20th Anniversary of the UN Child Convention in Stockholm: November 19-20, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ccile

Serene Highness
City
paris
Country
France
Next 19th and 20th of november, the swedish royal family (especially the ladies) is going to participate in several events for the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the child convention that was signed in New York in 1989.

The crown princess Mary of denmark will be attended those events in Stockholm with the queen Silvia, the princess Victoria and the princess Madeleine. Perhaps others crown princesses or princesses will attend as well (I've not checked all official websites).

Here's the program of this 2 day- celebrations.

Thursday 19th november

* Seminar on the occasion of the Child Convention 20 years, the royal palace - the Queen, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Madeleine and crown princess Mary

* Concert for the 20th anniversary of the child convention: The swedish royal family and royal guests (crown princess Mary for sure)

Friday 20th november

* Government conference on the occasion of the Child Convention 20 years, Frösundavik - Queen, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Madeleine and crown princess Mary

* Attendance at the Network of CRC Hearing, The Parliament - the Queen, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Madeleine and the crown princess Mary

Please, if you have more information, don't hesitate to share here:flowers:

It's going to be a great event!!!!!

thank a lot for the information how did you find that princess mary will attend the danich royal calendar did not mention the information

I am anxious to see the postings for this event, and glad to see CP Mary plans to attend, as well! What an extremely worthy cause for all involved.

thank a lot for the information how did you find that princess mary will attend the danich royal calendar did not mention the information

It is on the calender now, it has been officially released today.
Apparentley not only CP Mary will be attending but also Queen Paola and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, anyone can confirm?
It will be a great event seeing the royals together.

Last edited:
yes thank 's for the update nice to see mary with victoria and madeleine hoping to see letizia as well

Apparentley not only CP Mary will be attending but also Queen Paola and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, anyone can confirm?

Confirmation for Crown Princess Mette Marit
19.11.2009 The Rights of the Child
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess attends the 20th anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (19 - 20 November).

Confirmation for Queen Paola of Belgium
19/11/2009 La Reine
20e anniversaire de la Déclaration des Droits de l'Enfant

Confirmation for Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Princess Claire. They will attend the events on 20/11
20/11/2009
La Princesse Mathilde, La Princesse Astrid, La Princesse Claire
20e anniversaire de la Convention Internationale des Droits de l'Enfant

All this royals will attend upon the invitation of Queen Silvia, so I supose that more royals will attend.
But no more confirmations at the moment, but the royal calendars will be updated in the next few days.

Last edited:
Mathilde, Astrid and Claire is not comming to Stockholm I think, they have an event in Belgium, Queen Betarix has one in the Netherlands

Official Press Release from the Court. (Translated by Google)

Royal Guests:
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
Queen Sofia of Spain
Queen Paola of Belgium

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxemburg
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania
Crown Princess Katherine of Yugoslavia

On the Press release they only displayed the guests that will attend the conference on 19/11

Last edited:
Opps!, Sorry then. It wouldn't be bad to open my eyes from time to time!! Also may be could be problem of dont speak french!

Anyway, I apologize for provide the wrong info!

Last edited:
According to the press release issued by the Swedish royal court today, the whole main program of the jubilee takes place in Stockholm.
The event on November 20th is a seperate one altogether, attended by the three Belgian Princesses who do not go to Stockholm.

So, 19 would be in Sweden and 20 in Belgium?

No, 19 and 20 in Sweden. The event in Belgium is seperate.

Guests at the concert will include HM King Carl XVI Gustaf, HM Queen Silvia, HRH Crown Princess Victoria, HRH Princess Madeleine, HRH (?) Princess Cristina and Consul-General Tord Magnusson, HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, HM Queen Sofia of Spain, HM Queen Paola of Belgium, HRH Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg, HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, HRH Crown Princess Margarita of Romania, HRH Crown Princess Katherine of Yugoslavia and Mme Margarida Barroso.

A photo opportunity is arranged for accredited journalists at approximately 18.50.

Press invitation: Twentieth anniversary of UN Convention on the Rights of the Child will be celebrated with royal guests – Swedish Presidency of the European Union

Mette-Marit to attend UN Children's convention in Stockholm: 19-20 november 2009

Mette-Marit to attend UN Children's convention in Stockholm: 19-20 november 2009

since it's not an event which should be attended by swedish royals i included it in the norwegian royals's thread, feel free to move.

Barnekonvensjonen 20 år
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er til stede ved markeringen av FNs Barnekonvensjons 20-årsjubileum i Stockholm (19. - 20. november).

Do we know what time the events are at/start?

:previous: Today events:
1:30 pm Semaniar on the ocassion of the 20th Anniversary of the UN Child Convention.
7:00pm Concert to mark the 20th Anniversary of the UN Child Convention.

Tomorrow Events:
9:00 am Government conference on the ocassion of the 20th Anniversary of the UN Child Convention.

2:00 pm Attendance at the Network of CRC Hearing, The Parliament.

thanks for the photos paty!! How wonderful to see so many Queens and Princesses at a table chatting!!!Please keep the photos coming!!!Especially for such an important event!:flowers::flowers:

I see that Queen Paola and Grand Duchess Maria Theresa are wearing the same top, that must have been embarrassing. Crown princess Margarita of Roumania seems to be absent (I did not see her in the pictures anyway).

Dazzking, your picture galleries don't work for me so I can't see the pics

Dazzking, your picture galleries don't work for me so I can't see the pics

Weird! post 26 links seem to work for me, I deleted the other post, something was up with the link.

PPE Agency Stockholm

Another picture album.
This is a real royal event, I love it. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom