The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness

Like last year, I tried to calculate how many days the Royal Family members worked on publicly announced/shared events during 2018. I also looked at their official international trips abroad (19 different countries visited this year). I am not sure if anyone is interested but I thought I would share here just incase it peaks anyone's interest.

Swedish Royal Family: 2018 Work in Review — Swedish Royal Fashion

LadyFinn- I went through all the Social Media Accounts I could find to try and get all of Daniel's events because I agree with you that it is shame the court doesn't share more about his work with Prins Daniel Fellowship and GenPep.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Like last year, I tried to calculate how many days the Royal Family members worked on publicly announced/shared events during 2018. I also looked at their official international trips abroad (19 different countries visited this year). I am not sure if anyone is interested but I thought I would share here just incase it peaks anyone's interest.

Thank you for your tally. Interesting to know that you also do a tally for the Danish Royals.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post

LadyFinn- I went through all the Social Media Accounts I could find to try and get all of Daniel's events because I agree with you that it is shame the court doesn't share more about his work with Prins Daniel Fellowship and GenPep.

The court publish NOT all official events of the royal family!
Old 12-29-2018, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
The court publish NOT all official events of the royal family!
That is exactly what I attempted to highlight in my post, we only see a portion of the work they do. And these numbers are much more impressive when you view them thinking about that, the amount of work they publish is only half the work that they really do. (Also gives me a bigger appreciation for the press office/personal secretaries- it is amazing that any of them sleep!)
Old 12-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Calculating the days the royals work doesn't tell everything about how much the royals work. King Carl Gustaf has sometimes six, maybe even seven work events in a day, making long days. When he gives audiences to four ambassadors, each audience lasts about 20 minutes with a break between them. When someone else can have a meeting at the Royal Palace that lasts 30 minutes. But they both worked one day.
And if you compare Daniel and Carl Philip: if you look at the court calendar (which isn't good at all), Daniel has this year had 17 work days, in which he has had more than one work event, Carl Philip has 5 days. The difference in their work load is much bigger than what you get if you calculate only work days. Besides, Daniel has had 6 visits with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial programme. They visit two schools/universities and the days last 6-7 hours + travelling.
And the court doesn't make the calculation easy, because at the calendar they list for instance to the state visits only the king and queen attending, although then at the articles they may mention, that the others attended too.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Stoppa pressarna wrote yesterday, that the king and queen will spend the New Year in Miami with Madeleine and family. Stoppa pressarna wrote that they left today in the morning with a SAS plane. The magazine also speculated that there have been rumours that Carl Philip and Sofia and Victoria and Daniel would also go to Miami but they hadn't got confirmed information about this.
Kungens nyårsbomb_ firar i Miami _ Stoppa Pressarna

Seems strange when Margareta Thorgren said that Madeleine and family would spend some weeks in Stockholm. They only arrived on 17th December.
The saga continues. They cannot get their story straight...
Old 12-29-2018, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Calculating the days the royals work doesn't tell everything about how much the royals work. King Carl Gustaf has sometimes six, maybe even seven work events in a day, making long days. When he gives audiences to four ambassadors, each audience lasts about 20 minutes with a break between them. When someone else can have a meeting at the Royal Palace that lasts 30 minutes. But they both worked one day.
And if you compare Daniel and Carl Philip: if you look at the court calendar (which isn't good at all), Daniel has this year had 17 work days, in which he has had more than one work event, Carl Philip has 5 days. The difference in their work load is much bigger than what you get if you calculate only work days. Besides, Daniel has had 6 visits with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial programme. They visit two schools/universities and the days last 6-7 hours + travelling.
And the court doesn't make the calculation easy, because at the calendar they list for instance to the state visits only the king and queen attending, although then at the articles they may mention, that the others attended too.
Oh I completely agree- it doesn't tell the whole story, which is something I wrote multiple times in the post. However, there is not anyone following every member around with a stopwatch to track how long each event takes so the next best thing that I have found to do is to calculate the days.

The Court Calendar does not make it easy, which is why I used the calendar, court articles, photos, social media, and press releases from various organizations to calculate the days. This was not done to say "___ worked only ___ much" or "___ works more than ___". Rather it was done because I was curious about the trends from year to year (which there are some, each member has an average number of days they work each month, normally they only vary 1-2 days from that average), and since I did the work, I thought others might be interested.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The saga continues. They cannot get their story straight...
I thought Victoria, Daniel, and the kids were going skiing in Norway?

And I did expect Madeleine, Chris, and the kids to spend more than two weeks in Sweden.

Sometimes I feel that Margareta Thorgren is terrible at her job I wonder if it's because I only read the Google translation of what she says. She never quite knows what's going on and why.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
I thought Victoria, Daniel, and the kids were going skiing in Norway?
The article about spending New Year in Miami was published before Stoppa pressarna published the news about the crown princess family spending New Year in Trysil.

The royal court published at its Facebook this evening a video of photos
The Royal Family 2018
A brief look back to the Royal Family's 2018.
Happy New Year!
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=2&theater
Old 01-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

"The Year of the Royal Family" SVT

"The Year of the Royal Family":
https://www.svtplay.se/video/2038410...en-avsnitt-1-1
Old 01-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

There are posts about the program here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2184238

On previous years we have been discussing about the program at the thread "Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)", but that thread has been closed for some weeks now.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

But Norway's "The Year with the Royal Family" program has its own segment. I had not seen it yet, and I created this thread because I did not know where to put the link.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

From Expressen

Therefore, Chris O'Neill is not included in SVT's royal program
"The year with the royal family" has become a tradition in SVT. Every year since 1977, the television program with highlights from the royal year is shown. In exclusive interviews, the royal family members tell about the past year and give a unique insight into their lives.
So even this year. The King and Silvia, as well as Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine with their respective families. Almost.
Madeleine's husband Chris O'Neill is in principle not visible in this year's program.
- Mr Christopher O'Neill is a private person. There has been no interview planned with Christopher O'Neill in SVT's "The Year with the Royal Family" 2018, says Johan Tegel, information officer at the court.
Only when pictures of Princess Adrienne's baptism are shown Chris O'Neill is seen.
But there the pictures of Chris O'Neill end in the program. Instead, viewers get to follow Madeleine and Leonore to Gröna lund and Carl Philip, Sofia and Alexander to Nynäs nature reserve. In addition, the Crown Princess family is seen in several different constellations in different places.
The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren, means that the lack of Chris O'Neill depends, among other things, on the princess family's move to Florida.
- The court always hopes that SVT will show the king and his family's official mission. This year, Chris hasn't participated in any major separate official programs. The Princess family has also moved to the US during the autumn and announced in the summer that they don't participate in any official programs for some time, says Thorgren.
Otherwise, Thorgren refers to SVT.
Sara Bull, producer for "The year with the royal family" says it wasn't really an opportunity to film Chris O'Neill more.
- It hasn't really been an opportunity this year. It has become a little different over the years, the program looks different every year. It is a fairly large family nowadays, and this year it has not become an opportunity to film Chris O'Neill. But we'll see, maybe next year.
Sara Bull has produced the program eight times and says that the work with the program has changed as the royal family has become larger.
- It will be tougher to choose and leave out of course, but it will also be more fun. It will be a bigger challenge simply because there is so much you want to fit in with the program. The members of the royal family have different focus areas and I think it makes it a richer program, more varied and exciting for the viewers.
Därför är Chis O'Neill inte med i Året med Kungafamiljen
Old 01-04-2019, 12:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

A new photo agency focusing on royals - Swedish Press Agency - was launched on 1st January. Photographer Pelle T Nilsson, who takes great photos, is one of the photographers at the Agency.
https://www.instagram.com/swedishpressagency/
Swedish Press Agency

Video from the Sweden dinner on 22nd September 2017, from Youtube of the Royal Palaces.

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Carl Philip, Sofia and their children have been/are in Florida.
Yesterday they were at a polo match in Wellington, about an hour drive from Miami.
Silvia & Sofia von Schweden_ Urlaub bei Madeleine! In Florida lassen sie die Seele baumeln _ BUNTE.de

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsZHQrgD...ource=ig_embed
Old 01-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice to see them all in Florida together, I presume they were visiting Madeleine and her family?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

With the members of the royal family at the polo match were the king and queen's friends Antonia Ax:son Johnson and her husband Göran Ennerfelt.
Se bilderna från kungafamiljens härliga Floridasemester _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 02-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Royal Highness

I heard in the news, that the crown jewels are found... Is there informations somewhere in the Forum about the theft? I am surprised, that I didn't hear about this in the previous year.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
I heard in the news, that the crown jewels are found... Is there informations somewhere in the Forum about the theft? I am surprised, that I didn't hear about this in the previous year.
Here you go. I posted about the conviction a few hours ago
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums....php?p=2199035
Here's an article about the theft from Euronews
https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/05/...n-crown-jewels
Old 02-23-2019, 02:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Here you go. I posted about the conviction a few hours ago
Crowns and Royal Regalia - Page 8 - The Royal Forums
Here's an article about the theft from Euronews
https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/05/...n-crown-jewels
Thank you!
Old 03-08-2019, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen published today their annual The Women of the Year list. The list has 100 women.
The Woman of the Year 2019 is Greta Thunberg, 16, a Swedish political activist working to stop global warming and climate change

Three of the royal family's women are on the list:
4. Crown princess Victoria (Victoria was chosen as The Woman of the Year in 2011)
23. Queen Silvia
35. Princess Sofia
Årets kvinnor 2019 – se hela Expressens lista med 100 namn