June 6 - Sweden's National Day (2010-2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

So Madeleine is going to make a mad dash from Philly to Stockholm for National Day after all.

Mad dash? Well, I dont know when the event in Philly is, but isnt there pretty good connection with NY from Philly? 17.20 EST there is a SAS-plane going from Newark destination Stockholm, i know, i traveled with it this february. She then arrives tomorrow at 07.40 with a big jetlag, but if she is better than me when it comes to sleeping in airplanes(i didnt sleep at all on my returntrip and was wery groggy on arrival) she sleeps during the entire flight or takes a nap when she returns home. She then rides with the family either with a gigantic jetlag or not.

If i go to Skansen i will not wave to the camera:ROFLMAO:

Mad dash? Well, I dont know when the event in Philly is, but isnt there pretty good connection with NY from Philly? 17.20 EST there is a SAS-plane going from Newark destination Stockholm, i know, i traveled with it this february. She then arrives tomorrow at 07.40 with a big jetlag, but if she is better than me when it comes to sleeping in airplanes(i didnt sleep at all on my returntrip and was wery groggy on arrival) she sleeps during the entire flight or takes a nap when she returns home. She then rides with the family either with a gigantic jetlag or not.

If i go to Skansen i will not wave to the camera:ROFLMAO:

Well, it might not be exactly a mad dash, but there is a chance she could be cutting it fine to get to Stockholm, then Skansen, by the evening. She would have to fly/drive to New York, then get a connecting flight to Stockholm (some of the flights I saw on SAS went through Oslo, or Chicago and Oslo, but there was also two direct from Newark). If one of these connections is running late, everything else is thrown back.

But, the flights schedueled to arrive at Arlada from Newark at 06:55, 07:15 and then one at 07:35 from Chicago.

It will be good to see the family all together I think.

Well, Mandeleine IMO should be there along with the family, after all she is part of the royal family and at such occasions with no excuse or discussion should a member not attend, maybe I am old fashioned when it comes to such events where I think the whole family must attend.

Program of the day:
10.00 Opening ceremony at the South Gate, Slottsbacken. The Crown Princess Couple will open the South Gate and welcome visitors to the Open Palace event, together with Marshal of the Realm. The Swedish Navy's Music Corps and Stockholm Boys' Choir will perform.

Here is the first pictures from the event
Click here to view gallery

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel at the opening of the Royal Palace in Stockholm
on the National Day, June 6 2011.

** ppe gallery ** belga/stella gallery **

Last edited:
Hate to be a spoiler but it doesn't sound like Madeleine was there--again.

I think it's planned that she appears at 18.30 at Skansen together with the rest of the family.

The announcement was that she will attend the celebration at Skansen, Stockholm, tonight. That has not started yet. The rest of the family have other engagements during the day.

Okay I forgot they do Skansen in evenings I guess. But fairy tale I can't get your video to work.

Hmm it works fine for me (outside Sweden). Anyway the national day coverage ended few minutes ago. I don't know if there is still anything to come on tv...?

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf at the National Day in Sweden. They visited different places in the town Esloev for their 100 years city anniversary.
June 06, 2011

PPE Agency Esloev

I am in US. The commercial works but then rest of the video does not. But then again I swear I am tech-challenged anyway. I still cannot believe Madeleine dyed her hair brown. Not that it's a bad thing...I believe she's done it once before in the 90s

I am in US. The commercial works but then rest of the video does not. But then again I swear I am tech-challenged anyway. I still cannot believe Madeleine dyed her hair brown. Not that it's a bad thing...I believe she's done it once before in the 90s

She isn´t a blonde, she has always dyed her hair. Now it looks more natural.

Photos from the cortege:
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia

In many national-/traditional costumes married women wear some kind of headpiece. Here´s a page about swedish national costume "Sverigedräkten" with two young women wearing two different kinds of headpieces. The headpiece (huvudbonad) is described, but there is no mention of that only married woman can wear it/must wear it.
Sverigedräkten

Getty Images - Search: SWE: Swedish Royals Celebrate Sweden's National Day
SVT
SVT
Because I Can: Häst & Vagn

I have a question about the dresses; QSilvia is wearing a white headscarf. IRC, it was said that married women wear that scarf, then why isn't CP Victoria wearing one?
Just curious

I serious thought Madeleine was blonde all these years. I like her as blonde. Even if brown or light chestnut is her natural color its still very nice.

Yet isn't there in 1986 or somewhere in there Victoria wore a national costume that went with a head covering. I know there are dozens of different costumes obviously so I am inclinded to think the white scarf with blue dress is traditonal the most.

The 1983 Nationaldagen, which regional dress is Victoria wearing? She went from various costumes to the tradtional blue and yellow flower one by late 1980s just curious because I don't understand why so many costumes.

In many national-/traditional costumes married women wear some kind of headpiece. Here´s a page about swedish national costume "Sverigedräkten" with two young women wearing two different kinds of headpieces. The headpiece (huvudbonad) is described, but there is no mention of that only married woman can wear it/must wear it.
Sverigedräkten

Getty Images - Search: SWE: Swedish Royals Celebrate Sweden's National Day
SVT
SVT
I love this tradition of wearing traditional costumes for National day. :wub: And I think all three of them look great in them. When I was in Stockholm last month, we've visited also Nordiska museet where several traditional costumes were on exibition, they were all so pretty.

Photos from the reception:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Kungafamiljen uppsvidade… | kungligamodebloggen

About the swedish national costumes:
SWEDISH FOLK COSTUMES - Sverigedräkter - Charlotte Weibulls Folklivscenter - centre for Swedish/Scanian folk culture

Perhaps Victoria doesn´t wear a headpiece because it isn´t compulsory.

Photos from Skansen:
BelgaPicture - Category details
Photos from the reception:
BelgaPicture - Category details

Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel öppnade Kungliga slottet | Eyewitness Pictures Sweden
Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel delade ut pris i Stockholms stadshus | Eyewitness Pictures Sweden
Nationaldagen: Kunglig kortege, Skansen | Eyewitness Pictures Sweden
Victoria:
DiarioFemenino
From Hola!
La familia real de Suecia celebra su Día Nacional, con los príncipes Victoria y Daniel como protagonistas
From PurePeople
Les princesses Madeleine et Victoria réunies et superbes pour la fête nationale!

nationalfeiertag-in-schwedennationalfeiertag-in-schweden-victoria-und-daniel-of-795644 - Videos en Foto's, pers en stockbeelden | Isopix.be
nationalfeiertag-in-schwedenkonig-carl-gustaf-und-konigin-silvia-von-schweden-fe-795423 - Videos en Foto's, pers en stockbeelden | Isopix.be
Here is some photos of princess Christina
nationalfeiertag-in-schwedennationalfeiertag-in-schweden-die-schwedische-konigs-795455 - Videos en Foto's, pers en stockbeelden | Isopix.be

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel opened the Royal Palac - royalpress

One photo:
Bekia

Gallery:
Glada miner när kungafamiljen firade 6 juni | Starlounge: Alltid med de senaste kändisnyheterna och paparazzibilderna

Photos
Scanpix Gallery

The Swedish Royal Family at the out-door museum Skansen in Stockholm during the Swedish National Day

PPE Agency Skansen

Okay I forgot they do Skansen in evenings I guess. But fairy tale I can't get your video to work.

Speaking as someone who was there i can only say: THANK HEAVEN they didnt do it high noon. There were clear blue sky, 25 - 30 degrees Celsius and almost no wind. I have one video taken when the family entered Soliden, will upload it tomorrow.

Strange that most of the people choosed the shaded side were they could se nothing at all.;)

Oh, and just to let you know, princess Christina mrs Magnusson was there, but i didnt recognice her before she was long past me

I love this tradition of wearing traditional costumes for National day. :wub: And I think all three of them look great in them. When I was in Stockholm last month, we've visited also Nordiska museet where several traditional costumes were on exibition, they were all so pretty.

Victoria should have the same thing on her head as Silvia now when she is married

I'm so happy to see the whole family together again and looking happy! :flowers: The past few months couldn't have been easy for the family and I hope everything will turn out for the best for all of them.

Oh, and what's this talk about Madeleine's "brown" hair? Might have something to do with the light but to me it looks like dark blonde or something with caramel/reddish highlights. It looks natural and good on her but I don't think it is dark. It just looks like a natural blonde instead of a bleach blonde now.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right, from bleach blonde to this is different as I've never seen her without bleached blonde hair. My mistake.

I hope in all seriousness this family can work through this crisis and that we give them that respect, whether the King furthered actions by giving and invterview or not or whether or not you want him to step down whatever, he is still human royal or not deserves respect and forgiveness for idiodic mistakes made in the past, I mean its not like he did this yesterday.

Its shocking to see how Silvia has aged in recent times.

Back
Top Bottom