June 6 - Sweden's National Day (2010-2024)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must admit that this doesn't sound good at all:
the court doesn't want anyone to take the attention from Estelle, because she is the heir to the heir.
Heir or no heir, she should learn to gain the attention by herself not because others were left out (in this scenario did they prevent Madeleine to attend when Carl Philip was the heir to the heir?? And now that Carl Philip is no longer the heir to the heir, is he unwanted baggage?? Or if photographers happens to take more photos of Madeleine than of Victoria, is that a problem that she takes away an attention from heir??Oh, the court's policy sounds quite silly, IMHO).
No wonder that Victoria has said that in this role one gets very lonely. As a heir she had another kind of upbringing and her role was a lot more different than that of her siblings. Had they shared some of the burden, then perhaps we had seen the siblings at the representation duties more often and we wouldn't have to wonder "why Carl Philip and Madeleine are so rarely seen". And after reading this kind of view from the court, it makes you wonder if CP and M were more rarely seen because they didn't have to create hardworking image and they could have taken the attention away from the heir?
I hope that the royal families can find good balance for all the grandchildren of the monarch. Perhaps those further down from the throne are the luckiest ones because hopefully they can be more free in finding their own way in life, and they don't have to go on the pre-set track set for them by others?
TBH I like Carl Philip and Madeleine now even better than before: they have turned out well, even though they have had to grow up on the constant shadow of their big and important sister, dragged along behind her like some secondary people, knowing they are not so necesssary like her... I was always compared to my older brother and I often found it irritating when I was told that I'm not so good like him or should stay back at times (it took some learning to accept that I'm a person of my own, so this doesn't bother me anymore).
And I promise that from now on I will be more patient with other grandchildren when they perhaps do not behave so well as Estelle because after all they do not have the same experience, upbringing and they are not so used to the spotlight like the heir to the heir.

Last edited:
It was nice again to look at all the photos from the National Day in Sweden, at the social media it was seen how the people are celebrating it with joy, and this year the weather was also great. As a Finn I find it always interesting to follow the Swedish National Day, because it is so different than our Independence Day. The big difference is that we celebrate our independence which we have fought hard for, and celebrate it on 6th December, when it is cold and the winter is coming. But both are great days.

Galleries
At Skansen
IBL Bildbyrå
Reception at the Royal Palace
IBL Bildbyrå

ROYAL: Prinz Carl Philip öffnet die Schlosstore zum Tag des offenen Schlosses am Nationalfeiertag
ROYAL: Carl Gustaf und Silvia besuchen Kosta und den Linneparken anlässlich des Nationalfeiertages
ROYAL: Victoria und Daniel besuchen anlässlich des Nationalfeiertages die Gemeinde Järfälla
ROYAL: König Carl Gustaf - schwer am Schaffen in der Glasfabrik
ROYAL: Silvia und Carl Gustaf - Volles Programm in Växjo
ROYAL: Prinz Carl Philip bei der Preisübergabe des Zeichenwettbewerbs "Die denkende Hand"
ROYAL: Prinz Carl Philip schaut bei der Wachablösung am Nationalfeiertag zu
ROYAL: Blümchen für die Damen - Victoria und Sofia trafen auf Skansen ein
ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals nehmen auf Skansen an den Feierlichkeiten am Nationalfeiertag teil
ROYAL SPEZIAL: Estelle zum 5. Mal beim Nationalfeiertag dabei
ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals bitten zum Nationalfeiertagsempfang

I love this photo, pure joy.
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:119724544:1800x650:w?v=59342027&m=iefcnfhe

Screen shots from the Tapto
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Madeleine de Suède a retrouvé Victoria, Sofia et Silvia pour la Fête nationale

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f580ba52c5c8a0dcfd1482f225414dda&oe=59AB3B5F
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bb8c5b9091ef96453c91a0a3f8daa632&oe=599CB785
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b7f4c9b0e6f4df1ca00757fdaa7cfd21&oe=59DDA3B0
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/victoria-rosa-ibl.jpg
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/vitoria-silva-bred-ibl.jpg

Article in german Die Aktuelle, from the Facebook of reporter Norbert Loh.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=31ad4779d08b773ced8b146b5858bd51&oe=59A90690

Some new photos
Daniel at GEN-PEP's activities and meeting people

From the cortège and the reception

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit that this doesn't sound good at all:
the court doesn't want anyone to take the attention from Estelle, because she is the heir to the heir.
Heir or no heir, she should learn to gain the attention by herself not because others were left out (in this scenario did they prevent Madeleine to attend when Carl Philip was the heir to the heir?? And now that Carl Philip is no longer the heir to the heir, is he unwanted baggage?? Or if photographers happens to take more photos of Madeleine than of Victoria, is that a problem that she takes away an attention from heir??Oh, the court's policy sounds quite silly, IMHO).
No wonder that Victoria has said that in this role one gets very lonely. As a heir she had another kind of upbringing and her role was a lot more different than that of her siblings. Had they shared some of the burden, then perhaps we had seen the siblings at the representation duties more often and we wouldn't have to wonder "why Carl Philip and Madeleine are so rarely seen". And after reading this kind of view from the court, it makes you wonder if CP and M were more rarely seen because they didn't have to create hardworking image and they could have taken the attention away from the heir?
I hope that the royal families can find good balance for all the grandchildren of the monarch. Perhaps those further down from the throne are the luckiest ones because hopefully they can be more free in finding their own way in life, and they don't have to go on the pre-set track set for them by others?
TBH I like Carl Philip and Madeleine now even better than before: they have turned out well, even though they have had to grow up on the constant shadow of their big and important sister, dragged along behind her like some secondary people, knowing they are not so necesssary like her... I was always compared to my older brother and I often found it irritating when I was told that I'm not so good like him or should stay back at times (it took some learning to accept that I'm a person of my own, so this doesn't bother me anymore).
And I promise that from now on I will be more patient with other grandchildren when they perhaps do not behave so well as Estelle because after all they do not have the same experience, upbringing and they are not so used to the spotlight like the heir to the heir.

Yes rarely seen, Madeleine and CP are hidden away like unwanted baggage :whistling:

Name one single royal family where the younger children have as many duties, or as much attention as the heir. Even one example. The only one who remotely comes close is Anne. People are making it out to sound like Sweden is hiding away unwanted members. Where is this outrage in British threads? People think the Yorks should vanish off face if the earth and be private. Yet Leonor, Alexander and Nicolas need to be held on the same level as Estelle.

Madeleine has chosen a private life. She dorks with childhood and lives abroad. CP and his wife get plenty of attention. Of course they aren't going to do official court events. Should Charles share some with Andrew? There is a specific role for heir, that is reality. Sweden does a better job then many countries, including other branches. Look how many we see at state dinners, Nobels and so on.

Alexander is a baby. Leonor is in preschool. Nicolas lives in London. We're not talking adults or even teenagers. We are talking very small children. Why should they be exposed to events so young? Unlike Estelle, they get to be kids. We see them at things like kings birthday.

I will be looking for you on the York boards supporting the girls. And pushing for Laurent, Martha Louise, Cristina, and so on and the need for them to be treated equally. I am sure your desire an heir should never be treated differently, is of course shared equally with all monarchies.

Do the dutch anger you btw? They force younger kids to go private citizens, heck you lose your place based on proximity. Amalia sure gets special treatment over her cousins.

Last edited:
Yes rarely seen, Madeleine and CP are hidden away like unwanted baggage :whistling:

Name one single royal family where the younger children have as many duties, or as much attention as the heir. Even one example. The only one who remotely comes close is Anne. People are making it out to sound like Sweden is hiding away unwanted members. Where is this outrage in British threads? People think the Yorks should vanish off face if the earth and be private. Yet Leonor, Alexander and Nicolas need to be held on the same level as Estelle.

Madeleine has chosen a private life. She dorks with childhood and lives abroad. CP and his wife get plenty of attention. Of course they aren't going to do official court events. Should Charles share some with Andrew? There is a specific role for heir, that is reality. Sweden does a better job then many countries, including other branches. Look how many we see at state dinners, Nobels and so on.

Alexander is a baby. Leonor is in preschool. Nicolas lives in London. We're not talking adults or even teenagers. We are talking very small children. Why should they be exposed to events so young? Unlike Estelle, they get to be kids. We see them at things like kings birthday.

I will be looking for you on the York boards supporting the girls. And pushing for Laurent, Martha Louise, Cristina, and so on and the need for them to be treated equally. I am sure your desire an heir should never be treated differently, is of course shared equally with all monarchies.

Do the ditch ahger you btw? They force younger kids to go private citizens, heck you lose your place based on proximity. Amalia sure gets special treatment over her cousins.

That is all great but then why Carl Philip and Madeleine are so often labeled as being lazy? For not representing Sweden enough? For not being so hard-working as Victoria? I don't know why but the [Swedish] media seems to expect that Carl Philip and Madeleine should contribute equally to Victoria and when they don't, they are "cherry picking"?
I wish this kind of comparing would stop because obviously they are not comparable. Apparently Carl Philip and Madeleine do as much as is required of them...but they will be always loosing when statistics show bare numbers on how much different royals performed duties per year, so factually they have worked less, so some can shine on top while others had to stay back...
What I want to say is that royals who are further away from the throne, may have quite difficult time in adjusting. From one side they are Swedish prince and princess...the public expect them to be seen and heard...but on the other hand they are not the heirs, they have minor role and there are less duties left for them (like Countessmeout said - in order some royal could work more, others have to share).
When I hear statements on how some royals are pushed more forward, then I no longer question why we hear less of others. I think that Madeleine with her work with the World Childhood Foundation and Carl Philip are doing well, they know their place and lots of people have started to show interest in Swedish royals because of them. If the court feels that Estelle and Oscar need to be pushed forward due for being children of the crown princess, then that is their decision and I'm sure that Madeleine and Carl Philip will have enough knowledge to raise the kids as good citizen, and its good they get to be kids, even if they happen to have titles :flowers:

Last edited:
I think there are several different things being discussed here at the same time.

As others have mentioned, I think it's important to make a difference between family events and state events. At family events like birthdays, all children and grandchildren are equal. At state events, they are not, since there is a clear line of succession.

Estelle is going to have a different role than Leonore in the future, just as Victoria and Madeleine knew from early on that they were different. When it comes to the young heirs, it's also clear that Victoria and Daniel has chosen a different path for bringing up Estelle than - as an example - the spanish royals with Leonor or the belgian royals with Elisabeth. Estelle is much more in the public spotlight than the two other royal heirs. I don't know what is right or wrong here (if there is such a thing), but they have clearly different strategies for the young children vs press and public.

Another variable is the adult siblings, in Sweden Carl Philip and Madeleine. I think it's pretty clear what the future will hold here. Madeleine seems quite happy to take several steps back from royal life and live abroad with husband and children. Carl Philip, on the other hand, has taken several steps forward. He's taken on many more royal duties these last years, especially since he married Sofia. I think it's pretty clear that in the future it's Carl Philip and Sofia who will do more or less full time work for the royal family together with Victoria and Daniel, while Madeleine is allowed to take a smaller role.

As far as I can tell, the things mentioned above are not something that the king has decided and then forced the kids/grandkids to do. It's a more or less natural evolvement, and something that all three siblings seem to be happy with. And when we're talking about the National day, it's clearly a state event. Perhaps the other younger children will take part in the celebrations when they are older, but it's the king, along with Victoria and Estelle, that are more in focus here, for obvious reasons.

That is all great but then why Carl Philip and Madeleine are so often labeled as being lazy? For not representing Sweden enough? For not being so hard-working as Victoria? I don't know why but the [Swedish] media seems to expect that Carl Philip and Madeleine should contribute equally to Victoria and when they don't, they are "cherry picking"?

I haven't seen the swedish media wanting Carl Philip and Madeleine to work as much Victoria. Their roles are very clear and the media understands it. And I haven't seen the swedish media labelling Carl Philip as lazy, not in many years now. After the scandals with his designs he decided to concentrate more on his royal duties. The press and the royal experts criticize Madeleine because she is a HRH and in the line of succession to the swedish throne, as are her children. And she doesn't do "normal" work events in Sweden nowadays, attends only at family events, the Nobel festivities, the National Day and the Opening of the Parliament. Carl Philip works quite much with his patronages and attends events in his duchy, Madeleine could also do that.

A gallery of the king and queen in Kosta Boda.
Kosta 275 år _ Facebook

The Royal Boat made by His Majesty the King of Sweden and glass artist Bertil Vallien is going into the annealing oven.
https://www.facebook.com/kostaboda/...1497002918./10155448829064612/?type=3&theater

There were gorgeous flowers at the Royal Palace on the National Day.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVDQmrKFmt6/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVDRB92lj1X/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVDRLlJFmbd/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVA02QgjLFG/?tagged=kungligaslottet

Carl Philip got flowers from Våra barn Foundation
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVApomhB-pH/

People wanted to take photos with Daniel.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVA18G-l3AJ/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVFZ9AYlouH/

Video from Bunte
Victoria von Schweden_ Mit diesem Look läutet sie den schwedischen Sommer ein _ BUNTE.de

Last edited:
I haven't seen the swedish media wanting Carl Philip and Madeleine to work as much Victoria. Their roles are very clear and the media understands it. And I haven't seen the swedish media labelling Carl Philip as lazy, not in many years now. After the scandals with his designs he decided to concentrate more on his royal duties. The press and the royal experts criticize Madeleine because she is a HRH and in the line of succession to the swedish throne, as are her children. And she doesn't do "normal" work events in Sweden nowadays, attends only at family events, the Nobel festivities, the National Day and the Opening of the Parliament. Carl Philip works quite much with his patronages and attends events in his duchy, Madeleine could also do that.

This was your kind comment about prince Carl Philip and his capability to work more. The same doesn't seem to apply for princess Madeleine who's behind his brother and older sister, not to mention her parents?
That Carl Philip and Sofia could work more, the king and queen must work less. Or the government must give a lot bigger apanage to the court. It seems obvious that Victoria and Daniel will work more next year than this year when they both have some time of parental leave.
It would be great to see Madeleine more at royal events but that is not the case, especially as she has two young children to take care for. Her living in London and Chris not being interested in "normal royal work" aren't clearly helping either, so she only appears at family events and on different events now and then. I guess we will see what the future will bring for her and if they will move back to Sweden or not. But what is the issue here and especially on her? Has the press and royal experts said it? Is it about money? But its been told more than once that Madeleine and Carl Philip get the money from the King via his apanage when they carry out royal work on his behalf. So no work, no money. When she starts to work more will those experts start to accuse her of being a burden?
It can not be a problem she's not representing the monarch at more official and semi-official events? How many royals should attend one event? Isn't one or two enough for everyday functions and those events are already covered by others. ANd does being a HRH and in the line of succession to the Swedish throne automatically mean that she/he have to fulfil x number of events per year in order to be able to keep the title? Who decides how many representation duties x royal has, especially those who are not the heirs nor heir's heir? The court has made it clear that Victoria and her children are the future of the monarchy, so what "normal" work Madde should do? Visit more sick children and elderly people, and give to poor because her contribution to the Childhood isn't enough?
Sorry that I dont't quite seem to get the problem, so perhaps therefore I can not be so critical toward Madeleine and her lack of "normal royal" work. Perhaps it seems unfair that someone who does not have 9 to 5 work can live in a luxury, wear designer clothes, but then life can be most unfair and grass is always greener on the other side :p

Last edited:
How did I miss National Day this year? Thank you to all those who shared the photos and videos of the annual event.
It's great to see the family there, and good that Madeleine and Chris could make it this year - it still would have been nice to see Leonore and Nicolas there, but I know Leonore can be quite a handful so perhaps she was particularly excitable that day and Madeleine and Chris decided to leave her at home. Carriages can also be potentially dangerous for young children, since they can fall out of them, but I guess they could have avoided the carriage ride and waited in the palace like George and Charlotte of Cambridge do at the British Trooping the Colour.
Anyway, the photos of little Estelle were adorable! She's so sweet, I can see she will make a good royal and queen in the future.

Swedish gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan writes at their article about the National Day that Victoria had some trouble with her high heels at the grass at Görvälns Castle, but Daniel helped her to keep her balance.

Svensk Damtidning's article about the National Day

From Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU_kw1elJlA/

Estelle
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCiTKE2XkAEBufm.jpg

From the cortège
https://www.skrivamedljus.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Kronprinsessan-800x534.jpg

By photographer Lars Jonsson
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXF60MThbeu/?taken-by=fotolinsen

Daniel at GEN-PEP's actitivies, by photographer Pelle T Nilsson.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4318/36092834666_89f4843d70_b.jpg

June 6, 2018 - Sweden's National Day

So far only these events have been updated to the website of the royal court:

The king and queen open the Royal Palace (Open Palace)
The king and queen attend at the delivery of scholarship awards in the contest "The Thinking Hand".
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

At the website of the Royal Palaces it is told, that the king and queen open the Royal Palace/Open Palace at 10.00.
The Crown Princess couple attends the National Day celebration at Strömsholm during the day and in the evening, the entire Royal family attends the celebration at Skansen.
Öppet slott - Kungliga slotten

Program of the Open Palace
Öppet Slott Program 2018

Skansen tells at their website:
The day ends with a festive and star-studded concert at the Solliden scene in the presence of their Majesties the King and Queen with family.
Sveriges nationaldag på Skansen _ Skansen.se

SVT sends the concert at 20.00 and tells at their website:
The Swedish National Day is celebrated traditionally at Skansen, hosted by Anne Lundberg and with the royal family as honorary guests. Darin, Marianne Mörck and David Lindgren, among others, perform on the Solliden scene. Next, live National Day Talk Show with Program Manager Tara Moshizi. The broadcast ends with a Tapto by the Army Music Corps from the Royal Palace.
Nationaldagen _ SVT Play

Last edited:
So far only these events have been updated to the website of the royal court:

The king and queen open the Royal Palace (Open Palace)
The king and queen attend at the delivery of scholarship awards in the contest "The Thinking Hand".

At the website of the Royal Palaces it is told, that the king and queen open the Royal Palace/Open Palace at 10.00.
The Crown Princess couple attends the National Day celebration at Strömsholm during the day and in the evening, the entire Royal family attends the celebration at Skansen.
Öppet slott - Kungliga slotten

Program of the Open Palace
Öppet Slott Program 2018

Skansen tells at their website:
The day ends with a festive and star-studded concert at the Solliden scene in the presence of their Majesties the King and Queen with family.
Sveriges nationaldag på Skansen _ Skansen.se

SVT sends the concert at 20.00 and tells at their website:
The Swedish National Day is celebrated traditionally at Skansen, hosted by Anne Lundberg and with the royal family as honorary guests. Darin, Marianne Mörck and David Lindgren, among others, perform on the Solliden scene. Next, live National Day Talk Show with Program Manager Tara Moshizi. The broadcast ends with a Tapto by the Army Music Corps from the Royal Palace.
Nationaldagen _ SVT Play
Hasn't it been a long time since The King and Queen opened the Palace?

The program for the Royal Family on the National Day seems quite small compared to previous years. And it is very Stockholm centred.

The Royal Family celebrates the National Day 2018

Sweden's National Day is celebrated on Wednesday 6 June. The royal family celebrates this year's National Day in Stockholm and Strömsholm.

Their Majesties The King and Queen open the Open Palace
The Royal Palace is traditionally open to the public with free entry on the National Day. At 10.00 the king and queen open the western gates of the Palace from the Outer courtyard.

Their Majesties The King and Queen, as well as HRH Prince Carl Philip, attend the delivery of scholarship awards
On the National Day there is delivery of scholarship awards in the contest "The Thinking Hand". The king opened the drawing competition in April and Prince Carl Philip has participated in the jury's work. The royal couple and Prince Carl Philip attend the ceremony at the Gustav III's Museum of Antiquities, Royal Palace.
The program starts at. 10.30.

HRH Prince Carl Philip attends the change of the Royal Guards on the Outer Courtyard at the Royal Palace
At 12.00.

TRH The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel visit Strömsholm
The Crown Princess couple's National Day begins with a visit to Strömsholm Palace and the 100th Anniversary of Strömsholmsdagarna (the Strömsholm Days), which is organized by Ridskolan Strömsholm.
The program at Strömsholm starts at 10.00.

The royal family attends the official celebration at Skansen
The royal family leaves the Royal Palace at 17.55 to go at horse-drawn cortege to the National Day celebration at Solliden at Skansen. In connection with the celebration, the King delivers the flags of different associations and federations. The celebration from Solliden scene is broadcasted in Sveriges Television.

National day reception with Tapto at the Royal Palace
In the evening, the royal couple invites representatives of the government, parliament, parts of the diplomatic corps and official Sweden to a National Day reception at the Royal Palace. The evening ends with a Tapto at Logården. The Tapto is broadcasted in Sveriges Television.
Kungafamiljens firande av nationaldagen 2018 - Sveriges Kungahus

And from the calendar we see, that Chris is also listed to attend at the evening events.

Last edited:
The 100th Anniversary of Strömsholmsdagarna (the Strömsholm Days) gets a royal presence during the opening day 6th June. Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel visit both Strömsholm Palace and the event.
During the morning, the Crown Princess couple will come to Strömsholm to join the inauguration of Hästmuseum Strömsholm (Horse museum) at Strömsholm Palace, which opens to the public during the National Day. After that, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel go to Slottsbanan to attend the opening of Strömsholmsdagarna and the celebration of the National Day.
The Crown Princess couple will also follow Prince Gustaf Adolf's Memorial Jumping, presented by Agria, a 1.45 jumping of which 15 elite riders have been invited to, and the first prize is SEK 20,000.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och Prins Daniel inviger Strömsholmsdagarna – Strömsholm

Tuuletar, a finnish vocal folk group of four women, performs at the National Day celebration in Strömsholm to Victoria and Daniel.
Venla Blom from Tuuletar tells:
- This came a little by surprise. We have been booked to the event already last winter, but all the time it was only talk about a luncheon concert and a jumping competition. Only in the early part of last week, our agent posted a message that this is a royal event.
- For security reasons, the royal presence could probably not have been told before, Blom says.
The municipality of Hallstahammar belongs to the Finnish-language administrative district, and about 23% of the inhabitants of the municipality have Finnish ancestry. The roots of Prince Daniel are also partly in Savonia, so the Finnish folk music band is well suited to the repertoire. Tuuletar will be the lead performer of the event.
The band describes their musical style as "vocal folk hop".
The royal presence will not change the program of Tuuletar.
- The concert is a concert, whoever is in the audience there, and we are always preparing for it. We've got a wish to sing our "Alku"-song, so we'll sing it at least. Our performance takes only fifteen minutes, so it can hold up about three songs. As far as possible, we strive to bring the influences of Finnish music into play.
Tuuletar sings in Finnish, but the speaks are done in Swedish.
Immediately after the performance of Tuuletar, the Crown Princess gives a speech. Victoria and Daniel are also going to meet the Tuuletar group privately. The members of the band have been considering how the royals should be addressed.
- I'm thinking that we are all people here. I do not take too much pressure, Blom laughs.
Suomalainen Tuuletar-yhtye tapaa Ruotsissa Victorian ja Danielin_ ”Ei paineita, ihmisiä tässä kaikki ollaan”

Last edited:
I wonder if Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine will also do some greetings with their children at their Instagram accounts.

:previous:
Wonderful greetings
Lovely small traditional shoes for Estelle ❤️

Hope to see pictures from other 5 :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
Photos will be updated during the day: Victoria and Daniel in Strömsholm, the king and queen opening the gates to Open Palace, the king, queen and Carl Philip at the delivery of scholarship awards in "The Thinking Hand" drawing competition.
Belga Image

Victoria and Daniel got a guided tour at Strömsholm Palace.

Victoria och Daniel firar Sveriges dag på Strömsholms slott _ Svensk Damtidning

Victoria and Daniel were taken with a horse carriage to watch the show jumping competitions
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0373982469/profimedia-0373982469.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0373982492/profimedia-0373982492.jpg
Gallery from Strömsholm, will be updated
Profimedia

The king and queen opening the Open Palace
Profimedia

Victoria watches the oak tree she planted 10 years ago.
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136623040:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=jijgecdj

Minoo Akhtarzand, the governor of Västmanland County, attends also at the visit:
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136620533:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=nbeehbgm

Margareta Thorgren about the cortege to Skansen to Expressen:
- All adults in the royal family are included. The plan is also that the Crown Princess couple's two children will go along, confirms Margareta Thorgren.
She adds:
- Then things can always happen that make plans change. That's how it is with children.
Princess Estelle, 6, has been at the cortege before and she thinks it's exciting and fun. Little brother Prince Oscar, 2, is also with on the plans.
- That's something they look forward to. Princess Estelle has attended in the past and the National day is a nice holiday for the whole of Sweden. The weather will help create a little extra festive mood, says Thorgren.
Estelle och Oscar följer med i kortegen till Skansen

Last edited:
The program for the Royal Family on the National Day seems quite small compared to previous years. And it is very Stockholm centred.

My parents are by chance visiting Stockholm today. Hopefully, they will have a chance to see the Royal Family live !

Such sweet photos of Estelle and Oscar, just lovely!

On another note, I'm sure that this has been said before several times in the thread, but I wish that the males in the Swedish royal family would also participate in wearing Swedish national costume and not leave it to the women/girls in the family. Did previous Kings and Princes wear such costumes on the National Day?

Such sweet photos of Estelle and Oscar, just lovely!

On another note, I'm sure that this has been said before several times in the thread, but I wish that the males in the Swedish royal family would also participate in wearing Swedish national costume and not leave it to the women/girls in the family. Did previous Kings and Princes wear such costumes on the National Day?

I can understand very well why the men in the Royal Family don't wear the male version of the Sweden dress - here is the female host of the National Day concert dressed in men's Sweden dress last year.
https://peterharold.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/sb-svt-6-juni.jpg

I really don't want to see king Carl Gustaf or prince Daniel wear that costume...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can understand very well why the men in the Royal Family don't wear the male version of the Sweden dress - here is the female host of the National Day concert dressed in men's Sweden dress last year.
https://peterharold.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/sb-svt-6-juni.jpg

I really don't want to see king Carl Gustaf or prince Daniel wear that costume...

Well, I just think what's sauce for the gander ought to be the same for the goose. Perhaps the women don't like to wear long skirts and traditional shoes either. But they do, and they pose next to their male relatives in suits.

Victoria and Daniel were in a good mood and joked with each other.
In 2008, Crown Crown Princess Victoria was at Strömsholm Palace and planted an oak in the Palace Park.
Now - ten years later - she and Prince Daniel were in place on the grounds to celebrate the national day. Then they passed the oak and watched how it had grown.
- You did that well, said Prince Daniel to his wife and gave her a pat on her shoulder.
The Crown Princess nodded and then went up to the hill where the tree was planted. But she was a little afraid with her high heels in the terrain.
- You have Daniel, who rescues, exclaimed one of the many spectators gathered to see the Crown Princess couple's visit.
It evoked a joking but sassy pass from Crown Princess Victoria.
- That's what you think!
Prince Daniel laughed good at his wife's joke and then they continued on a tour of the Palace's property.
After that, Crown Princess Victoria held a speech inside the Palace area, where she among other things praised those who are currently struggling to extinguish the forest fires in Sala.
- I would like to express my support and my gratitude to all the civil servants, the Armed Forces and volunteers who are currently struggling to extinguish the forest fires in Sale just a few miles from here.
- To those and to everyone who engages ideally, I want to say: thank you! You are one of the finest and strongest in our country. It is one of many things that we will be proud of and as we celebrate today on Sweden's National day.
The Crown Princess couple's visit to Strömsholm Palace began with opening of a Horse museum that opens up at the Palace.
Special for the museum is that visitors use an app in their mobile phone where they receive an audio loop based on where in the museum they are using, using GPS technology.
The Crown Princess tried the phone and the app, and promised to show Dad the King how this worked, following a wish from the museum's project manager.
- It works, said Crown Princess Victoria gladly.
Video of Victoria's speech at the article.
Victorias kaxiga passning till Daniel på nationaldagen

https://e.cdn-expressen.se/images/a1/f9/a1f9be804a144e989c0fedb97d8b4ec6/16x9/1264@60.jpg
https://f.cdn-expressen.se/images/b1/d0/b1d0ec572b5d4ea3a19006740d8e350c/annan/632@60.jpg
https://c.cdn-expressen.se/images/06/91/069135bf42934b0e867f3347f6d0e503/annan/632@60.jpg

The king and queen opening the Open Palace
IBL Bildbyrå

Delivering the scholarship awards at "The Thinking Hand" drawing competition
IBL Bildbyrå

Carl Philip at the change of Guards
IBL Bildbyrå

Victoria and Daniel in Strömsholm
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar were at the first carriage at the cortege, Carl Philip, Sofia, Madeleine and Chris at the other.

Wow, group photos before leaving the Palace! What a surprise! Photos from the cortege will be updated here.
Belga Image

A lot more photos of the royal couple and crown princess family at Logården at the Royal Palace.
IBL Bildbyrå

SVT sends the concert from Skansen delayed at SVT1 and SVT Play at 20.00.
Link here:
Nationaldagen _ SVT Play

Estelle is coming to the concert for the first time! Oscar has been taken to the car to a way home. Usually it has been the Westlings who have followed the cortege in a car and taken Estelle home.

Exciting for Oscar...
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136634149:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=ibhagkpc
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136634184:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=pjnjding

The crown princess family stands one step lower than the king and queen
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136632645:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=clebknkf

Concert's host Anne Lundberg said to the public before the royal family arrived:
- A little bird whispered to my ear that maybe, maybe princess Estelle will be among the audience for the first time. It is always fun when there are children in the audience.
SVT_s överraskning – Estelle dyker upp i rutan från Skansen

Här gör Estelle som mamma Victoria– Oscar nyfiken i vagnen

First time at the concert
https://e.cdn-expressen.se/images/ec/fb/ecfb01c0d92d47e08e38387b75f5a028/16x9/1264@60.jpg
https://c.cdn-expressen.se/images/82/3d/823d8863a6254ea0ae128a900521d162/16x9/1264@60.jpg

Familjen samlad! Se bilderna från kungligheternas kortege _ Svensk Damtidning

Premiere for the little princess! Now the royal family is in place at Skansen - but who is that whom we see at the bottom of the right hand corner? It is Princess Estelle who makes national debut in the TV-broadcasted celebration from Skansen!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjsNwqLjhFF/?taken-by=expressenkungligt

Love Estelle's yellow and blue hair ribbons
https://media.shootitlive.com/Wd0PK7H52I4QLAHta8ddRMSP6mx/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/0GOqyn4HOJbw6OoP4D8yqU2fxQy/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/BLt6fKzVSRDk7KHPd961m6JI1Zg/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/35A1WD85kNmNcwXwujk5tZljrZy/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/Q15spfiTWeiJ2VYwGj9kgeDZcoq/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/SQbkoLEKoEczdVp8NnFbs2Jdkfp/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/RnZhmzPaz6GtdpO78xPXWSv3waZ/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/SvIUcqwZ4r2YFsGdTyLK8jTKPtH/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/BFSsMFD9Bno49jRtLR1SSb2CZnZ/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/DPNvR0WChlNECPLl7X0Vg12aca2/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835
https://media.shootitlive.com/KDW8wdVWsqSxjEztrSsJJAdc95s/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/7835

The whole Aftonbladet's gallery
Nationaldagen firas på Skansen _ Aftonbladet

The concert starts
https://www.svtplay.se/video/18113375/nationaldagen/nationaldagen-6-jun-20-00-1

Estelle...
https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136636085:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=ickcjffl
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136636088:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=johnnhmn

Oh, that 12-year-old boy who sang was so cute. And court singer Elin Rombo, she sings so beautifully. And Estelle singing the National Anthem.

Group photo at the Palace before the reception.
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136636824:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=knmemmgb

The performers of the Skansen concert are also invited to the reception, here John Lundvik.
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136637034:1800x650:w?v=5b0ac49d&m=npgobndp

Now the Tapto starts, one of absolute highlights of the evening for me.
The royal family at Tapto
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010100011C15283147021013702

Back
Top Bottom