The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 21: December 2010 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed,fair enough if the King can't go & Felipe is off sailing but what are the following members doing tomorrow that's so urgent?

The Infanta Elena
The Duke & Duchess of Palma
The Infanta Pilar
The Duke & Duchess of Soria
The Infante Carlos

The King couldn't have sent any of the above in his place?

You could add Princess of Asturia to the list of royals that could (and should) attend.

King Juan Carlos is not the bad in this story, Monaco made all of this wrong not sending invitations to the Princes or the Infantas. And in my opinion there are two things that maybe were decisive and are:

1. Prince Albert spoke so bad of Madrid, and COI denied Madrid Olympics 2012 organization.

2. When the Princes of Asturias married, Prince Ernst of Hannover was drinking the nigh before to the wedding, visiting all the night clubs of Madrid and he couldn't attend because of the hangover, this man is first or second cousin of Queen Sophia. Princess Caroline and him can be separated but they are still legally married, so he is member of Monaco's Royal Family.

But this is a Royal Wedding, but is more a "Press wedding" than a Royal one.

(Sorry for my english :huh:).

Nobody disputes that, but why doesnt the King send a representative like so many other dignitaries?

"Hey Al, it's JC speaking, sorry but my knee is still bad and my family has other things to do" - sorry I don't buy that the whole issue is that easy.

Perhaps this time he couldn't find any substitute at the last minute (even a month ago when he had the knee surgery). It seems Sofia has some other plans since she won't have an act next week. Felipe is scheduled to sail to honor his navy instructor, this time he can't come in for his father like his uncle's birthday last year and left his wife and daughters to holiday with his friends in Portugal, nobody in the family can sail for him this time. Not sure about the infantas, maybe they also said 'no' to their father since they have other plans.
The bottomline is JC should have let Felipe represent him at the wedding insteading trying to go himself.

It seems that the King or the doctors thought that recovery would be faster, this week the King was scheduled to accompany Ban Ki-moon at the opening of a United Nations center in Valencia, and now the Prince will replace him.

Thanks for the article! I loved the anecdote of Letizia letting a blind child to touch her hair, because he wanted to know how "a princess´hair" would be :flowers: That´s soooo sweet!

It´s so nice to see Infanta Margaita attending the event. Lula, do you know if she´s a patron or godmother for the ONCE? She must be a great support for blind people.

According to the agency Europa Press, the House of the King is thinking of limiting the number of members of the Royal Family to the King, Queen, Prince and the Princess of Asturias and infantas Leonor and Sofía in 2012.

La Infanta Elena y los Duques de Palma podrían dejar de ser considerados Familia Real

Thanks to Inaki :whistling::whistling::whistling:

But seriously, its the right thing to do. Most Royal Houses will cut down to the core family (King, Queen, heir & spouse, spare until the heir has a family) because the rest is just a waste of money.

Doesn't it mean the families of Elena and Cristina will not have the police protection ? It said in the media that the salaries for the officers alone for Cristina's family in DC was about 300K, probably the same for Elena too. Other than the police protection, the SRF gets a fixed amount each year, will not change with or without the infantas.

many royal houses do the same nowadays. i dont find it wrong.
the royal families should stick with the Monarch(& spouse), heir(& spouse) and the hereditary heir, this way gets things more easier. and it doesnt mean the other members of the family will get out, just their royal activities will be cut and royal status. (they will still be Infantas but unoficially)
its actually very positive, they get to life more freely and with a normal life.

the Norwegen Royals did the same and even more extreme, with the second or more kids from the crown princely family having only His/Her Highness. Infanta Sofia can rest for a while until she gets married and stays in the same position that Infantas Cristine and Elena will be facing if this turns out be used.

Other than the police protection, the SRF gets a fixed amount each year, will not change with or without the infantas.

Are you sure? I dont think it will take long before there is a discussion why the King would still need the same amount of money when the SRF is being reduced by two people. It would be common sense for the public.

At the same time, there will be the call for more transparancy, where exactly does the King need the money for?

Are you sure? I dont think it will take long before there is a discussion why the King would still need the same amount of money when the SRF is being reduced by two people. It would be common sense for the public.

At the same time, there will be the call for more transparancy, where exactly does the King need the money for?

Zarzuela said that Elena and Cristina were paid by number of acts they did, Elena had about 30, Cristina had about 20 last year, thus I doubt they received much money representing the crown. The SRF (unlike some other European monarchies) didn't receive more money when Felipe married Letizia, now they have two kids, even without Elena and Cristina, there are more people in the family than before Felipe got married.
I think the major expense on Elena and Cristina is the security money. If they still enjoy the police protection, Zarzuela might as well ask them to work for their keep.
It's for sure there will be the call for more transparency in finance in the future.

I´m so glad that the Queen could go to Washington to be with her daughter and grandchildren . And also that Alexia was there with her great friend Cristina. I shall buy Hola here to see the photos.
As for reducing the number s in the SRF it seems like all the royals are doing that. However, for me the Infantas Elena and Cristina as well as their children and the Queen, of course, are still my favourites.:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom