hemlös”
Old 06-13-2020, 12:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach has also worked a lot at home during the corona crisis.
At Facebook of Desideria Care e.V. on 5th May:
Today a warm greeting from one of our home offices. By Désirée von Bohlen and Halbach, board member at Desideria Care, systemic coach and family therapy consultant at Omsorg. What is she doing at the home desk today?
"The Corona crisis has been going on for a few weeks now and I believe that we in the Desideria Care team are coping very well with the situation! I've always worked a lot from home, so I get along quite well. Of course, I lack the personal contact and the associated spirit from which we could all benefit. I also miss the presence coaching with my clients. But the time spent with Corona also has many positive aspects for me. For example, online coaching, which is now increasingly coming into focus. And we are currently working hard to bring a new and future-proof coaching offer to our clients! I find it a very exciting topic. Warm greetings to all interested parties!"
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...24&oe=5F0B8F3F
Old 08-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

A couple of old photos of Birgitta which I hadn't seen before.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Tags
bernadotte, birgitta, hohenzollern, princess birgitta