The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 4: July - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[font=Verdana,Arial]The Kings and the Princes will offer a luncheon to the Prime minister and to the Presidents of the Autonomous Communities[/font]

Sábado, 10 de septiembre de 2005
[font=Verdana,Arial]ALMUERZO OFRECIDO AL PRESIDENTE DEL GOBIERNO Y A LOS PRESIDENTES DE LAS COMUNIDADES AUTÓNOMAS Y CIUDADES AUTÓNOMAS ASISTENTES A LA REUNIÓN DE LA CONFERENCIA DE PRESIDENTES[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
Having just seen the photos of the funerals of the Spanish soldiers I'd like to extend my sympathy towards the Spanish people. Spain is such a beautfiul country full of fantastic people, it's just horrible that it has been affected in such a way, yet again.

Moreover those images reminded me of exaclty what I like about the Spanish Monarchy, all of them are incredibly down-to-earth and display humility and understanding.

lula said:
[font=Verdana,Arial]The Kings and the Princes will offer a luncheon to the Prime minister and to the Presidents of the Autonomous Communities[/font]
http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/concluyo_ii_conferencia_presidentes_483427.htm
The Second Conference of Presidents, that reunites the head of the central Executive with all the presidents of the independent communities lasted until 3:30 p.m., after five hours and a half of meetings. After the press conferences, the president of the Government and those of the Independent Communities will go to the RoyalPalace, where the Kings of Spain, along with the Princes of Asturias, will offer them a lunch.
Initially, the program was planned to be concluded around the 1:00 p.m., so that the participants could inform the press and arrive on time at the lunch, planned to take place at 2:30 p.m..

In the first Conference, celebrated in October 2004, the debate was also extended for more than the expected and the lunch with the Kings had to be postponed for more than an hour.

Here's the menu to be served at the lunch:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/menestra_reyes_palacio_real_483406.htm

Last edited:
I have found two pics from "El Mundo":

Attachments

• ze1.jpg
    ze1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 381
  • comida.jpg
    comida.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:
From Terra:

Attachments

• ze2.jpg
    ze2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 214
From Terra

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 332
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 210
There's a video attached to this article, from Yahoo:

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050910/185/49mop.html

Most of the guests arrived at the Royal Palace at 4:30 p.m., with more than two hours of delay on the initial schedule (2:15 p.m.). In a relaxed atmosphere, the Kings and the Princes accepted the excuses offered by their guests, between jokes and laughter.

Last edited:
Images from agm

Attachments

• 102047083ks.JPG
    102047083ks.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 102046554tv.JPG
    102046554tv.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 102047255gt.JPG
    102047255gt.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 102046478gj.JPG
    102046478gj.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
how did you get these pics? I went there and nothing. :(
Isn't a good idea to have the hand over the napkin.

another pic from agm.
102047232ym.png

Last edited:
rchainho said:
how did you get these pics? I went there and nothing. :(
Isn't a good idea to have the hand over the napkin.

Why isn't it a good idea to have your hand over the napkin? Did I miss something in my Miss Manners class?

Letizia's belly is so big (and getting bigger it seems daily!), at this point her hand is either going to be on her napkin or resting on her belly! :p

The napkin should not be touched until the first course is served, hands should not be touching anything unless you are drinking.

If you look at the other photos you'll see that she's not the only one who broke the so-called rule. Of course she's always the bad person. Let's not pick on her, ok?

Felipe already had the napkin on his leg. The other ones were also touching the napkins. I don't really think there is such a rule as to not touch the napkin. She is not really playing with the napkin while talking. She has only placed her hand there. Look at the other pictures, and you will see more than one person doing the same. Regardless, I think that there is really not an important issue. I can't believe I am writing on this issue--I just had to point out others. Thanks!

What do you expect? It's Letizia. It's always her fault. She's always wrong. She never does anything right. Things happen because she exists. In some photos I saw the King did more than what Letizia did as well as some of the other guests.

I am not criticizing her. I actually think she is an extremely well bred, elegant, well mannered, educated..and above all classy kind of a lady.

I did not bring the issue up. I just merely commented on it from my own childhood experiences of formal dining.

I could really care less if she did or did not touch a napkin.

did not know this one either, sounds formal and sometimes americans do different things with their knife and fork than europeans.
Out of couriosities sake, what do you do with your napkin after you have eaten the last course?:)

Lady Marmalade said:
The napkin should not be touched until the first course is served, hands should not be touching anything unless you are drinking.

http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/pg050911/prensa/noticias/Nacional/200509/11/DMO-SUB-071.html

The food turned practically into snack

Once again - the second one-, the autonomic presidents gave graft to the Kings, who had to wait during more than two hours to taste the delicacies arranged for the luncheon, foreseen for the two and average but who almost the five were not celebrated even in the Royal Palace. The Government will have to change the agenda of the presidents' summit if it does not want to return to make a task to Their Majesties and force again to the personnel of palace to resorting to the microwave to warm the luncheon like, surely, they had to do yesterday with the stew of vegetables and the sea bass that they served the guests.
Surely that the princess Letizia must have given some snack to support the fasting and to avoid this way a hypoglycemia that, in her condition, would be the minimal thing that might happen to her of guarding the forms before the delay.
(...)

Alexandria said:
Why isn't it a good idea to have your hand over the napkin? Did I miss something in my Miss Manners class?

Letizia's belly is so big (and getting bigger it seems daily!), at this point her hand is either going to be on her napkin or resting on her belly! :p

i agree. why isn't it a good idea? and... who knows? probably she was just taking the napkin and the caption caught it in that position, but still... i can't see why the napking shouldn't be touched...

i think letizia looked wonderful in that electric blue jacket. seems pregnancy changed a bit her style, she needed that. looks lovely...

More strange discussion goes.
I believe that simply it is the photo, she would have the hand rested on the table, other retainers appear in similar positions.

In addition they all had to be the hungry ones! :p
Though I imagine that how they comment in this article they would give them something of eating because but it could pass any thing to the Princess. Two hours waiting to eat and they made it almost at 5 p.m., and before receive all the presidents, the photo and always with the smile in the face.

Letizia looks fantastic in those pictures I love the colour o that jacket.

Little_star said:
Letizia looks fantastic in those pictures I love the colour o that jacket.
So do I, but why there aren't any photos from f.e. colourpress, getty etc.?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
So do I, but why there aren't any photos from f.e. colourpress, getty etc.?

I have been looking for photos, but they do not appear for any site, it is something a bit strange. Only two things happen to me, that as yesterday it was a Saturday and today on Sunday they have not raised them to the webs of the agencies. Or that as the food was late two hours the photographers were not doing the photos, but I do not believe the above mentioned since in the images of television one saw that there were photographers.

carlota said:
i think letizia looked wonderful in that electric blue jacket. seems pregnancy changed a bit her style, she needed that. looks lovely...

I think she looks lovely in the teal jacket, too.

She is also very hip for fall, too! Teal is one of the biggest, hottest colours this season.

Color Story

Spring and summer's turquoise has mellowed into a rich teal (also called peacock or Moroccan blue). This pretty blue-green color mixes beautifully with earthy colors and flatters most complexions.

Rich browns also make this season's must-have list, accented by shots of burnt orange, moss, ginger and other naturally inspired hues.

Source: http://fashion.about.com/od/fallwinter05/a/fall05trends.htm

Letizia may not be wearing straight off the runway looks each and every time she goes out, but in her own quiet way she is a fashion plate. And in my opinon those are the best ones -- those who are subtle about their style rather than screaming and yelling about their fashion sense by wearing new clothes all the time. A clotheshorse is not the same as a being stylish and fashionable in my eyes.

Yes...just a matter of cultural differences.. :)

When one is finished all the courses, the napkin goes on the plate to be removed along with it.

susan alicia said:
did not know this one either, sounds formal and sometimes americans do different things with their knife and fork than europeans.
Out of couriosities sake, what do you do with your napkin after you have eaten the last course?:)

Lady Marmalade said:

according to straight protocol, the napkin should be put before the meal starts (just before, not half an hour before) over your legs.

ON :eek: the plate, what about all the stains on the linen??,

this is very off topic (hope the moderators will not mind :p :D )

but do americans fold the napkin after dinner or leave it in whatever postion as it drops on the table

Lady Marmalade said:
Yes...just a matter of cultural differences.. :)

When one is finished all the courses, the napkin goes on the plate to be removed along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom