Dutch State Visit to Sweden; October 11-13, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AAAAAAAAAAH I'M LOOSING IT!!! This is the mightiest tiara face off in decades!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my!!! Everybody looks absolutely smashing! What a bling parade. Thank you pkl for these fine photos.

Best dressed this evening Victoria and Sofia.
Best Tiara Silvia- she still rocks the beast!!
Both Maxima and Silvia´s dressed not so beautiful imo- And the Stuart still looks horrible big, Maxima should stop wearing the big setting.. Use the Stuart for something different..

Please could someone steal Sofia's wedding Tiara, that she must wear a different Tiara?

I think the last time Victoria wore the Amethyst Tiara was for the inauguration Dinner of King Willem Alexander in 2013?

Looking back it´s sad Silvia choose the Cameo for the Spanish state visit instead the Braganza

So Prince Daniel got again a lower order then Victoria, but then she got the highest dutch order.

Max is wearing the Stuart tiara without the Stuart diamond, and one of the large round diamond pieces that go either side of it usually set in the middle. She does love a good play around with it.

Lovely to see the Braganza again ! I had not expected that

And once again, Prince Daniel is put below his wife when it comes to orders… This time actually 2 steps below….. I really don’t like that But i guess we have to get used to it

Finally Silvia is wearing the Braganza 12 years later...

With many people in Europe going through hard times, I am not sure the time is right for so much bling, but few people pay attention to those state dinners anyway.

And once again, Prince Daniel is put below his wife when it comes to orders… This time actually 2 steps below….. I really don’t like that But i guess we have to get used to it

I see no problem with the heir being given a higher order than the one given to the heir's consort. It happened also to CP Mary during the Belgian state visit to Denmark, although not in the Dutch state visit.

Last edited:
I see no problem with the heir being given a higher order than the one given to the heir's consort. It happened also to CP Mary during the Belgian state visit to Denmark, although not in the Dutch state visit.

And in Norway the Crown Prince and Crown Princess also both have the same order. Somehow there seems no system by the dutch's in giving Orders to the heir.'s Victoriagot the highest dutch order, Daniel 2 Grades lower. In Denmark both the Crown Prince and his spouse got the highest dutch order. But why was Haakon in Norway not upgraded to the highest dutch order too?

Seems fitting Estelle was at event earlier.Tradition continues.

3 photos:

1957:11 year old Carl Gustaf in attendance during state visit of his godmother Queen Juliana.

1987:10 year old Victoria at the state visit of her godmother Queen Beatrix

2022: 10 year old Estelle with her godfather King Willem Alexander

30 years or so we may have Estelle's eldest child with then Queen Catharina Amalia as godmother.

Last edited:
There was no Stuart in this constellation. Queen Máxima opted for another large round brilliant cut centre diamond, I have the idea it is the centrepiece taken away from the Art Deco Diamond Devant-de-Corsage. On this picture it is it is used as a pendant of a collier: picture.
Yes i know, i still call it the Stuart Tiara..

The Stuart and Braganza in motion by candlelight

Wow...I've never noticed how much the Braganza sparkles! The Stuart sparkles, but it is blinded in comparison to the Braganza sparkle. I'm sure part of it is the lighting of the room and the angle of the camera, but WOW!

At first I thought that Silvia was being low-key with an evening gown with little embellishment, just beautiful fabric. But now I understand why, the Braganza is all the sparkle that is needed.

Yes i know, i still call it the Stuart Tiara..

It is the diadem from the parure with the House Diamonds. The Stuart is only one of the diamonds, to be fair.

Wow...I've never noticed how much the Braganza sparkles! The Stuart sparkles, but it is blinded in comparison to the Braganza sparkle. I'm sure part of it is the lighting of the room and the angle of the camera, but WOW!

At first I thought that Silvia was being low-key with an evening gown with little embellishment, just beautiful fabric. But now I understand why, the Braganza is all the sparkle that is needed.

The Dutch diadem has centuries old diamonds which are less faceted than the more modern cut diamonds in the Braganza but here also the angle of the camera is helpful: Máxima is seen behind a candelabra. Silvia is seen in front of a candelabra. The light from the candles close were reflected from Silvia's diamonds into the camera position near her while Máxima is furtherer away at the other side of the table.

With many people in Europe going through hard times, I am not sure the time is right for so much bling, but few people pay attention to those state dinners anyway.

True. Almost no swede apart from those who are really interested in royalty cares about this dinner…

I think for some of those who care, it may even be a nice break in the news from Russia and Ukraine

Who is sitting to the left of King Carl Gustaf?

According the Swedish Royal house Facebook, that’s the Minister of Defense of the Netherlands, Kajsa Ollongren.

royal state visit

Best dressed this evening Victoria and Sofia.
Best Tiara Silvia- she still rocks the beast!!
Both Maxima and Silvia´s dressed not so beautiful imo- And the Stuart still looks horrible big, Maxima should stop wearing the big setting.. Use the Stuart for something different..

Please could someone steal Sofia's wedding Tiara, that she must wear a different Tiara?

I think the last time Victoria wore the Amethyst Tiara was for the inauguration Dinner of King Willem Alexander in 2013?

Looking back it´s sad Silvia choose the Cameo for the Spanish state visit instead the Braganza

Whatever the royals are wearing on official banquets, there will be always criticism, personal they all look royal and regal.

According the Swedish Royal house Facebook, that’s the Minister of Defense of the Netherlands, Kajsa Ollongren.

Interesting that the Minister of Defense was chosen to sit next to the King. Maybe because of Sweden's recent application to join NATO and the latest Russian threats to Swedish security.

Interesting that the Minister of Defense was chosen to sit next to the King. Maybe because of Sweden's recent application to join NATO and the latest Russian threats to Swedish security.

Might she be the highest ranking official from the Netherlands attending?

She also has Swedish citizenship through her mother.

It's a really nice surprise to see Estelle at this state visit - and I agree, this is due to Willem-Alexander being her godfather. Really lovely to have her be positioned right next to him as well.

I watched the video of the arrival and carriage ride and while it included lots of 'pomp', it all looked rather messy to me.

So Prince Daniel got again a lower order then Victoria, but then she got the highest dutch order.

It really must be about Victoria being the heir as a female because if it had been the other way around, the would surely have received the same order. However, I am not sure it was the Dutch royal house who wanted to make this distinction - it could very well have been requested by the Swedish royal house that Daniel would be treated the same as his brother-in-law (whose wife also got the same order).

The same principle is visible with Christina and Tord, while Christina has the same order as Carl-Philip (both are siblings of the monarch or heir) her husband received only the rank of Commander (it seems).

Might she be the highest ranking official from the Netherlands attending?

She also has Swedish citizenship through her mother.

And next to queen Silvia was the minister of Foreign Affairs, Wopke Hoekstra. He is a higher ranking official - as he is also the 'first' vice prime minister.

It's a really nice surprise to see Estelle at this state visit - and I agree, this is due to Willem-Alexander being her godfather. Really lovely to have her be positioned right next to him as well.

I watched the video of the arrival and carriage ride and while it included lots of 'pomp', it all looked rather messy to me.

The presence of the press taking pictures and the crowd of Dutch nationals greeting the royals contributed to the "messy" feeling.

The presence of the press taking pictures and the crowd of Dutch nationals greeting the royals contributed to the "messy" feeling.

Probably - but also the carriage ride itself didn't seem as precisely executed (probably because of the relatively high speed) - and the carpet was also weirdly placed and didn't really serve a purpose as the carriages stopped elsewhere (although the queens stood at the end of it for a little while).

She descents of Swedish nobility actually,swedish is her 2nd mother language.

It indeed is the high- and wellborn jonkvrouw Karin Hildur ("Kajsa") Ollongren, Minister of Defense, whom holds both the Dutch as well Swedish nationality.

In 1625 the Ollongren family (a Finnish family, but Finland was part of Sweden) was admitted into the Swedish Riddarhuset (House of Nobility).

The Ollongrens with a Dutch nationality requested incorporation into the Nobility of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, based on their existing Nobility in Sweden. This request was succesful and in 2002 they were incorporated with the predicate jonkheer (jonkvrouw), which is the predicate for untitled nobility. The formal form of address is hoogwelgeboren heer (vrouwe).

Last edited:

That was a highlight to see Princess Estelle at the Reception.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom