The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Cobblestones on many Stockholm streets are famous for chewing up women's heels. Glad the King had a firm grip on the Queen's hand and saved the moment.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia's heel got stuck in the trolley stairs when she would leave the rig. But King Carl Gustaf stepped in and helped her keep balance.
Drottning Silvia tappade skon | Inrikes | SvD

Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
My goodness! They look more like they are at a funeral! And is there any significance for the empty chair between the king and Victoria?
You took the words right out of my mouth!!! These pics are hysterical, everyone is either half asleep, asleep, or looking like they want to be anywhere else but where they are LOL!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth!!! These pics are hysterical, everyone is either half asleep, asleep, or looking like they want to be anywhere else but where they are LOL!!!!
Since it is a dignified and solemn event, it is understandable that they look serious. Victoria and Daniel had a little fun though.

Short video
Riksmötet har öppnat | Politik | Politik

In the evening, at the Royal Swedish Opera
Kvällen avslutades med ett operabesök Svensk Damtidning
Old 09-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Victoria and Daniel had a little fun though.
Yes, but her father doesn 't look too impressed with them though.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery
BILDEXTRA Riksmötet - Sverige - Sydsvenskan-Nyheter Dygnet Runt
Old 09-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Yes, that's what I was talking about! Obviously not the most stimulating of events. Although I must say I appreciate the background information about the dress code, and the empty seat. Thank you.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

From the evening
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...ec/kungabarnen
http://image.gala.de/v1/cms/yl/schwe....jpg?v=8309443
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C
Victoria and Daniel had a little fun though. Yes, but her father doesn 't look too impressed with them though.
True! His eyes seem to be telling them off.
I wondered on several occasions about the feelings of the king towards his children, and generally come to the conclusion that his main feelings are just frustration: something like "how can I make myself more attractive?"

If I understood it correctly, while they were on the balcony on Sunday, there were some wishes from the crowd to Daniel, who had his birthday. I think he witdrew himself rather quickly to stop them, but still I doubt the king appreciated.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Here's one more gallery from yesterday:

** pp: Famille royale de Suède: Victoria et Madeleine subliment la rentrée du Parlement **
Old 09-08-2014, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Opening of Parliament, Riksdagen 2014

The events surrounding the state opening of parliament have just been added to the court calendar. It will take place on the 30th of September and the entire royal family will be in attendance, including Prince Carl Philip, and therefore Sofia will most probably attend as his fiancé, like Chris did last year, this will be her first representational event if I'm not mistaken.
The events will include:
. A church service at the Cathedral in Stockholm
. The actual parliamentary session where the King will officially open parliament, at the Houses of Parliament, The Riksdag
. A performance at the concert hall (in the past years including last year the performance used take place at the royal opera house...I wonder why a change in venue)
And the whole thing will most probably be televised like it usually is
Old 09-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
The events surrounding the state opening of parliament have just been added to the court calendar. It will take place on the 30th of September and the entire royal family will be in attendance, including Prince Carl Philip, and therefore Sofia will most probably attend as his fiancé, like Chris did last year, this will be her first representational event if I'm not mistaken.
The events will include:
. A church service at the Cathedral in Stockholm
. The actual parliamentary session where the King will officially open parliament, at the Houses of Parliament, The Riksdag
. A performance at the concert hall (in the past years including last year the performance used take place at the royal opera house...I wonder why a change in venue)
And the whole thing will most probably be televised like it usually is
Chris and Madeleine were married last year when he attended the state opening of parliament so that was not strange, was it?

Whether Sofia will attend remains to be seen, when I read this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
do you think we will see her at opening of parliment?
Quote:
We will see. Daniel and Jonas Bergström didn't attend at the opening of the Parliament in 2009 when they were engaged with Victoria and Madeleine.
Perhaps it is different now, or not. I am curious either way.

And she was already by Carl Philip's side at Victoria's birthday concert, so according to me that was her first representational appearance.

P.S.: Is she now allowed to accompany him when he does his patronage visits? Even abroad?
Old 09-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Chris and Madeleine were married last year when he attended the state opening of parliament so that was not strange, was it?

Whether Sofia will attend remains to be seen, when I read this post:

Perhaps it is different now, or not. I am curious either way.

And she was already by Carl Philip's side at Victoria's birthday concert, so according to me that was her first representational appearance.

P.S.: Is she now allowed to accompany him when he does his patronage visits? Even abroad?
yes you are right about that, I got mixed up because it was his first time attending the events.....Well Victoria's birthday was her first official appearance with the family but it was a family affair as opposed to the state opening of parliament, which in my opinion is more related to representing the nation.....and as Carl Philips fiance Sofia can attend all the events he is listed to attend I think, both local and abroad...for instance Prince Daniel attended Queen Margrethe of Denmark's birthday celebrations back 2010, even though they werent married yet.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
yes you are right about that, I got mixed up because it was his first time attending the events.....Well Victoria's birthday was her first official with the family appearance but it was a family affair as opposed to the state opening of parliament, which in my opinion is more related to representing the nation.....and as Carl Philips fiance Sofia can attend all the events he is listed to attend I think, both local and abroad...for instance Prince Daniel attended Queen Margrethe of Denmark's birthday celebrations back 2010, even though they werent married yet.
That is true, that was more a family appearance and this is a nation-thing.
We will see on September 30th.
And on September 24th Carl Philip has an attendance at the opening of the Carl Larsson. The Good Life exhibition in Copenhagen.
So if Sofia is now allowed to accompany him there might be a fair chance of her also being there. At least I hope so, I think it is high time that we see them together (officially) again.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Well, I think that if Daniel did not attend she will not go IMO. It would be really strange is she went there while the future prince consort didn't go...
Old 09-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Actually they are alternating between The Royal Opera and The Concert Hall. Last year at the Opera and 2012 at the Concert Hall. So it's business as usual.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be nice to see Prince Carl Philip & Sofia again. they haven't carried out any engagements together since Victoria's birthday concert.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It would be nice to see Prince Carl Philip & Sofia again. they haven't carried out any engagements together since Victoria's birthday concert.
Exactly, I want to see more of them together before they get married and before the events surrounding the wedding start.

I do not think she will attend the opening of state parliament - considering that there is no precedent - but it is fun to dream.

Perhaps she will join Carl Philip for his visit to Denmark, then we will at least have seen them together again when he has to sit alone for the last time when parliament opens.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Madeleine will not attend the opening of parliament, her name has been scrapped from the calendar on that day.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Program
12.30 The church service at the Stockholm Cathedral
The members of the Royal Family will travel in procession from the Royal Palace and will arrive at Riksplan shortly before 14.00 where they will be met by the Speaker.
14.00 Ceremony in the Chamber
19.00 Performance on The Stockholm Concert Hall

Tags
carl gustav, carl philip, chris o'neill, crown princess victoria, king carl gustaf and queen silvia, king carl gustav, opening of parliament, parliament, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess madeleine, queen silvia, riksdagen, silvia, stockholm, sweden, swedish royal family