June 6 - Sweden's National Day (2003-2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pictures from Imaginescandinavia, part III
Here we see the classic division of work in this constellation of siblings...Victoria gives orders and Madeleine and Carl Philip have to follow them :D

Attachments

• b22.jpg
    b22.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 388
  • b21.jpg
    b21.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 287
  • b24.jpg
    b24.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 466
  • b23.jpg
    b23.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 345
Is it just me, the old nag, or are there others, who are a bit bored through Madeleine´s style. Always baby blue and white. And in a way also her hairstyle is also always the same. Ok, it´s not as it is with ponytailoria, but to see the same blond highlights in combination with the same strong tan for years isn´t directly exciting.

Pictures from Seegerpress. I guess this food on the plates are little strawberry cakes *yummy*
The little blond lady in the oversized national costume is one of the "brave sort". She broke through the barrier to make sure to be the first one, who give flowers to Madeleine and Victoria...

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 261
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,135
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 425
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 279
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 353
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 284
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 328
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 372
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,508
  • a10.jpg
    a10.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,162
Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures from Seegerpress, part II

Attachments

• a15.jpg
    a15.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 430
  • a18.jpg
    a18.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 275
  • a17.jpg
    a17.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 514
  • a16.jpg
    a16.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • a14.jpg
    a14.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 994
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,061
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 383
  • a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 420
  • a19.jpg
    a19.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 254
  • a20.jpg
    a20.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 278
Pictures from Seegerpress, part III

Attachments

• a21.jpg
    a21.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 334
  • a22.jpg
    a22.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 257
  • a23.jpg
    a23.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 258
  • a24.jpg
    a24.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 678
  • a25.jpg
    a25.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 264
  • a26.jpg
    a26.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 310
  • a27.jpg
    a27.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 341
Various pics from Aftonbladet, Expressen, Fotomarktplatz and UKpress

Attachments

• a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 336
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 386
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 324
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 284
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,096
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 354
Lena said:
Is it just me, the old nag, or are there others, who are a bit bored through Madeleine´s style. Always baby blue and white. And in a way also her hairstyle is also always the same. Ok, it´s not as it is with ponytailoria, but to see the same blond highlights in combination with the same strong tan for years isn´t directly exciting.

Yes, perhaps, boring but she knows a style that makes her look good. I think she looks just fine. Her sister looks great too. That little girl who broke on through(I´m sure the security people put up a big fight) was adorable. Thanks for the photos as always.

"Here we see the classic division of work in this constellation of siblings...Victoria gives orders and Madeleine and Carl Philip have to follow them"

ha ha ha. God bless the future queen! A stylish queen!:rolleyes:

Lena said:
Ooh, ponytailoria. Nice word, Lena. I like it! :) But I agree. Both siblings seem to be magnetised to one extreme; sameness. It's quite sad. If only we could swap Victoria and Madeleine's hairstyles once in a while. Aww, that girl is so cute. I want to give her a hug too! Can anyone see what I can see? Is it revenge of those shoes? *shudders* I hope not. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155735 I'm glad she used her index finger to fix her glasses in place. It can get a little confusing if you use the middle. :p

Danielle said:
Ooh, ponytailoria. Nice word, Lena. I like it! :) But I agree. Both siblings seem to be magnetised to one extreme; sameness. It's quite sad. If only we could swap Victoria and Madeleine's hairstyles once in a while. Aww, that girl is so cute. I want to give her a hug too! Can anyone see what I can see? Is it revenge of those shoes? *shudders* I hope not. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155735 I'm glad she used her index finger to fix her glasses in place. It can get a little confusing if you use the middle. :p

I like that word, ponytailoria. Love the big photos. Sameness. Uniformity in clothing. Yes, I can see it now. Expressobladet: "Victoria uses moment to fix glasses to show how she really feels about the Swedish people." tsk tsk tsk tsk.

Dennism said:
Yes, I can see it now. Expressobladet: "Victoria uses moment to fix glasses to show how she really feels about the Swedish people." tsk tsk tsk tsk.
Ha ha ha. I actually do it quite often, but it's no accident. Oops! :eek: Thank you Lena for all the photos.

You are welcome! :)

Can anyone see what I can see? Is it revenge of those shoes? *shudders* I hope not.

:D Yes, it is. I´ve thought about posting it (the fact and this pic), but I´ve also thought maybe you wouldn´t find out and this certain "oh no the white shoes again"-feeling wouldn´t hit you.

Attachments

• shoes1.jpg
    shoes1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 351
Lena said:
You are welcome! :)

:D Yes, it is. I´ve thought about posting it (the fact and this pic), but I´ve also thought maybe you wouldn´t find out and this certain "oh no the white shoes again"-feeling wouldn´t hit you.
I am a very observant person, so hiding it wouldn't have worked. I'm disappointed. Can't someone be a friend and tell her they look dodgy? Jeez. Of course, this is only my opinion so no-one start attacking me. :p

Lena said:

Has Madeleine always been a blond? Have you ever wondered what she would look like as a brunette with gold or red highlights. I'm not good at improvising with PAINT or Photoshop, but maybe somewhat esle can or has already done so to give Madeleine a brand new hair colour. It would be nice to see such pictures.:)

Mandy said:
Has Madeleine always been a blond? Have you ever wondered what she would look like as a brunette with gold or red highlights. I'm not good at improvising with PAINT or Photoshop, but maybe somewhat esle can or has already done so to give Madeleine a brand new hair colour. It would be nice to see such pictures.:)

Or give her that red spiky hair that Victoria had one time in that funny photo. Ahh, the magic of the computer. :)

Mandy said:
Has Madeleine always been a blond?

This would be her natural colour:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0006/08/MADELEINENY.jpg
In summer it would be maybe a bit lighter. One would call her colour then in german "straßenköterblond" (= "street cur blond"...I think in english you would call it "dishwater blond"). Many girls with such a hair colour (between brown and blond) choose often blond highlights, but I though would suggest to try it also with a darker colour. This would be a nice contrast to her beautiful blue eyes.

Last edited:
I never noticed that those white shoes are back! :D

I like the darker blond on Princess Madeleine as well, thanks for showing us.

Gita said:
I never noticed that those white shoes are back! :D
'Tis true. :(

Lena said:
In summer it would maybe a bit lighter. One would call her colour then in german "straßenköterblond" (= "street cur blond"...I think in english you would call it "dishwater blond"). Many girls with such a hair colour (between brown and blond) choose often blond highlights, but I though would suggest to try it also with a darker colour. This would be a nice contrast to her beautiful blue eyes.
Maybe it's just the light, but that looks a reddish brown colour to me. I don't know why (I'm guess I'm just really tired), but that image reminds me of a ski instructor. :)

The first pics from Skansen:
Today is the National Day of Sweden June 6. From this year 2005 the National Day is a public holiday and is celebrated in memory of the founding of the kingdom of Sweden in 1523 and the confirmatory of the constitution law in 1809.
This will be celebrated in traditional fashion in Skansen, the Stockholm outdoor museum: members of the royal family join a procession to Skansen where there are speeches, flag ceremony, singing, brass bands, folk music, etc., broadcast live by Swedish Television.

More:http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/main.php?cmd=Browse&SelectArchive=S3S

Attachments

• b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 402
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 700
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 342
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 958
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 332
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 381
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 358
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 326
Lena said:
In summer it would maybe a bit lighter. One would call her colour then in german "straßenköterblond" (= "street cur blond"...I think in english you would call it "dishwater blond"). Many girls with such a hair colour (between brown and blond) choose often blond highlights, but I though would suggest to try it also with a darker colour. This would be a nice contrast to her beautiful blue eyes.

Thanks for the picture. I think that she looks much better with darker hair. I would love to see her as a brunette with red highlights.

Hair

I would love to see that to Mandy, I bet that would look lovely on her.

Mandy said:
Thanks for the picture. I think that she looks much better with darker hair..

Yes, she does. But the spiky red hair thing might be interesting too. Thanks for the photos of the royals at Skansen.

Here are some more photos from Skansen today:

Attachments

• Len1.jpeg
    Len1.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Len2.jpeg
    Len2.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 320
  • LenCP.jpeg
    LenCP.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Girls1.jpeg
    Girls1.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 498
More from Imagine Scandinavia:

Attachments

• CP1.jpeg
    CP1.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Len3.jpeg
    Len3.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 306
  • CPLEN2.jpeg
    CPLEN2.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 305
  • Barnen.jpeg
    Barnen.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 365
  • VICLEN.jpeg
    VICLEN.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Vic1.jpeg
    Vic1.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 319
  • LENETW.jpeg
    LENETW.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 350
  • CP2.jpeg
    CP2.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 372
More pictures of the event :)

Attachments

• 53028093.jpg
    53028093.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 53028131.jpg
    53028131.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 561
  • 53028340.jpg
    53028340.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 53028344.jpg
    53028344.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 321
my darling looks so beautiful like always, i like that baby blue suit... and i love her hair and that smile

Swedish royals kick off new national holiday Written by Angelina Tuesday, 07 June 2005
swedish%20trio.jpg
Sweden's royal family has been getting into the spirit of things at their country's national day celebrations by donning traditional costume. Crown Princess Victoria was sporting a colourful blue and yellow dress when she took her seat for the start of the festivities, while her younger sibling Princess Madeleine, who sat alongside brother Carl Philip, was in an elegant black gown.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia meanwhile made their entrance at Stockholm's famous open-air museum in a horse-drawn carriage. The family no doubt wanted to put in a strong showing at the celebrations because this is the first time they have been staged as part of a national holiday.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia meanwhile made their entrance at Stockholm's famous open-air museum in a horse-drawn carriage. The family no doubt wanted to put in a strong showing at the celebrations because this is the first time they have been staged as part of a national holiday.

swedenatday-dop2a.jpg

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia arrive at Stockholm's open air museum

swedenatday-dop3a.jpg

A radiant Madeleine seemed to be enjoying her country's new holiday

Although Sweden is a country that has plenty to be proud of, its national day has been a distinctly understated affair until now. Most countries link their annual festivities to an act of armistice or independence, but the Scandinavian country has not taken part in any wars or revolutions for centuries so there has been no great need to unite the nation.

swedenatday-dop4a.jpg

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine swapped their traditional costumes for some more modern attire when they got back to the royal palace

Its politicians have been pondering the idea of creating a new public holiday for literally decades, though, and last year it was decided June 6 would be ideal. The date marks the end of Danish rule, way back in 1523, and the adoption of a new constitution in 1809. From now on the Swedish royals will be joining together with ten million subjects each year to celebrate their national identity.

swedenatday-dop1a.jpg

Crown Princess Victoria stands alongside Princess Lilian as the celebrations get underway

7 JUNE 2005 Hello Magazine

Photographs

Those are really nice photographs, particulary of a smiling Madeleine in traditional dress. :)

some more random photos from June 6th 2005

Attachments

• fam.jpg
    fam.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 425
  • momson.jpg
    momson.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 351
  • sibs.jpg
    sibs.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 423
  • sis.jpg
    sis.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 355
I know that what they wear is tradition, but where did it start? When did they become the national dress? And how come the King and Carl Philip don't wear something special?

I´ve been wondering about that to... There is many costumes for men, but I´ve never seen the king wearing one, and Carl Philip only did when he was little (perhaps mommy dear made him to :D )

here´s one from 1987 of Carl Philip wearing one...

Attachments

• 1987.jpg
    1987.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom