Gustaf Magnuson's 30th Birthday Masquerade Ball: August 20, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lena

Heir Apparent
City
Mandø
Country
Denmark
This evening Gustaf Magnusson (son of princess Christina) will celebrate his 30th birthday (actually his birthday is on the 8th of August) with a "gustavian party"-which means that the guests have to wear customes as it was in the gustavian age* common. Gustaf self has chosen most of the decoration, dinner etc.
The whole Royal family will come. And the partners of the Royal children are also expected.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=423494

This pic is from stureplan.se (and probably on the invitation cards)
ag9pz.jpg

When we would get to see many pics, the moderators maybe could make later an own thread (?)

*named after Gustav III, Swedish king (born 1746, king from 1771-1792)

Last edited:
Wow, that looks almost like an authentic person from the Gustavian time! I'm impressed! His face is a bit too "modern" though, but other than that he looks quite convincing! Thanks Lena for posting this info, I know I have read this somewhere before, but I had just forgotten it. I though fear that we shouldn't hope for too many pictures from this party, since I assume it's a private one.

GrandDuchess said:
I though fear that we shouldn't hope for too many pictures from this party, since I assume it's a private one.

Yes, I fear the same. But thanks god, Gustaf is the attention seeking one of the three brothers...and all guests have to arrive. So we at least probably get the chance to see them in the customes (which is the most excting thing...dunno, if we want to see them at 3 am drunken and tottering ;) )

Here's a picture that the Expressen article had with it, here you can see the King and Queen dressed up in Gustavian clothes for a party that the former County Governor of Stockholm, Ulf Adelsohn, and his wife Lena hosted a while ago.

I hope we will really get to see at least some pictures of the Royal Family, and the partners of the royal children, all dressed up. That would be cool! I wonder what they will all wear...

The party will be held at Confidencen, the theatre at the Ulriksdal Palace estate. It's very close to the home of Princess Christina, Villa Beylon. 200 guests, sounds like a big thing. The article says a lot of society people will be there, so I hope we'll get to see some pics of them too. Hopefully Svensk Damtidning will have pictures too.

Attachments

• fa4bcc30.jpg
    fa4bcc30.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4,308
A little foretaste before the big pics come. Madeleine could beat the red dress from nobel 2002 ;)
Scanpix

Attachments

• foretaste.jpg
    foretaste.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 3,185
Last edited:
Lena said:
A little foretaste before the big pics come. Madeleine could beat the red dress from nobel 2002 ;)
Scanpix
That dress seems a little, eh, 'tight'. Yes, I bet some people can't wait for bigger photos. :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: Can she breath in that dress at all:confused:

It seems it is Jonas in the background, hopefully all children with partners and the King and Queen, now will that get the gossip going:D

Larzen said:
:eek: :eek: Can she breath in that dress at all:confused:

It seems it is Jonas in the background, hopefully all children with partners and the King and Queen, now will that get the gossip going:D

How can you recognise Jonas? I´m worried about my eyes. Larzen, you always seem to see so much more. Well, let´s hope it´s Jonas...and let´s hope for a blushed CP, forced to wear some fancy 18th century clothes :D

Well, while many people will be happy to see photos like these of Madeleine, it is not the kind of publicity the RF needs. They need good short- and long-term publicity that focuses on their works and their activities. Not merely their fashions, private lives or "glamour".

Dennism said:
Well, while many people will be happy to see photos like these of Madeleine, it is not the kind of publicity the RF needs. They need good short- and long-term publicity that focuses on their works and their activities. Not merely their fashions, private lives or "glamour".

Their Fashions, Glamour, What they do in their Private Lives, IMO comes with the Territory of being a Public Figure.

Of course, but a balance would be good. The coverage is considerably more towards the fashions, glamour and private lives.

I agree with you. The first thing some people ask is What is she wearing, who designed the outfit. This question seems to come First then the next question what was the function all about. Sad but True

Yes, and the fact that Madeleine is wearing a very revealing outfit is going to make people focus on the fashions more.

Not the First time Mad wore a revealing outfit and I'm sure it won't be the Last. (Even though this event is not Official) Sad but True?

This is what I mean. There is not the balance and another dress of Madeleine´s will get so much attention and yet, where is the attention on their activities?

Dennism said:
This is what I mean. There is not the balance and another dress of Madeleine´s will get so much attention and yet, where is the attention on their activities?

It's kind of off the subject and I know Madeleine has worn dresses like this before but wasn't that kind of revealing dress the style of the nobility in the 18th century?:confused:

Last edited:
Here are 3 pictures of Princess Madeleine at the 30th birthday party of Gustaf Magnusson yesterday. All are from Fotomarktplatz.

I think they all looked great, nice to see that they've made an effort with the costumes. I hope we get to see the King and Queen too.... And the partners of the royal siblings, who were all there, but said to have been "smuggled in" earlier. Daniel Collert was also there, but the article doesn't say if his girlfriend was, but I suppose so.

And yes Dennism, I agree, it's a pity what a shallow media we have.

And here are two of Crown Princess Victoria, from Fotomarktplatz. Her costume is just fab, she truly looks like a Gustavian woman! :) That dress must've taken a lot of time to plan and then get ready.

Attachments

• Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_1.jpg
    Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 961
  • Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_2.jpg
    Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,438
  • Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_3.jpg
    Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2,702
  • Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_6.jpg
    Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_6.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,920
  • Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_7.jpg
    Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_7.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,037
Last edited by a moderator:
GrandDuchess said:
And here are two of Crown Princess Victoria, from Fotomarktplatz. Her costume is just fab, she truly looks like a Gustavian woman! :) That dress must've taken a lot of time to plan and then get ready.
Thank you for the photos. :) I agree; Victoria looked great. Her costume is very beautiful. Were they made especially for this occasion?

Danielle said:
Thank you for the photos. :) I agree; Victoria looked great. Her costume is very beautiful. Were they made especially for this occasion?
I'm not sure, but I guess so... Unlesss they have been to other Gustavian theme parties that we don't know of.

Yes, her outfit looked just fab. Her hair is cool too. Very much of the time. Yes, a shallow media indeed. Yes, the outfit was of a revealing kind that they wore back then but still the coverage bothers me.

GrandDuchess said:

Wow!Great photos.So cool.Thanks lots GrandDuchess.

Princess Cristina and her husband looks smashing:D Gustavs girlfriend is very pretty, does anyone know something about her.

Madeleiene did not do her research well, I dont think any woman in the gustavian era had skin colour like ginger bread:rolleyes:

from face to face, still no picture of the King and Queen

Attachments

• 00729806.jpg
    00729806.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 00729805.jpg
    00729805.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,461
  • 00729804.jpg
    00729804.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 00729803.jpg
    00729803.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,452
  • 00729802.jpg
    00729802.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,803
  • 00729801.jpg
    00729801.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,508
  • 00729800.jpg
    00729800.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 580
  • 00729799.jpg
    00729799.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,531
  • 00729798.jpg
    00729798.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,748
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Madeleiene did not do her research well, I dont think any woman in the gustavian era had skin colour like ginger bread:rolleyes:

:D
Madeleine tells the story of the maidservant Anna, who had to herd daily the cows on the meadows of the count. One day she saved the life of the count and was allowed to attend his party-to the outrage of the gustavian society ;)
Well, Madeleine could have used some powder though

Thanks to all, who have posted these lovely pics.
I wonder when and if we get to see pics of the Royal couple and the partners of the Royal children. Daniel has worn (according to Aftonbladet) a red custome-I want to see that!

The king and queen wasn't there? Perhaps the party was only for young friends of Gustaf Magnuson?

ursulajohanna said:
The king and queen wasn't there? Perhaps the party was only for young friends of Gustaf Magnuson?
The press said they would, and it's not like the guests are all young.... So it can't be that. Johan Staël von Holstein and the Billgren's for example, aren't very young. And his parents, Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson are no youngsters either.

Has anyone access to Aftonbladet PLUS? I wonder, which pics they have.

Fantastic idea for a party. Carl Philip looked really handsome :)

I know it was the fashion of the era, but princess Madeleine certainly likes to show off her breasts...

Hannelore said:
I know it was the fashion of the era, but princess Madeleine certainly likes to show off her breasts...

Yes and many a male is happy that she does that...:D

Back
Top Bottom