The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 20: July 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easter is coming, there are always great pictures of The Spanish Royal Family at this date, I can't wait to see. :D
Still the state visit from Frace... Carla Bruni and The Princess of Asturias, OMG! :D

King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofían and the chairman of Spanish Committe of United World Schools Foundation, Carlos de Borbón, presided over the signing of collaboration agreements of the Spanish Committe of United World Schools Foundation, at the Zarzuela Palace

BelgaPicture - Category details

I wonder why Inaki did not attend, I am sure he was listed on casa real when the event was announced. I have the feeling that his attendance at events is cut back in order not to make Elena too awkward on her own, with Cristina attending on her own, too. The question is how long will this "temporary sepeartion" be in place, in official terms. Just in case there is the need for a new official picture of the SFR for some reason, I wonder how they would deal with the issue, "reactivate" Jaime for an updated shoot or leave him out?

:previous: Wow...We really have to give color to everything, don't we?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is the second time since the year began, that the Royal House announces that Iñaki will be in an act with the Infanta Cristina, and ultimately he does not come (and in the other act only his wife was, not the complete family). The Dukes only went to the acts accompanying their wives, Jaime liked this social life, it seems to Iñaki likes less, and now his absence is less showy, since the other duke is not there. It seems that Iñaki enjoy more in his business and in acts with friends. But the Royal House should not announce his presence, because later the absence is more evident...

I wonder why Inaki did not attend, I am sure he was listed on casa real when the event was announced. I have the feeling that his attendance at events is cut back in order not to make Elena too awkward on her own, with Cristina attending on her own, too. The question is how long will this "temporary sepeartion" be in place, in official terms. Just in case there is the need for a new official picture of the SFR for some reason, I wonder how they would deal with the issue, "reactivate" Jaime for an updated shoot or leave him out?

I certainly think that is not the case. There were events wherein the SRF are complete except of course Jaime and Inaki was there too. ;) The RF must know by now that things aren't the same as they used to be so why cut Inaki in the event when we're sure we saw him in other events less Jaime. I'm sure Elena knows that she's bound to attend alone in her future events whether she's with her family or just with her sister and her husband. :rolleyes: Easter is coming and every year we saw the family together. I'm sure SRF will not cut Inaki during the Easter Mass just because Elena is coming too and she's not with Jaime. That will be unfair for Cristina.

Picture details

oh oh - a case for caption this!

big no-no to point your finger at the queen like this in public.

I believe that you should watch the video before, first the Queen points her finger, later the Princess ... they are indicating both where to put the purse...

I believe that you should watch the video before, first the Queen points her finger, later the Princess ... they are indicating both where to put the purse...

well, i actually did a caption this as i seriously don't think that we will ever see any obvious sign of rudeness in public, at least not between the queen and the princess ;)

the video is from a different ankle, even hard to notice from there. there are a million opportunities to get situations like these out of a video but belga even chose to publish this as a separate caption. they will know why. as i said, caption this! the tabloids will be happy to do so. only a few people will remember that it was only about where to put a purse.

Has anyone seen these photos from the Cervantes Award Official Luncheon yesterday? It appears that Letizia and Queen Sofia are arguing in the first picture. I wonder if they were really fighting or if was the camera angle or something. Of course this is just speculation, but Queen Sofia does look rather upset in some other pictures.

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

Has anyone seen these photos from the Cervantes Award Official Luncheon yesterday? It appears that Letizia and Queen Sofia are arguing in the first picture. I wonder if they were really fighting or if was the camera angle or something. Of course this is just speculation, but Queen Sofia does look rather upset in some other pictures.

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

I watched a video of this (http://es.noticias.yahoo.com/5/20090421/video/vcb-reyes-y-prncipes-en-entrega-del-cerv-1ac7eb4.html) and it appears the photo caption was trying to stir up trouble where none exists. If you watch the video, it shows that Letizia was merely pointing out to the Queen she was going to place her handbag on the credenza behind her before she lined up for the receiving line.

Proof once again, that a still photo capturing a gesture in 1/100th of a second does not always tell the whole story.

Of course, it was rude to point, but I think it was more of a quick gesture on Letizia's part, something that 99.9% of us would have done in the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom