The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 20: July 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gallery from Hola
Galerías de imágenes

I have a question re the dress code, is anyone familiar with the protocol? State Dinner is white tie and then there are these so called "Dinners of Honour", often for Presidents on Offial Visits. On some occasions the Ladies chose long dresses, on some occasions short dresses whilst the men stick with their usual tie and suit that they also wear on much less formal occasions. Is there a sense behind the Ladies' wear or are they getting dressed according to "I feel like wearing a long skirt today"?

Letizia looks great! I'm not sure how I feel about Queen Sofia's dress, but she looks beautiful as always.

I just Love princess Letizia... she looked very nice!!! The Queen... lovely as always!

Letizia looked better than I think she has looked in a long time. She was GORGEOUS! Is it just me, or does her face seem a bit fuller?

Letizia looked better than I think she has looked in a long time. She was GORGEOUS! Is it just me, or does her face seem a bit fuller?

I think that Letizia looks well rested, after the nose operation/septorhinoplasty she doesn´t have breathing problems anymore and she can sleep better.
Lots of photos:
Zimbio

Thanks a lot for the link LadyFinn :) great pics!, I agree with acdc1, Gorgeous!!

Inauguration of the new building of the High school of Music Queen Sofia and meeting of the Meeting of its Patronage. Madrid.

Queen Sofia presided the act, and as members of the Foundation the Infanta Margarita and her husband were present at the act.

http://www.madridiario.es/madridiario/distrito/centro/pieza/portada1221654790_portada.jpg

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20080917_actos_del_dia/20080917-escuela_musica2.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20080917_actos_del_dia/20080917-escuela_musica.jpg

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but do any of the Spanish royals hunt?

It's well known that the Prince and the King usually go hunting.

I read that in October their will be a visit by the French President and Carla Bruni, as well as state (?) visits by the King and Queen of Malaysia and the King and Queen of Jordan
Is this correct and do we have any more dates or info

Madrid Wax Museum adapts to changes within the SRF

Vanitatis.com - La segunda operación de la Princesa Letizia

According to this article, Jaime's figure has been removed from Elena's side (to the bullfight corner - as far away from the SRF as possible) to accommodate the "temporary split" from his wife. I guess the poor Duke of Lugo will be binned once the "temporary split" will give way to divorce.

Then, Letizia's nose will be corrected on her wax figure, accommodating the operation she had this summer. I'd suggest they do a complete new figure as the old one is ugly and an insult anyway. At the time of the engagement Letizia looked really pretty and the artist could have done much better, Felipe looks strange, too:
Jamd

Vanitatis.com - La segunda operación de la Princesa Letizia

According to this article, Jaime's figure has been removed from Elena's side (to the bullfight corner - as far away from the SRF as possible) to accommodate the "temporary split" from his wife. I guess the poor Duke of Lugo will be binned once the "temporary split" will give way to divorce.

Then, Letizia's nose will be corrected on her wax figure, accommodating the operation she had this summer. I'd suggest they do a complete new figure as the old one is ugly and an insult anyway. At the time of the engagement Letizia looked really pretty and the artist could have done much better, Felipe looks strange, too:
Jamd

I can't beleive Letizia's wax figure. I think it's awful. She is much more different than that figure..

I read that in October their will be a visit by the French President and Carla Bruni, as well as state (?) visits by the King and Queen of Malaysia and the King and Queen of Jordan
Where did you read this? Do you have a link? :flowers:

OMG she looks so ugly, very masculine :ohmy:.

Thanks for the informations, Duke of Marmalade :flowers:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both figures looks horrible. Doesn't looks like the real ones.

Más dinero para la Casa Real : Actualidad

Casa Real's budget will increase of 2.7% in 2009 to 8.9 Mio Euro - quite controversial as Spain is near a recession. People not only find it annoying that the government sticks with flat salaries and the public even has to cope with declining salaries / unemployment but also that the King gets the money and contributes how he likes without declaration even though it's taxpayer's money (note: patrimonio national or the appropriate governmental department etc etc pay for their palaces, travel etc etc anyway).

I think this will change with Felipe and IMO the taxpayer has the right to know what happens with the money. I wonder what the increase in 2009 is for - Letizia's wardrobe?

You´re right. The wax figures are horrible!Hope the new one of CP Letizia will be better.

The wax figures are not that great. I actually thought Felipe's was worse than Letizia's. Felipe's doesn't resemble him at all. At least there is a resemblance to Letizia with her wax figure. The eyes are pretty right on with Letizia.

It would be great to know where you read this. We would know by now if these visits were really planned. Things like that are known about months in advance. Besides the Spanish royals have no problem staying busy in the month of October with their typical events. I doubt that 2 state visits would ever be scheduled for the month of October.

I know its not much help, but I think that I read something about the French visit in another thread - I havent got a clue which one (I do remember being surprised that I read about it there first), and it (the vist) was only mentioned tentatively...

The President Sarkozy commented a few months ago that the King had invited him to visit Spain in autumn, but for the present time there is no news of the exact date.

Kings of Jordan will visit Spain on October 18 and 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom