The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 21: December 2010 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Just read this on Hola.com 'No member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the wedding of Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock'

Ningún miembro de la Familia Real española asistirá a la boda de Albe | Noticias hola.com

Is this true or just speculations? I hope its not true!

So far they havent listed the event on their website what is unusual since the wedding is no private event and would have been posted alongside the other events (same procedure as with Williams wedding).

I would be surprised if nobody attended, Albert is a reigning prince and the SRF and MPF are close (Sofia & Grace, later Albert and Rainier and JC of course were buddies, same type of Man's Men ;))

I believe that King Juan Carlos may be too ill for any member of the family to leave the country. If that's the case, I'm sure communication between the two Houses have taken place.

I believe that King Juan Carlos may be too ill for any member of the family to leave the country. If that's the case, I'm sure communication between the two Houses have taken place.

That is certainly not the case, unless we are not aware that JC is about to pass away (god forbid).

JC doesnt attend foreign royals' weddings as a matter of principle, it would be business as usual if Queen Sofia and / or Princes, Infantas attended.

And the SRF is always about business as usual, doesnt matter if JC is receiving treatment re his knee surgery or not.

That is certainly not the case, unless we are not aware that JC is about to pass away (god forbid).

JC doesnt attend foreign royals' weddings as a matter of principle, it would be business as usual if Queen Sofia and / or Princes, Infantas attended.

And the SRF is always about business as usual, doesnt matter if JC is receiving treatment re his knee surgery or not.

It would be very bizzare if no one from The Spanish Royal Family attends the Wedding seeing as Belgium is sending 4 members ,The entire Swedish RF are attending.

Plus there's nothing on Casa Real,what ever is going on a Zarzuela is very,very odd & will only increase rumours about the Kings health.

Whats the point of having a Spanish Royal Family if their not going to attend Royal events!!

Do we know whether there's another function on that day? Isn't the graduation ceremonies of military academies this time of the year?
(I know... one of the Infantas could still have attended, but i mean for the Princes of Asturias or the Queen)

Do we know whether there's another function on that day? Isn't the graduation ceremonies of military academies this time of the year?
(I know... one of the Infantas could still have attended, but i mean for the Princes of Asturias or the Queen)

I checked Casa Real & there's nothing mentioned .

Felipe has 2 sisters,2 aunts one of them could attend the wedding if he & Letizia/Queen have prior engagements.

It would be very bizzare if no one from The Spanish Royal Family attends the Wedding seeing as Belgium is sending 4 members ,The entire Swedish RF are attending.

Plus there's nothing on Casa Real,what ever is going on a Zarzuela is very,very odd & will only increase rumours about the Kings health.

Whats the point of having a Spanish Royal Family if their not going to attend Royal events!!

They usually do attend royal events and it would indeed be bizarre if no member attend the Monaco wedding.

Unless there are reasons of political correctness (JC & Sofia did not attend Charles & Diana wedding because of the Gibraltar topic I recall), vulcanic ash or national catastrophy, usually some members attend fellow royals main events.

@ Charlotte Aster: Nothing is scheduled on casareal website for next Saturday. Felipe will replace his father on some military events on Wednesday.

They usually do attend royal events and it would indeed be bizarre if no member attend the Monaco wedding.

Unless there are reasons of political correctness (JC & Sofia did not attend Charles & Diana wedding because of the Gibraltar topic I recall), vulcanic ash or national catastrophy, usually some members attend fellow royals main events.

@ Charlotte Aster: Nothing is scheduled on casareal website for next Saturday. Felipe will replace his father on some military events on Wednesday.

If there's no Spanish presence at the Princely Wedding,Spain might aswell do away with the Monarchy.Every other Reigning House are sending someone,some of the non reigning families are too!

If The Queen/Felipe/Letizia are busy send one of the Infantas!

I've said it before but there's something very odd going on Zarzuela!

JC has been making some erratic decisions lately. After his outburst on his health issue, he was angrily banning the journalists to the audiences, only after many complains, the head of the press had to apologize and lift ban. I feel sorry for Albert, he and his family had attended the weddings of the Prince and the infantas. It's very rude for the SRF not to send either Queen or the Princes.

maybe they just dont like albert and his future wife?

maybe they just dont like albert and his future wife?

Actually Sofia met Albert and Charlene at the Beijing Olympics, they were friendly towards each other. Maybe JC was upset that Luis Alfonso was invited as the head of the French throne. But even if he is upset, he shouldn't be making erratic decisions.
A few days ago the press mentioned Varela made two outfits for Letizia for the Monaco wedding. Everything is very strange.

Last edited:
JC has been making some erratic decisions lately. After his outburst on his health issue, he was angrily banning the journalists to the audiences, only after many complains, the head of the press had to apologize and lift ban. I feel sorry for Albert, he and his family had attended the weddings of the Prince and the infantas. It's very rude for the SRF not to send either Queen or the Princes.

A Royal Family who are afraid to be Royal,honestly whats the point in keeping them?

Also if people start to lose interest in the SRF they only have themselves to blame.

Last edited:
Also if people start to lose interest in the SRF they only have themselves to blame.

At least I don´t lose my interest in the SRF, I´m just sad if they don´t attend the wedding. The wedding is becoming more and more boring to me. But if the king decides that no one will go, the no one will go.

Last edited:
I am sure there have been events in the past were relations are not event friendly but the SRF attended for protocol reasons. I dont think it is about like/dislike and in this case, there are defo friendly and even close relations.

I agree with donnaK, not sending anyone to a reigning Princes' wedding would be rude and bizarre.

At least I don´t lose my interest in the SRF, I´m just sad if they don´t attend the wedding. The wedding is becoming more and more boring to me. But if the king decides that no one will go, the no one will go.

I have,my interest in the SFR has been on the wane for sometime,this 'Princely Wedding snub' or whatever Zarzuela decide to dress it up as is the final straw for me & the SRF.

If they were to come to Ireland tomorrow I don't think I'd bother to make the effort :sad:

I agree with donnaK, not sending anyone to a reigning Princes' wedding would be rude and bizarre.

And make them appear snobby :sad:

But they've left it to the last minute to decide if they'll go or scurry back to Zarzuela & hide away for the weekend & hope everyone forgets that their the Spanish Royal Family!

And make them appear snobby :sad:

But they've left it to the last minute to decide if they'll go or scurry back to Zarzuela & hide away for the weekend & hope everyone forgets that their the Spanish Royal Family!

Not going would be completely out of protocol they usually follow. SRF members usually attend weddings of Head of State royals, heirs to the throne or friend/family royals.

I still dont believe that they are not going since Albert/Grimaldis are both, Head of State royal & friendly related. The fact that he is "only" a Prince is an excuse I cant follow. JC and Rainier had great relations, so did Sofia & Grace.

After "Olympiagate" in 2005 Albert came to Spain in 2008 and was received very friendly.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81...6679DBD6C46C06085B00A4979EF4B2E9980AD7B49AA87

What is Olympiagate?

In 2005, Albert didnt support Madrid in order to get the Games 2012 but sided with Paris, claiming that Madrid wasnt safe because of the terrorist attacks in 2004 (in the end London got the prize). His conduct didnt go down very well in Spain and with Sofia, who was present in Singapore at the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom