Graduations of Victoria, Carl Philip & Madeleine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yennie

Heir Presumptive
City
Skåne
Country
Sweden
Lets post pictures from the royal princes and princesses graduations!
I´m in a graduation mood today since my graduation starts in a couple of hours :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,542
hi

I have question about graduations in sweden, why do all the graduates wear those 'seamanhats' and are driving around in 'trucks' (well at least in stockholm). how did this tradition began?

thx in advance

;) I was just wondering why when you graduate in Sweden you will wear whiote dresses and seaman caps??? Is it necessary I mean here in our place we wear white galas like an alternate uniform its all white but we don't wear those caps/.... ;)

Its tradition.. everybody wears them. The cap have different colours depending on your school/major.
When your graduation is over all your friends sign the hat and you keep it as a memory...
and I think the reason why your dress is white is that you should look innocent and sweet :rolleyes:

I´m still a little "graduation high" so sorry if this sounds a little confusing =)

Oh, I´ve thought that you still have to write the exams. But as I see now you already have your exam and that you´re celebrating it now. My congratulations!!!! And I´m :innocent: singing a "studentsång" for you ;)
Is it in Sweden also common to make a journey with your classmates to a foreign country (e.g we were in Kos/Greece)?! I remember that princess Madeleine was in 2001 in France with far more people than before. Were that her classmates or friends, she knew from somewhere else?

I didnt go anywhere with my friends, we had a party instead =) It was alot of fun!
And on the graduation day the school had arranged a big concert and me and my friends drove around the town in a red cadillac

and some more royal graduation memories

Attachments

• STUDENT.JPG
    STUDENT.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,613
Last edited by a moderator:
POLFOTO 22.04.1966

Crown Prince Carl Gustaf

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 770
I read that Madeleine´s grades somewhen and she seemed to be quite good. How about the other ones? What were they good at? I also heard that the king was a bad student, is that true?

I´ve also read that the king wasn´t a very good student, but I don´t know his grades, what I know are CP Victoria´s grades: in almost all subjects the best possible mark, in English and Swedish she had two " fyra" (which would be a "B" or in Germany a "2"), and in mathematics she had a "tre" ("C" or "3"-mathematics as worst subject... I feel with her ;) ) That are really good marks, especially when you remeber her "dyslexia-confession" from last year! You can see a copy of her report-card in Jenny´s fourth yahoo club on Victoria (look under "rare pictures")

true, both Victoria and Madeleine made really good grades in school. I don´t know about Carl Philip´s grades but since he suffers from dyslexia maybe he didn´t made that good grades?
But I remember his teacher saying that "the prince got a really good graduation grade"... so who knows?

Originally posted by Yennie@Sep 9th, 2003 - 4:37 pm
I don´t know about Carl Philip´s grades but since he suffers from dyslexia maybe he didn´t made that good grades?
This dyslexia-thing...I´m a little bit confused. What are the facts, are all three children of the king suffering from dyslexia, inclusive Madeleine (concerning her, I´m not sure) ?!

I have heard that Princess Madeleine does not have dyslexia but Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip has got the learning difficulty for sure, like myself.

Both Carl Philip and Victoria have spoken about thier dyslexia.
And I think that the Queen mentioned in an interview that all the children had dyslexia.. but Carl Philip had the biggest problem with it. So maybe Madeleine has a "light" type of dyslexia?

Originally posted by Yennie@Sep 10th, 2003 - 3:36 am
Both Carl Philip and Victoria have spoken about thier dyslexia.
That´s interesting. When and where has Carl Philip spoken about his dyslexia? I have never heard him talking about such personal matters/feelings like Victoria.

I think he talked about it in the interview he did right before his 18th birthday. And Victoria and queen Silvia have talked about his dyslexia in interviews to.

Victoria about her dyslexia:
– Jag har själv gått i skolan och hört saker som gör ont …
Kronprinsessan Victoria stod i en universitetsaula inför 300 personer samlade till seminarium och talade – öppet, pedagogiskt och glatt – om mobbning och dyslexi, sina egna läs- och skrivsvårigheter.
– Bokstäverna hoppade. Alla skrattade. Tidigt fick jag veta att det inte var mitt fel. Ändå hade jag svårt att acceptera det. Jag kände mig så dum.
Efteråt berättade Victoria för mig:
– Jag har tidigare någon gång i en intervju talat om min dyslexi men aldrig förr har jag gjort det från en scen inför publik.

”Man hörde dumheter”
Något senare talade kronprinsessan Victoria med oss reportrar som i Örebro följde konferensen ”Vänskap vinner, om mobbning och kränkande behandling i skolan” även om sina erfarenheter av sexuella trakasserier.
Var kronprinsessan själv under sin skoltid utsatt för sexuella trakasserier?
– Ja, man hör sådant. Det fanns de som inte kände skiljelinjen.
Drabbades kronprinsessan själv av den där typen av språkbruk?
– Det kommer jag inte ihåg. En del dumheter sas nog som skämt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the pictures and the interview. Can anyone translate it ? I got the first part, but not the second, so...
Did Victoria say she suffered from mobbing too?

There are different levels of dyslexia, I don’t have a severe form luckily but I still can struggle in everyday tasks such as reading instructions and reading aloud.

Well still with the Graduation subject, i cant tell that here in Mexico is used to have a ceremony with the black gown o robe and beret and when you officially graduated you change the cord to the other side.
I still have doubt about Gymnasiet, u said that is highschool with college? how many years are that? or maybe you mean only highscholl with a technical carreer (short version) because we have schools like that, but i did 3 years of highschool, enter with 15 and finished with 18 an then comes the University, except medicine, law, are like 4 to 4 1/2 years, and then can come specialization courses, master degrees, doctorades... to many study!!!

The swedish school system is like this =)

age 7- you start 1st grade (year 1-3 is called "lågstadiet")
age 10- you start 4th grade (year 4-6 is called "mellanstadiet")
age 13 - 7th grade (7 - 9 is called "högstadiet")

all swedish children must attend school the first 9 years. after that you can decide for yourself if you want to go on to "gymnasiet"

16- you start "gymnasiet" and go there for three years. (thats kinda like high school)

After that you can go on to the University, its also called "Högskolan".
There you can study almost anything =) And you can also choose how many years you want to study.

at the university we have courses like this:
20 points = 20 weeks (1 term)
and then 40 points, 60 points...

Yes.. a year and a half.
She graduated from Enskilda Gymnasiet in june 2001. From October to December 2001 she studied english in London. In the spring of 2002 she studied law at "Folkuniversitetet"
Fall of 2002 she worked at various companys specializing in design.
And then from January 2003 to Januaryt 2004 she studied science of art at Stockholm university.
She started the "B course" in art last week...

The swedish school system is like this =)

So swedish childeren are free for the first 6 years??? :eek:
and after that you can choose if you want to go further with classes??? :eek:

what a weird school system Sweden has.

Originally posted by Yennie@Jan 26th, 2004 - 6:19 pm
Yes.. a year and a half.
She graduated from Enskilda Gymnasiet in june 2001. From October to December 2001 she studied english in London. In the spring of 2002 she studied law at "Folkuniversitetet"
Fall of 2002 she worked at various companys specializing in design.
And then from January 2003 to Januaryt 2004 she studied science of art at Stockholm university.
She started the "B course" in art last week...
I think she started the C course 40 - 60 points level

I think she started the C course 40 - 60 points level
oh yes, thats right. She took 1-40 points last year...

I´m the one who started my B course last week. I´m way to tired to post here today. I keep mix things up :p :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Josefine@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 10:40 am
I can´t spell
How nice :D I have also dyslexia. When I hear a difficult word it is very difficult for me to put it on paper and when I read a difficult word I can't hardly pronounce it. :wacko:
English and French were my worst subjects at high school, terrible... :cry: So visiting the forums here is very good for my english, I combine business with pleasure :p

Did the school Victoria, Carl Philip and Len attended for "high school" require them to wear a uniform of any type?

what the two princessess are celeb. in this pics ? and by the way the are to beutyfull. :flower: tx for the pics

Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 6th, 2003 - 12:26 am
Lets post pictures from the royal princes and princesses graduations!
I´m in a graduation mood today since my graduation starts in a couple of hours :rolleyes:
Who is Victoria hugging in this picture...it looks suspiciously like her younger sister Madeleine, but that doesn't add up, as Madeleine would not have graduated yet...anyone know?

The girl Victoria is hugging is one of her classmates. I dont know her name but I´ve seen her with Victoria before...
Did the school Victoria, Carl Philip and Len attended for "high school" require them to wear a uniform of any type?
no, Enskilda Gymnasiet dont have a school uniform. I think its just the bording schools in Sweden (Lundsberg, Sigtuna and two more) that still have uniforms...

Back
Top Bottom