The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 AM
Aristocracy

I love crownprincess Victoria's hairdo! It's so lovely on her! Estelle looks very cute as alwasy! Lovely photos! I hope to see them in high def later on the website!

Old 02-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Majesty

i loved the new photo of the king, victoria and estelle in the stamps. i love how victoria is dressed and also her hairdo, and the cute dress estelle has on!

Old 02-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Love the stamps. The picture of the three reminds me of Norway. Though it would be nice if they did what the Norweigans do, and actually take a photo together (Haakon, Harald and IA are often shot together). Instead of photo shopping pictures together. It shouldn't have been too hard.

Love Vic's outfit and hairstyle, so soft, would love if she wore her hair like that at an event. Estelle is as cute as ever. Her hair does remind me of one of the Spanish princesses.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Nice three generation photo. Agree a little bit too much Photoshop, especially on Victoria. But love that its the King and his heirs
Old 02-23-2016, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

I Love the Stamps! They all look great !
Old 02-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

I love the stamps! Obviously, it would have been better if they didn't photoshop everyone together, but it's a pretty great job. And Victoria looks like a knockout!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

This Swedish Princess Cake will give you a taste of royalty - The Local

Someone from Sweden who taste this caκe?
Old 02-27-2016, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

It's the most popular kind of cake in Sweden, a horrid mess of cream, jam, marzipan on a sweet dough. Everyone loves it except for me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Daniel and queen Silvia are at MedTechMagazine's list of the 100 most powerful people at medtech world.
Medical technology is an important part of the solution to the future care challenge. How investments look today, the steps taken in the development, is vital to the future of everyone's health and survival. At the list are the people in research, industry, health care and community that now have the most power and influence.
Daniel is 55th
Prince Daniel, active patient including More Organ Donation, the registry for organ donation and entrepreneur. He has been taken to the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences and has there a good platform to work from.
Maktlistan 2016 - plats 30-69 - MedTech Magazine - MedTech Magazine
Queen Silvia is 79th
Queen Silvia is involved in many issues and in recent years she has done much to raise the important issue of dementia. Through the Foundation Silviahemmet training opportunities are created for health professionals and funding for research. When Queen Silvia speaks, everyone listens.
Maktlistan2016_ plats nr 70-100 - MedTech Magazine - MedTech Magazine

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia attended a couple of weeks ago at the 75th birthday anniversary party of businessman Claes Dinkelspiel. He celebrated his birthday with 320 guests at Wallmans Salonger in Stockholm. Mark Levengood hosted the evening and among the performers were Peter Jöback and The Fantastic Four.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Also princess Christina and Tord Magnuson attended.
And count Bertil and countess Jill Bernadotte af Wisborg

A survey Novus has done on behalf of the Association of The Swedish Advertisers, shows that one in five Swedes think that Crown Princess Victoria is the biggest role model within the Swedish media.
Swedish Advertisers does with market research company Novus ongoing studies of the Swedish people's attitudes to various brands. In the latest online survey about 1,000 people were questioned on 4th-10th February, on the occasion of the International Women's Day March 8: "Who, of the following Swedish female media profiles do you think is the biggest role model for you personally?"
At the top of the list is Crown Princess Victoria. Total 20 percent of Swedes think that she is the biggest female role model in the Swedish media. Among women, the figure rises to 24 percent. TV4 and TV host profile Tilde de Paula gets 10 percent of the votes. Tied for third place on the list are Anja Pärson, Babben Larsson and Robyn, each receive 7 percent of the votes.
Princess Madeleine and princess Sofia received both 2 percent of the votes.
Kronprinsessan toppar listan över kvinnliga förebilder - Sveriges Annonsörer
https://mb.cision.com/Public/1473/99...161b77d5b9.pdf
Old 03-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Royal Highness

@Lady Finn - I looked over that list. Good for Victoria, bad for Madeleine and Sofia. (Where they throwing shade when they listed Sofia as "Sofia Hellqvist"? ) I'm surprised the queen didn't make the cut. Of of 1000 people polled, only 20 (2%) each saw Madeleine and Sofia good role models. This is not good when you represent the brand that is called the Swedish Royal Family. Hazarding a guess, Madeleine's and Sofia's past reputations may have been a factor in the polling. Throw in the Madeleine vs. Sofia feud that has played out in the tabloids and their individual negative stories in the press may have been that "I-just-can't" moment for these royals when time came to voting. I wish there were a follow up question as to why just to get insight.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Lady Finn - I looked over that list. Good for Victoria, bad for Madeleine and Sofia. (Where they throwing shade when they listed Sofia as "Sofia Hellqvist"? ) I'm surprised the queen didn't make the cut. Of of 1000 people polled, only 20 (2%) each saw Madeleine and Sofia good role models. This is not good when you represent the brand that is called the Swedish Royal Family. Hazarding a guess, Madeleine's and Sofia's past reputations may have been a factor in the polling. Throw in the Madeleine vs. Sofia feud that has played out in the tabloids and their individual negative stories in the press may have been that "I-just-can't" moment for these royals when time came to voting. I wish there were a follow up question as to why just to get insight.
hazard a guess, You know how to make it, but I do not think this survey calls for an analysis like this. Where royal mixed with media personalities, who do not have the same media exposure, the same freedom of speech ...
But if you like inquiries, lists, in here is an other one

ÅRETS KVINNOR 2016 - Internationella kvinnodagen 8 mars

This year's Women 2016

On International Women's Day traditionally appoints Expressen year's women.

100 women - who have been successful, courageous or otherwise been role models since March 8 last year.

Princess Sofia
31 years.

Conquered not only the prince's heart but also the Swedish people with his work for the needy children of the world. Comparisons with Queen Silvia is not baseless.

You see lists, inquiries, we can find it tens, which will tell you everything and the opposite.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:05 AM
Royal Highness

This was a ranking generated by the staff of Expressen in honor of International Women's Day. It does not say how many people Expressen polled to get their rankings. The poll Lady Finn presented showed an outreach. Madeleine and Sofia has had a lot of media coverage, so lack of name recognition could not be a reason for the 2% for each of them.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This was a ranking generated by the staff of Expressen in honor of International Women's Day. It does not say how many people Expressen polled to get their rankings. The poll Lady Finn presented showed an outreach.
it is a closed list, so the proposed names, so limited and thenmixed media personalities, entertainment and finally the royals. And with this question :

Who, of the following Swedish female media profiles do you think is the biggest role model for you personally?"

For me, a royal, not part of the media, she can not speak freely about everything and not have the same exposure, so I personally do not see anything in there that we can emerge.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

Swedish royal divorce

This odd article came out in Bunte detailing "surprises" in the pre-nuptial contracts of the Crown Princess Couple, the Prince Couple and the Princess Couple.

Victoria, Madeleine & Carl Philip : Überraschende Geheimnisse aus ihren Eheverträgen | BUNTE.de

It doesn't say what prompted the article, and this has been addressed in another paper. Basically each person in the marriage keep what he/she brought in before they said I do, but what gets split in each marriage is odd:

Victoria & Daniel - the Haga household is split between them as well as things they bought together during their marriage. (How do you divide a household?) Does their beach house near Solliden get divided?

Madeleine & Chris - she keeps her investments; he keeps his. Neither gets half of the other.

Carl Philip & Sofia - all each generate in the marriage belong to the individual upon divorce; they split "everday objects" (china & kitchen equipment). So all profits from Carl Philip's businesses earned during the marriage Sofia can't get half. She gets the toaster; he gets the blender. (Frankly I think what Sofia got was hosed in this pre-nup.)

Bunte doesn't address custody of royal children. The trickiest I believe would be for Madeleine. Because they live in London she would have to work out a fair arrangement with Chris and maintain Leonore's and Nicolas's succession rights.

Bunte doesn't address if Sofia and Daniel would keep their titles and the Bernadotte surname if their marriages end.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royal court has published it's Annual Report 2015, it has been signed in February and put now to the website.
https://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...telsen2015.pdf

The report tells the king and queen hosted a total of 5000 guests at the events at the Royal Palace and at outgoing state visit. The Crown Princess Couple conducted official representation at Haga Palace and the Royal Palace with over 200 invited guests during the year.

The media highlights from the Annual Report, that the Court Administration reports a loss of SEK 1.2 million for last year, according to the annual report for 2015 and the loss is linked to Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding. The year before the Court Administration reported a surplus of SEK 2.1 million.
Hovet går back över en miljon – efter prinsbröllopet – Metro

Expressen's Dina Pengar has an article about the costs of the royal weddings 2010-2015.
Victoria and Daniel
The Crown Princess couple's wedding cost SEK 17 million. 10 million taxpayers had to pay for, the rest was paid from the private pocket.
- The Crown Princess's wedding was the most expensive of course, says the Treasurer of the court Jan Lindman.
Wedding festivities lasted three days with all European royal houses currently. Dinner and party at Drottningholm, and the great wedding banquet at the Royal Palace.
Madeleine and Chris
The wedding cost 11 million. 7,5 million of the sum was paid with private money.
Madeleine and Chris didn't want the wedding banquet inside the Palace, but placed the festivities with dancing into a giant party tent out on the Drottningholm Palace. After the wedding in the Royal Chapel the couple and guests travelled with the chartered ship from Stockholm to Drottningholm.
- The party was at Drottningholm. It makes more costs. The costly part was paid privately, said Lindman.
Carl Philip and Sofia
The wedding cost 7,4 million, of which 3,8 million was paid with private money. The remaining 3,6 million was paid by the taxpayers' money.
The ceremony was held at the Royal Chapel with dinner and night party inside the Royal Palace.
The King's 70-year celebration charged the royal budget, with additional costs. Exactly how much is not known. Two royal christenings with some extra costs are also on the way.
- You can't compare baptism to a wedding. The baptisms are significantly cheaper, says Lindman.
Så mycket kostade kungliga bröllopen _ Dina Pengar
Translation
Old 05-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Royal Highness

The cost of marrying royal: Sweden's royal weddings

SvenskDam put out this article about the cost of marrying off Carl Gustaf's children:

Så mycket kostade kungabarnens bröllop | Svensk Damtidning

I knew Victoria and Daniel had a lot going on for their wedding festivities (pre-dinner, pre-wedding concert, royal barge, military flyover, troubadours at their reception), 20 million is steep, even with the royal house paying in part. Madeleine and Carl Phillip's weddings didn't crack the 10 million mark, but the Prince Couple's wedding taking a loss can't be comforting for the royal bookkeepers.

I'm curious to see how the public feels about this. Will taxpayers overall believe this is too much for basically a personal event put on a grand, public scale? Will republicans, elected and non elected, feel this is another argument for abolishing the monarchy? Oscar's christening is next week: then in June, Silvia's 40th anniversary as queen; July, Victoria Day; August, or some day in the summer, Alexander's christening. Will there be efforts by the palace to scale things back a bit? (It may be too late with Oscar's baptism.) Or will the argument will be such events boosts national pride (and the local economy)?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

One would hope that an event such as Prince Oscar's and Prince Alexander's christenings would boost national pride. Not every nation is a monarchy.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have already earlier posted an article about the costs of the weddings here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1888228

The sums are different there. And I don't find the cost of Victoria's wedding big at all. There was a dinner for 200 guests at the Drottningholm Palace on 17th June and the wedding celebrations on 19th June. Plus the security and transport of the guests also to the City of Stockholm's lunch at the Sturehof Castle, to government's dinner and parliament's gala concert on 18th June. There was over 1100 guests at the church and 558 guests at the wedding dinner.
At Madeleine's wedding there was about 500 guests at the church and 400 at the dinner. At Carl Philip's wedding there was about 550 guests at the church and 370 at the wedding dinner.
The court rented 85 Volvos for Victoria's and Daniel's wedding to transport the guests. 60 Volvos for Madeleine's wedding and 35 Volvos for Carl Philip's wedding.
At Victoria's wedding the cortege was 6,8 km long, at Madeleine's 2 km and Carl Philip's 3,5 km. At Victoria's wedding 20 military bands were performing at the cortege route. At Madeleine's three military bands and Carl Philip's five.
At Victoria's wedding there were 1960 accredited journalists, at Madeleine's 450 and Carl Philip's 250.

As for the costs of the future events, the treasurer of the court Jan Lindman has said that the baptisms are a lot cheaper than weddings. So far there is no info about how the 40th wedding anniversary of the king and queen and queen Silvia 40 years as a queen is celebrated. Alexander's baptism is cheaper and smaller than Oscar's. Victoria's birthday doesn't make costs except extra security - people come to greet Victoria at the Solliden Park and people pay their tickets to Victoriadagen concert. There aren't any guests invited by the court at the "normal" birthdays. We will see how it is next year on Victoria's 40th birthday.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

@Lady Finn - I'm surprised at the discrepancy of the figures in the two articles. Which one is more accurate? And CP's wedding cost the cheapest? Well, Victoria's reception look like a grand ball; Madeleine had a tented reception, CP had a DJ. Wedding costs usually go to food, drink and entertainment.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Obviously Sofia's coat of arms isn't ready yet. Svensk Damtidning has an article about prince Oscar's coat of arms, and it says that now Oscar's coat of arms is ready and Alexander's and Sofia's are still on the way. The king gives his acceptance to the coat of arms before it is published. The article tells also about Leonore's and Estelle's coat of arms and that they are oval to show that it is woman's coat of arms. At the article Henrik Klackenberg, the chief heraldist at the National Archives, tells that because Daniel and Sofia are not from Bernadotte dynasty, totally new inescutcheons have/had to be created to the coat of arms. Prince Daniel was very dedicated in planning of his coat of arms and it has a connection to coat of arms of Ockelbo Municipality.
- We chose some elements from Ockelbo's coat of arms to create the inescutcheon at prince Daniel's coat of arms, says Klackenberg and continues that it might be so also at princess Sofia's coat of arms.
- The Royal family is committed and we show our suggestions to them and they give their comments.