The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I agree that Leonora should have had a little more special hairdo. Most flower girls have flowers in their hair in the uk and the us. Maybe it isn’t the culture to do the same in Sweden.

How far from Stockholm is this summer place?
It's about an hour drive from Stockholm.

Prinsessa Madeleine toimi morsiusneitona näyttävissä seurapiirihäissä – koko kuningasperhe pelmahti paikalle_ prinsessa Sofia varasti huomion - Viihde - Ilta-Sanomat

Here is a good gallery of photos, among them these
A smiling king (and a man behind him with orders too, so it was not only the royal family men who wore orders)
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2...-osterberg.jpg
Victoria
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2...-osterberg.jpg
Gallery
15 härligaste bilderna från bröllopet alla pratar om! _ Svensk Damtidning

And here are two men with orders
https://s22.postimg.cc/psz4apuy9/AA10.jpg
https://s22.postimg.cc/l7302dh4x/AA11.jpg

Old 06-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Administrator

The dailymail has an article about the wedding:

** dailymail: Princess Madeleine serves as a bridesmaid as Sweden's royals turn out in force for her friend's wedding..**

Old 06-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Love the picture of Victoria and Sofia together. And the one of the King smiling!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Frelinghighness;2118752]I agree that Leonora should have had a little more special hairdo. Most flower girls have flowers in their hair in the uk and the us. Maybe it isn’t the culture to do the same in Sweden.
[\QUOTE]

I don’t think flowers in the hair are a Swedish tradition but a ribbon, curls, braids would have been nice.
She looks a bit savage to me . I wouldn’t want my kid to go to a wedding like this, nothing to do with being royal or not.
Also another bridal girl had nice white ribbon socks on, Leonore just wears open shoes.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The King and Princes looked like they were dressed for a State Banquet is that dresscode normal for Weddings in Sweden?
Old 06-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The King and Princes looked like they were dressed for a State Banquet is that dresscode normal for Weddings in Sweden?
Like I wrote at the previous page, almost all weddings of Victoria and Daniel's friends have been white tie events (they have been the weddings of people who have been Victoria's friends first). And like JR76 wrote at the previous page, white tie dress code is often used at upper class weddings. And if the invitation said White tie and decorations, then they wore them. At Gustaf Magnuson's wedding the royal men wore also orders. At Joen Bonnier and Jessica Crawley's wedding both Victoria and Daniel wore orders. Queen Silvia has even worn a tiara at a wedding in 1970's at a wedding of count Gustaf Trolle-Bonde.
And the wedding of Jonas Bergström and Stephanie af Klercker was a white tie event with decorations, and the bride's mother wore a small tiara, although no members of the royal family attended.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=SwissRoyal;2118834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I agree that Leonora should have had a little more special hairdo. Most flower girls have flowers in their hair in the uk and the us. Maybe it isn’t the culture to do the same in Sweden.
[\QUOTE]

I don’t think flowers in the hair are a Swedish tradition but a ribbon, curls, braids would have been nice.
She looks a bit savage to me . I wouldn’t want my kid to go to a wedding like this, nothing to do with being royal or not.
Also another bridal girl had nice white ribbon socks on, Leonore just wears open shoes.
I have the feeling that if Leonor doesn't want to wear ribbons nothing can make her do it. Could've been one of those days where Madeleine was grateful that she got her daughter to put on underwear. Lol

Regarding flowers, ribbons etc for the flower girls I'd say that it's completely up to the bride to chose. In general I'd say flower girls themselves are quite uncommon at Swedish weddings. I've never seen anyone irl and as a gay man in my 40s I've spent many a weekends watching girlfriends get married.

Flower wretches are a common feature during the Swedish summer peaking during Midsummer's Eve so it's definitely a familiar sight in Sweden and many Swedes knows how to make one.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Louise Gottlieb and her new husband, I hope they have many happy years together.
It was sweet to see that Leonore was a flower girl. Was Nicolas a page boy of some sort? I was wondering why he was attending given that neither Victoria or Carl Philip's children were present.
It sounds like it was a lovely ceremony.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Congratulations to Louise Gottlieb and her new husband, I hope they have many happy years together.
It was sweet to see that Leonore was a flower girl. Was Nicolas a page boy of some sort? I was wondering why he was attending given that neither Victoria or Carl Philip's children were present.
It sounds like it was a lovely ceremony.
Probably because the bride is in the first place Madeleine's best friend and his sister was in the bridal party and his other sister was at the venue as well.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yeah, I gathered that Madeleine was a bridesmaid because of her close friendship with Louise. Since there were no other children present I was just curious.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-04-2018, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
A relative of Hans the Geer af Finspang, husband of the King's niece, Kristina Silfverschiöld (daughter of Princess Desiree)?
No, they are not related.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen writes about the Royal family's "secret" room - they have their own waiting room at the Stockholm Central Station. Expressen quotes the article in Aftonbladet, which can be read only by those who pay of it.

Through a discreet side entrance at Stockholm Central Station, the royals enter the room closed from the public. Only one royal crown over the door signals that the Royal family's waiting room is behind it.
The waiting room (Väntsalen) was built in 1871 and is adorned by paintings of the royal palaces Gripsholm, Haga and Drottningholm. There are crystal chandeliers from NK and the couches are designed by Carl Malmsten. The king and queen have their own waiting rooms - the queen's is slightly smaller - and both an own toilet.
A special door out takes the royals from the room directly to the train.
Nowadays, the royal family rarely chooses trains as a means of transport. The special royal train carriage from 1931 was used at the latest in May 2011 when Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel made their first official visit to Ockelbo, writes Aftonbladet.
Jernhusen operates Stockholm Central Station and are now auctioning a visit for a group of 20 people in the secret waiting room for the benefit of Musichjälpen. This year's fundraising is organized for organizations working against children who are victims of sex trafficking.
Kungafamiljens hemliga väntsal på Stockholms centralstation _ Kungligt _ Expressen
And Svensk Damtidning had recently an article about this room, in fact rooms, the queen has an own private salon there.
It has not been used regularly since Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine were small, and the royal family went to Storlien on Sports and Easter holidays.
- When Victoria visited the Central Station in another matter a few years ago, she remembered and said "oh, here I have been when I was little!", Kristina Homqvist says.
- It seemed to be a positive memory for her, and of course the royal family and their guests are welcome here whenever they wish. That would be fun!
Följ med bakom kulisserna i Kungliga väntsalen på Centralstationen _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And Svensk Damtidning had recently an article about this room, in fact rooms, the queen has an own private salon there.
It has not been used regularly since Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine were small, and the royal family went to Storlien on Sports and Easter holidays.
- When Victoria visited the Central Station in another matter a few years ago, she remembered and said "oh, here I have been when I was little!", Kristina Homqvist says.
- It seemed to be a positive memory for her, and of course the royal family and their guests are welcome here whenever they wish. That would be fun!
Följ med bakom kulisserna i Kungliga väntsalen på Centralstationen _ Svensk Damtidning
There used to be a royal waiting room at the Central Station in Malmö but that was, with royal permission, turned into a restaurant during the massive renovations that took place a few years ago.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning's articles about the wedding of Louise Gottlieb and Gustav Thott. SD writes that the meeting between Carl Philip and Sofia and Emma Pernald and Tomas Jonson could have been strained, but Emma and Tomas solved the situation by just passing Carl Philip and Emma without greeting. And Jonas Bergström was as diplomatic, no one saw him and Chris talking with eachother during the wedding, it seems that they are avoiding eachother.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 06-17-2018, 03:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Svensk Damtidning's articles about the wedding of Louise Gottlieb and Gustav Thott. SD writes that the meeting between Carl Philip and Sofia and Emma Pernald and Tomas Jonson could have been strained, but Emma and Tomas solved the situation by just passing Carl Philip and Emma without greeting. And Jonas Bergström was as diplomatic, no one saw him and Chris talking with eachother during the wedding, it seems that they are avoiding eachother.
Sorry this to say, but I find it very insensitive, that Louise invited all these people for her wedding. I can't understand how she can be friend to Jonas Bergström and his wife after all... For me it is very questionable, how honest these friendhips are in reality...
Old 06-17-2018, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Sorry this to say, but I find it very insensitive, that Louise invited all these people for her wedding. I can't understand how she can be friend to Jonas Bergström and his wife after all... For me it is very questionable, how honest these friendhips are in reality...
Should Louise and Gustav not invite their friends Jonas and Stephanie, Emma and Tomas to their wedding, because Madeleine and Carl Philip were there too?
No one of us knows everything what happened between Madeleine and Jonas. But very likely Louise does, as she was then Madeleine's best friend. And still she has remained as a friend of Jonas and Stephanie Bergström. And Louise is still Madeleine's best friend.
Stephanie has been one of Louise's best friends for a very long time, they were both at the circle of Madeleine's best friends. Madeleine and Jonas broke off in April 2010. According to swedish press, Stephanie and Jonas became a couple in February 2011. Why it bothers Madeleine that Stephanie and Jonas became a couple, they started dating after so much time had gone from Jonas and Madeleine breaking their engagement. Madeleine had started dating Chris already way earlier than Jonas and Stephanie started dating. Madeleine can be angry to Jonas, but she has no reason to be angry to Stephanie.
Jonas Bergström is one of Gustav Thott's best friends, has been for a long time. And since Louise and Gustav dated from 2006 to 2013, Jonas is a friend of Louise too. When Louise and Gustav broke off, Louise started dating Ludvig Blomqvist, Stephanie's ex... If Stephanie hasn't done anything bad to Louise, I can't see why Louise and Stephanie can't be friends. Same with Jonas and Gustav. Adults accept that everyone makes mistakes, even their friends. Both Louise and Gustav attended at Jonas and Stephanie's wedding.
Emma Pernald and Louise are old friends, so of course Louise and Gustav invited Emma and Tomas to their wedding.

In Madeleine's circle of friends, it is not unusual at all that after breaking off people start dating their friends. Jan Dinkelspiel dated Madeleine's friend Caroline Leksell. After they broke off, Jan started dating Madeleine's friend Ellen Stendahl, they got married in August 2009. In December 2012 Madeleine and Chris attended at the wedding of Caroline Leksell and Graham Cooke. Louise Gottlieb was a bridesmaid at the wedding and Jonas and Stephanie attended too.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

The royal court tells at their Instagram, that the Royal couple and the Crown princess couple celebrate today their wedding anniversaries.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkNSmFFH...-by=kungahuset
Old 08-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Historian Herman Lindqvist writes at his chronicle

Herman Lindqvist: "Victoria has to wait for the throne"
Victoria is by far the most popular person in the Swedish royal family. Everey year, therefore, more and more people ask: When Victoria will take over? When does she become the regent? The answer is: She has to wait many years still, maybe 10-15 years.
The explanation is that very few Swedish regents have voluntarily abdicated, so far only queens Kristina and Ulrika Eleonora the younger. Everyone else has died in office.
King Carl XVI Gustaf is at best health and is enjoying his work and life. He follows the old family tradition. He will not abdicate. This is duty above all.
Unless King Carl Gustaf wants to break the Swedish tradition "for Sweden - with the times" Victoria will most likely have to wait a long time. The advantage is that she gets thoroughly educated in her job while her children grow bigger and more independent. Victoria has to wait for the throne.
Herman Lindqvist_ _Victoria måste vänta på tronen_ _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

The royal court published in April information about the Royal Foundations
https://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...rna_180413.pdf
Old 08-05-2018, 02:59 AM
Gentry

Don't we get the obligatory summer family picutre at Solliden this year?