The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2022, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, writes at his column about "a wonderful royal super year" ahead of us. In just a few weeks, beloved Estelle turns ten years old and it will of course be noticed in every way. And there will be Madeleine's 40th birthday and Victoria's 45th birthday!
Lindwall can reveal that "his little spies at the palace" tell that a big party is planned when Madeleine turns 40. If the continued pandemic does not put a stop to it, Madeleine and her family have planned to have a big party in the two days at Drottningholm Palace on Friday 10 June and the day after. A family dinner and a big friends party are planned.
And the birthday Lindwall is convinced all long for most in 2022 is without a doubt Victoria's 45th birthday. Lindwall is going to Öland, we'll meet there?
Detaljer om Madeleines hemliga 40-årsfest avslöjade_ _Mina spioner på slottet säger.._ _*Svensk Dam

Old 01-10-2022, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Court presupposes that those who participate in gatherings with the Royal Family are fully vaccinated
According to the Swedish Public Health Agency's guidelines from 30 September 2021, those who are not fully vaccinated against covid-19 should pay special attention to people in the risk group and people who are 70 years and older. Those who are not fully vaccinated should take precautions to avoid becoming infected themselves and to avoid the spread of covid-19.
In connection with official gatherings and other work events in which the Royal Family participates, the Royal Court presupposes that those who participate are fully vaccinated.
Kungahuset och covid-19-pandemin - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 01-10-2022, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I am confused about the intention behind the announcement. To deflect criticism for permitting people who are unvaccinated to participate in royal gatherings? Or to remind people who have not been vaccinated that they should not attend royal gatherings, in order to protect the other participants?
Old 01-10-2022, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I am confused about the intention behind the announcement. To deflect criticism for permitting people who are unvaccinated to participate in royal gatherings? Or to remind people who have not been vaccinated that they should not attend royal gatherings, in order to protect the other participants?

That's just my personal impression, but I think this might be a gentle reminder for people, who are unvaccinated, to please stay away from royal events. The King and Queen are both over 70 and therefore at particular risk. I'm sure they don't fancy catching the disease again in the future and this might be the court taking precautions.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I was also confused about the intention behind this message. Maybe someone from Sweden can enlighten us about what kind of criticism or other response there was in Swedish media/society that might have led to this announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eleanor View Post
That's just my personal impression, but I think this might be a gentle reminder for people, who are unvaccinated, to please stay away from royal events. The King and Queen are both over 70 and therefore at particular risk. I'm sure they don't fancy catching the disease again in the future and this might be the court taking precautions.
However, vaccinated people might also carry the virus and spread it to others. While the chances are smaller, they are still very real (especially with Omicron).
Old 01-10-2022, 01:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I was also confused about the intention behind this message.

However, vaccinated people might also carry the virus and spread it to others. While the chances are smaller, they are still very real (especially with Omicron).

Certainly, it's not 100%. Nothing is really, unless the King and Queen continue to isolate at home, which they probably don't want to do...

Alternatively, they could ask for a negative test, as is common for many events in certain European countries, but I don't think that's done in Sweden, so it might be difficult for them to ask for that. Sweden is very laissez-faire about the virus, so I think in general the court has trouble asking for anything, which is why they're asking for vaccination gently. As opposed to, again, events in other European countries, the court doesn't even seem to feel comfortable actually checking people's vaccination status.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

No criticism in the media about royal gatherings especially, but the government today announced a tightening of restrictions from Wednesday. The Court's communique is completely in line with the new restrictions and I see it as a reminder to people to adhere to said restrictions.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

A little over ten days after they were infected, the king and queen Silvia are in principle completely restored, but they are not completely healthy.
Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that the king is completely free of symptoms and the queen still has a small cold.
At the same time, the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel are well, but remain isolated at home. Thorgren said that Daniel and Victoria are still in quarantine. Their family is otherwise feeling fine.
Kungafamiljen_ Drottning Silvia fortsatt sjuk – kungen symtomfri