The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 9: May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meredith said:
Just a hint of smile would be enough for the detractors to jump at her throat. No, her demeanor was perfect. Poised and elegant as always.
Sorry but i desagree. For instants, look at the Queen, she smiles and there isn't any problem! I mean, her demeanor is perfect but she smiles!
A smile (or be nice) won't destroy all her work! For Christ, is just a smile!

Q Sophie did not smile during the ceremony. Look at the photos and you'll see that she is very serious. To smile during an event like the one they attended would be completely inappropriate - hence all the royals looked very serious. The all smiled afterwards when they greeted attendants and guests and families.

The photos of Letizia not smiling was during the procession (or whatever you call it), and the Queen was not smiling either during that time as it would have been inappropriate to do so when they did. If you look at the photos again of the post-ceremony then you will see that the Princess and the Queen are already smiling. Sometimes you have to consider what is going on at that particular moment and how the others around her seem to look before you can call her grumpy and arrogant.

"A Monument to Pain

Denís, a boy of three years, approached the monument of the sculptor Martin Chirino, just installed to left of the headquarters of the Air Force, in the Madrilenian district of Argüelles, and as he looked at it, a sort of species of oxidized iron tree, his mother exclaimed: “Come, Denís, look here at your papa's name”. The boy spelled the name of his father, Miguel Sanchez Palace, one of the deceaseds in the accident of the Yak-42. His mother began to cry. That was one of the many scenes that were lived yesterday in the tribute that the kings Juan Carlos and Sofía, accompanied by the Princes de Asturias and by authorities of the Ministry of Defense and the mayor of Madrid, paid to the relatives of the 124 military died in missions of peace abroad. The names of all of them, including the one of the Bosnian translator Mirko Mikulcic, appears on the feet of aeróbolo --as it calls the escultor to the monument-- of the pain...

http://www.elperiodico.com/default....AS&idnoticia_PK=308381&idseccio_PK=8&h=060530

Last edited:
lula said:
She has face of weariness or of sadness. Yesterday in Seville was very heavy, more than 20 persons had to be attended by the doctors during the parade through the fault of the heat.
The today act was a sad act. They reminded Spanish deceased military men in missions of peace, between them those who expired in two air tragedies that were terrible, they have read all their names and their families were there. This type of acts are sad and difficult. ;)

I agree, I don't think I could attend events like these and maintain a straight face.

chuchu said:
Her demeanor at this occasion was appropriate. It was a solemn occasion and smiling or laughing would have been inappropriate if not utterly bad mannered.

I couldn't agree more chuchu! It also depends how sensitive Letizia gets by these sorts of acts. Some people are very sensitive others are not. I for one am always affected by seeing anyones sadness- regardless of whether I know them or not.;)

...sOfIa.... said:
I couldn't agree more chuchu! It also depends how sensitive Letizia gets by these sorts of acts. Some people are very sensitive others are not. I for one am always affected by seeing anyones sadness- regardless of whether I know them or not.;)

And I believe Letizia reacts the same way. I can't forget her face and her lost expression when the March 11th happened. She was the painful image of sorrow and pain.
And at the event there were scenes described by our members I think she managed it very well.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

grevinnan said:
Q Sophie did not smile during the ceremony. Look at the photos and you'll see that she is very serious. To smile during an event like the one they attended would be completely inappropriate - hence all the royals looked very serious. The all smiled afterwards when they greeted attendants and guests and families.
I'm not talking during the ceremony! I'm talking about before and after the ceremony!! And Letizia wasn't very happy that day!!
Amybe she is tired or arrogant or whatever! But she didn't smile as she usually does!
But if you cannot understand, i have nothing to do with that!

I think like Juanita. She can smile a little bit after the ceremony, but she was all the time very serious and sad. I don't know why...and also I saw her looking at the king and she seemed a little bit angry. I don't know why, but I only say what I saw.
I hope she will relax in these days.

nayralorenzo said:
I think like Juanita. She can smile a little bit after the ceremony, but she was all the time very serious and sad. I don't know why...and also I saw her looking at the king and she seemed a little bit angry. I don't know why, but I only say what I saw.
I hope she will relax in these days.
Finally, someone who understands me! Thanks, nayralorenzo! ;)

can you demosntrate me some pics of that feelings juanita? Thanks in advanced. :)

Kings and Princes of Asturias

Receipt offered to a representation of San Fernando's Royal and Military Order and to the members of the Assembly of San Hermenegildo's Royal and Military Order
Palace of The Zarzuela. Madrid

from terra

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Discussion goes more absurd, stocks in a few few ones you come out in photographs. For example, in this photo Letizia smiles while speaks with the Queen in some moment of the act.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245953&d=1148917047

Probably Letizia does not have desire of smile in a very sad act, with mothers who have lost their children, widows and orphans. With relatives of more than 60 military men who continue claiming that catches on their death in a plane crash, and that in this photo in which the Kings smile were delivering them a cd with photos of their dead relatives and asking responsibility and justice. The history of the victims of the Yak, it is sad and cruel, they died in an accident of plane, for flying in a plane in bad conditions ... the Spanish army and the Nato did not become in charge. Even the victims were identified badly, and there were relatives who buried persons who were not their relative. It is a black enough episode of the Spanish army.These families have lived through a tragedy that still has not finished. Even some soldiers cried in the act.

To my what more I surprise it of this act, it is that the Queen Sofia dressed spring and happy dress of big flowers. I believe that in any country, in this type of acts, the authorities dress of mourning or with dark tones.:confused:

Last edited:
I really don't see what the issue is?!! The act is a solome act that carries a legacy of sadness and thus it would be very inapproiate for Letizia to be seen cheerful or smiling through out.

I have always felt that among all the CPss around, Letizia is one of the few who really "studies" the engagement or event before she has to attend and thereby never putting a foot wrong - in her conversation, mannerism, body language and lastly dress sense.

Perhaps because of her career background or maybe it's her character - she carries herself with a great deal of seriousness and takes her role with tremendous responsibility and humblness. Which is an asset to her country and the RF!

I have the greatest of respect for her and applaud the way she has crafted her role as CP and as a senior representative of her country.

I share your oipinion Lula, what a stupid discussion, angry or not, grumy or not, tired or not and so on, especually in the circunstances of yesterday's act. May be the Princess was not vey happy yesterday after that she has acquainted of the "true delicious and sweet article about her underwaer " in an spanish hebdo.... WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS, WE CAN EXCUSE THE MOROSENESS OF THE PRINCESS, if it was.....

But for me it's totaly irrelevant and whithout any interest.

What the Princes are going to do today and to morrow while they are preparing their visit of the 2 nd of june at Alcala de Henares ?

Last edited:
Time for a new thread, which can be found here

Thank you all for your contributions:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom