The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 4: July - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From seeger (I expect not to repeat the photos, there are some of them that seem to be but are not exactly equal.)

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00145602.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145602.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 148
  • pre-SEEGER00145590.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145590.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 251
  • pre-SEEGER00145600.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145600.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 207
  • pre-SEEGER00145598.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145598.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 202
  • pre-SEEGER00145597.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145597.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 205
  • pre-SEEGER00145595.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145595.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 232
  • pre-SEEGER00145594.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145594.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 242
  • pre-SEEGER00145593.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145593.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 245
  • pre-SEEGER00145592.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145592.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 275
  • pre-SEEGER00145591.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145591.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 191
More from seeger:

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00145603.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145603.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 169
  • pre-SEEGER00145604.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145604.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 363
  • pre-SEEGER00145605.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145605.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 264
  • pre-SEEGER00145606.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145606.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 249
  • pre-SEEGER00145607.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145607.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 169
  • pre-SEEGER00145608.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145608.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 214
  • pre-SEEGER00145609.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145609.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 218
thanks lula. here an article about the funeral.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=World_News&subsection=Rest+of+the+World&month=August2005&file=World_News2005082121234.xml

King, PM join funeral for Spanish peacekeepers
Web posted at: 8/21/2005 2:12:34
Source ::: Reuters
7spa.jpg
Spain’s Princess Letizia comforting a victim’s relative during a state funeral for peacekeepers at Madrid’s army headquarters yesterday. Soldiers’ wives and parents clutched each other for support and wept as Spain’s royal family and prime minister joined them at a funeral for 17 peacekeepers killed in Afghanistan this week. The Spanish troops died in a helicopter crash on Tuesday during an exercise near the western city of Herat, in what the government suspects was an accident.
MADRID: Soldiers’ wives and parents clutched each other for support and wept as Spain’s royal family and prime minister joined them yesterday at a funeral for 17 peacekeepers killed in Afghanistan this week.

lula said:
More from seeger:

the second picture is so touching, now i know why felipe was so sweet with letizia yesterday, i guess thah even she wanted, she culdnt´be 100% calm y by the end cried

yes, in the beginning of it, she seemed to be handling it well, but, who wouldn't cry seeing it !

from what i could see on tv, it was really a moving ceremony

even if it's not very appropriate for the occasion, i think L looked just... radiant

Last edited:
the cover of a spanish newspaper LA RAZON.

Attachments

• portada.jpg
    portada.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 232
lis said:
the second picture is so touching, now i know why felipe was so sweet with letizia yesterday, i guess thah even she wanted, she culdnt´be 100% calm y by the end cried

Unfortunately in the last times they have had several acts of this type, are in the habit of being very hard occasions because they give the condolence to the families and often the relatives end up by crying in their shoulder. The Princess is in the habit of bearing enough good these situations (I imagine that in her work like journalist also she have that to be able to control when she had to give news that were not agreeable), but now she is pregnancy and it is normal that she gets excited more and it is more difficult to her to contain the emotions.

lula said:
The Princess is in the habit of bearing enough good these situations (I imagine that in her work like journalist also she have that to be able to control when she had to give news that were not agreeable), but now she is pregnancy and it is normal that she gets excited more and it is more difficult to her to contain the emotions.
It's perfectly understandable. Even Queen Sofia, who has a much greater endurance, due to all her experience, couldn't help crying as well:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=182813

Last edited:
I salute every leader that participates and supports the families when tragedies like the death of the soldiers happens. It must have been especially difficult for Letizia as pregnancies tend to provide ample of emotional rollercoster rides besides being with the families that have lost loved ones while having a new life kicking inside of her.

In the last year we have seen several royal families truly showing compassion and leadership during difficult times.

grevinnan

rchainho said:
here you have more pics from olycom. What's the name of the song that all soldiers sang to their colleagues? It's a sad song but lovely.

http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/offertaUo.do?idoff=12220

I believe that this one is the song to which you refer "La muerte no es el final" (The death it isn´t the end), the certain thing is that it is very exciting providing that they sing it:

Cuando la pena nos alcanza,
del compañero perdido.
Cuando el adiós dolorido,
busca en la fe su esperanza.
En tu palabra confiamos
con la certeza que Tú:
ya le has devuelto a la vida,
ya le has llevado a la luz.
Ya le has devuelto a la vida,

When a sorrow reaches us, of the lost companion.
When the aching good-bye, it looks in the faith for the hope.
In your word we trust with the certainty that You:
Already you have returned to him to the life, already you have taken him to the light.
Already you have returned to him to the life, already you have taken him to the light.

... the pictures posted make me cry ... My sympathies to the Spanish posters on this forum ... such a sad day for Spain!

Colourpress (no watermarks)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 196
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 225
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 154
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 165
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 187
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 191
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 191
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 232
Colourpress

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 205
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 195
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 247
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 201
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 255
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 210
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 219
From deadline:

Attachments

• DL109716_003.jpg
    DL109716_003.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 181
  • DL109716_004.jpg
    DL109716_004.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 148
  • DL109716_006.jpg
    DL109716_006.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 156
  • DL109716_001.jpg
    DL109716_001.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 192
lula said:
I believe that this one is the song to which you refer "La muerte no es el final" (The death it isn´t the end), the certain thing is that it is very exciting providing that they sing it:

Cuando la pena nos alcanza,
del compañero perdido.
Cuando el adiós dolorido,
busca en la fe su esperanza.
En tu palabra confiamos
con la certeza que Tú:
ya le has devuelto a la vida,
Ya le has devuelto a la vida,

When a sorrow reaches us, of the lost companion.
When the aching good-bye, it looks in the faith for the hope.
In your word we trust with the certainty that You:

Here is the song "LA MUERTE NO ES EL FINAL"
Link: http://www.himnonacional.org/muerte.html

More from Getty

Attachments

• 53443352.jpg
    53443352.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 170
Whatever the King does, even during his vacation or his own personal time, is a matter of national news because the Spanish people basically pay for all this, right? It would be different if the King would make his own money and spend it wherever he wanted and when he wanted it. It is not that some people don't like the King, it is that some of them are just fed up about the excessive amount of money spent by the Royal family. I think it is understandable. Just an opinion. No harm intended.

Roxsteve said:
Whatever the King does, even during his vacation or his own personal time, is a matter of national news because the Spanish people basically pay for all this, right? It would be different if the King would make his own money and spend it wherever he wanted and when he wanted it. It is not that some people don't like the King, it is that some of them are just fed up about the excessive amount of money spent by the Royal family. I think it is understandable. Just an opinion. No harm intended.

This is not completely true. While the Spanish people pay for the King and the Queen and the Prince and Princess of Asturias through their taxes, part of the King and Queen's wealth is privately earned and exclusively their money. They come from inheritances, and I am not certain in the case of the Spanish royals, but in the case of the Swedish King for example, businesses the Swedish King is part of and stocks he owns.

The King (as well as the Queen) might have valuable property that has been passed down to them or given to them exclusively as private individuals rather than as public individuals. Queen Elizabeth owns many pieces of art work that are exclusively hers as a mere citizen and are not the property of Great Britain. (Just as Queen Sofia's brother is trying to get back his property in Greece which is his by inheritance rather than having belonged to Greece.)

Felipe no doubt has inherited some money from his paternal and maternal grandparents, and Letizia likely entered the marriage with some money earned from her previous job.

And as much as the King and the Queen, Felipe and Letizia are being paid for by the Spanish people, they also work very hard for such a life. It's just like anyone else who works -- I am paid by a corporation for my job but they do not own me. The royal family is of course under slightly different circumstances than me, but it's still the same idea.

And the Spanish royal family is in fact very frugal in their spending. They do not have the budget of say the Danish, Dutch or Swedish monarchies and live within a much scaled down budget. Zarzuela Palace was chosen by the King and Queen at the beginning of their reign because of its origins as a hunting lodge and its modesty rather than a grand palace for their daily use.

I believe that only Felipe and Letizia's wedding was paid for by the Spanish people (through taxes). Both of the King's daughters' weddings were paid for by him through his own money.

Last edited:
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/articulos.asp?idarticulo=37145

IN THE ARANJUEZ PALACE

Exhibition of the suits of apparatus of the Kings, Princes and Infantas
pixeltransp.gif

The Palace of Aranjuez, that in the heat of is remodeling of its exhibition halls, will soon show to the suits of the Kings and the Princes in the most solemn acts.

4 of September of 2005. The Palace of Aranjuez, situated in one of the radiating real sites, has predicted to inaugurate during this last trimester of the year the remodeling of the exhibition halls where account of the life of "the life in the Court" throughout history occurs. In these new spaces it will be able to be contemplated, among other pieces, good part of the suits of the present Kings, Princes of Asturias and Infants in the solemn acts like the S.M. proclamation the King Don Juan Carlos I in Spanish Cortes or the solemn mass celebrated in the Real Monastery of the Hieronymites with the attendance of important foreign delegations.

Perhaps this is the reason of why the dress of fiancèe from Doña Leticia to the National Museum of Traje was not lent, that asked for it to exhibit it in the occasion of the first anniversary of the its wedding. It was adduced that it was going to expose itself in the new rooms of the palace of Aranjuez next to other suits of the real family. Something very to be sorry since the presence of the suit of Pertegaz before the great public of Madrid, had been a good occasion to admire the work of modisto Aragonese, that chose a peculiar corola decollete to adorn the neck of the future princess of Asturias, to the time that would somehow have approached the figure of Doña Leticia the great public.

In the palace of Aranjuez some real suits shine as the mantle of velvet and ermine of queen Victoria Eugenia next to others of the queen Maria of the Mercedes, as well as the uniform military of Alfonso XIII. Although the palace is not in himself a museum of the suit, since the reigns are articulated with diverse pieces of furniture or objects of the different monarchs, the clothes also occupy an important place and they will be it still more in the new remodeling.

Although National Patrimony still does not reveal the articles of the present kings who go away to exhibit, all suppose that they will be present the suit of wedding of the queen Doña Sofía, made by Jean Desais, modisto French of Greek origin and the one of the proclamation, a long suit fucsia design of Valentino - that pleases of this designer -, made by the sisters Mill in Madrid. The queen wanted, after the mourning after the death of Franc, to take a glad color like the cape of a bullfigther, according to account the book of Pounding Urban.

Also the suits of fiancèe of the Infants made by Petro Valverde for Infant Elena and by Lorenzo Caprile for Infant Cristina could be seen. The veil of this last one was lent by the Museum of Traje, since it was a beautiful mantle of cut embroider that had belonged to its great-grandmother queen Maria Cristina of Austria, that was auctioned by some of the heirs in Switzerland and acquired by the Spanish ministry of Culture.

National patrimony account in its bottoms, in addition to with magnificent suits of the real family, with splendid flat textiles, like the magnificent silks of the XVII and XVIII in the Small house of the Prince of the Dump or the Small house of the Farmer in Aranjuez.​

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/articulos.asp?idarticulo=37319

The Queen, Mrs Letizia and the Infants Elena and Cristina, four styles

It is not that the Spanish Real Family do large boastings of elegance, but neither of extravagance. The Infant Elena was in the parade of Schlesser and the queen, impeccable, in Rome.

7 of September of 2005. The dukes of Lugo seem to be the members of the most interested Real Family by the fashion. To the Infant Elena has been seen it the first day of the runway Cibeles in the parade of Angel Schlesser, dress of pants and clear jacket with a bright one ramaje, to play with sandals and bag.
Their husband, Jaime of Marichalar, he has fashionable attentive fame to be a man and in some occasions, as two summers ago in Majorca, her curious pants stamped gave a lot that to speak. Also their private fondness is commented al fan, now that has itself placed fashionable among the men.

The elegance Delacroix of the Infant Elena

It is known that since married, the Infant Elena has earned in presence and elegance. Their it combed with a beautiful tress personality gives him and their suits of the French couturier Delacroix, their preferred, they stand out it from time to time of gala, as in the wedding of the Prince of Asturias, with a Goyaesque suit. Delacroix is a creator that is inspired frequently in the Spanish art. In the to dress of average gala he has carried designs of Felipe Varela, the of Madrid couturier that dressed the sisters Ortiz for the wedding of Letizia.
Yesterday the elegance of the queen during the encounter with the Pope was commented Benedicto XVI in Rome. Although the audience was private, Mrs Sofía responded with a beautiful white suit, the color al that has the right a Spanish queen in the public audiences with the Pontífice. Of complements: a beautiful accounts receivable of white hand to play with the shoes and a necklace because of flowers.
The Infant Cristina has not outlined a style in the to dress that he define it. Before the embarrassment of its daughter Irene had stylized its figure and the clothes sat down him very well. Surely very quick will recover its figure and will reconsider its estilismo.

Mrs Letizia, still by defining

Something it seemed happens with Mrs Letizia that, before the amazement of some critics, included an unrepeatable wardrobe in the previous acts to its embarrassment, but without achieving a flavor or definite image. After the birth perhaps reconsider its form to dress, that today for the present lacks definition. "A wife of the American president should not continue the fashion but to go for in front of her", he notified his designer to Jacqueline Kennedy.
He is important that the members of the royalty be elegant and, although the fashion is liberty, they count of some way with the Spanish designers because his privileged position requires it. They are image of the country. Thus it is done in France, place of the fashion by excellence.
Nothing would be more pathetic than a member of the Real Family fall like fashion victim, al style of Rania of Jordan, to whom certain splits from her town the flame "the queen of the bags" because herself does not alight to carry one different each day in the hand. Its style will be decisive image of the country al that belong.

that's so true. i would autlify the queen's style as elegant and according to her role, impeccable always, letizia's as businesswoman-like and independent - as well protocolary correct and suitable for her role- although sometimes repetitive, elena's would be quite similar to the queen's but adding some touch of chicness and less tradicionalism and cristina's is for me a really casual and down to earth style. how would you define them?

I believe that only Felipe and Letizia's wedding was paid for by the Spanish people (through taxes). Both of the King's daughters' weddings were paid for by him through his own money.

it actually was said that the wedding would be paid by the king's own budget. however, as it was quite expensive i highly doubt all the money came from him.

The King (as well as the Queen) might have valuable property that has been passed down to them or given to them exclusively as private individuals rather than as public individuals. Queen Elizabeth owns many pieces of art work that are exclusively hers as a mere citizen and are not the property of Great Britain. (Just as Queen Sofia's brother is trying to get back his property in Greece which is his by inheritance rather than having belonged to Greece.)

i don't think in that way it's like that. the spanish royal family isn't as the wealthy british one, who does own properties and art work, and lots of pieces and all that is their own collection. after the "transicion" (after the war and when the king came) the spanish monarchy was kind of "destroyed". even the figure of the king was different: he was thought to be "franco's succesor" rather than a king. however and fortunately all this changed and the king "saved" spain from a second dictatory government, but after that all the palaces are national patrimony (but of course the royal family can use them whenever they want to) and the only house that is owned by them i think it is the one they have in the vall d'aran (where they go skiing, baqueira). i would say that not even the fortuna yatch is property of the king 8could anyone confirm?).

carlota said:
i don't think in that way it's like that. the spanish royal family isn't as the wealthy british one, who does own properties and art work, and lots of pieces and all that is their own collection. after the "transicion" (after the war and when the king came) the spanish monarchy was kind of "destroyed"
Yes, it's true that King Juan Carlos is not likely to have half of Queen Elisabeth's fortune, but I really don't believe he couldn't afford the weddings of his own daughters...
For an estimation of KJC's fortune, there's a reference to an article published in Euro Business, at this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom