June 6 - Sweden's National Day (2010-2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
The royal family will participate today in the National Day celebrations in Skansen. Daniel Westling will participate in the celebrations for the first time. The royal family´s procession way is this year a little longer than usual, as a rehearsal to the wedding.
Nationaldagsfirande med bröllopstema | Inrikes | TT | Senaste nytt | Aftonbladet
Procession of the royal family starts outside the Royal Palace 18.30 and expected to arrive shortly before 19:00 to Skansen. After the celebration at Skansen, the royal family gives a reception for invited guests at the Royal Palace.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can watch it live from Skansen, the royal family has just arrived:
Se sändningen från Skansen här - Tv - Expressen Nöje | Nöjesnyheter Musiknyheter Filmnyheter

Photos:
Expressen
Aftonbladet
Lots of photos from tonight here:
Bildspel: Följ Victorias och Daniels nationaldagsfirande live | Svensk Damtidning

The King held a speech, in which he also spoke about Victoria´s and Daniel´s wedding.
Kungen om Victoria och Daniels bröllop: "Översvallande glädje" - Tv - Expressen Nöje
Google Translator

Premiär för Daniel på nationaldagen - Sverige - Sydsvenskan
Sweden’s National Day - The Royal Wedding Blog - Blogs - The Local

Photos:
Fotobanka ČTK
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victorias och Daniels generalrepetion inför bröllopet | Svensk Damtidning

Carolas hyllning till Victoria och Daniel - Tv - Expressen Nöje
Google Translator
Daniels debut på nationaldagen « Hovbloggen

The speech of King Carl Gustaf:
Läs Kung Carl XVI Gustaf nationaldagstal här - Tv - Expressen Nöje
Google Translator

Photos:
BelgaPicture
Video:
ExpressenTV

Victoria & Daniel gjorde succé på nationaldagen | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - SvenskDam
Nationaldagen! « Ebbas blogg

The royal family celebrated the National Day at Skansen. For Daniel Westling it was the first time he attended the official celebrations. When the king went up on stage, he surprised everyone by making an emotional speech to pay tribute to his future son-in-law.
- In summer occurs one very important event in the House of Bernadotte's history. Our oldest daughter is getting married, said the king before he was interrupted by applause from the public.
Since the king was unusually personal, with real pride in his voice, he addressed himself directly to Victoria and Daniel.
- It takes just a brief look at her and her fiance to understand that yes, they seem quite satisfied and happy about their decision.
Victoria was noticeably moved by the warmth of her father's speech. Both she and Daniel beamed with happiness after the king's tribute and smiled wide at each other.
Här hyllar kungen brudparet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Var är Prinsessan Madeleine? | Posh24.se
Photos - Royal parade in Sweden for Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling before wedding - Royalty - Citizenside.com

From Hola!
Los 'novios de Suecia' centran el Día Nacional

A video of Carola Häggkvist singing a love song to Victoria and Daniel, who are holding hands...
Carola sjöng för Victoria och Daniel på Nationaldagen - Bröllopet - tv4.se

A video of the King´s speech yesterday evening, he speaks about Victoria and Daniel in about 2 min 40 seconds
Kungens nationaldagstal - Nöjesklipp från tv4:s program - tv4play.se

Beautiful speach from the King today on our National Day!

Pictures from the celebration of our National Day here in Sweden.

Expressen
Aftonbladet

The King once again spoke about his joy from their upcoming marriage and Carola sang 'Det är bara vi' (It's just us two) to the couple.
It was very sweet and both Victoria & Daniel held hands tightly during the song.
You can listen to the song here

Fashion wise I loved Victorias hair. Daniel looked more relaxed and very handsome. :)

Thanks to all for providing the lovely pictures and videos.:flowers:

Crown Princess Victoria looks wonderful! She is simply radiant and just so happy. And the resemblence of her mother, especially when she is standing next to her, it phenomenal!

Thanks so much for the photos.

Took me a while to find this thread.
It was a really lovley show and very emotional.
The royal family all looked a little bit down,. It must be hard for them wanting to celebrate this historical moment when they have this situation with Madeleine.

I hope she gets helps in the U.S now and that she can find a way to adjust to being princess. Finding sometihng that makes her feels useful.
Look @ Carl Philip. He is turning in to a lovely young man with a lot of passion.

It is always nice to see the women of the Swedish royal family wear their traditional dresses while they are celebrating the Swedish National Day -but why do the men just wear normal suits? Aren't there any popular traditional clothes for men or is it merely a personal preference of Queen Silvia and her eldest daughter to dress traditionally on this particular occasion (with regard to that, I don't know about the habits of former Swedish queens or princesses either)?

:previous: I was wondering that too. There are the ladies going traditional and there are the gentlemen going Saville Row! :lol:

Victoria looks so inmensely happy! I'm so glad for her :flowers:

I wonder what Princess Madeleine was doing that day. ;-) Hehe!

It is always nice to see the women of the Swedish royal family wear their traditional dresses while they are celebrating the Swedish National Day -but why do the men just wear normal suits? Aren't there any popular traditional clothes for men or is it merely a personal preference of Queen Silvia and her eldest daughter to dress traditionally on this particular occasion (with regard to that, I don't know about the habits of former Swedish queens or princesses either)?
Next year Victoria will be allowed to wear the white hat like the one the Queen is wearing. It is reserved for married women.

The Queen and Victoria is wearing the Swedish National outfit and I don't believe there is a corresponding men's outfit.

Too bad the men don't wear the national custom like in Norway. Maybe that will change next year...

Everywhere you went today and everyone you spoke to all mentioned the emotional beautiful speach from the King.
It's lovely to see this kind of reaction!

On the national day of Sweden (6th of June) I was in Stockholm, in Djurgården, watching the royal cortege. There were Queen Silvia and King Carl XVI Gustav and after them arrived Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel, and Prince Carl Philip. Victoria and Silvia were wearing the yellow-blue national costumes of Sweden. The crown princess couple looked absolutely happy together and I noticed how beautiful Victoria is LIVE. Also Daniel looked good. This was the first time I saw them, and maybe this was their last public occurrence before their wedding. I was happy to be there and see them. I got picture only of the King and the Queen, because I just wanted to watch Victoria and Daniel. Victoria looked into my eyes, she was so near... :)

4684302035_70c1e82f9f.jpg

4684936182_8b44002876.jpg

That's so cool that you were there!

While I understand wanting to enjoy the event......no pics of Victoria and Daniel??? You are cruel! :bang: (j/k) :D

I heard they have "Open Palace" that day. Did you visit the Palace too?

On the national day of Sweden (6th of June) I was in Stockholm, in Djurgården, watching the royal cortege. There were Queen Silvia and King Carl XVI Gustav and after them arrived Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel, and Prince Carl Philip. Victoria and Silvia were wearing the yellow-blue national costumes of Sweden. The crown princess couple looked absolutely happy together and I noticed how beautiful Victoria is LIVE. Also Daniel looked good. This was the first time I saw them, and maybe this was their last public occurrence before their wedding. I was happy to be there and see them. I got picture only of the King and the Queen, because I just wanted to watch Victoria and Daniel. Victoria looked into my eyes, she was so near... :)

Did you take the pics?

I am happy for you ! What a luck you have had, her looking at you !

On Sunday the King had a national day speech at Skansen, Stockholm. I was there when the Swedish national day's cortege was passing by in Djurgården island. First arrived Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustav and after them Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westing, and prince Carl Philip. Here are some of my pictures:

4684300013_1f79702a41.jpg

4684936182_8b44002876.jpg

4684302035_70c1e82f9f.jpg

And here you can watch the King's speech (in Swedish) in which he also mentions the wedding of "his oldest daughter": Kungens nationaldagstal - Nöjesklipp från tv4:s program - tv4play.se

Yes, actually it came to me as a surprise that Victoria and Daniel (and Carl Philip) were in the cortege. I did read in May, when I was planning my trip to Sweden, that only the king and the queen are participating the national day event in Skansen. Maybe that was old information. Anyway, caused by this my camera was not ready and I was just so surprised to see that Victoria and Daniel were following the king and the queen... :)

June 6, 2011 - Sweden's National Day

Program of the day:
10.00 Opening ceremony at the South Gate, Slottsbacken. The Crown Princess Couple will open the South Gate and welcome visitors to the Open Palace event, together with Marshal of the Realm. The Swedish Navy's Music Corps and Stockholm Boys' Choir will perform.

17.55 The Royal Family leaves the Royal Palace in a cortège, a national anthem will be sung together.

18.30 The national day celebration at Skansen, in the presence of the King, the Queen, crown princess couple, prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine. Star-studded entertainment at Solliden stage with artists Charlotte Perrelli, Magnus Carlsson, Erik Hassle, Gunilla Backman and Peter Jöback and group Timoteij and tenor Markus Pettersson. The house band is Svante Persson orchestra. Army band participates under the direction of the Mats Janhagen. The king holds his National Day speech. The program will be broadcasted live on TV4.

After the official party the National Day reception at the Royal Palace, hosted by the royal family.

6 June - Sveriges Kungahus
Program Öppet slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Festligt nationaldagsfirande | skansen.se

The king and the Queen will attend at National Day celebrations in Eslöv at 11.15 o´clock..
450 barn sjunger för kungaparet - Eslövs kommun
The crown princess couple will attend at citizenship ceremony with prize-giving, Stockholm City Hall at 14.45 o´clock.

Last edited:
:previous:

So Madeleine is going to make a mad dash from Philly to Stockholm for National Day after all.

That's a great news!!!

Back
Top Bottom