June 6 - Sweden's National Day (2003-2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
www.ibl.se - Invigning av Öppet Slott 2003-06-06 Kronprinsessan Victoria © Chalres Hammarsten / IBL

www.ibl.se - Invigning av Öppet Slott 2003-06-06 Kronprinsessan Victoria © Chalres Hammarsten / IBL

Attachments

• vic_030606_21a.jpg
    vic_030606_21a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 466
  • vic_030606_14b.jpg
    vic_030606_14b.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 478
  • vic_030606_11c.jpg
    vic_030606_11c.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 460
  • vic_030606_07e.jpg
    vic_030606_07e.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 495
  • vic_030606_02g.jpg
    vic_030606_02g.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 469
Last edited by a moderator:
Stockholm Castle, Sweden - Crownprincess Victoria opens the "Open Castle" arrangement, that is a part of the National Day on june, 6th this year in Sweden. Photo: Charles Hammarsten

colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 418
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 426
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 428
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 402
June 6, 2003 - Sweden's National Day

Polfoto 06-06-2003 Gothenburg 20030606 The swedish king and queen and prince Carl-Philip spent parts of Swedish national day in Gothenburg where they launched the East india Merchantman "Gštheborg III". Photo: Maria Ullnert/Kamerareportage kod: 224 COPYRIGHT PRESSENS BILD

Attachments

• SW_06_06_a.jpg
    SW_06_06_a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 440
  • SW_06_06_b.jpg
    SW_06_06_b.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 440
  • SW_06_06_c.jpg
    SW_06_06_c.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 378
  • SW_06_06_d.jpg
    SW_06_06_d.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 392
  • SW_06_06_g.jpg
    SW_06_06_g.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 382
  • ch048922_guest.jpg
    ch048922_guest.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 337
Oooooooooohhhhh, prince Carl-Philip seems to become even more handsome as time goes by! And most of all he seems so relaxed in recent years. Does anybody know why he accompanied his parents today, and why he has four official duties (according to www.royalcourt.se) next week? That´s more than crown princess Victoria. Has he so much time now?

;) He is really handsome. I think he has more engagements than CP Victoria because maybe those engagements are really for him and I think he can do it... :rolleyes:

colourpress.com

Stockholm, Skansen, Sweden - The swedish royal family at the celebration of the Swedish National Day (june 6th) at Skansen. Photo: Karin Toernblom

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 475
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 483
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 455

Attachments

• sylvia_a.jpg
    sylvia_a.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 346
  • madeline_a.jpg
    madeline_a.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 365
  • carriage_a.jpg
    carriage_a.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 535
  • 030606_10_2.jpg
    030606_10_2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 474
  • 030606_12_2.jpg
    030606_12_2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 414
  • 030606_17_2.jpg
    030606_17_2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 030606_08_2.jpg
    030606_08_2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 500

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 427
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 416
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 437
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 407
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 456
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 415
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 406
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 426
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 425
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 426

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 437
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 425
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 420
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 441
I am curious why only the women wear a traditional costume on National Day? Surely the men have one too.

They have traditional costumes, but maybe they think its embarassing(sp?) to wear them.
When Carl Philip was little he used to wear a traditional costume at the national day in June...
But I dont think I´ve ever seen the King wearing one..

I'd be curious to know if any members on this MB have participated in Swed. National Day events or watched the goings-on?

And what it feels like, is like and ....?

June 6, 2004 - Sweden's National Day

This year seems to be shaping up as something special, given a special pdf program at the Royal Court webpage:

How come ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 4th, 2004 - 8:13 pm
This year seems to be shaping up as something special, given a special pdf program at the Royal Court webpage:
http://www.royalcourt.se/net/Kungl....slotten/Kungliga+Slottet/%d6ppet+Slott+6+juni

How come ?
It has grown the last ( 4-5)years this "open castle" thing. This year 6 june is on a Sunday so more people will be able to come hence more PR? Soon the National Day will be a national holiday as well so then maybe we will start celebrating it even more!

Tomorrow, if you can watch Swedish TV you´ll maybe catch a glimps of me at Skansen, because I´m in the choir who will sing! :p

Originally posted by Alva It has grown the last ( 4-5)years this "open castle" thing. This year 6 june is on a Sunday so more people will be able to come hence more PR? Soon the National Day will be a national holiday as well so then maybe we will start celebrating it even more!

Tomorrow, if you can watch Swedish TV you´ll maybe catch a glimps of me at Skansen, because I´m in the choir who will sing! :p [/b]
Last year SVT has broadcasted the show at Skansen on the net...so maybe they do it again, and so ALL can/could see Alva...at least as long as she tells us, how she looks :p

As said before me - they have had the "open palace" thing for the last few years on the National Day, and it has grown more and more with a lot of activities.

This year is extra special, because it is this year 250 years ago since King Adolf Fredrik and Queen Lovisa Ulrika moved in to the new palace 1754, after the old palace "Tre Kronor" burned to the ground. So this jubilee year, that is the theme for the "open palace" on the National Day.

I think they started with "open castle" 2 years ago (in the Stockholm 750 years jubilee-year). At least Victoria opened then firstly the big castle door for the guests. It´s always a pleasure to watch this: Victoria in struggle with the door ;) I hope (and guess) that she will do it this year again.

Alva  Posted: Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:00 am

It has grown the last ( 4-5)years this "open castle" thing.
open castle sounds far better than 'open house' ... has a more regal air about it.

This year 6 june is on a Sunday so more people will be able to come hence more PR? Soon the National Day will be a national holiday as well so then maybe we will start celebrating it even more!
For us in Canada, July 1 is Canada Day and that is a public holiday, a highly revered holiday ... where the mood strikes people differently. Some put their all into multi-cultural participation, others do their thing in front of the Parliament Buildings, and most just hang out in the backyard with the BBQ, beer and friends. :)

Tomorrow, if you can watch Swedish TV you´ll maybe catch a glimps of me at Skansen, because I´m in the choir who will sing!
I hope you will be able to show a link to some pictures of your choir, Alva. I love listening to choirs.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 5th, 2004 - 8:57 am
I think they started with "open castle" 2 years ago (in the Stockholm 750 years jubilee-year). At least Victoria opened then firstly the big castle door for the guests. It´s always a pleasure to watch this: Victoria in struggle with the door ;) I hope (and guess) that she will do it this year again.
Yes. That was great. Victoria opening the big doors. A marvelous sight.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 6th, 2004 - 4:11 pm
Simply beautiful. Thanks for posting them.
Yes, she looked good, BUT today in Sweden is a national holiday...and isn´t there a law which prohibits the crown princess to wear a ponytail on "nationaldagen"??? :innocent:

Ha ha ha. Well, that is a good question. She wore a ponytail last year too. I will have to ask my good buddy, Sven Riksdagbeslutman about it. :lol: He would know. But nonetheless, I think she looked good.

Lena, I agree 100%.

The "Ponytail" is getting old. The Crown Princess need a New hairdo!

kate14  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:43 am

The Crown Princess need a New hairdo!
I agree 1 000 %. Or get rid of those wimpy spectacles ...... something daring ... something avant garde Swedish design.

Too bad because you just missed a nice tour of the Royal Palace.

A beautiful day throughout Sweden. Sunshine everwhere. That was cool. They showed how the various towns and villages are celebrating. Now the family is arriving.

oh well .... I had a tour of Drottningholm when I was in Sweden last. Just a matter of going again to see the Kungliga Slottet.

Besides with this TV stuff, I like Windows Media Player just fine. How come the Swedes are geared to RealPlayer ... do they own a chunk?

Don´t know. I opened up the Real Player to get a bigger picture. I prefer it over WMP anyway. This Tomas Ledin is good. Soft, summer music. I like it.

My first impressions:
A) The livestream is much better than last year
B ) The king looked a bit bored
C) CP Victoria wore her glasses. Which she did never before at the ceremony at Skansen. And IMO she should have kept it this way. Esp. as she always wears this "accountant-model" (I agree with KC)
D) Always when I had problems to spot Madeleine, I just searched for the darkest spot :innocent:
E) Carl Philip looked really hot-as usual
F) The festivities itself are neat and exciting. It´s interesting to watch how "intensive" the Swedes celebrate the summer and the flag. Something to which I´m not that "used"
G) I have to think the whole time, which one of the choir-girls could have been Alva!!!
picture of the Queen, Madeleine and Victoria

The king has spoken and everybody sang "Du Gamla, Du Fria" and now they are doing this tribute to summer and it just hit a low point when they did "Summer Breeze" by Seals and Croft but now now they are doing Sinatra so things are better.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 6th, 2004 - 3:25 pm
My first impressions:
A) The livestream is much better than last year
C) CP Victoria wore her glasses. Which she did never before at the ceremony at Skansen. And IMO she should have kept it this way. Esp. as she always wears this "accountant-model" (I agree with KC)
D) Always when I had problems to spot Madeleine, I just searched for the darkest spot :innocent:
E) Carl Philip looked really hot-as usual
F) The festivities itself are neat. It´s interesting to watch how "intensive" the Swedes celebrate the summer and the flag. Something to which I´m not that "used"
G) I have to think the whole time, which one of the choir-girls could have been Alva!!!
A Did not see it last year but it is a great feed.

B. He did but I saw him flapping his program earlier so he must have liked some of the music.

C. Yes. I like the glasses.

D. Yes. As always.

E. Not one to judge but he is a good looking man.

F. I loved the flag thing. Neat that the king holds the flags too. I loved it when they came in to. I liked the marches. Good upbeat music.

I liked that guy who was on earlier. Jan Mölmsjo is his name. I think. He was good. Victoria certainly enjoyed the concert and I saw Madeleine clapping too.

Lena  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:25 pm

My first impressions:

The king, imho, is always looking bored this last year ..... is he doing his best to get Victoria to assume all these duties, so he can go boating.

F) The festivities itself are neat and exciting. It´s interesting to watch how "intensive" the Swedes celebrate the summer and the flag. Something to which I´m not that "used"
Curious ... any comparison to the activties of the Norwegian May 17-th celebrations"

Don't they have more variety with these (and I only know the German word, sorry) Trachtenkleider ?

Back
Top Bottom