Opening of Parliament, Riksdagen 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Opening of Parliament 2006

Soon it's time for the Opening of Parliament again. Not much to get excited about in terms of ceremonial, but it's a chance to see the whole family together at least!

Tuesday 3/10

> H.M. The King, H.M. The Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine, H.R.H. Princess Lilian
Attendance at a church service connected to the Opening of Parliament

> H.M. The King, H.M. The Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine, H.R.H. Princess Lilian
The Opening of Parliament
The Parliament House, Stockholm

Attendance at a concert connected to the Opening of Parliament
The Concert Hall, Stockholm

I am :) The royals have left the building and everything was as it use to be. The Kings speach, music...

The royal family was there. The Queen, Crownprincess and princess Lilian wore black/blue. Princess Madeleine wore a beige dress. And the King and prince Carl Philip wore dark suits as always :)

Victoria had a blue hat on that she wore at the opening in 1997. Talk about old stuff :) But I like that hat alot. Looks great on her

Hello Yennie. I have to say that hat is by far not my favorite of Victoria's hats.
Regarding the lady that sung during the cermony, I supose it was a tradicional song. Can you tell me anything else about it?:flowers:

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (R) chats with speaker of parliament Per Westerberg at an opening session in Stockholm 03 October, 2006. The Social Democrats who have governed for twelve years were ousted by a liberal-conservative four-party alliance in the 17 September general election

King Carl Gustaf of Sweden (L) addresses parliament in Stockholm 03 October 2006.

from anp

Last edited:
some more photos....

from SP and Sven-Erik Sjöberg via DN

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ladies looks very Good!! I like the hat of Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine!

Shocking news...a so called Swedish fashion expert has Victoria in her judgement of the day higher ranked than Madeleine. Ok, it wasn´t Ebba von Sydow and also not Sofi Fahrman, but still...!
Personally I´m agreeing with this expert (Jennifer Grönqvist) Madeleine looked appropriate and pretty...but also a little bit dull. Not that Victoria was a stunner today, but better than Madeleine. Good to know, there are some working non biased eyes in the Swedish fashion world...sigh :wub: ;)

I liked Victoria's outfit too, more than Madeleine's. But Madeleine got much more of press atention than Victoria...
Silvia was so beautiful as always! :flowers:

Little comparison...Victoria at the opening of the parliament today (l) and 9 years ago (r) From SP and AP.
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/abec98afd0bffef05b2fe79cd13324b4

I don´t know, what to think about the hat. It is far away from being my favourite, but it gives her such an incredible dramatic look, if one is able to photograph her eyes under it (so from the bottom upwards)
I´m glad to see, that Lilian is still going strong and while she sometimes seemed a little "absent" at other duties (perfectly understandable for a woman of 91 years of course), she seemed today, as if she would have been in high spirits.

omg, she has the exakt same pose :lol:

I like that hat... mainly because it isn´t so "ladylike" as hats tend to be. It doesnt looks like a hat queen Silvia would wear and imo its perfect for a young woman who has to wear hats
I think Madeleine looks way older than she really is when she has a hat on.

Madeleine looks rather mumsy in her outfit IMO, not that it is the event to make fashionstatements but the Queen wears a younger looking outfit

Bob Strong/Reuters

Larzen said:
Madeleine looks rather mumsy in her outfit IMO, not that it is the event to make fashionstatements but the Queen wears a younger looking outfit

Agreed (well, when not? ;)) The skirt length is actually appropriate for a prinsessan (esp for one, who has a soft spot for showing cleavage ;)), but together with the riffles at the end, the fabric, the colour and the bows at the pockets, it gives an incredibly dull impression. Well, I´d say sometimes she also needs to do such things to be taken seriously as princess. And as the chances for ending as "Östermalmtant" aren´t bad, a little training doesn´t hurt :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Silvia and Victoria looks great. :flowers:

I like Madeleine's hat but not the outfit. Be honet it wasn't a good choice. Maybe if the coulour would be different, darker than this grey - navy or black and white or even dark grey she would look better. Skirt should be little shorter I think.

Last edited:
Is it me or Victoria´s [SIZE=-1]hat looks "crooked"¿ I [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hope t[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hat is t[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]he word. And, I love [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]him but Carl P[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hilip s[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hould [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]have [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]his [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hair s[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]horter. In my opinion it doesnt look [/SIZE]good [SIZE=-1]how it falls on t[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]he back of [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]his s[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hirt´s collar. See:.[/SIZE]http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=15&id=9783&zoektype=2&search=03-10-2006%20Stockholm
[SIZE=-1]
I t[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hink Madeline looks ok, not t[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]he best we´ve seen [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]her, but s[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]he is beautiful and tall enou[/SIZE]g[SIZE=-1]h to wear w[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]hat ever s[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]he wants to.
[/SIZE]

more photos from today!

taken by Hussein El Alawi via Sydsvenskan

:flowers: I love the Queens hat.
Its nice to see the family out and about. They have a very low key summer. Hopefully we will see more of them.:flowers:

I have no complaints today. I'm just happy to see the whole family together. The last time we saw them all together was Victoria's birthday in July.

More photos from The Opening of Swedish Parliament 03-10-2006

Photos from Polfoto and PPE Agency

H.M. The King, H.M. The Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess

Interesting to see Victoria go with the jacket style over formal outfit again. I wonder if this will become her "trademark" look. She wears it well.

Victoria looks radiant in that picture, love the pink and black combo.

royalgertjan

I hope this quote answers your question.I edited my post because the quote was wrong

GrandDuchess said:
Tuesday 3/10

Attendance at a church service connected to the Opening of Parliament

The Opening of Parliament
The Parliament House, Stockholm

> H.M. The King, H.M. The Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess

Last edited:
Victoria looks really great on the photo from the concert, would love a better view of what the queen wore, but the little we can see looks good.

Back
Top Bottom